Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Adaptability - damn, I did not know this!

What hidden attributes does tutoring affect? Professionalism, ambition, any more?

You get two options when tutoring - mentor off the pitch and help on the pitch - what's the difference again?

Just professionalism and ambition.

The first tutoring options has a chance to pass PPM's on and the second option doesn't. That's the only difference.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 4+1 star PA regen, whom I'd like to develop. However, his personality is unambitious, and I am afraid that might ruin any chance of him growing into a good player. Is there anything I can do to alter that other than giving him a tutor? And what personality should I be looking for in a tutor? If I find him a highly ambitious one, I fear they are too different for the tutoring to be effective.

2 minutes ago, Adzke said:

I have a 4+1 star PA regen, whom I'd like to develop. However, his personality is unambitious, and I am afraid that might ruin any chance of him growing into a good player. Is there anything I can do to alter that other than giving him a tutor? And what personality should I be looking for in a tutor? If I find him a highly ambitious one, I fear they are too different for the tutoring to be effective.

He will never reach or get anywhere near his full potential if you don't change it. You should be looking for personality types with high professionalism if you want him to stand a chance of becoming good. And no, you can only tutor. The whole point of tutoring is to change personality types, it doesn't make sense to tutor like for like on the off chance they could fall out if its drastically different. That's the whole point of tutoring. If they fall out its not the end of the world but you should have more success than failures tbh.

Just now, Cleon said:

He will never reach or get anywhere near his full potential if you don't change it. You should be looking for personality types with high professionalism if you want him to stand a chance of becoming good. And no, you can only tutor. The whole point of tutoring is to change personality types, it doesn't make sense to tutor like for like on the off chance they could fall out if its drastically different. That's the whole point of tutoring. If they fall out its not the end of the world but you should have more success than failures tbh.

Thanks, Cleon! I'll try to find someone with decent professionalism. Is it completely random if the tutoring works out?

2 hours ago, Adzke said:

It's not random - however ....

The tutor needs to have a higher squad status, but he also need a certain amount of higher reputation which you can't know in advance.

hey wanted to ask if somone knew a post where explains wich formation is strong against other formations?, i wanted to create a base tactic with similiar TI that its easy to adapt vs others formations, (an example 4-4-2 is good vs 4-2-3-1 * just invented coz i dont know) thanks in advance and hope i made my question clear as i dont dominate english.

I have totally lost it with my Aston Villa save. 2nd year i finished 6th with a pretty good team. For the 3rd season i didnt loose anoyone that i couldnt replace. I understand that the other teams sees me as a good side that they need to be more defence against. 

The season as a whole started well, 5-0 against Southhampton in the first game. But after the first 5-10 games it all went downhill. 

Now in Feb and ive lost 7 straight PL-games and one in the league cup. 

What do you do when the teams just falls apart, they starting to score own goals, do bad cleareances that hit another player and bounces in to the own net. Everything has started to really go from bad to worse.

What do you do as a coach? My point of view was to play more careful and structured but nothing seem to work. Maybe i have tried a little bit to much from game to game, which isnt very good but in this situation i just want to win.  

NVM: FIRED!!

Edited by Hagginho

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

So going from very structured to very fluid, the more fluid, the quicker the wingback will get upfroant? 

Well, the description of Very Fluid is that everyone is more involved in every phase of the game - attacking, defending and transitions. While in the more structured shapes each line is sticking more to one phase. 

So given that the role and duty stay the same, on Very Fluid a Wingback should be more involved in attack than in Very Structured.

4 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

So going from very structured to very fluid, the more fluid, the quicker the wingback will get upfroant? 

2 hours ago, yonko said:

Well, the description of Very Fluid is that everyone is more involved in every phase of the game - attacking, defending and transitions. While in the more structured shapes each line is sticking more to one phase. 

So given that the role and duty stay the same, on Very Fluid a Wingback should be more involved in attack than in Very Structured.

Have a look at the Player Instruction screen for the wingback (or any role for that matter) and watch how the blue mentality bar moves as you change Team Shape.  With all else being equal, that will give you an indication about how forward minded the player will be.

PPMs, PIs, player attributes, team mentality and so on will also play a part, so bear that in mind as well, but watching how that mentality bar moves will give you a basic indication of the effect of team shape.

