FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Andy

At starting a new game i get the following error:

Could not process rule group settings in ... editor data\Level 14 v16.dbc

Could not find competition 100000276 in the database.

Same here. :S

hi guys sorry was out last night.

that id is for combined counties div 1 which is in the db other than you 2 no one else seems to have this problem.

have you got any other editted db's running as well as this can cause loading problems as not all db's will work together.

i have not tested it myself with other db's so this is the only problem i can think of.

Updated release with training and youth facilities regraded to hopefully lower player CA/PA at the lower levels, as forgot to change this in last release.

did a database search in editor for CA and then PA and only 6-10 with PA between 80 and 100 at lower levels due to being higher level players dropping down to non league football as their in late 30's early 40's.

Updated release with training and youth facilities regraded to hopefully lower player CA/PA at the lower levels, as forgot to change this in last release.

did a database search in editor for CA and then PA and only 6-10 with PA between 80 and 100 at lower levels due to being higher level players dropping down to non league football as their in late 30's early 40's.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21319851/Level_14_v17_dbc

Thanks, Andy!

hi guys sorry was out last night.

that id is for combined counties div 1 which is in the db other than you 2 no one else seems to have this problem.

have you got any other editted db's running as well as this can cause loading problems as not all db's will work together.

i have not tested it myself with other db's so this is the only problem i can think of.

No other db's. Game is reinstalled. Problem still on.

Credit to everyone who has put time and effort into this! Only thing I've noticed that seems to be incorrect is the use of promotion play offs in the lower leagues. I don't believe there are any in the Combined Counties, and the East Berkshire League certainly doesn't have them!

yes there is more than 1 team promoted in the combined counties will check east berks rules if i can find info on line

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21319851/Level_14_v17_dbc

I see there is no youth league for many lower level teams, because the youth league is customed, those team will never participate youth league.

Personally I prefer to leave the SI's youth league intact, so every team who manage to promoted to top 6 level will play.

Also the FA Trophy dont have early rounds included

yes there is more than 1 team promoted in the combined counties will check east berks rules if i can find info on line

I don't think there's any play-off promotions below Level 9, go for 2 up 2 down in divisions in a league. Or 1 up 1 down if there are less than 10 teams in a league.

i have finished my level 11 file how do i upload it?

here is a list of some of the things i have changed or altered.

recreated fa trophy

recreated fa vase

recreated fa cup

set attendance for levels 9-14

removed u18 teams

set regional divisions for all teams from level 1-14

set prize money for top 3 teams from level 7-14

reduced league and club reputations

I see there is no youth league for many lower level teams, because the youth league is customed, those team will never participate youth league.

Personally I prefer to leave the SI's youth league intact, so every team who manage to promoted to top 6 level will play.

Also the FA Trophy dont have early rounds included

have not rebuilt FA Trophy as this is hardcoded to included all relevant leagues, so not going to mess around with as dont want to cause any db problems as when you start to change things that when problems arise

Youth setup has around 600 teams in it which when worked out takes you down to level 10 of main leagues

have not rebuilt FA Trophy as this is hardcoded to included all relevant leagues, so not going to mess around with as dont want to cause any db problems as when you start to change things that when problems arise

Youth setup has around 600 teams in it which when worked out takes you down to level 10 of main leagues

You can delete it and add it again, it still works.

right i will look at the fa trophy and add in the rest of custom youth structure back in for those that still arent happy and release it.

this will be my last release as i have spent 17 days now trying to fix GE database to a playable file for everyone's use and enjoyment and GE's not been seen since its release to advise or help fix it.

after this release if anyone still has a problem they will have to try and fix it themselves as i am getting fed up now as have not played game for own pleasure for nearly 3 weeks and every time i release an update people complain about this not being right if thats the case why dont they edit the bits their not happy with themselves, because now all i'm doing is putting things back in they i removed beacuse i beleive they were causing the problems people had when GE released db

As promised, I've reworked Golden Eagles' database into a more playable version with three regions: North, Isthmian and South.

Here is beta 2, only basic testing has been performed as these files are intended for testing. I would really appreciate it if some people could run tests and provide feedback an possible errors.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?oqp0cbhp42czy2a

Changelist for beta 2:

- split England into three regions: North, South en Isthmian, starting at Level 10

- reorganised promotion and relegation as per Pyramid-excel

- demoted Isle Of Wight-leagues to Levels 15 and 16

- added reserves and 'A'-teams to fill the leagues in the lower levels of the pyramid

- more consistency in league names

- fixed the training and youth parameters for all teams (no more overrated regens)

- limited Youth Competition to two levels: Academy and Puma Alliance

- fixed attendances and reputation for all active U18-teams (and a lot of others)

- added cups for Trowbridge league

- moved Spartan South Midlands-leagues from South to Isthmian for rebalancing

- fixed FA Trophy so all preliminary rounds are included

- added FA Youth Cup and Puma Alliance Trophy

Some questions I still have:

- should the top divisions of all leagues stop the reserve squads from promoting?

