Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Recommended Posts

What age is personality fully developed? Can a personality change after the age of 23? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ultrAslan said:

What age is personality fully developed? Can a personality change after the age of 23? 

Personality can change after 23.  However given numerous factors such as age, influence, squad standing (dynamics), the degree by which it may change can differ.  So your model professional 32 year old highly influential club captain who as been with the club all his life probably won't see much (if any) personality change, whereas a 25 year old player you've just brought into the club with no mates or standing within the team and a weak personality may be more open to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing a 4-2-3-1 but I've recently switched to a 4-1-4-1 as I've needed the defensive solidity in the CL. I was wondering: what sort of role I should have for this guy as the lone striker? I'm currently playing a Complete Forward - S as the lone striker and I feel like this guy has the skillset to play in that role but I'd like a second opinion (which is better than my Ass-man).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, scorpionis1 said:

I've been playing a 4-2-3-1 but I've recently switched to a 4-1-4-1 as I've needed the defensive solidity in the CL. I was wondering: what sort of role I should have for this guy as the lone striker? I'm currently playing a Complete Forward - S as the lone striker and I feel like this guy has the skillset to play in that role but I'd like a second opinion (which is better than my Ass-man).

My answer is always the same - it would depend on how the rest of your tactic is set up. The formation alone means little. So I would advise you to start a separate thread and post a screenshot of your tactic. This guy is a very good player and certainly can play in a CF role generally speaking, but the question is if that role would be an optimal choice in the context of your overall tactic (which we know nothing about apart from the formation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few questions here, both about seemingly contradicting instructions which I haven't yet had the opportunity to properly test.

1. What does direct passing combined with lower tempo do?

2. What does high LOE combined with less urgent pressing do?

And that lead me to these follow-up questions:

3. Is the setup mentioned in the first question the way to achieve patient build-up with long balls behind the opposition defence when the opportunity arises (see: Atletico Madrid against Leganes this weekend)? Or is it play out of defence + pass into space?

4. Is the second question the way to have my players defend space instead of pressing the opponent player with the ball (see: Guardiola at City)? Or is it low LOE + tight marking?

Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Enzo_Francescoli said:

What does direct passing combined with lower tempo do?

Exactly that. The players are generally encouraged to play more passes that cover larger distances, but not in an urgent fashion. However, this - like everything else btw - will be affected by the mentality on which you play. 

 

3 hours ago, Enzo_Francescoli said:

What does high LOE combined with less urgent pressing do?

Your players - primarily forwards - will start pressing the opposition earlier (i.e. higher up the pitch), but the intensity of pressing will not be aggressive. Here again the mentality will play a part, as it affects both settings. 

 

3 hours ago, Enzo_Francescoli said:

Is the setup mentioned in the first question the way to achieve patient build-up with long balls behind the opposition defence when the opportunity arises

Can be, but only in conjunction with other elements of a tactic.

 

3 hours ago, Enzo_Francescoli said:

Is the second question the way to have my players defend space instead of pressing the opponent player with the ball (see: Guardiola at City)?

I think Pep (City) plays with a (very) high LOE and more urgent pressing, but Stay on feet when tackling. And he definitely uses counter-press. However, I am not an expert on Pepball, so I might be wrong on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do y'all go about building a squad? Do you use identical players or have different types? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone clear my mind and say if Im thinking the good or the wrong way. If I play a defensive mentality against a stronger opponent, is it better to have more players with attack duty? What if I play with attacking mentality , is it better to have most players with support duty. 

Logic behind this what I think is when you play a defensive mentality with more support players will be not dangerous against a stronger opponent. They will press you agressively so you dont even get the chance to move forward. But when you have more attaking minded players they will maybe have a chance to break the opponent. Or is this incorrect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ultrAslan said:

Can someone clear my mind and say if Im thinking the good or the wrong way. If I play a defensive mentality against a stronger opponent, is it better to have more players with attack duty? What if I play with attacking mentality , is it better to have most players with support duty. 

