Star Ratings by Position?

Hi everyone,

How much stock should I put in my AM's star ratings for a player for different positions? I'm thinking about experimenting, as Arsenal, and using a 4-5-1 with van Persie at AMR and Tevez at the striker spot as a trequartista. But my AM says van Persie is 3-star rated at AMR, whereas he's 4 star at striker. Is this a bad idea, or can I just try to find the best configuration (role and duty) to maximize van Persie's strengths at AMR?

Any recommendations for how he would be best used for this position?

I would personally look at the key attributes that you need for each role as well as using your AM's ratings. Players can out perform their attributes. So with you planning on playing Van Persie as an AMR, I assume the role will be as an inside forward?

For an Inside Foward-Attack, it is recommend by the highlighted attributes on the Player Instructions screen that they have decent/good crossing, dribbling, finishing, passing, decisions, flair, off the ball, team work, acceleration and pace. In my opinion, I reckon you could get away with a player not having flair and acceleration if they had good off the ball, positioning and determination.

For Inside Forward-Support, it's ideal that they have decent/good dribbling, long shots, passing, technique, decisions, flair, off the ball, team work, acceleration and pace. Again, you don't need all those attributes to be successful in that role.

Looking at Van Persie's attributes, I'd certainly say that he would have the ability to perform in both the Inside Foward-Attack and Support roles.

Archived