Also be aware that just because someone is higher up the pitch doesn't necessarily mean he is involved in play better or quicker. It's quite possible he could be too advanced at times and is much closer to his marker meaning he is slower to react because he has less space and time than normal. If you want a wingback to be really advanced or up front quicker it begs the question why use a wingback in the first place as they're not supposed to be high up the pitch quickly. It sounds like you have the wrong roles imo or are expecting something from the role that isn't really part of its DNA.

3 hours ago, Cleon said:

Also be aware that just because someone is higher up the pitch doesn't necessarily mean he is involved in play better or quicker. It's quite possible he could be too advanced at times and is much closer to his marker meaning he is slower to react because he has less space and time than normal. If you want a wingback to be really advanced or up front quicker it begs the question why use a wingback in the first place as they're not supposed to be high up the pitch quickly. It sounds like you have the wrong roles imo or are expecting something from the role that isn't really part of its DNA.

Thks to all.

But i got confused with this part. Could you please explain?

3 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Thks to all.

But i got confused with this part. Could you please explain?

Well if you want him more advanced/join attacks quicker why not use a defensive winger from ML/MR etc? Or a WM? Wingbacks get up and down the pitch but they're not going to be that high to begin with because they start from deeper positions regardless of what team shape you use.

Oh, i see.

But i'm playing in a 4123 with DM formation, so going with those roles would completely change the tatic.

Been messing around with the roles for my two wide players in the defense. Trying to keep them with a support duty, but i want that they give width to the tactic, because ahead i play with two inside forwards.

Playing them with support duty, sometimes they stay too deep, but if i change them to attack duty, the team will get too exposed in the flanks. So trying to adjust things, with team shape.

Just now, Keyzer Soze said:

Oh, i see.

But i'm playing in a 4123 with DM formation, so going with those roles would completely change the tatic.

Been messing around with the roles for my two wide players in the defense. Trying to keep them with a support duty, but i want that they give width to the tactic, because ahead i play with two inside forwards.

Playing them with support duty, sometimes they stay too deep, but if i change them to attack duty, the team will get too exposed in the flanks. So trying to adjust things, with team shape.

You have a DMC though so that means you can afford to have more attacking wingbacks or central midfield players as the whole point of a DMC is to offer stability for those players who do go forward. What roles do you use currently on the wingbacks? Have you tried CWB support and WB A? this should offer you the attacking wingbacks you want without risking defensive stability by much,

1 minute ago, Cleon said:

You have a DMC though so that means you can afford to have more attacking wingbacks or central midfield players as the whole point of a DMC is to offer stability for those players who do go forward. What roles do you use currently on the wingbacks? Have you tried CWB support and WB A? this should offer you the attacking wingbacks you want without risking defensive stability by much,

This is my current setup:

CF(s)

IF(a)                                    IF(s)

AP(s)      CM(a)

DM(d)

WB(s)    CD(d)     CD(d)      WB(s)

SK(d)

Mentality varies between Counter/standard/Control.

I never use CWB(s) or CWB(a) because of the "roam from position". I could be wrong, but playing with fluid team shape (with more creativity), having defenders with roam from position instruction could be a bad idea, no?

I could change my right wingback to attack duty, since i have the inside forward on that side playing with a support duty. But having the CM(a) playing on the same side, could leave the right wing to exposed.  

So that's the reason i was trying to keep things with both wingback on support duty.

21 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

This is my current setup:

CF(s)

IF(a)                                    IF(s)

AP(s)      CM(a)

DM(d)

WB(s)    CD(d)     CD(d)      WB(s)

SK(d)

Mentality varies between Counter/standard/Control.

I never use CWB(s) or CWB(a) because of the "roam from position". I could be wrong, but playing with fluid team shape (with more creativity), having defenders with roam from position instruction could be a bad idea, no?

I could change my right wingback to attack duty, since i have the inside forward on that side playing with a support duty. But having the CM(a) playing on the same side, could leave the right wing to exposed.  

So that's the reason i was trying to keep things with both wingback on support duty.

That's the risk though, You can't have it both ways and expect the player to be disciplined yet really advanced at the same time if you aren't going to take a risk with his role or duty. I still see no reason you can't use atleast one attacking wingback though in that system. The whole point of a DMC is so you can take more risks with the roles.