Logic behind this what I think is when you play a defensive mentality with more support players will be not dangerous against a stronger opponent. They will press you agressively so you dont even get the chance to move forward. But when you have more attaking minded players they will maybe have a chance to break the opponent. Or is this incorrect?

Your line of reasoning generally makes sense, but that's just one part of the equation. Besides the mere number of attacking (or any other) duties, what equally matters is their distribution across the system. You also need to take your formation into account here. For example, a system without a DM will require a different approach from one that employs a DM (or even two). And even if you set up roles and duties "perfectly", there remain instructions that also need to be properly selected. There are too many factors to be considered when creating a tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2019 at 16:00, zlatanera said:

Yeah, you have to pick the team before you hold it. I never used to do them, but now I do as I like to see myself getting a positive reaction from most of my players. Also because I tend to run a 23 man squad (Two XIs plus a substitute full back who can cover both flanks) so I need to see if I'm going to have to move any u19 players up - given they often play on the same day as the first team, leaving it until just before kick-off would screw up my plans. But on previous editions I never used it and still had great success, so by all means just do as @herne79 does and click "skip briefing".  

@zlatanera it worked! I picked a team before my next pre-match briefing (Carabao cup tie against Everton) and I got some responses! Positive one's too! Then went and won the game 2-1 with Alli and Llorente grabbing their first goals of the season. Solely down to my pre-match tactical briefing (probably).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter Morgan said:

@zlatanera it worked! I picked a team before my next pre-match briefing (Carabao cup tie against Everton) and I got some responses! Positive one's too! Then went and won the game 2-1 with Alli and Llorente grabbing their first goals of the season. Solely down to my pre-match tactical briefing (probably).

Another true believer mwahaha

I have definitely noticed a pattern in big games against PSG in my current save where if I misjudged it and get Red reactions Mbappé runs riot but if I get green reactions some random 16 year old I throw into the lineup will score the winner for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it matter if your primary tactic is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd of your listed tactics. So does the 1st tactic receive the primary training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tecmo said:

Does it matter if your primary tactic is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd of your listed tactics. So does the 1st tactic receive the primary training?

If you go to the dropdown menu on the tactics screen you set any of the three tactics as the primary one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hovis Dexter said:

If you go to the dropdown menu on the tactics screen you set any of the three tactics as the primary one.

Thank you! I forgot all about that option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2019 at 13:54, Experienced Defender said:

Well, if you think that crosses being occasionally blocked is an issue ("bug"), then okay, but then think about how many crosses (attempts) get blocked in the real-life football. The problem is that people want to have a lot of things at the same time. So you have people who complain about too many blocked crosses, whereas others complain they see too many assists coming exactly from crosses, but very few via through (killer) balls. When I want to base my play on crosses, I set up the tactic that helps me get just that. Some of them will of course be blocked even then, but not to a degree that I would think of it as a ME issue (bug).

Both of these are true. Because there are way too many crosses being attempted, which is linked to the aforementioned reluctance to try killer passes through the middle, which has all been acknowledged by SI.

So the result is too many crosses being attempted, too many being blocked, but also too many getting through. Also too many corners resulting from the blocked crosses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Both of these are true. Because there are way too many crosses being attempted, which is linked to the aforementioned reluctance to try killer passes through the middle, which has all been acknowledged by SI.

So the result is too many crosses being attempted, too many being blocked, but also too many getting through. Also too many corners resulting from the blocked crosses.

You are generalising and making it sound like in every match regardless of tactics this happens.  In some instances yes we can see a large amount of crosses, yet in others that number is significantly reduced.  Personally I see around 20-25 attempted crosses per match on average simply because of my tactical set up.  I can also set things up tactically to encourage central play / through balls.

