Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

7 hours ago, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz said:

You sure? I have a striker with that trait and every header he scores is described as being powerful

I am not 100% sure, but I guess so. Because it wouldn't make sense IMHO if the trait pertained to headers. Maybe the player has good heading attribute?

On 15/02/2020 at 11:52, max787 said:

Question regarding team fluidity in FM20:

Has it been confirmed that this is simply a label that has no effect ? So the mentality structure of very fluid is identical to very structured for example ?

And follow up question - does everything play as if it was "flexible" on previous versions of FM ?

On 15/02/2020 at 16:05, Experienced Defender said:

Yes, the same as in FM19. It has an effect merely in telling you what kind of overall shape your setup has taken based on your selection of player duties, but has nothing to do with the "Team shape" from previous versions of FM, which was a separate team instruction back then.

Fluidity still has a slight effect (altough it's effect is not as significant as it used to be), it is not just a label. It affects Creative Freedom, fluidity increases Creative Freedom. A fluid formation has the same amount of Creative Freedom as a flexible one coupled with 'Be More Expressive', if you set up 2 tactics next to each other, you can clearly see fluidity's effect on the tactical familiarity panel.

So, basically, in terms of Creative Freedom:

• Fluid = Flexible + 'Be More Expressive'
  • Structured = Flexible  + 'Be More Disciplined'

1 hour ago, sejo said:

What happened with the latest patch? My strikers are not scoring anymore, and when I say anymore I mean it: 4 wordclass strikers, 2 of them with 0 goals (it's december!), the other two 4 each one. It's not the tactic! :(

Look at the screenshots, this is ridicolous! Every single match is the same, the patch has totally ruined my game and my team!

He is a great number 10 but he has scored 0!!! And 0 assist!

Your question requires more analysis and detailed response than this particular thread is intended for. So please start a separate thread if you really want to get any meaningful help and advice. 

If you want to complain about the ME/patch, there is also a more appropriate section of the forum, so please refer to there. 

I'll now remove your post from this thread, because it really does not belong here.

Thanks.

Can someone offer a description for the different types of compactness? And when they may he used i.e attacking, counter attaching, possession heavy etc

2 hours ago, Nozzer said:

Can someone offer a description for the different types of compactness? And when they may he used i.e attacking, counter attaching, possession heavy etc

Are you asking about attacking/defensive width?

4 hours ago, Nozzer said:

The shorter the distance between DL and LOE - the more (vertically) compact your defensive shape is.

Likewise, the greater this distance is - the less compact you are.

Therefore, the highest possible level of compactness is when DL is much higher and LOE much lower.

Conversely, the lowest possible compactness is with much lower DL and much higher LOE.

Neither of the 2 extremes is a good idea, so you need to find the right balance that optimally suits your team (taking the formation you use - among other factors - into account).

Basically, an optimal level of compactness is when DL is one notch higher than LOE (e.g. higher DL/standard LOE; or standard DL/lower LOE etc.)

On 13/02/2020 at 17:31, Sharkn20 said:

Will two Match Preparation (attacking movement and tactics i.e.) training stack up for the next match? Or just the last one before the game will count?

On 14/02/2020 at 05:02, HUNT3R said:

Both will count.

:thup:

But only one of each type will count. So 2 x Attacking Movement would not equal double the attacking movement benefit.

26 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

:thup:

But only one of each type will count. So 2 x Attacking Movement would not equal double the attacking movement benefit.

On this score, will non-match preparation sessions stack up? For example, you set all 3 sessions on a given that to the Attacking>Attacking Patient? Will they count as if it was just one session in terms of attribute boosting, or the effect will be triple? 

Thanks!

I have never really figured out how the Welcome player to club works as mentoring, is there any difference what I say to the player I ask to welcome a new signing?

FOr example, is there any way to make sure a new player does or doesn't pick up a PPM?

I remember how tutoring used to have 2 options, 1 for tutee to get personality change with no PPM, and another one to give him PPM's, is the 4 different options to welcome a player somewhat similar?