FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

Excuse me...I don't understand...i use the file lvl 14 v21.1: which problem do it has?

I hope it don't crashes at the first season update...could anyone explaine if i could continue my career or i should restart with the lvl 14 v.22.2 to go secure for my career?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excuse me...I don't understand...i use the file lvl 14 v21.1: which problem do it has?

I hope it don't crashes at the first season update...could anyone explaine if i could continue my career or i should restart with the lvl 14 v.22.2 to go secure for my career?

According to Andy's post #1685, lvl 14 v.22.2 is the most stable version. So that would probably be the best one to start your game on.

FAO Erimus1876,

I've been playing on your original level 11 rebuild of GE's database for a couple of seasons now, starting with Patchway town in the Gloucester County League (level 11) unfortunately I think there is a big problem with the promotions as I got promoted to the South West Peninsula Premier, then promoted to the Northern League Division One for winning the previous league, where as the second placed team is now playing in the correct level 9 league.

Does anyone else know if there are any other Lower League databases that work a bit better?

FAO Erimus1876,

I've been playing on your original level 11 rebuild of GE's database for a couple of seasons now, starting with Patchway town in the Gloucester County League (level 11) unfortunately I think there is a big problem with the promotions as I got promoted to the South West Peninsula Premier, then promoted to the Northern League Division One for winning the previous league, where as the second placed team is now playing in the correct level 9 league.

Does anyone else know if there are any other Lower League databases that work a bit better?

Post #26 in this linked thread may explain why that happened.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301780-English-Level-10-Pyramid-rebuild-of-the-Golden-Eagles-database

I think its to do with the regional boundaries in FM being bugged, so there isn't much that can be done until SI fix it in FM13 (hopefully).

Thanks for the response. I didn't save it after I got promoted, so maybe it'll pick a different league if I go back in? I might pick up this save again after all it'll be no time before I'm in the BSP and it won't matter then.

Hi guys,

Just wondered if you could help. I have added the database file in and then when I start a new game with the database I get this error coming up

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/NEO-BAHAMUT-/Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry if the first image is bad here is the real one..

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/NEO-BAHAMUT-/Untitled.jpg

Hi guys,

Just wondered if you could help. I have added the database file in and then when I start a new game with the database I get this error coming up

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/NEO-BAHAMUT-/Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry if the first image is bad here is the real one..

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/NEO-BAHAMUT-/Untitled.jpg

Its a common error with the GE database that no one can figure out why it happens. Some people get it, some don't unfortunately. There is a saved game to play instead if you have no luck setting one up yourself with the DB.

[This is an information recap post, there are no links to new db releases here]

GOLDEN EAGLES DATABASE REBUILDS:

Andy's level 14:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21599591/Lvl_14_v22_2_dbc

DB info in post #1685.

Erimus' level 10 (with saved game):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301780-English-Level-10-Pyramid-rebuild-of-the-Golden-Eagles-database

IMPORTANT NOTES:

If you get the "not enough teams in league x" error when setting up your game, make sure you don't have any other databases ticked on your game set up screen.

If the error still occurs, there is little anyone can do (it seems to be a common problem with the Golden Eagles database that some people get and others don't).

If you can't get it to work its recommended to use the saved game file instead, as this works with no problems.

---------------------------------

Some issues that you may encounter while playing GE's database that cannot be fixed since they are flaws within FM itself, and not necessarily faults of the various custom DB's :-

• In the lower levels, some teams may migrate from one league to another from time to time. I suspect this is a game bug within the regional boundaries, not a DB flaw, as it happens on a lot of custom databases, not just these ones.

• If you plan on taking a lower league club up the leagues and find you still have a non-league ground and ground capacity despite being in much higher leagues, again this is a game issue, not a DB issue. There is currently no feature in FM to stop clubs gaining promotion to leagues that have specific minimum ground standards (like in real life). If your board don't do it automatically, using FMRTE to manually upgrade your ground capacity as you progress up the leagues is an acceptible way around this game flaw imho.
  • The lower league club infrastructure for most sub level 8 clubs has been set to the lowest possible level, yet despite this sometimes the game will create newgens of Conference and League 2 standard down in levels 8 - 14. Again, there is little that can be done to stop this as its probably a hardcoded game issue.

Finally.....

DO NOT USE THE ADD/REMOVE LEAGUES FEATURE!

IT IS BROKEN AND MAY RUIN YOUR SAVE BY ADDING 1000'S OF LOW PA NEWGENS TO YOUR DB THAT CAN EVENTUALLY LEAD TO EXTREMELY SLOW PROCESSING AND FREQUENT CRASHES.

Adding leagues is the main issue. Removing leagues you initially started with should cause no problems.

Information on this can be found in this thread...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304195-The-Add-Remove-leagues-problem...

Hi guys! Thx guys for the updates! I'm using Andy's, and I have a crush on the 24th on June after the season. I have only this update on my FM. Do you have any idea? THX

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing the latest DB Lvl 14 v22.2 (with lower league cups removed).

I got to the end of the second season and on 24/25th June change over the game crashes everytime.

Ive tried to holiday past it but no joy.

If I retire or resign, the game processes past the date without crashing but that sort of goes against taking a team from the bottom to the top.

Any ideas?

I have two questions:

1) anyone has the same problem of the last post?

