Funny Screenshots Thread

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could've soared through the leagues with Gillingham and built them up very quickly, hence the signings of Kanté, Rashford and a very experienced Ronaldo. From my experience, the latter usually sticks around until his late 30s, if not his early 40s.

Personally, I find it more amusing that Neil Brock outscored Cristiano. :D

2 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

How did you get Ronaldo for Gillingham? In-game editor?

2 hours ago, CFuller said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could've soared through the leagues with Gillingham and built them up very quickly, hence the signings of Kanté, Rashford and a very experienced Ronaldo. From my experience, the latter usually sticks around until his late 30s, if not his early 40s.

Personally, I find it more amusing that Neil Brock outscored Cristiano. :D

@mightypvfc I do have the editor, but I didn't use it for that. @CFuller is spot on with his points.

Ronaldo cost me £11m a season or so ago after he wanted to leave Real for a new challenge (much like IRL) though he is 37 now and well past his best years. The bonus is that whilst he still plays, he's also my U23 manager so I've got him set for when he retires.

Kanté cost me £21m after I tried to pursue Bakayoko, I was unsettling him, Chelsea offered him a massive contract and had already signed another first choice midfielder. Kanté ended up very unhappy and I picked him up for peanuts. Rashford cost me an arm and a leg and I'm still paying for him now...

Neil Brock came through my first (or second I can't remember) intake and is now my second-best striker but given another season or so he'll easily be the best in my squad.

So I've just sold a full back for £112m (Alvaro Odriozola from Real Sociedad to PSG, only 2022 not some 2040s inflation) and decided to take a look into the history of big transfers in my save. Aside from PSG turning a £3m profit on Kylian Mbappé I think this was the most bizarre discovery:

827835992_ScreenShot2018-08-09at00_31_04.thumb.png.1f5932304c10a15adab9bc896b65136e.png1150065183_ScreenShot2018-08-09at00_24_15.thumb.png.9b00deef249c469eefe30ad7fc0fdd4e.png

He's pretty great, certainly. But not that great, and he hasn't had especially outstanding stats. His reputation is only 1 gold star "Fairly Good", just doesn't make sense. Tianjin haven't made any sales either, they're an inactive league and he's 50% of their spending so far in the save.

1 hour ago, Drazkul said:

Messi REALLY wants to add the WC to his list of honours - He was due to retire in July!

How much did he cost you to get to Man Utd?

I have him in my Gills career as I picked him up on a free.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, priority76 said:

With one game of the season to go, Colin Calderwood proves what a dipshit he is.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

In all fairness, it's the media that gave the headline. The comments he made were technically correct. There are 3 points to be won (or lost) over the rest of the season and there's a three-point gap and near identical goal difference. There is every chance that Aston Villa could still take the title.

On 29/08/2018 at 19:11, Neotropolis said:

In all fairness, it's the media that gave the headline. The comments he made were technically correct. There are 3 points to be won (or lost) over the rest of the season and there's a three-point gap and near identical goal difference. There is every chance that Aston Villa could still take the title.

Well, we didn't, we lost.  I blame Calderwood.

On 07/09/2018 at 08:42, Neotropolis said:

You could offer 1 Euro (or £/$) if you wanted to. So I'd say yeah.

Am I being dumb - I can;t see how the potential value would be 25, especially when the message says 'have made a 30 offer, and yet all i can see are the two installments of 8.

7 hours ago, Snorks said:

Am I being dumb - I can;t see how the potential value would be 25, especially when the message says 'have made a 30 offer, and yet all i can see are the two installments of 8.

I've noticed it a few times, actually. It's not the first time I saw a laughably low offer (though never that low), but whenever that happens, the game gets confused.

Look that in the clauses section it says they are paying 0 + 0 in two installments.

Just had my trousers pulled down and my bum spanked by Workington. They were 20th going into this, I'm pushing for a playoff place. What proceeded was a demonstration of cutting-edge National League North sniping in front of goal from Workington.

Tamworth-Workington.jpg

10 hours ago, zlatanera said:

53197154_ScreenShot2018-09-28at22_24_25.thumb.png.57804460400dfee2dcfe371297b7a12a.png

So in their infinite wisdom, the new Ajax board have decided to give me the option of when to start pre-season (I chose 9th July), then chose to put our training camp during the players' holiday!

I get this sort of thing all the time

@Neotropolis any particular leagues it happens in? Personally I believe this may be only the 2nd time I've ever had the board arrange a training camp for me at all. It turned out that those greyed out days simply became regular training days and we in effect had a nearly 7 week pre-season instead of a 4 week one. During which my AM overplayed Kasper Dolberg and put him out for 3 months :(

21 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Neotropolis any particular leagues it happens in? Personally I believe this may be only the 2nd time I've ever had the board arrange a training camp for me at all. It turned out that those greyed out days simply became regular training days and we in effect had a nearly 7 week pre-season instead of a 4 week one. During which my AM overplayed Kasper Dolberg and put him out for 3 months :(

I've never had it affect me like that. I play mostly in the English Leagues but it has also happened in the Italian ones too. All that it is for me is a wasted training camp as all the players are still on holiday

2 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

I've never had it affect me like that. I play mostly in the English Leagues but it has also happened in the Italian ones too. All that it is for me is a wasted training camp as all the players are still on holiday

Ah no, for mine they all returned. And when I had the opportunity to register players, my assistant thought the Netherlands would do a lot better than they did, so I was missing most of my best players even though they weren't with their national teams.

15 hours ago, Colonel Getafe said:

Ashley Young as center forward? Ander Herrera as a right winger? Either my scout is drunk or Jose is trying his best to get the sack on the game as well as in real life... :D

mu.png

Can't even make an excuse saying haven't got the players...

With that XI, I'd have Sanchez on the right, Young on the left, Herrera in the middle and Mata up top.

16 hours ago, Colonel Getafe said:

Ashley Young as center forward? Ander Herrera as a right winger? Either my scout is drunk or Jose is trying his best to get the sack on the game as well as in real life... :D

mu.png

I've played Herrera out wide more often than in the middle as he's got the best crossing attribute of the squad.  I've played Young as a F9 before too.  Only thing different I'd do is replace Valencia with Jones for his better crossing skills....and possibly swap Pogba with Mata.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just sacked as Hull City boss after rising to eighth in the league, when predicted to finish 19th, after beating M.C.F.C. However a new chairman takes over and gives me the sack. :applause: Big Sam's comments make this experience worth it though. ;) My replacement did not do any better.

20181105000535_1.jpg

20181105000546_1.jpg

20181105000617_1.jpg

20181105000624_1.jpg

Edited by north_london_fan

"Okay, Domenico, you're coming on for the second half. This is your first home game for us, and it's also a friendly, so don't do anything stupid."

[20 seconds later]

Berardi.thumb.png.08d2173516068444aab02f85ce8ab121.png

"Oh, for goodness sake..."

Edited by CFuller

3 hours ago, CFuller said:

"Okay, Domenico, you're coming on for the second half. This is your first home game for us, and it's also a friendly, so don't do anything stupid."

[20 seconds later]

Berardi.thumb.png.08d2173516068444aab02f85ce8ab121.png

"Oh, for goodness sake..."

Haha he was trying to eclipse his hero, a certain Steven Gerard. Although to be fair to Gerrard, he was on the pitch for 38 seconds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32009947