Adding FA Cup Preliminary Rounds + others

ccfcpaul

How do I add fa cup preliminary rounds. I am starting a game from Midlands Aliance (County League) and would like to be able to play In the FA Cup.

I would also like help creating local cups like the Birmingham Senior Cup. But not to include league teams. 2010 I had a database with all the county cups but when I got promoted from the southern prem upto league 1 I was still having to play the local/county cup.

How do I add fa cup preliminary rounds. I am starting a game from Midlands Aliance (County League) and would like to be able to play In the FA Cup.

I would also like help creating local cups like the Birmingham Senior Cup. But not to include league teams. 2010 I had a database with all the county cups but when I got promoted from the southern prem upto league 1 I was still having to play the local/county cup.

Making the FA Cup including preliminary rounds is quite difficult as there's a lot of teams that entered this year. Include all your leagues from Level 9 (same level as Midland Alliance) and then work out a system (number of teams who enter in the extra preliminary in relation to how many teams are in a league) in how to get the Level 10 leagues added. You can then add extra preliminary rounds using the guide from Wikipedia about the 2011-12 FA Cup. If you add all 763 clubs to the FA Cup and add the rounds like it's shown it should work.

To make your local cup, make a normal competition, and then on the select leagues screen for the competition, choose a random league (doesn't matter which) then delete that league on the screen for which teams you want adding. Then add your teams you want to add to the competition that way, it might take a while but it's the only way I can think of. Unfortunately with that, whenever your in the higher leagues, you still have to play them, but if you manage a team in the leagues and having to play them, you can always play your reserve/youth sides.

Thanks for the help...I will give it a try.. One more thing......Is it possible to add more than one national rule....I can only seem to delete and then add another....I would like the whole of uk leagues added if I can
What do you mean? You can only add one set of nation rules. The FA Cup should be already on England if you've loaded them to an existing structure. To get the FA cup preliminary rounds, delete the FA cup and add it again. When you add it again, add all the leagues down to level 10. How far do you want to go down in the English system?

Sorry i wasnt clear. I mean that along with the added leagues from england I would also like to add the lower leagues from wales, scotland etc

Ah right, see what you mean now. Don't worry about it.

If you make separate editor data files for each nation with them you will be able to, and if you don't have any clashes, you can load them all at the start in the same game.

Ahhhhhh I forgot about merging!!.... thats brilliant thanks for the help

Don't merge them within the editor, it might cause crashes. I'm meaning separate editor files for each country, then choose the countries on the select league screen.

I plan to play as Coventry sphinx in the midland aliance (level 9) but i would like lower to be on the system but as innactive just to enable relegation and promotion from level 10

Good luck in getting past Loughborough University in that division, every test I've done they've walked that league. Down to L10's easy enough, I've got a database which has all the promotions/relegations enabled. Got the full FA Cup structure too.

Done it all now thanks for the help.....Loughborough are good.....nuneaton have bought a fair few of their players this season.

I have got a prob when I merge 2 or more edits that have different national rule nations. England has the error message "Require minimum of 238 teams for , found only 0"

When loaded separately they work fine.

Good good, no problem. They are, the only time they haven't walked the league is when I've put the league on view-only and they don't have any players. I've tried reducing their reputation and that seems to have made them better :p (they won 41 league games out of 42 after I did that, their only draw being their 41st league game).

That sounds strange, have you got any competitions that have 238 teams from England?

Yeah it was the messed up tier10 thing that was created on the tier7+8 edit that i downloaded from the site originally...I ended up starting from scratch and its sorted now... I couldn't be assed creating local cups like birmingham senior cup because of having to play the games even if you got promoted into the premiership (I'm a very optimistic person!!)....so ive just created county league cups....same thing really although it has to be tier 9-10 only.

I appreciate all the help

Oh one last thing.....is there any way of grouping all the county cups together (like it does when leagues have sub divisions) on the competition bar at the bottom?

Funny you should mention that, I want that to be included in the editor. Because I'm going to have a lot of cups at the end of this database and want to group them by division rather than one massive list of them all.

