[2012] Equality in Spain (Shared TV deals for La Liga & Liga Adelante)

dnex36

La Liga is pretty much a two horse race year in and year out. The biggest contributing factor being the huge disparity in the individual TV deals.

For example, the top 5 teams according to rep have deals as follows:

Barca's deal is worth over 130 million £ a year.

Real Madrid's is worth over 134 million.

Valencia has a TV deal worth 41 million a year.

Sevilla's over 27 million.

Atletico's over 36 million.

To close the gap I removed each team's individual deal and gave La Liga a 40 million a year TV deal, the same as the EPL's. I didn't want to completely take away Barca and Madrid's historical dominance so I gave them each a 20 mill a year (other income) clause.

I've also given la Liga Adelante a TV deal slightly lower than the Championship (England) at 2.5 million £ a year, in hopes of avoiding teams completely being overpowered once they are promoted.

DOWNLOAD

I played a season as Barca and it's really not that exciting challenging with 1 more team for the league, not going to start a new game in the Spanish league but I'll use this and hope it has a good affect on the rest of the league so it makes the other teams better, the gap between 1st and 3rd in my game is like 30 points and it's ridiculous but I wouldn't have given them extra money as they make a ton more through sponsorship anyway but I'll try it out.

I played a season as Barca and it's really not that exciting challenging with 1 more team for the league, not going to start a new game in the Spanish league but I'll use this and hope it has a good affect on the rest of the league so it makes the other teams better, the gap between 1st and 3rd in my game is like 30 points and it's ridiculous but I wouldn't have given them extra money as they make a ton more through sponsorship anyway but I'll try it out.

I would think that after a season the efftect wouldn't be too noticeable, I think it's more of a long term thing. I made it with a long term spanish save in mind. You're right about the extra money though, I wasn't too sure about it in the first and will be taking it out and re-uploading the file

Archived