FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slowly..:) But still going. It looks like Christmas eve is too early for a release as it takes me a bit longer setting up all the leagues as I am doing all research myself as well.

Got 71 leagues left to research and to put in the system. Right now I am doing about 4-8 leagues a day.

Before creating a league I first have to find all information about the teams like Cities, Stadiums and kits. Then I have to put the cities etc in the database this is including hunting down the coordinates etc.

Then after creating the cities and stadiums I have to create the teams. Which then have to be put in the correct divisions. Last but not least I have to set the boundaries per league to make sure teams are not floating all over the place.

The research part takes away a big part of my time.

Bl**dy hell! Fantastic work you're putting in GE - absolutely staggering. I hope you gain some well deserved praise for this. If ever you have the misfortune to be in Birmingham one day, the booze 'n' grub is on me!

I hope you all had a great Christmas! Just wanted to let you all know that I am still working on the update.

Got 14 more leagues to research and that will end the research part of this Database. Then its a matter of creating approx. 400-ish clubs, stadiums and some cities. More updates will follow after tomorrow. I expect to be done with all the leagues by thursday. Then I have to add all league related cups. Once that is completed I will add as many county cups as possible on friday. Friday night I will prepare a release version which will be tested on a long term holiday run. Depending on when that is finished the release will be shortly after that.

That's really for Saturday ?

Wooo, hold on there mate. Your speculating. GE said hes looking to finish up around Friday night time so it could be sooner than Saturday but if your looking for testers GE, I would love to give this a try.

Be interesting to see who played for who. I started off as a trainee for Sutton United. After I failed to break into the first time I played mostly Sunday league football but 4 years ago I played for level 11/12 side Croygas Phoenix and was offered to play for Colliers Wood in the combined counties (higher standard of football) until I injured my knee and then I was working every other Saturday so had to pull out of Saturdays again. It was a shame because I was winning everything with my Sunday team, didn't lose a game all season one year and won the treble (League Winners, County Cup, League Cup)

Bloody injuries are always decent players downfalls. Reminds me of the great Dean Ashton :/

hmmm a lot of people willing to test, very few offered to help with the research......

It should be pointed out that most leagues had already been completed by the time help with research was asked for!

I did offer help with Cheshire, West Cheshire and Manchester leagues but they had already been done!

Wooo, hold on there mate. Your speculating. GE said hes looking to finish up around Friday night time so it could be sooner than Saturday but if your looking for testers GE, I would love to give this a try.

Speculator is my second name lol i'll work for the sun ;)

Be interesting to see who played for who. I started off as a trainee for Sutton United. After I failed to break into the first time I played mostly Sunday league football but 4 years ago I played for level 11/12 side Croygas Phoenix and was offered to play for Colliers Wood in the combined counties (higher standard of football) until I injured my knee and then I was working every other Saturday so had to pull out of Saturdays again. It was a shame because I was winning everything with my Sunday team, didn't lose a game all season one year and won the treble (League Winners, County Cup, League Cup)

Bloody injuries are always decent players downfalls. Reminds me of the great Dean Ashton :/

it's true. I played with RAEC Mons in belgium as a trainee and after a injury i played for some clubs levels 5/6/8 and now i play in a non league football team with Irish player.

F*** knee lol

I still think its a bit cheeky offering to be a tester when most didnt over to research in the 7 weeks this threads been about. Its mainly down to people wanting to play the file as early as possible

Actually, it's mainly down to wanting to make sure there are no errors or problems with it.

Speculator is my second name lol i'll work for the sun ;)

As long as it's not News of the World then your fine there mate lol.

it's true. I played with RAEC Mons in belgium as a trainee and after a injury i played for some clubs levels 5/6/8 and now i play in a non league football team with Irish player.

F*** knee lol

Mons hey? What is the football like in Belgium? I mean how would you compare it to other leagues in the world. I would of loved to of played in a foreign league. Yea I think my family has a genetic problem with our knees as myself, my dad and all my uncles have the same problem. :/

Actually, it's mainly down to wanting to make sure there are no errors or problems with it.

Spot on mate!

I still think its a bit cheeky offering to be a tester when most didnt over to research in the 7 weeks this threads been about. Its mainly down to people wanting to play the file as early as possible

I agree completely. I helped Uncle Ron test his database on the last two versions (not this one as I don't have it). I spent very little time actually playing the test game, it was almost exclusively playing many seasons in holiday mode and looking for errors.

Also how fast will the performance of this run? will it be very slow?

I doubt it'd be very slow, you're only loading 14 leagues at the end of the day, you won't have to process every single result from every single division. See what it's like when you load the top leagues from 14 countries.

The belgian footbal is physical and a little technical as Scottish football

Sounds like my kinda style.

I hope you add Leo Branton to AFC Liverpool (he's my brother) :D

Also how fast will the performance of this run? will it be very slow?

I wouldn't hope for any players to be added. Think about it, there are over 5000 teams that need to be added with at least 15+ players to be added to every team. It would take forever especially for one person.

I wouldn't hope for any players to be added. Think about it, there are over 5000 teams that need to be added with at least 15+ players to be added to every team. It would take forever especially for one person.

There won't be, as all teams will have auto-generated squads, which will make it more fun as you don't know which players you're going to have when you first load. And then changes every time you start a new game with the database.

Thing is, GE is doing a hell of a lot of the legwork in creating the league structures and teams, and as a one-man project, it's phenomenal. But, with his permission, there's really nothing to stop other people taking the released data and building on it by adding real players. I've never been one to toy with the editor much, but may just have to see what information I can find about teams in my local area once it's released and see if I can get a few real names in the mix. Provided there was a degree of consistency from one team to the next in terms of player quality (working from the assumption that most attributes are likely to be <5 for most players), a community could leap on what he's putting together and really run with it.

Of course, I could be on my own on this one.

A quick update guys..Am getting close to end the first and most difficult phase of this project. All research is done thank God! Now its a matter of entering the data in the database.

I've got the following to add to complete the first Phase:

287 cities

387 Stadiums

387 clubs.

51 leagues. (This will be easy to set up once the clubs are created)

After that its a matter of putting the league cups in, finish the U18 competitions and testing.

So far everything looks great. Rev 1.80 is still on its test run and is now in 2025 without crashes. This is without the last 51 leagues of course. You wont be hearing much from me in the next few days as I am really working my butt off trying to get everything done asap. Its hard to keep going at a fast pace as this work is really boring (the data entry part).

Saturday morning I will be able to know more about a final release date which I still hope is this weekend!

Thing is, GE is doing a hell of a lot of the legwork in creating the league structures and teams, and as a one-man project, it's phenomenal. But, with his permission, there's really nothing to stop other people taking the released data and building on it by adding real players. I've never been one to toy with the editor much, but may just have to see what information I can find about teams in my local area once it's released and see if I can get a few real names in the mix. Provided there was a degree of consistency from one team to the next in terms of player quality (working from the assumption that most attributes are likely to be <5 for most players), a community could leap on what he's putting together and really run with it.

Of course, I could be on my own on this one.

Once This Database is completed people can do with it as they please. As long as I get some credit for the ground works. Anyone who can add on to this database to make the overall game experience better can do so. That will only benefit everybody in the community.

Archived