10 hours ago, Cleon said:

That's the risk though, You can't have it both ways and expect the player to be disciplined yet really advanced at the same time if you aren't going to take a risk with his role or duty. I still see no reason you can't use atleast one attacking wingback though in that system. The whole point of a DMC is so you can take more risks with the roles.

Went back to the tactic board, and your words about the risk got me thinking...

Decide to set the mentality to counter, and with that put both wingbacks with attack duty. Also change the IF(s) to a Winger(s) to give more space to the MC(a).

The tactic gives me more possession now, and both wingbacks give great width. 

Despite having now 4 players with attack duty (and sometimes 5 when I changed the CF to DLF with attack duty) the tactic work very well in defense, and give few chances to the opponent counter attacks.

Just wondering how you guys get the most out of a lone striker set up with regard to "move into channels".  In a perfect world with a lone striker you want him doing both with regard to holding up the ball and bringing others into play but at the same time being on the shoulder and getting on the end of through balls.  I am finding it difficult to have him where I want him depending on the situation and was wondering how others set their forwards up especially with regard to the "move into channels" PI?

7 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Just wondering how you guys get the most out of a lone striker set up with regard to "move into channels".  In a perfect world with a lone striker you want him doing both with regard to holding up the ball and bringing others into play but at the same time being on the shoulder and getting on the end of through balls.  I am finding it difficult to have him where I want him depending on the situation and was wondering how others set their forwards up especially with regard to the "move into channels" PI?

Personally I've found that "move into channels" works very poorly for a lone striker. I think it makes the player move around too much and take up positions where if passed to he can't easily score. The instruction works better for AMC or MC in my opinion.

I tried to assign "move into channels" to Aguero at City (probably one of the best strikers in FM17 when it comes to intelligent movement and positioning) and it just didn't work for me. He kept moving into positions where he had trouble scoring when getting the pass. He very rarely stayed inside the penalty area.

Maybe the instruction works for a defensive striker, one who you don't expect to bang in goals but create chances for others...

1 hour ago, the--dud said:

Personally I've found that "move into channels" works very poorly for a lone striker. I think it makes the player move around too much and take up positions where if passed to he can't easily score. The instruction works better for AMC or MC in my opinion.

I tried to assign "move into channels" to Aguero at City (probably one of the best strikers in FM17 when it comes to intelligent movement and positioning) and it just didn't work for me. He kept moving into positions where he had trouble scoring when getting the pass. He very rarely stayed inside the penalty area.

Maybe the instruction works for a defensive striker, one who you don't expect to bang in goals but create chances for others...

Thanks for that, good points..  It's quite difficult to tailor a striker to my needs to be honest and find a role that allows some tinkering to what you want.  For instance certain roles for a striker either have move into channels or dribble more hardcoded which is an annoyance because it's a special player up top who has great dribbling skills.  I love the F9 role but it has dribble more hard coded.  A DLF A has move into channels hardcoded, A DLF S has neither hardcoded but it's difficult getting him further forward.  Advanced Forward both dribble more and MIC hard coded.  A complete forward is a strange one with both dribble more and hold up ball hard coded which I can never really understand because it's two different approaches.  For any striker who can't dribble it's really tough to find the right solo role.  My biggest negative turnover of possession seems to be down to my strikers losing it.

6 minutes ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Thanks for that, good points..  It's quite difficult to tailor a striker to my needs to be honest and find a role that allows some tinkering to what you want.  For instance certain roles for a striker either have move into channels or dribble more hardcoded which is an annoyance because it's a special player up top who has great dribbling skills.  I love the F9 role but it has dribble more hard coded.  A DLF A has move into channels hardcoded, A DLF S has neither hardcoded but it's difficult getting him further forward.  Advanced Forward both dribble more and MIC hard coded.  A complete forward is a strange one with both dribble more and hold up ball hard coded which I can never really understand because it's two different approaches.  For any striker who can't dribble it's really tough to find the right solo role.  My biggest negative turnover of possession seems to be down to my strikers losing it.

I had similar issues trying to fit Aguero into an AMC role in my 4-3-3 formation. What I ended up doing was using a simple "Attacking Midfielder" role but with 4-5 custom player instructions set for him. Maybe you could try something similar?