Are your fa cup/county cups all okay and working?

yeah I can imagine!!...its seems to be...im off to bed now and im going to make a game and go on holiday until I wake up (just test it all out)....I know this isn't the graphics area but do you know any logo packs etc that includes non-league?...i'm guessing it wouldn't go down to level 10 but as far as pos would be great

yeah I can imagine!!...its seems to be...im off to bed now and im going to make a game and go on holiday until I wake up (just test it all out)....I know this isn't the graphics area but do you know any logo packs etc that includes non-league?...i'm guessing it wouldn't go down to level 10 but as far as pos would be great

Report back with what you've found please :)

I don't I'm afraid, sorry, most of the graphics are for the league teams, and I've never seen one for non-league teams (apart from Conference Nat, N/S). It would be great but there doesn't seem to be any :(

Glad I did that...Used a game I had started..saved as new game and resigned from cov sphinx ...2 years on holiday (using the players i had bought they got promoted 2 season on the trot :D)....

I found 2 problems...I think i know how to fix both but with the 2nd i dont want to do it if i dont have to...I'll explain

1st Problem is going from level 7 to 6....In the playoffs I have teams playing eachother from other divisions. (Oxford Southern prem V Carsharlton Isthmian prem) ....... I'm guessing this is because I forgot to put playoffs for each sub-division and only put it for the parent division....And because of teams not gettin promoted via playoffs through one division...a couple of teams have been mixed into the wrong league.

2nd problem is level 9...because there are 28 teams going into 6 leagues I had to add a relegation playoff from level 8 so only 3 teams got relegated instead of 6 (not including normal 3 from each league). This has jumbled some teams (non-promoted/relegated)around and placed them in different leagues.

I am guessing the simplist solution to this would be to delete 2 leagues and put the teams in its nearest league. this would make it a simple 24 teams going up to 6 leagues (2 from each league) obviously this would have to include level 10 going down to 12 leagues aswell.

I am going to start doing this now but please tell me if im wrong so I dont waste my time.

By the way...as i've got from today until monday pretty much totally free apart from going to watch nuneaton on saturday, I am going to create a non-league graphics pack. Hopefully I will get it down to level 10.

I have a logo pack that covers down to level 9 and some level 10 clubs.

Downloaded it a while ago off one of the sites so can't remember who done it. It was originally for FM2010 but theSe logos seem to work OK on FM2012.

Can send it to you if you need it?

Nice :) Well done on beating Loughborough Uni :p

Yeah, put play-offs on sub-divisions rather than the parent division. And that'll sort that out.

I've got 14 promotions from L9 to L8 with 14 relegations, to match what would happen in real life. That's two relegations in each sub-division, with a relegation league play-off final with 6 teams (one from each sub-division) and 2 going down. If you do this, it shouldn't jumble the leagues together. Also, you need to put in some local regions on your sub-divisions to stop them moving around.

Any questions, feel free to ask them.

Hopefully when I play my completed version i can beat loughborough myself...(they came 2nd btw)....I also hope my scouts picks up some of the same players too...Thats the one annoying thing about LLM rules but its a much better way to play......

didnt think having 6 teams and having 2 teams to win/lose would work.... the national rules say its fine so thats cool...

One thing is though is that its always 12 teams relegated from L8 and 12 out of 14 champions promoted from L9....would there be a way to have a playoff to get 12 from 14 or would that be too difficult. after all 14 halved is 7. Would I be able to go by points gained from their respective leagues and the 4 lowest point scoring champions have a playoff to get promoted.

I think i just like to make thing difficult for myself!!!

is there any guide for the local regions, so I dont have to prat about looking at furthest town east/west and north/south for each league.

Ooh when I've ran the leagues in full detail, they've always won the league. Only when I had them on view-only they finished mid-table.

If you do follow that, make sure the play-off is a league competition, doesn't work very well with a cup, as it's got an odd number of teams in it (6 is an odd number in this case).

That'd be too difficult, there's two leagues that you can put on that don't have promotions, but then they won't have a chance of getting higher in the pyramid. One of those leagues is the Midland Alliance.

The way I've done it is that there's 14 leagues at L9 and each winner of the leagues gets promoted, with 2 automatic relegations from each sub-division at L8. Then there's a play-off between the teams above the relegation zones. They then play each other in a mini-league at the end of the season, and the bottom 2 get relegated, bringing up to 14 teams relegated. I've done this many a times, and has worked perfectly each time.

Have a look at the cities that you've got for your clubs in each sub-division, and base it on that. Or have a look on wikipedia for the level 9 leagues, they normally tell you where the clubs come from.

Lol, it's the only way I've managed to get promotion/relegation working between the two levels in a fair way. You want clubs to progress higher rather than being stuck in the midland alliance (or the Kent league) with no promotion whatsoever, when all the other divisions at that level have promotions. Also, with Loughborough university winning the league all the time, you haven't got a chance in winning the league unless you buy someone like Messi or Ronaldo. No problem, thank you :)

Archived