That's not to say crossing / central play in other tactical setups could be reduced by evolving the ME - it could - but generalising about these things starts myths and it's a myth that there is always too much crossing and never enough play through the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, herne79 said:

You are generalising and making it sound like in every match regardless of tactics this happens.  In some instances yes we can see a large amount of crosses, yet in others that number is significantly reduced.  Personally I see around 20-25 attempted crosses per match on average simply because of my tactical set up.  I can also set things up tactically to encourage central play / through balls.

That's not to say crossing / central play in other tactical setups could be reduced by evolving the ME - it could - but generalising about these things starts myths and it's a myth that there is always too much crossing and never enough play through the middle.

If you set up your tactic to reduce crosses that's great. No one said that couldn't be done.  That doesn't change the fact that overall in the match engine there are too many crosses, too many assists from crosses, and too many corners from blocked crosses.

The user can adjust their tactics in a way to negate any issue, but that doesn't help the thousands of other teams who's leading assister is their fullback and have CBs scoring 15 goals a season from corners.

Any issue can be mitigated through user tactics, but this game is supposed to simulate a football world, and Luke Shaw winning the Ballon D'or with 28 assists is objectively not doing a good job of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

The user can adjust their tactics in a way to negate any issue, but that doesn't help the thousands of other teams who's leading assister is their fullback and have CBs scoring 15 goals a season from corners.

By your own statement it actually can help because - as you say - "the user can adjust their tactics in a way to negate any issue".  Or are you talking about AI teams?  In which case the AI team manger can also adjust their tactic to help, assuming they are clever enough to do so.  But that becomes an AI issue, not an ME issue.

So like I said, you are generalising and helping to create myths.  Your first statement was to tell us all how bad crossing/through balls are and now you acknowledge that users can adjust tactics to negate any issue.  Please separate human and AI capabilities as all you're doing is giving people false information about what they may be capable of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, herne79 said:

By your own statement it actually can help because - as you say - "the user can adjust their tactics in a way to negate any issue".  Or are you talking about AI teams?  In which case the AI team manger can also adjust their tactic to help, assuming they are clever enough to do so.  But that becomes an AI issue, not an ME issue.

So like I said, you are generalising and helping to create myths.  Your first statement was to tell us all how bad crossing/through balls are and now you acknowledge that users can adjust tactics to negate any issue.  Please separate human and AI capabilities as all you're doing is giving people false information about what they may be capable of.

I never once said anything about what users were and weren't capable of, and absolutely nothing I said was a.myth, thanks.

A user posted asking why he was seeing so many crosses and so little central play. He was told that it was a tactical issue and he was setting up his team poorly. So I commented to let the user know that what hes seeing isn't necessarily poor tactics, it's the default state of the match engine as acknowledged by SI.

Worldwide throughout the game, crosses, corners, and assists from both are too high. Once again, of course users can work at their tactics and get them down, but by default they are too high.

What do you think is more likely, that there is an issue in the match engine, or that the tens of thousands of managers in the game world are all so incompetent that they can't make their teams stop crossing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RocheBag said:

I never once said anything about what users were and weren't capable of

I guess this wasn't you then...

3 hours ago, RocheBag said:

The user can adjust their tactics in a way to negate any issue

Additionally:

2 hours ago, RocheBag said:

So I commented to let the user know that what hes seeing isn't necessarily poor tactics

If you had used the word "necessarily" in the first place no problem, but you didn't.  You said:

20 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Both of these are true. Because there are way too many crosses being attempted, which is linked to the aforementioned reluctance to try killer passes through the middle, which has all been acknowledged by SI.

So the result is too many crosses being attempted, too many being blocked, but also too many getting through. Also too many corners resulting from the blocked crosses.

And people reading that, on it's own, may lead them to believe that crossing and through ball issues are solely down to ME problems, which is untrue and leads to myths being created.

You have to appreciate how other people read things when those things aren't fully explained.  All you've said is "ME issue" when actually it's correct to say "possible ME issue which SI have acknowledged however there may be tactical things you can do to help", which is missing from your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, herne79 said:

I guess this wasn't you then...