I'm struggling with exact the same problem @Sussex Hammer Most of all I want my lone striker to be the main goal scorer of my team! But I don't want him isolated from the rest of my team so I'm really struggling to find the best role that is fitting him, almost from the start of FM16 I haven't find a perfect role which makes my striker a consistent performer. Before FM16 I used a Target Man as lone striker, with two wingers on the flanks he got lots of crosses and scored lots of goals and had a good average rating every game. I'm reluctant to try this again in FM17, but I'm playing with an IF and a W on the flanks now and not sure if that works! 

I previous found that the CF is roaming to much which I don't want my lone striker to do. The DLF S doesn't go forward enough neither does the F9 and a AF go isolated from my teammates and disappeared during the game.. So I'm gonna try the TM A again!

14 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I'm struggling with exact the same problem @Sussex Hammer Most of all I want my lone striker to be the main goal scorer of my team! But I don't want him isolated from the rest of my team so I'm really struggling to find the best role that is fitting him, almost from the start of FM16 I haven't find a perfect role which makes my striker a consistent performer. Before FM16 I used a Target Man as lone striker, with two wingers on the flanks he got lots of crosses and scored lots of goals and had a good average rating every game. I'm reluctant to try this again in FM17, but I'm playing with an IF and a W on the flanks now and not sure if that works! 

I previous found that the CF is roaming to much which I don't want my lone striker to do. The DLF S doesn't go forward enough neither does the F9 and a AF go isolated from my teammates and disappeared during the game.. So I'm gonna try the TM A again!

You might try a DLF(A) and see how that works. I had a fair bit of success with that role in a lone striker setup using an IF and W. On a side note, this thread is why I continually advocate for generic, fully customisable roles. Would love to have a target man setup without the ball attracting code of the target man.

7 hours ago, the--dud said:

I had similar issues trying to fit Aguero into an AMC role in my 4-3-3 formation. What I ended up doing was using a simple "Attacking Midfielder" role but with 4-5 custom player instructions set for him. Maybe you could try something similar?

Unfortunately all my strikers like Zaza and Sakho are just plain strikers and have no green light for an attacking midfield role.  Must say though it's a shame that there isn't a customisable striker role like the basic attacking midfield role because an AM seems the most customisable role that there is.  Been saying for years we almost need a "Basic striker" role to choose up top.

1 hour ago, Dr. Hook said:

You might try a DLF(A) and see how that works. I had a fair bit of success with that role in a lone striker setup using an IF and W. On a side note, this thread is why I continually advocate for generic, fully customisable roles. Would love to have a target man setup without the ball attracting code of the target man.

My only concern about a DLF A is that I tend to play a 4141 with two wide midfielders and in previous incarnations I always had the Assistant yapping that the gap was too big between midfield an attack with a lone striker on an attack duty with no player in the AM area.  I know general thinking by many over the years is that you should play a lone striker on a support duty in something like a 4141 but I am sure I read a quote from Cleon somewhere saying that it's not a necessity and it's perfectly possible to play a lone striker on an attack duty even when you have no one in the AM strata.

Might try a DLF A though so thanks for the suggestion.  I guess I can tinker the role for different players.  I did have a period when Sakho was banging them in from lovely through balls as a CF S but then he goes 6 or 7 games without scoring.  Might try the DLF A for Carroll as well because he has always been useless in FM for me because he is basically pigeon holed as a TM and can never get a lone TM to work in FM,.  To be honest I can't get a TM  to work in a two!!!

In 16 I found a DF S a good role for a 4141 but just can't get that role involved at all this year.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

On November 28, 2016 at 12:50, BadAss88 said:

I'm suffering from too many long shots, what can be the cause and what can be the solution to stop this?

