Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Nozzer said:

Can someone offer a description for the different types of compactness? And when they may he used i.e attacking, counter attaching, possession heavy etc

Are you asking about attacking/defensive width?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Nozzer said:

Can someone offer a description for the different types of compactness? And when they may he used i.e attacking, counter attaching, possession heavy etc

The shorter the distance between DL and LOE - the more (vertically) compact your defensive shape is.

Likewise, the greater this distance is - the less compact you are.

Therefore, the highest possible level of compactness is when DL is much higher and LOE much lower.

Conversely, the lowest possible compactness is with much lower DL and much higher LOE.

Neither of the 2 extremes is a good idea, so you need to find the right balance that optimally suits your team (taking the formation you use - among other factors - into account).

Basically, an optimal level of compactness is when DL is one notch higher than LOE (e.g. higher DL/standard LOE; or standard DL/lower LOE etc.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2020 at 17:31, Sharkn20 said:

Will two Match Preparation (attacking movement and tactics i.e.) training stack up for the next match? Or just the last one before the game will count?

 

On 14/02/2020 at 05:02, HUNT3R said:

Both will count.

:thup:

But only one of each type will count. So 2 x Attacking Movement would not equal double the attacking movement benefit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

 

:thup:

But only one of each type will count. So 2 x Attacking Movement would not equal double the attacking movement benefit.

On this score, will non-match preparation sessions stack up? For example, you set all 3 sessions on a given that to the Attacking>Attacking Patient? Will they count as if it was just one session in terms of attribute boosting, or the effect will be triple? 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never really figured out how the Welcome player to club works as mentoring, is there any difference what I say to the player I ask to welcome a new signing?

FOr example, is there any way to make sure a new player does or doesn't pick up a PPM?

I remember how tutoring used to have 2 options, 1 for tutee to get personality change with no PPM, and another one to give him PPM's, is the 4 different options to welcome a player somewhat similar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2020 at 15:14, Experienced Defender said:

On this score, will non-match preparation sessions stack up? For example, you set all 3 sessions on a given that to the Attacking>Attacking Patient? Will they count as if it was just one session in terms of attribute boosting, or the effect will be triple? 

Thanks!

Those ones do stack :thup:

On 21/02/2020 at 00:07, zindrinho said:

I have never really figured out how the Welcome player to club works as mentoring, is there any difference what I say to the player I ask to welcome a new signing?

FOr example, is there any way to make sure a new player does or doesn't pick up a PPM?

I remember how tutoring used to have 2 options, 1 for tutee to get personality change with no PPM, and another one to give him PPM's, is the 4 different options to welcome a player somewhat similar?

I don't believe any of them should result in Player Trait transference, it's an off-field thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd question: I see a lot of tactics where the counter-press is not employed, but 'more urgent' pressing is. What does this achieve, or what is it designed to achieve? More urgent non-pressing? A half-hearted press? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, warlock said:

Odd question: I see a lot of tactics where the counter-press is not employed, but 'more urgent' pressing is. What does this achieve, or what is it designed to achieve? More urgent non-pressing? A half-hearted press? 

Counter press specifically applies to when your team has just lost the ball and they try to win it back immediately. 

The other is just general pressing intensity 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Counter press specifically applies to when your team has just lost the ball and they try to win it back immediately. 

The other is just general pressing intensity 

Good to know, thanks :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a problem in FM19. New season, I promoted a player from my U19 squad to the first team. When I put him in a mentoring group, if I leave that screen, he just disappears. I tried adding him to another group, but the same thing happens. 

What could possible be causing this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a back four consisting of a FBa, 2x CBd and a WBs, what would be better to protect from the dm strata? An Anchorman, Half Back, Defensive Midfielder or Ball winning Midfielder? 

In front of the dm is a Carrilero and a Mezzala. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

With a back four consisting of a FBa, 2x CBd and a WBs, what would be better to protect from the dm strata? An Anchorman, Half Back, Defensive Midfielder or Ball winning Midfielder? 

In front of the dm is a Carrilero and a Mezzala. 

That question can't be answered correctly without a better understanding of the tactical setup. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

In front of the dm is a Carrilero and a Mezzala

Mezzala on which duty? 

Btw, I absolutely agree with 

26 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

That question can't be answered correctly without a better understanding of the tactical setup. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Why do some of my players learn PPMs without any training instruction to develop them?

They are picking them up from other players through mentoring ... so far as I can tell mentoring can take place outside formal mentoring groups. This seem sensible to me. Just because you may have set up formal mentoring groups these groups do not operate in isolation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

They are picking them up from other players through mentoring ... so far as I can tell mentoring can take place outside formal mentoring groups. This seem sensible to me. Just because you may have set up formal mentoring groups these groups do not operate in isolation.

I don't have any mentoring groups, so they are picking up PPM just because other players in the squad have them... I don't think I like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2020 at 14:41, Experienced Defender said:

Mezzala on which duty? 

Btw, I absolutely agree with 

 

OK, putting it into context. I'm Inter Miami (original dB, post update so no players). I want to play balanced until I can get some 'better' players in the side. 

The Mezzala is on attack duty. I have an inverted winger (s) on the left and an inside forward (a) on the right. I haven't decided on the strikers role yet. 

