FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what should these values be set to?

Premiership U18 reputations - these could be set to individual values (i.e. Man Utd's U18 rep should be better than Wigan's etc)

Premiership U18 attendances - (as above).

Championship U18 reputations - (as above).

Championship U18 attendances - (as above).

Level 3 - 14 U18 reputations ?

Level 3 - 14 U18 attendances ?

Should these just be a generic value to save time?

Thoughts?

Edit: Dan, beat me to it. Are those ok? What about the Prem & Champ?

Premiership U18 reputations - these could be set to individual values (i.e. Man Utd's U18 rep should be better than Wigan's etc)

Thoughts?

I have no idea about the reputations but I agree with the Premier League ones with more varied amounts

Thoughts?

Why does GE changed the U18 on the highest levels?

http://debenhamlc.co.uk/u18s_att.html

this features attendances for a local under 18's league, all of these teams should be in the database so if you can use this to figure out which level these under 18 teams would be in then it will make it easier to judge attendances acrss the board.

Thanks. So thats a Level 13 U18 league, with an average attendance of about 35. Thats something to go off and we can scale it from there.

I'm going to have to quickly ammend the current attendances for most of the clubs in the DB down at L10-L14 since some of them are a bit low compared the Ridgeons Youth League attendances !!

Database will be uploaded as soon as I'm done :)

I've been playing this since about 14:00 today and am only on the 1st October. I have a brand new laptop so is it the size of the database causing it to run slowly? I think I might give up!

Saying all of that, it's an amazing piece of work. Well done GE.

Here's the updated DB...

-Link removed to fix FA Cup seeding error-

Fixes:

• FA Cup seeding (now random).
  • FA Cup Semi-Final venue (now Wembley).
  • Regional Premier and Regional First Division Promotion Play-Offs (added).
  • Club Training, Youth Recruitment, Youth Facilities, and Youth Coaching for lower level clubs lowered to more realistic levels.
  • Lower level attendances lowered to more realistic levels.

To do:

All U18 teams repuations need ammending to more realistic levels.

all U18 teams attendances need lowering to more realistic levels.

Recommendations for U18 reputations:

Levels 9 - 14: min 5, max 75, ave 20

Level 7 - 8: min 20, max 100 ave 40

Level 6: min 40, max 150, ave 75

Level 5, min 80, max 250, ave 150

Premiership - Level 4 U18 reputations - these could be set to individual values depending on the club (i.e. Man Utd's U18 rep should be better than Wigan's etc).

Recommendations for U18 attendances:

Level 14 - 11: 5-35

Level 10 - 8: 15-45

Level 7 - 6: 25-55

Conference - Premiership: ?? Suggestions?

Also to do:

Prize money for FA Cup...

F.A. Cup Round - Live Match - Live Replay Match - Match Highlights

* First Round Proper – £67,500 – £33,750 – £6,750

* Second Round Proper – £72,000 – £36,000 – £6,750

* Third Round Proper – £144,000 – £72,000 – £6,750

* Fourth Round Proper – £144,000 – £72,000 – £6,750

* Fifth Round Proper – £247,500 – £123,750 – £6,750

* Sixth Round Proper – £247,500 – £123,750 – £6,750

If anyone wants to download the DB and help with editing the U18 reps & attendances, please post on here which ones you are doing.

Update: I'd hold off doing any editing just yet as I've just checked some U18 attendances on a test DB and they are normal (around 19-20 people and not the 10K that appears in the DB). If I get time tomorrow I will test to see what effect the U18 rep has on youth player quality. Hopefully none!

The '10000' attendance issue for reserve/youth teams was also in my Belgian database. But if I remember correctly, the reserve games never had those attendance but more realistic ones probably based on team/competition rep.

Thanks, I've just noticed this myself on a test save I've been holidaying. It looks like editing the u18 attendances isn't necessary.

Hopefully the same will apply to the U18 reps too.

How are people getting on with their games on Level 14 then ?

My test save took 4 hours to holiday from July 5th - August 31st :(

I'm thinking of making a copy of the DB and removing all the regional cups from it, and possibly the youth leagues for all the lower levels as I don't think I can play it at that pace.

About your crashing issue, can you load the DB into your editor, and does it give you any validation errors?

Nah it doesn't, does it make any difference if Im useing 12.0.4 database ?

I don't know. I'm using 12.1.1

But it didn't work for me the first time I tried to load it. The only thing I think I did different was load Game Booster 3.0 prior to loading FM12, then the DB worked. Game Booster frees up more of your PC resources. Could be worth a try?

Its free http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Im already useing Game Booster its my best friend for playing FM 2012, do you think I should defrag my football manager 2012 folder ?

Yeah, I'd try everything like that.

It could be because its such a large DB and memory intensive. Some PC's just don't like it. If I can get a "lite" version of the DB working (minus the regional cups and youth leagues) you could try it. I'll work on it over the weekend, but I'm not very good at using the editor though (other than the straight forward stuff) so if I run into too many issues I'll probably ditch it :lol:

Its not so much I cant get it to load its just I get the same following error,

Warning could not process rule group settings in c:/Users/richard/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/editor data/english pyramid 2.00 dbc

Minimum number of teams for <comps#1-long>(16) conflicts with minimum number of teams from this competition required <18>

Its not so much I cant get it to load its just I get the same following error,

Warning could not process rule group settings in c:/Users/richard/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/editor data/english pyramid 2.00 dbc

Minimum number of teams for <comps#1-long>(16) conflicts with minimum number of teams from this competition required <18>

Is the DB the only one ticked on your selection screen? These types of conflicts occur when you have other DBs ticked.

are you planning to add the reserve teams into the leagues? some leagues only have about 5 teams in them so that means only 8 league games a season

I'm going to look into that after the Youth problem has gone.

Can anyone recreate the F.A Trophy? I've tried and failed!

Yeah I thought that so I unticked all the other files in my editor data other then the level 14 file but still get the same error.

What about trying Gogotte's saved game he linked in post #970 ? See if that works? By-pass the whole database setup thing completely and go straight into the game?

"Warning could not process rule group settings in TOM-P/C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/editor data/english pyramid 2.04 dbc

English FA Cup- Too many teams (22) requested from Chromasport and trophies united counties football league premier division (21 teams)"

:( Ive tried this with several of the different db variants (2.00/2.02/2.04) and always the same error! >:(

from what i know the conference north/south teams enter at the 3rd qualifying round and the conference national teams join in the 1st round proper

Not quite, Conference National Teams start in the 4th Qualifying Round. It's when you start going below the Blue Square North/South that things start to get difficult, given just how many teams enter!

Archived