More patient approach (team mentality), more options for the player on the ball (balance between roles and duties), players with better decision making. Also instruct players individually to shoot less often and/or use Work Ball Into Box TI

34 minutes ago, yonko said:

More patient approach (team mentality), more options for the player on the ball (balance between roles and duties), players with better decision making. Also instruct players individually to shoot less often and/or use Work Ball Into Box TI

I was playing like this:

TM(a)
IF (s) -------------------------- W(a)
CM(s) - CM(a)
DLP(d)
FB(a) - CD(d) - CD(d) - FB(s)
SK(a)

TI's: Standard Mentality, Very Fluid Shape, Play Out of Defence, Work Ball Into Box, Use Tighter Marking, Much Higher Defensive Line, Close Down Much More, Prevent Short GK Distribution

PI's: FB(a) - Stay Wider, CM(s) - Get further Forward & Move Into Channels, CM(a) - Move Into Channels

I've tried almost every role upfront with no good results I'm going for the DLF(a) next, but I've lots of shots off target (lots of freekicks too) and I think I'm missing some penetration up front not sure how to fix this? I think I need more passing options in the final third but I already have lots of players going forward! I didn't like my DLP(d) to be that deep so I'm going for a Regista with the PI's Get Further Forward & Dribble More, so I have to change my CM(s) to a CM(d). And I've changed my Mentality from Standard to Counter (which I'm not a great fan of because I like the balance of Standard)

Any tips, spotting flaws?

1 hour ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Might try a DLF A though so thanks for the suggestion.  I guess I can tinker the role for different players.  I did have a period when Sakho was banging them in from lovely through balls as a CF S but then he goes 6 or 7 games without scoring.  Might try the DLF A for Carroll as well because he has always been useless in FM for me because he is basically pigeon holed as a TM and can never get a lone TM to work in FM,.  To be honest I can't get a TM  to work in a two!!!

In 16 I found a DF S a good role for a 4141 but just can't get that role involved at all this year.

To be honest, that is why I suggested a DLF(A)- because that is about as close as you can get to a target man without using one. It doesn't attract the balls they way a targetman does and that mechanic has always given me problems. I found way too many turnovers were happening from players hoofing it in to him when I last used it, but in theory it fit what I wanted to see from the attack. That is how I came to use the DLF(A) and I was more or less happy with how it did, though I agree it isn't quite the same.

2 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I was playing like this:

TM(a)
IF (s) -------------------------- W(a)
CM(s) - CM(a)
DLP(d)
FB(a) - CD(d) - CD(d) - FB(s)
SK(a)

TI's: Standard Mentality, Very Fluid Shape, Play Out of Defence, Work Ball Into Box, Use Tighter Marking, Much Higher Defensive Line, Close Down Much More, Prevent Short GK Distribution

PI's: FB(a) - Stay Wider, CM(s) - Get further Forward & Move Into Channels, CM(a) - Move Into Channels

I've tried almost every role upfront with no good results I'm going for the DLF(a) next, but I've lots of shots off target (lots of freekicks too) and I think I'm missing some penetration up front not sure how to fix this? I think I need more passing options in the final third but I already have lots of players going forward! I didn't like my DLP(d) to be that deep so I'm going for a Regista with the PI's Get Further Forward & Dribble More, so I have to change my CM(s) to a CM(d). And I've changed my Mentality from Standard to Counter (which I'm not a great fan of because I like the balance of Standard)

Any tips, spotting flaws?

Why do you have your midfielders moving into channels?

I play similar tactic with a few small differences here and there. All my front 5 have PI to shoot less often. Both IF sit narrower and both WB stay wide. 

My striker is either CF-S or F9, depending if the opposition uses DMC or not.

SK-S

2 x WB-A

2x CD-D

DM-D or HB-D

CM-A and CM-S

IF-A and IF-S

CF-S or F9-S

I try to give my players as many options as possible, so they don't shoot that often. But occasionally there may be a game where it happens. I accept it.

1 hour ago, BadAss88 said:

Because I want them to move into free space to be available as a passing option? Or do I interprete the 'Move Into Channels' instruction wrong?

No, they will look to get into the space between the center of the field and the touchline area where a winger normally runs, so your CMs should be going wider off the ball with that instruction.

In terms of penetration and shot selection, you have an IF on support duty, which means he is a transition player, not a shooter primarily, and will look to play others in. Your other man is  winger on attack who is going to go wide and look for crosses from very deep (same with your attacking FB). Your TM often plays with his back to the goal looking to receive balls played in. In terms of straight ahead penetration, your CM(A) looks to be it and he will be a later arrival. So you do have players going forward, but pay attention to where they are going forward to, if you get my meaning.

