Coming Soon: A New Country!

Unknown Hacker

orFVQ.png

The Oppressed Peoples of Ethnocleansistan is a small, economically powerful nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 29 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Woodchip Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports industries.

Only the brainiest citizens become academics, healthcare funding has been cut, protests are prohibited from blocking traffic, and the entire retail industry has been replaced by online delivery services. Crime is a problem. Ethnocleansistan's national animal is the Coyote, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Ramadan Bandage.

But how will the football team fare?

Factbook:

Economy

Geography

History:

The state of Ethnocleansistan lies in the Sea of Okhotsk, an uninhabited wasteland closest to Russia and North Korea. For more information see the geography section.

Settlers originally arrived on the island, about the size of the State of Texas, during the late middle ages when the trade routes were just reaching the Bay. The horrendous weather rendered the island almost inhospitable until the early 19th Century when the hardy locals (Nanuks) had to contend with arriving foreigners travelling down the Silk Roads. These new arrivals became known as Bigtopians and the widespread resentment of these people by the proud Nanuks sowed the seeds for the ethnic conflicts which have been evident throughout the nation's recent history.

Following the October revolution in Russia the Republic joined with the Russian state, both fearing and admiring Lenin's skills as an orator and commander.

Unfortunately the age of equality under Lenin didn't last for very long, and after Stalin's accession to the position of leader of the Russian communist party the people's were brutally oppressed. Various Russians moved into the area in order to pan for uranium and work as wardens in the pens where the Nanuks and Bigtopians lived. Human experimentation was rife and this bred a culture of resentment, not only between the inhabitants and the Russians, but also between the various races represented on the island.

The island was immensely repressed following the end of the war, and after the collapse of the Soviet Union the country was finely poised to enter into a bloody civil war. And that is exactly what happened. The Nanuks wanted independence, the Russians wanted to reunite with Russia and the Bigtopians wished simply to escape persecution for 20 mins. Nobody got what they wanted.

The ensuing civil war resulted in genocides on all sides which was covered up by the dictatorship. Somewhat amazingly they also succeeded in getting the country removed from all World maps. The country was left divided into three separate sub-republics who were all fiercely nationalistic. However the charismatic Bolin succeeded in getting them all working under the same flag once again. He ascended to power through a coup d'etat but quickly consolidated it through brutal oppression. And that leads us to the present day.

Recent Political Events:

• The entire retail industry has been replaced by online delivery services.
  • Following new legislation protests are prohibited from blocking traffic.
  • Healthcare funding has been cut.
  • Following new legislation only the brainiest citizens can become academics.
  • Following new legislation young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
  • Following new legislation the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
  • Following new legislation the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.
  • Following new legislation thieves are flogged in public for their crimes.
  • Following new legislation euthanasia is legal.

:D Nice start, sounds like a lovely place. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Cheers mate. Just a bit of fun to tide me over because it appeared that all projects involving super-leagues and the like were already taken. And I've never made a completely new nation before. I intend for it to have a quite impressive league structure and a decent national team, perhaps akin to a Switzerland.

The opening few posts will be updated weekly with new information. Apart from the political events section which'll probably be updated every few days.

It's actually the flag of Ceuta. I didn't want to make a new one.

I realise this is not the graphics section, but I think my question is relevant to the conversation. How would you go about putting that flag in to the game, mate?

I realise this is not the graphics section, but I think my question is relevant to the conversation. How would you go about putting that flag in to the game, mate?

I'd move the graphic(s) into a suitable folder and create a config.xml file. Examples of which you can find in the Skinning Hideout sub-forum as I don't want to cross-post.

Geography:

Quick Facts:

Capital City: Lukxu (7.2million people)

Area: 293,146 Sq. Miles

Coastline: 3650 Miles

Natural Resources: Natural Gas, Oil, Uranium and Tin

The state of Ethnocleansistan is situated in the Sea of Okhotsk, almost completely surrounded by Russian landmass. It is divided quite clearly into three distinct sections. These are marked by the people who live there as much as by the geographical extremes.

1. Nanaroo

A mountanous area which takes up most of the national landmass. Unseasonably cold, it spends much of the year under heavy snow. The Nanaks who live here are a hardly, short people. All money made in this area is made through subsistence farming, and it is barren in the terms of natural resources. The only large city is Tagaluch, the nation's 6th largest.

2. Mesto

A flat, warm area mainly inhabited by Russians and Mongolian invaders. Rich in natural resources, the country's capital, Lukxu, is right in the middle of this area. The service industries are big here and although you may think that an Indian orphan is answering your telephone they probably come from Pngjui or Luiloi-Kotrok...

3. Beru-Beru

The ghetto townships in this area are relics from the age of oppression of the Bigtopians. This is where the most impovershed citizens in the country live, and the most popular jobs are pimping and hired killer (in that order). The rich-poor gap here is the 5th highest in the world and 87% of the population of this area live below the breadline. This fact will be evident from the style of football, and also from the stadiums. Many of which should be condemned but the building regulators are simply too scared to enter.

Economy:

[TABLE=class: infobox]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] GDP: $907,494 million

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Per Capita: $39,293

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LFS: 9,317,800

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Unemployed: 12.5%*

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GINI: 0.634

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poverty Rate: 15.8%

[/TABLE]

*4.1% in Mesto, 7.8% in Nanaroo and 27% in Beru-Beru

Main Exports

1. Oil
  2. Natural Gas
  3. Woodchips
  4. Automobiles
  5. Cheese

I'd move the graphic(s) into a suitable folder and create a config.xml file. Examples of which you can find in the Skinning Hideout sub-forum as I don't want to cross-post.

Thank you very much, UH. Much appreciated. There is a post in there that I have contributed to but I have had more joy here thanks to you.

Archived