Additionally:

If you had used the word "necessarily" in the first place no problem, but you didn't.  You said:

And people reading that, on it's own, may lead them to believe that crossing and through ball issues are solely down to ME problems, which is untrue and leads to myths being created.

You have to appreciate how other people read things when those things aren't fully explained.  All you've said is "ME issue" when actually it's correct to say "possible ME issue which SI have acknowledged however there may be tactical things you can do to help", which is missing from your post.

The first two quotes are responses to you, who brought up the user being able to change tactics. When I said I didn't mention anything about the user I clearly meant in my original post which you took issue with. Very disappointing from a mod tbh.

Likewise, when you and a few others directed the poster to the tactics forum saying he should ask for help, you left out the part where crosses and blocked crosses have been proven time and time again to be too high in their default state. You left the poster assuming it was solely down to him, and neglected to point out that the game world as a whole has way too many crosses. Thats why I let him know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RocheBag said:

You left the poster assuming it was solely down to him

Really?

11 hours ago, herne79 said:

That's not to say crossing / central play in other tactical setups could be reduced by evolving the ME - it could

 

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

it's correct to say "possible ME issue which SI have acknowledged however there may be tactical things you can do to help

Anyway as I originally stated, please don't generalise as that's how myths are started and your original reply to ED does not present the full facts which may lead others to believe the issue is solely down to the ME, when in reality not only the ME but also tactical choices may be the cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, herne79 said:

in reality not only the ME but also tactical choices may be the cause

Moreover, I strongly believe that in the (vast) majority of situations it is down to tactical choices. Let me give you an example. How many times have we heard (read) statements like this: "I turned on Work ball into box, but I am still seeing way too many crosses and/or long shots". But then on the other hand, you can find quite a few people who do not experience either too many crosses or long shots even without using WBiB. The problem is when people expect a single instruction to have magical effect and compensate for all the flaws in their tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Moreover, I strongly believe that in the (vast) majority of situations it is down to tactical choices. Let me give you an example. How many times have we heard (read) statements like this: "I turned on Work ball into box, but I am still seeing way too many crosses and/or long shots". But then on the other hand, you can find quite a few people who do not experience either too many crosses or long shots even without using WBiB. The problem is when people expect a single instruction to have magical effect and compensate for all the flaws in their tactics.

So how do you explain all the AI teams having way too many crosses? Every AI manager in the game makes the wrong tactical choices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RocheBag said:

So how do you explain all the AI teams having way too many crosses? Every AI manager in the game makes the wrong tactical choices?

Well, I can;t really attempt to explain it because I don;t generally see it in my save.

Coming up against teams that appear strong on the flanks, I defend wide, show their wide men onto weaker foot, close down etc and it seems to prevent it. For me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RocheBag said:

So how do you explain all the AI teams having way too many crosses? Every AI manager in the game makes the wrong tactical choices?

Why do you think that crossing as such is a "wrong tactical choice" in the first place? I mean, what is right or wrong depends on what you want to achieve (tactical style).

Btw, I honestly haven't payed too much attention to the number of AI crosses, but as far as I understood, the problem initially discussed here is that human managers (not AI) have problems with too many crosses, including blocked ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snorks said:

Well, I can;t really attempt to explain it because I don;t generally see it in my save.

Coming up against teams that appear strong on the flanks, I defend wide, show their wide men onto weaker foot, close down etc and it seems to prevent it. For me anyway.

I'm not talking about how to defend against it. I'm talking about the thousands of other teams in the game world that aren't influenced by me in any way. There are simply way too many crosses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Why do you think that crossing as such is a "wrong tactical choice" in the first place? I mean, what is right or wrong depends on what you want to achieve (tactical style).

I have never once said crossing is the wrong tactical choice. I myself build my own tactics to be strong down the flanks. I simply says across the game world there are too many crosses. Even managers who set their teams up to play through the middle end up crossing way more than the average real life side. My entire point is that it isn't a tactical choice at all for these managers, it's a match engine issue.