On 27 November 2016 at 20:57, herne79 said:

Have a look at the Player Instruction screen for the wingback (or any role for that matter) and watch how the blue mentality bar moves as you change Team Shape.  With all else being equal, that will give you an indication about how forward minded the player will be.

Wheres that mentality bar?!

2 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Because I want them to move into free space to be available as a passing option? Or do I interprete the 'Move Into Channels' instruction wrong?

They may be in free open space but are they in dangerous areas where they offer support and/or penetration? Are they offering passing/crossing options for the IF and Winger? This is what you should watch for. Remember, keep it simple with the instructions, especially the player instructions. Your Team Instructions look good, very similar to mine, but don't overload the players with individual instructions. Let the creativity and fluidity of the Very Fluid shape, plus their attributes, dictate how they play. Watch matches in full if you have to and see if the players in goal scoring positions and if their teammates recognize that and play them in.

Does Retain Possession and Pass Into Space work together?

Will my players play a patient game and pass the ball around and then try a killer ball only when there's a very good chance of completing that pass or will these two TIs just cancel each other out?

Another question -- when I choose the mentality Defensive, my CDs closing down PI goes down to Much Less. There is no option to select Sometimes and the other two options are More and Much More... am I correct to assume that in this case, Sometimes = Much More?

25 minutes ago, Artin said:

Another question -- when I choose the mentality Defensive, my CDs closing down PI goes down to Much Less. There is no option to select Sometimes and the other two options are More and Much More... am I correct to assume that in this case, Sometimes = Much More?

Yes, because individual PI are described as relative to where the team closing down is. I hope there is a UI improvement there because it has caused some confusion for many people.

2 hours ago, Artin said:

Does Retain Possession and Pass Into Space work together?

Will my players play a patient game and pass the ball around and then try a killer ball only when there's a very good chance of completing that pass or will these two TIs just cancel each other out?

Retain reduces risky passes, pass into space increases risky passes, so you get a setting as if you've never touched them EXCEPT retain shortens passing length, so that will remain.

7 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Considering the role options for the center midfielders, what role is more similar to what is known as the False 8 ?

There is no such role, it's just people like to add fancy titles and tags to particular things to seem like a hipster, the false 8 is just a buzz word and relates to someone from midfield who scores much more regularly than he creates.

4 hours ago, Cleon said:

There is no such role, it's just people like to add fancy titles and tags to particular things to seem like a hipster, the false 8 is just a buzz word and relates to someone from midfield who scores much more regularly than he creates.

5 hours ago, Cleon said:

a.k.a. "The Stevie G"

Hi everyone,

Do the tackling instructions have any effect other than the amount of aggression displayed? What I want to know is if staying on feet will essentially ask my defenders to 'stand' against opponents running with the ball, thus combined with 'show onto weaker foot' they shouldn't be beaten as easily as they would if they 'got stuck in' and dived into tackles.

10 hours ago, sirmikey said:

Hi everyone,

Do the tackling instructions have any effect other than the amount of aggression displayed? What I want to know is if staying on feet will essentially ask my defenders to 'stand' against opponents running with the ball, thus combined with 'show onto weaker foot' they shouldn't be beaten as easily as they would if they 'got stuck in' and dived into tackles.

Stay on feet tells them not to tackle as often- I am working on memory here, but I think it basically tells them not to go for the tackle unless its pretty much as sure bet to win the ball, whereas the default setting will tackle at 50/50 balls, get stuck in is to go for it regardless of the odds. What I am trying to remember is how it was put to me a while back-50/50 balls is default, stay on feet, 75/25 balls, get stuck in 25/75? I could be talking rubbish with those numbers but they are what is swirling about in my head. They will still challenge the ball carrier and press according to your instructions, but right, they shouldn't be beaten as easily. Then again, you will pass up some chances to win the ball back but as with everything, risk v reward :)

Whenever I use a BWM he's guaranteed to pick up a yellow card, and on average a red card every 4 games. I've tried 4 different players in this position with the same result. I've punished and fined them but it makes no difference. I've tried ones with high aggression, I've tried ones with low aggression - no change.

Are there any settings I can apply to reduce the cards, or do I need to avoid the role altogether?