Black cursor set for FM2012 [PC]

RPD80

Hi you lot, hope you can help.

I'm a visually-impaired long-term FM player, a couple of years ago I asked in the forums for help with getting a black cursor set (I can't use the default white set as there's not enough contrast for me) and someone provided a set and instructions on how to install it. This seemed to work for FM11, but not for FM12, could someone help? Thus far I've not been able to play the game much as a result so I'll have wasted my money otherwise.

Also, of the programmers see this could you put this in as standard next year please? I'm sure it wouldn't take much to do ... ?

Cheers,

Rob

Yes mate, if i send you the cursor folder I can walk you through step by step how to repack it. It'll be similar to my guide in the Black Cursor Set thread with a few extra steps needed at the start. Do you have any IM software as it'dd be easier to walk you through it live. I'm a good call centre me!!! :D

Ok, heres the cursors...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ixi43

HOW TO:

STEP 1:

Make sure FM is not running.

STEP 2:

Go to the folder where you installed FM, most likely;

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010

STEP 3:

Back up your graphics.fmf file. To do this;

Double click the data folder, in there you should find a file called graphics.fmf. Right-click this and select Copy. Then, right-click in the folder window and select Paste. This should create a file called graphics - Copy.fmf. We create this just in case anything goes wrong, because, if it does, you can always rename this file graphics.fmf to restore it to an unaltered state.

STEP 4:

Go back to the main Football Manager folder (the adress is in Step 2), now, go into the tools/resource archiver folder and double click the Resource Archiver.

STEP 5:

In the Resource Archiver, click 'Extract Archive'. In the window which pops up, select the graphics.fmf file by clicking it then click select. It will then ask you where you want to extract it to, choose wherever you want it (it doesn't matter, i chose My Documents). It will then unpack all the files to your selected destination.

STEP 6:

Download the cursors. Extract it using winZIP or winRAR to the folder you extracted in the Resource Archiver.

For example, i extracted the files from graphics.fmf to my documents, so that means i need to extract the file to;

My Documents/graphics

It will ask you if you want to overwrite, click Yes.

STEP 7:

Go back into the Resource Archiver. This time, click Create Archive. It will ask you what folder you want to archive. Find the graphics folder, i.e.

My Documents/graphics

and click Select. It will then ask you where you'dd like to put the archive. Go back into the data folder in the main FM folder and click on graphics.fmf and then click Select. It will then ask you if you want to replace the file, click Yes.

STEP 8:

Start up FM, on the main menu, click the Preferences button then, in the preferences page, select the Display and Sound tab. Make sure the skin cache box is unticked and the Reload on confirm is ticked, then click Apply.

CONGRATS!! You are now the proud owner of a black cursor set!!

Enjoy!

Drake.

Archived