35 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Btw, I honestly haven't payed too much attention to the number of AI crosses, but as far as I understood, the problem initially discussed here is that human managers (not AI) have problems with too many crosses, including blocked ones.

A lot of human managers are having too many crosses. My point is that this is mostly down to the match engine, as evidenced by the AI managers having the same issues.

If it were purely tactical, surely the AI managers wouldn't be having all the same problems, they aren't all setting their teams up to cross over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original question was from someone wanting to know if there may be tactical things they could do to help their crossing issue.  That's been answered.

For some reason AI managers have been brought into this as well.  If anyone wants to debate what AI managers get up to, please start a new thread to discuss there rather than continuing here, as this thread is for quick fire questions and answers concerning people's own issues.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to training: if I do quite a lot of attacking-based training (general attacking, attacking patient, attacking wings.etc), this is of course meant to help our attacking football, but as the defence is factored into this session (to act as the mock-defence, so to speak), do they get any benefit from it - other than perhaps learning how to more effectively instigate an attack from our backline? I'm guessing the benefits are minimal....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

When it comes to training: if I do quite a lot of attacking-based training (general attacking, attacking patient, attacking wings.etc), this is of course meant to help our attacking football, but as the defence is factored into this session (to act as the mock-defence, so to speak), do they get any benefit from it - other than perhaps learning how to more effectively instigate an attack from our backline? I'm guessing the benefits are minimal....?

Yes, it shows quite clearly that the defence still get some benefit from the training:

713353294_Screenshot2019-09-05at20_19_28.thumb.png.62c4dc6d08a3e53d64ea842da03e599f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a lone striker I mostly see the advice: "use a support role unless there's enough support from an AMC otherwise he gets isolated"

Should that AMC have an attack or support role to be the best link with a lone striker on attack duty? Looking at the ingame description it seems that attack would be the way to go (at least for the normal Attacking Midfielder role) however you would guess that "support" role would give you the best support for the striker

Would most support roles in the AMC slot still leave the lone striker on attack to isolated?

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

For a lone striker I mostly see the advice: "use a support role unless there's enough support from an AMC otherwise he gets isolated"

Should that AMC have an attack or support role to be the best link with a lone striker on attack duty? Looking at the ingame description it seems that attack would be the way to go (at least for the normal Attacking Midfielder role) however you would guess that "support" role would give you the best support for the striker

Would most support roles in the AMC slot still leave the lone striker on attack to isolated?

There is no fixed rule, depends on a number of factors (formation, playing style, how other roles and duties are set up etc.). You can post a screenshot of your tactic if you want more detailed advice, because the context is key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A general question, not sure if its possible to answer.

Is there much penalty for not using the player in his exact best position? If he has a big green circle on left defender support. And i want him to be on attack, but then he has yellow half-circle.

Or doesnt it matter much?

I now have an attacker who is totally green on his role "goal-thief" (not sure the english term for role), but that does not suit my tactic. I let him play in a position where he is half yellow, and it seems to work good. 

 

Edited by H_a_a_k_o_n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

A general question, not sure if its possible to answer.

Is there much penalty for not using the player in his exact best position? If he has a big green circle on left defender support. And i want him to be on attack, but then he has yellow half-circle.

Or doesnt it matter much?

I now have an attacker who is totally green on his role "goal-thief" (not sure the english term for role), but that does not suit my tactic. I let him play in a position where he is half yellow, and it seems to work good. 

 

Answered your own question :thup:.

Those circles are a guide to give you ideas, nothing more.  Follow them if you like but never be afraid to ignore them if a different role suits your tactic and player better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How important is the composure attribute in relation to the others for a striker?

I am looking at a possible signing that is looking like a potential star with great ratings in most relevant attributes, but unfortunately he has only 8 for composure, how much of an impact is that likely to have on his performance?

Edited by zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz said:

How important is the composure attribute in relation to the others for a striker?