- are there leagues that I can move from South to North or Isthmian? The South tree is still much larger (and thus slower) than North and Isthmian. An alternative would be to split South further into Central and West branches.

- are there any leagues below the Conference that employ play-offs for promotion and relegation?

I like your set up dustShadowX and it runs really fast. However there is a bug starting the second season.I have played the north version and MAN U. IS IN THE FA VASE. Can this be fixed? It's really a shame with this bug.

Thanks.

Send me a PM and I'll send you the structure if you need any help.

FCUtdWill:

It seems to me that you have a huge knowledge about the lower leagues and very good skills and understanding how the editor works. I know you have done the L. 1-24 for the 2011. And I have also noticed you once have said you might do something for the 2012. Could there be some amazing file awaiting us from you?

right i will look at the fa trophy and add in the rest of custom youth structure back in for those that still arent happy and release it.

this will be my last release as i have spent 17 days now trying to fix GE database to a playable file for everyone's use and enjoyment and GE's not been seen since its release to advise or help fix it.

after this release if anyone still has a problem they will have to try and fix it themselves as i am getting fed up now as have not played game for own pleasure for nearly 3 weeks and every time i release an update people complain about this not being right if thats the case why dont they edit the bits their not happy with themselves, because now all i'm doing is putting things back in they i removed beacuse i beleive they were causing the problems people had when GE released db

I totally get where you're coming from. There comes a time when you have to stop editing and start playing as you end up going around in circles. I've spent more time editing my own DB's or waiting for others to release theirs than I have playing the game. Time to put the editor away and start playing. :lol:

Before I do though, can someone check their fixtures on this L14 DB because for some reason the majority of league games throughout the leagues (i.e Prem down to level 14) are set for midweek.

Example...

scaled.php?server=38&filename=fixhl.jpg&res=medium

Its also like this on Gason's DB for me so I'm wondering if its just on my game or are others having issues with 95% of league games being scheduled for midweek too?

Anyway, thanks for giving it a shot Andy. Like I said, there's only so much you can do, and you can't please everyone (probably why GE dissapeared when he did!).

FCUtdWill:

It seems to me that you have a huge knowledge about the lower leagues and very good skills and understanding how the editor works. I know you have done the L. 1-24 for the 2011. And I have also noticed you once have said you might do something for the 2012. Could there be some amazing file awaiting us from you?

I prefer non-league football to league football (although there are teams I do like in league football). I wouldn't say I've got a huge knowledge, but I know a bit, thank you. I've learnt a lot about the editor over the last few months and know it well. I did it for FM10 but that was a pathetic version, was only the route from the bottom to the top. I looked at it in the editor the other week and nearly cried at how bad it was. You'll have to wait and see on that one ;)

Before I do though, can someone check their fixtures on this L14 DB because for some reason the majority of league games throughout the leagues (i.e Prem down to level 14) are set for midweek.

Its also like this on Gason's DB for me so I'm wondering if its just on my game or are others having issues with 95% of league games being scheduled for midweek too?

If you go into Level 8 (maybe Level 7 too) downwards, change the "Check for Clashes" to None from "Domestic Comps only". That's why you're getting many midweek games. I don't know what to do about the leagues above that though.

If you go into Level 8 (maybe Level 7 too) downwards, change the "Check for Clashes" to None from "Domestic Comps only". That's why you're getting many midweek games. I don't know what to do about the leagues above that though.

Thanks, I've now done that and this has fixed it from level 7 to level 14, unfortunately the Premiership to BSN/S fixtures are still 95% midweek games, and since those panels are greyed out in the editor I can't fix them. :confused:

Bollox this is annoying as we're pretty close to getting it playable. Always one problem pops up though :lol:

Thanks, I've now done that and this has fixed it from level 7 to level 14, unfortunately the Premiership to BSN/S fixtures are still 95% midweek games, and since those panels are greyed out in the editor I can't fix them. :confused:

Bollox this is annoying as we're pretty close to getting it playable. Always one problem pops up though :lol:

No problem.

Try what Lionel Messi said above on clubs higher than Level 7, although they should all have Saturday set. You've got a PM too.

I prefer non-league football to league football (although there are teams I do like in league football). I wouldn't say I've got a huge knowledge, but I know a bit, thank you. I've learnt a lot about the editor over the last few months and know it well. I did it for FM10 but that was a pathetic version, was only the route from the bottom to the top. I looked at it in the editor the other week and nearly cried at how bad it was. You'll have to wait and see on that one ;)

I will wait and see then ;-).

