Funny Screenshots Thread

Perhaps more a frustrating screen shot than a funny one, but still... an early penalty lead, then us sticking men behind the ball on d-duty to frustrate for the remainder of the match. Only to add a second goal in injury time and rub it in. Had the stupid ref not awarded us a free kick, including a wasteful shot at goal in the 16th minute, this would have been my perfect match. :( 

d2fdvAw.png

https://i.imgur.com/d2fdvAw.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually enjoy the buggy/simple bit of code that results in these totally offbase presser questions, especially after what was our most impressive league victory in 5 seasons!

I'd love to be able to 'avoid defeat' like that every week.

2324_BHAvMANU_CounterFormationStandard02.thumb.JPG.6f8c4af81b029372715ff6f9143fb174.JPG

Obviously this guy didn't have a vote in the Player of Week competition :-)

2324_BHAvMANU_CounterFormationStandard04.thumb.JPG.4810a1f6a939ae7717ffcaaa7eecb9a1.JPG

Edited by CaptCanuck

On 01/08/2020 at 12:00, Weston said:

Got knocked out of the cup because this didn't go in...

That's some serious voodoo the opposition cast on their goal line.

When the defender tried to clear the ball and it ricocheted right back at him and still didn't go in, I spit my drink out on my shirt.

Edit:  I just watched it a second time (without the drink) and it was just as funny as the first time!

Edited by jwchriste

Fifteen to nil. FIFTEEN. FREAKING. GOALS. TO. NOUGHT. In a Champions' League group match.

fm_2020-08-03_20-03-21.png

fm_2020-08-03_20-13-18.png

Oh, and there's some epic Farça action going on as well. Next time I hear home bias isn't blown out of proportion in FM I freaking swear that- oh, forgot about Arsenal picking exactly zero points in a group with Bilbao, RB Leipzig and some random Dutch small time club (which is me).

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

2 hours ago, Xavier Lukhas said:

Fifteen to nil. FIFTEEN. FREAKING. GOALS. TO. NOUGHT. In a Champions' League group match.

fm_2020-08-03_20-03-21.png

fm_2020-08-03_20-13-18.png

Oh, and there's some epic Farça action going on as well. Next time I hear home bias isn't blown out of proportion in FM I freaking swear that- oh, forgot about Arsenal picking exactly zero points in a group with Bilbao, RB Leipzig and some random Dutch small time club (which is me).

Did Olympiakos sell all of their defenders??

1 hour ago, Weston said:

Did Olympiakos sell all of their defenders??

I mean, technically they're on View Only, so they only have two real defenders. :lol:

fm_2020-08-03_23-55-25.thumb.png.62570d939d9ef9497b6ccac1de6b2bc6.png

But yeah, let's say that this Champions' League was one to quickly forget. Especially with a minus thirty-six goal difference. In comparison, Arsenal merely ended with a minus nine goal difference despite their six losses...

fm_2020-08-03_20-29-33.thumb.png.d71548d979ec1b110887bb53c5ce8f0f.png

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

19 minutes ago, Weston said:

Haha you should post this in the bugs forum

12 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

It seems because he's from Wales  he wants to think West ham is in Wales too. :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sullivan_(businessman)

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Well, if the new stadium is built in Wales he's not wrong I guess.

I wasn't going to carry on with the save but now I kinda want to know if the new stadium really is going to be built in Wales!

8 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I wasn't going to carry on with the save but now I kinda want to know if the new stadium really is going to be built in Wales!

Only just now noticed it was you who posted it so I probably didn't need to tell you to post it in the bugs forum haha, oops

It's funny this has come up because I've actually been spending a lot of time looking at maps of West Ham support and stadium locations etc. lately. My English great great grandmother moved to America from that Tower Hamlets area a century ago (because her parents died during a flu pandemic of all things) and I've been curious if they may have had any connection to the club while living there.

Edited by Weston

I holidayed through and somewhat disappointingly the new stadium was built in London.  It was however named "Trevor Brooking Park" (good choice) although playing our home games at "Cwmystwyth Stadium" or somewhere else equally unpronounceable and lacking in vowels might have been quite fun.

4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'd be absolutely fuming, not to mention the ball actually does the cross the line!!

image.thumb.png.30af4cd122b5e797025b88c181b169d5.png

2 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

How can you tell? The ball is in the air

The perspective makes it difficult, but I didn't even get a goal-line review! Not that it would matter, because the goal-line reviews are always shown at an angle that makes it look like the ball went in when it ruled to have not, and you also only ever get goal-line reviews when it's not a goal so you know the outcome already anyway. Oh well.

To make matters worse, the context behind this video is we won the coppa italia the year before, and then lost in the first round we entered this year to newly-promoted Napoli by a 93rd min PK :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Weston said:

The perspective makes it difficult, but I didn't even get a goal-line review! Not that it would matter, because the goal-line reviews are always shown at an angle that makes it look like the ball went in when it ruled to have not, and you also only ever get goal-line reviews when it's not a goal so you know the outcome already anyway. Oh well.

To make matters worse, the context behind this video is we won the coppa italia the year before, and then lost in the first round we entered this year to newly-promoted Napoli by a 93rd min PK :rolleyes:

The real problem is that freak of a defender with 2 torsos and 3 legs ;-)

I've seen some weird goal line 'saves' but that really is special!

Just now, john1 said:

43424822bc9d552542478f69c77f0dc4.png
Never say never..... Returned to Spurs...

Anyone seen previous manager or so to come back to their old club on FM?

Ancelotti came back to Milan only to get sacked, but I don't know if that counts since his first stint was before this database obviously.

1434307141_WTFFM.thumb.png.1440e2f6f600c200007bb39b0fbcb18c.png

I found this little gem as I was rearanging some folders. I still remembered how shocked I was when it happened. Even posted it on reddit. This is on FM 18 btw and the Polish team got tycooned. 

399245295_WTFFM2.thumb.png.130ca4cf0f947917f390d446d0da5aae.png

7k a week is quite the difference to his usual wage demands... 

On 06/08/2020 at 05:32, north_london_fan said:

Has anyone else ever had a season like this before? With Nimes, I conceded the most goals in the league and if not for PSG I would have scored the most too!

20200805202925_1.jpg

20200805203205_1.jpg

20200805203209_1.jpg

At least you would be the most entertaining club in the league! The neutrals would have loved it.

48 minutes ago, Xavier Lukhas said:

This slip four matches from the end of the season cost us the title. On goal difference.

fm_2020-08-18_08-43-45.thumb.png.433d0b5f37074432d22009589e9c1262.png

fm_2020-08-18_08-46-52.thumb.png.07b09a242be8fc935e381d552ce77f74.png

fm_2020-08-18_08-48-32.thumb.png.6481986fb5c82768f5f4aafabf1d5edf.png

TWENTY-FOUR SHOTS TO ZERO. FIFTEEN ON TARGET TO NIL. JUST AFTER LOSING TO AJAX IN A SIX POINTER. :seagull:

Sometimes this game can be utterly infuriating!

21 minutes ago, Xavier Lukhas said:

Then my players come out and say "dunno if we can win the title boss". After we won three before this slip. :idiot:

fm_2020-08-18_08-39-21.png

And this is the problem. There is no context for the players. In fact, I'd say there's very little context in the game. I'd understand their doubt if you were totally outplayed and they had a stark realisation that they weren't quite good enough. This is where the game falls down for me, as well as in many other departments, actually! However, it would seem that your team played well and luck (or the game) was against them and as such would feel hard done by and at least have some confidence or determination to better themselves next year.