Very much, especially if you want him as the main goal-scorer. Finishing, composure and decisions are some of the key attributes for a goal-scoring striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does using pass into space increase the likelihood of a short through ball getting played between the opposing center backs? I've got a 4-4-1-1 going with a fluidish attack i like very much, the attacking transition is really nice all the way to the final third. My playmaker in cm seems to often dribble with the ball in front of the opponents backline and my striker and AMC seems to do exactly the correct runs to the spaces between opposing defenders, but the AP very often just takes a long shot from the edge of the box instead of playing the easy through ball between the defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clear ball to flanks instruction. What is this best for? I am always scared to use it if the opposition are playing with full/wing backs assuming they will be gifted possession. Would my wingers stand much chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sm1979 said:

Clear ball to flanks instruction. What is this best for? I am always scared to use it if the opposition are playing with full/wing backs assuming they will be gifted possession. Would my wingers stand much chance?

I'd say it was an "if you're under pressure" type instruction to relieve the pressure or if your strengths are out on the wings to make the most of them 

Dictates Tempo - What exactly does it mean? Logic would tell me, for example, if you're playing a slow tempo game, will that player look to up the tempo at times & affect the players around him? Like he'll try & start a quicker bit of play & vice versa. I just never really notice anything in play

We already have dwells on the ball & stops play which I see as something that affects the individual, is Dictates Tempo something that briefly affects the team? 

 

Edited by Johnny Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

We already have dwells on the ball & stops play which I see as something that affects the individual, is Dictates Tempo something that briefly affects the team?

  • Dictates Tempo - Player will use his decision-making to speed up or slow down the play when he sees fit
  • Stops Play - Player will occasionally stop the play to allow his teammates to move into better positions
  • Dwells On Ball - Player tends to spend a long time on the ball, often without real reason or purpose (a negative trait)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full backs vs. Wing Backs...

Can anyone explain the biggest differences between the roles, and why you would use one over another? my basic assumption was Wing Back's would start wider... that would help me if I defended narrow as they would be a little wider than Full Backs... didnt want to be so narrow that I never got out to attempt to block crosses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LCFCEaves31 said:

Full backs vs. Wing Backs...

Can anyone explain the biggest differences between the roles, and why you would use one over another? my basic assumption was Wing Back's would start wider... that would help me if I defended narrow as they would be a little wider than Full Backs... didnt want to be so narrow that I never got out to attempt to block crosses.

Wingbacks starting position is a liitle further up the pitch then fullbacks so they are more attacking. They also dribble more. You can't tell wingbacks to dribble less or to sit narrow like with fullbacks. 

I am guessing you are already using defending wide option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yolixeya said:

Wingbacks starting position is a liitle further up the pitch then fullbacks so they are more attacking. They also dribble more. You can't tell wingbacks to dribble less or to sit narrow like with fullbacks. 

I am guessing you are already using defending wide option?

I am using 'defend narrower', don't like giving up space through the middle and my centre backs head most things away, but i thought with wing back duties they would be a little wider when defending than full backs... wasn't 100% sure how they operated differently in an attacking sence either

Edited by LCFCEaves31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LCFCEaves31 said:

I am using 'defend narrower', don't like giving up space through the middle and my centre backs head most things away, but i thought with wing back duties they would be a little wider when defending than centre backs... wasn't 100% sure how they operated differently in an attacking sence either

Just check what PI they have FBs vs WBs. I don't really remember but I know that WBs are more attacking, that is the biggest difference, there is more chance with then to be caought out of position, bigger vertical channels beetween them and CBs ten with FBs...

 You cant really defend narrow and wide at the same time. If you want best of both worlds leave defending width to standard and I would use FBs as they are more cautious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yolixeya said:

You can't tell wingbacks to dribble less or to sit narrow like with fullbacks

You actually can tell a WB to sit narrower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you get up the screen on the tactics page where it shows important attributes for the role on the player selected? I stumble upon it and then never remember how to do it again haha

 

 

 

Found it

Edited by Fosse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...