2) could anyone explain to me the rule of the transfert and rule of contract with the players in amateur league ( 10th level) be' cause i've lost My best players at 0 euro every time a professionist team make a contract offer. There are rule of transfert? ( age...nation...reputation) or i can't do nothing?

I'm the manager of Gillingham Town and with player with no contract and good reputation i win 20 games on 20 played..

I have two questions:

2) could anyone explain to me the rule of the transfert and rule of contract with the players in amateur league ( 10th level) be' cause i've lost My best players at 0 euro every time a professionist team make a contract offer. There are rule of transfert? ( age...nation...reputation) or i can't do nothing?

everytime your player is being offered a contract by another club, you offer a new contract to him. Usually (in my case) the player accept my offer eventhough the other club's reputation is much higher than mine.

i'm currently using the database on the 1st page and merged it with DB lvl 14 v22.2, from time to time, there will be a random runtime errors which force FM to close down. When FM is restarted, the problem disappear, is this due to the huge amount of simulation ?

i have some players in my level 14 u18s team but not a full squad and have checked and other teams and they also have some players, depends on number of player added to game when you setup the more players the fuller the squads are is what i found but this then effects processing time as all these extra players to keep updating

as for the reserves left as per game as we have been trying for nearly 2 months to get the GE Database working have left most things as he setup but removed lower level cups to solve problem that was occuring and also if changed adds more time to the processing

did not want to change anything else because as soon as you change 1 thing some else goes wrong with this editor and also golden eagles had not given lower level teams reserve squads in his db so this would take quite alot of extra work to add in all the reserve squads also this would create a strain on your finances and below conference level alot clubs have there resrves already in a lower league or dont have a reserve team due to financial restraints or unable to recruit enough players to field a 1st team some weekends let alone a reserve sqaud too

also i believe after nearly 2 months of correcting errors, adjusting Fa cup trophy & vase to the same format as in reallife, fixing the level 1-6 fixture problem, this is the best were going to get the db to work and also as some people were worried about processing time, rebuilding the reserve setup and getting everything to work properly if i did make those changes it would increase pressure on processing time, which is what people dont want

i'm quite happy with the db now and its processing speed and just want to get on with a long term save now

but do feel free to change reserve setup yourselve and if you do decide to share with other users please ensure you credit Golden Eagle, me, erimus1876 and the other few who have been trying to get this to work

even if you were to mix the 2 db you would still only have 112 reserve teams in the reserve leagues as erimus has removed the current set up and added back in his version that still has same amount of teams as original comp, so you still wouldn't have a reserve team entered till they were in blue square premier anyway which is still 3 levels higher than where erimus1876 db starts at, so with my db they is no point changing anything as soon as you get high enough you will be invite to join relevant reserve league

so as far as i am concerned there is no point me wasting more time changing something that currently works as in my game there are 10 leagues with roughly 100 teams in and includes some random lower league sides who's reserves dont play in the normal leagues, and with erimus1876 db i cant see how your lower league team would get access to these leagues as it looks like he has set the teams for each league and they just promoted and relegate so the teams are the same each season but just move ariound the leagues depended on where they finish each season

I'm loving your level 14 DB file and for years it's always been my dream to take a part time club from the depths of non-league up to the Football League so thanks for taking the time to correct, improve and turn GE data file into something quite amazing, probably the best thing to happen to FM, just soooo many teams to choose from!

I do hope that one day you will create a better English reserve league structure though. It doesn't have to be too complex with 100's of teams, something similar to the one implemented by erimus1876 would be fine and just include teams down to Blue Square level. This would be the icing on the cake for me, making this DB perfect. I was under the impression that nothing had been changed with the original English reserve leagues so I can't understand how Soccer am, Sunderland Nissan and some other obscure teams have come to be playing in the the reserve league setup.

Is there any way to revert back to the original English reserve league so they only include Premiership and League teams or as was asked before could your level 14 file be merged with erimus1876 DB file and how easy is this to do? It would have been nice to have the correct teams with promotion/relegation. I've had a look in the editor but I don't have a clue what I'm doing on the scale of making new leagues so if anybody who is cleverer than me has attempted this or created a new reserve league setup in AndyMUFC's level 14 file, please would you like to share?

Also, are there any guides anywhere on how to use the editor?

Thx for the reply, i just offered a new amateur contract but some players signed a new contract and some players goes away...how can change my status?....with promotions or with increase the balance of the club?

• 2 weeks later...

Which is the best file for level 10 up ?? I wanna start in the Northern League my local league. Does this have promotions and relegations in so Durham & Darlo would be in the Northern League ??

• 1 month later...

Ive notice an issues probably an occurring issues with the database. top league i.e premier league teams playing in the extra preliminary rounds of the fa cup, including championship to league 2 teams. non league team from blue square premier to 8th tier should not be in preliminary rounds. unless there have never played in the fa cup or fa trophy or fa vase. teams below 8th tier can play in either the preliminary rounds or extra preliminary rounds. Also another issue team & player stats not up dating properly i.e average attendance, all player stats update except the other teams am not managing in the lower leagues; only noticed in tier 14 not sure if it happens in any other tiers a reply if people found the same issue. 1 more point is when playing the match and look at the live league, only up date the match and nothing else until full time. Its a fantastic database I hope Andy can sort on these issues and make it perfect

Everytime I try load a game up, it says that it's trying to request too many teams from the Isthmian league? Any idea how to fix it?

Check out after reply 1584 on this thread. Somebody there had a solution, haven't had a chance to see if it works.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived