Tutorial for creating df 10 facepacks?

Coleman

I want to make my own facepacks in the df 10 (action horizontal) style, but I'm not very good with my Photoshop Elements 9. I've seen one tutorial on YouTube, but it's in Swedish so I don't understand the instructions. I've also seen other tutorials, including one on this site, that go over the basics, but mostly for cut out styles. What I need is a primer on how to work with layers and a template. Whenever I try I get it wrong. Can someone write a step-by-step guide that explains all, preferably for Adobe Photoshop Elements 9?

I don't use this style so I can't give you a tutorial however I'll try to translate that Swedish vid into English as best I can.

Basically just watch the tutorial and everytime he gets the notepad out just pause the vid and flick back to here.

1. First open the template with photoshop. Then of course we need to find a picture to play with.

2. I usually save the player pic to a special folder I created on my desktop, this way it is easier to just drag the image into photoshop.

3. Make a selection with the marquee tool for the part of the image you want to see in the template, go to edit>copy and then edit>paste the selection into the template.

4. Now you want to right click on the layer of the new image and select create clipping mask.

5. That was easy, now of course you want the picture to fit inside the template correctly. Select edit>free transform and then hold down the shift key and play around with the corner points until the picture is to your liking.

6. Now the picture is finished and you just need to save.

7. Then he basically just reminds you to save as png otherwise the pic won't show.

8. Check the picture to make sure it looks good.

9. After that he says that now you should have the hang of it and should be able to work a bit quicker. Then just repeats the process in real time.

Archived