By the way: do you know any fix for these premier league teams entering lower cups like FA VASE and so on? I had this problem with dustShadowX nothern version, where Man U showed up and my game was destroyed.

I will wait and see then ;-).

By the way: do you know any fix for these premier league teams entering lower cups like FA VASE and so on? I had this problem with dustShadowX nothern version, where Man U showed up and my game was destroyed.

Send me a link through PM with the .dbc and your save game and I'll have a look. I think I know how to.

just an update since reworking the fa trophy and adding in rest of youth setup for people who were unhappy

now have major problem with the fixtures for the hardcoded leagues playing from season 2 onwards on complete wrong days and sometimes there are big gaps between games at start of season then have fixtures every few days at end of season

had none of this before trying to fix things were unhappy with unless it an easy fix there wont be a new release so you'll have to do we how last release is setup as

and its not because teams are playing in youth comps etc like it was before so i dont what's causing it as its only the hardcoded bit thats gone haywire

am going too run 1 more test and see if fixtures are okay in season 2 as everything else seems okay if okay at that point will test for a couple more seasons just to make sure.

if its all wrong there will be no updated release

if thats the case the last release that was stable will be the final release

all was okay till people wanted things corrected slightly

I've just checked GE's original database he linked in post #1 and the fixtures for the Premiership down to the Blue Square North & South are 95% set for midweek too. So I don't think its a problem thats been caused by recent edits, it seems to have been there all along (unless its just on my game? would like someone to confirm this on theirs so I can be sure).

Since both GE's and Gasons's extended English league databases both have the exact same problem, I think there is a bug in the editor that messes up the football league fixtures once you start adding leagues to the English structure. The DB's are still playable but the realism has gone out of the window unfortunately - especially when you reach the BSN/S leagues and above when 95% of your fixtures end up being in midweek.

I wonder if GE realised this and abandonned the whole project as a result.

Since both GE's and Gasons's extended English league databases both have the exact same problem, I think there is a bug in the editor that messes up the football league fixtures once you start adding leagues to the English structure. The DB's are still playable but the realism has gone out of the window unfortunately - especially when you reach the BSN/S leagues and above when 95% of your fixtures end up being in midweek.

We've had a chat about this through PM's and as you know, I've added a lot of custom leagues. Now I'm getting the same error, from Level 7 downwards. Still have a few played on a Saturday but some are on a mid-week. I've added a list below of my "free" Saturdays and if they clash with any cup fixtures:

20-08-11 - FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

17-09-11 - FA Cup First Qualifying Round

08-10-11 - FA Trophy Preliminary Round

15-10-11 - FA Cup Third Qualifying Round

22-10-11 - FA Trophy First Qualifying Round

12-11-11 - FA Cup First Round

19-11-11 - Nothing specific noted

10-12-11 - FA Trophy First Round

24-12-11 - Christmas Eve

07-01-12 - FA Cup Third Round

11-02-12 - Nothing specific noted

18-02-12 - FA Cup Fifth Round

07-04-12 - Nothing specific noted

05-05-12 - FA Cup Final

I don't have the FA Vase enabled yet so don't know what that does to Levels 9-11. Although I've got league cups for Levels 9-10 and all league games for those are on a Saturday, few mid-week games but that's only because there isn't enough Saturdays between my start and end date for them.

We've had a chat about this through PM's and as you know, I've added a lot of custom leagues. Now I'm getting the same error, from Level 7 downwards. Still have a few played on a Saturday but some are on a mid-week. I've added a list below of my "free" Saturdays and if they clash with any cup fixtures:

20-08-11 - FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

17-09-11 - FA Cup First Qualifying Round

08-10-11 - FA Trophy Preliminary Round

15-10-11 - FA Cup Third Qualifying Round

22-10-11 - FA Trophy First Qualifying Round

12-11-11 - FA Cup First Round

19-11-11 - Nothing specific noted

10-12-11 - FA Trophy First Round

24-12-11 - Christmas Eve

07-01-12 - FA Cup Third Round

11-02-12 - Nothing specific noted

18-02-12 - FA Cup Fifth Round

07-04-12 - Nothing specific noted

05-05-12 - FA Cup Final

I don't have the FA Vase enabled yet so don't know what that does to Levels 9-11. Although I've got league cups for Levels 9-10 and all league games for those are on a Saturday, few mid-week games but that's only because there isn't enough Saturdays between my start and end date for them.

I noticed that its not too bad in the Premiership but gets progessively worse as you go down the leagues until the BSN/S when nearly all games are midweek matches.

Do you think its all the county cups that are causing it?

Archived