badonkadonkey

Playing Without an Internet Connection

4 posts in this topic

Is there a way to play FM12 without an internet connection, I remember you could on previous editions but can't find anything on steam that allows me to install the game to my computer without having to go through Steam. I ask as I've got a 3 hour train journey this evening and have nothing to do, help!

No you have to install through steam, but you can set steam to offline mode so you dont need to be connected to the net to play.

details can be found in here to help you

[url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ[/url]

If the game is downloaded onto your computer I think that you can play without an internet connection. However I'm basing this on the fact that my game has never crashed and my internet is unreliable, not on any facts from Steam's website.

That steam offline mode has days where it will work and days it wont work. So dont rely on it.

only problem i've had so far with the offline mode is that it ignores achievements. this is not a big deal unless (like me) you're got problems with obsessive-compulsive disorder and desperately need to collect the whole set.