I will be playing out of defence as I want to build from the back but I don't want to leave the defence 'weak' which is why my question about the dm role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So in 2022 I bought Ryan Cherki and I know for a fact he had 178 PA and his limit goes from 150-180. How in hell I check in 2024 and he has 188 PA? Shouldn't be static?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

OK, putting it into context. I'm Inter Miami (original dB, post update so no players). I want to play balanced until I can get some 'better' players in the side. 

The Mezzala is on attack duty. I have an inverted winger (s) on the left and an inside forward (a) on the right. I haven't decided on the strikers role yet. 

I will be playing out of defence as I want to build from the back but I don't want to leave the defence 'weak' which is why my question about the dm role. 

Anyway, for the type of advice you are asking for, you need to start a separate thread and post a screenshot of the tactic there. This thread is for a different type of questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 18:15, kingjericho said:

I don't have any mentoring groups, so they are picking up PPM just because other players in the squad have them... I don't think I like that.

This can happen. It's usually a trait from someone they train with (so likely the same training unit) and who is influential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This can happen. It's usually a trait from someone they train with (so likely the same training unit) and who is influential.

I think that is the case. My young striker picked it up from another striker, older and influential.

Does this happen only for young players?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a quick question:

What does your team do when you don't tick counterpress nor regroup or when you don't tick counter nor hold shape...? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to find it, but it was nowhere to be seen, so I've got quick question. What's the difference between CM (s) and B2B? It seems they both do actually very similar and I really don't get how they behave.

Edited by Cocxa
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to recreate Antonio Contes tactics from 16/17 when Chelsea won the league.

In defence, they played 5-4-1, in offence 3-4-3. Which one should I use for my team? How does the game interpret the formations?

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2020 at 04:47, kingjericho said:

I think that is the case. My young striker picked it up from another striker, older and influential.

Does this happen only for young players?

I think I've seen it for players in their mid-20s. Not players in the final third of their career though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belkemi1 said:

I want to recreate Antonio Contes tactics from 16/17 when Chelsea won the league.

In defence, they played 5-4-1, in offence 3-4-3. Which one should I use for my team? How does the game interpret the formations?

 

The formation on the tactics screen best reflects your defensive structure. So if you want 541 in defense, then that's your starting point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cocxa said:

I tried to find it, but it was nowhere to be seen, so I've got quick question. What's the difference between CM (s) and B2B? It seems they both do actually very similar and I really don't get how they behave.

B2B are set to roam and arrive late in the box. 

CM(s) are pretty much a blank slate to work with. I'm admittedly not entirely sure how they behave without any PIs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

B2B are set to roam and arrive late in the box. 

CM(s) are pretty much a blank slate to work with. I'm admittedly not entirely sure how they behave without any PIs. 

I'm not sure about that. It would mean CM (s) could behave as a B2B if you give him roam from position and I suppose it's not the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

B2B are set to roam and arrive late in the box. 

CM(s) are pretty much a blank slate to work with. I'm admittedly not entirely sure how they behave without any PIs. 

I play with 2 CM’s but on auto. Complete blank slate with no PI’s at all.

They play brilliantly in using only the players traits. I literally put the players I want in that position and let them play their natural game. Because they are on auto they also just take on the adjustments that mentality changes offers. If I go attacking, they get further forward. If cautious they sit a little deeper etc.

This is the first version I’ve tried this on, just using player traits and mentality in this position, and it’s been a revelation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

I have a quick question:

What does your team do when you don't tick counterpress nor regroup or when you don't tick counter nor hold shape...? 

If you don't tick any of these, your players behave according to other regular instructions and of course their roles and duties (which is all also affected by the team mentality btw). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, was just wondering what are the differences between the DL/R and the WBL/R positions? I know that there are more role varieties in the former, but let's assume the same roles. What would be the differences? Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kawee said:

Hi, was just wondering what are the differences between the DL/R and the WBL/R positions? I know that there are more role varieties in the former, but let's assume the same roles. What would be the differences? Thank you.

If you're ignoring the roles selected then it's just that their 'base' position is further up the pitch.

You then tweak all their other behaviours via the player roles - which are probably best explained in the game itself. Hope that makes sense?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering the past days about using an AMC as the main scorer of a team... Shadow Striker probably will be the best option to do this, what you guys recommend as a role for the striker to help the AMC on this? False 9? DLF Support?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Can a poacher work effectively on his own or is it better to pair him with someone? 

A poacher can work as a lone striker, but you have to make sure he is properly and sufficiently supported by his teammates in terms of creating both chances and space for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys go about making first teamers available for reserve squad?

I see the point in it to keep everyone match fit in your first team, but doesn't it take away valuable playing time of youngsters you have in the reserve squad?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karrincha said:

IMG_20200305_114307.jpg

 

3 hours ago, Karrincha said:

@Experienced Defender what do you think about that ? I want to play progressive possession

You first need to post the screenshot in English, because otherwise I cannot understand anything.

But this thread is not meant for that type of questions anyway. So please start a separate thread, post a screenshot in English there and I'll be glad to offer some opinion and/or advice :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to play a ‘classic’ 433 with winger who simply pass by there man, and give a cross. But ingame they always end up with endless dribbles... 

Any suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevenvdijk said:

I want to play a ‘classic’ 433 with winger who simply pass by there man, and give a cross. But ingame they always end up with endless dribbles... 

Any suggestions?

Give him players to cross to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...