Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Hello everyone.

Should i worrying about offside trap, when playing (in reason of injures, fatigue and so on) with new combination of central defender. Or it is all about tactical familiarity and players attributes?

There are no penalties for bringing a new player into the starting 11. It'll depend on his attributes, tactical familiarity and squad gelling.

so my best player is being played as an advanced playmaker which i great as i want him on the ball the most, but it annoys me they have shoot less stuck on, so which other role would people suggest to make him still the creator but more of a goal scoring threat?

Wide midfielder(att). Has try through ball often and get forward often. Also alot of options to make play an IF.

so my best player is being played as an advanced playmaker which i great as i want him on the ball the most, but it annoys me they have shoot less stuck on, so which other role would people suggest to make him still the creator but more of a goal scoring threat?
Surely they are mutually exclusive? If you want a player to be your creative fulcrum you do not want them wasting possession by taking shots when the could retain or recycle possession while they/the team look for a better scoring chance.

Are you seeing him not taking obvious chances to have a shot that does not include a low percentage effort from distance?

Have a read of this, I did a piece about getting my AMC to be more creative and to score more;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/427810-Meet-The-Attacking-Midfield-Playmaker

training question, my stars are good and the workloads are low, but there;s still space to get in a few more coaches which my board advices, but is there a reason to do this? (hire more)

training question, my stars are good and the workloads are low, but there;s still space to get in a few more coaches which my board advices, but is there a reason to do this? (hire more)

No reason, really. The bigger staff sizes are for bigger squads so they don't get spread too thin and lose effectiveness.

what attributes do people most value when looking for ass manager and under 21/18 managers?

I look for a) a coaching area I need to be better and try to find one with that first then b) Discipline, Determination, Motivating are a must for any coach then c) Working with youngsters. Helpful but not necessary are the Judging players attributes. I like to have them decent at this, but it is a simple matter to get your coach reports from a different person if they are poor talent evaluators :)

I look for a) a coaching area I need to be better and try to find one with that first then b) Discipline, Determination, Motivating are a must for any coach then c) Working with youngsters. Helpful but not necessary are the Judging players attributes. I like to have them decent at this, but it is a simple matter to get your coach reports from a different person if they are poor talent evaluators :)

for the youth team managers, do you think any paticular attribute effects their development?

what's the point in under 21 coaches? if they share training with the first team they seem to share coaches and stars etc why can you hire under 21 coaches i don't see what they do?

for the youth team managers, do you think any paticular attribute effects their development?

Whose development, the manager or the players? If you mean players, then working with youngsters being high will make their training more effective, otherwise, the DDM as I mentioned above is key for getting high star ratings, and then whatever area you want that manager to coach in- attack, shooting etc. then that should be high. All of the relevant attributes affect youth development on the training pitch.

I have a huge problem defending indirect free kicks. My players consistently takes a a quite high defensive line and try to do some type of offside trap. Opponents are always aiming the freekick to the far post, and they always have a player who runs into the open space and unmarked finishes towards goal while my players will remain in the high defense just standing there. I have tried diffrent instructions for my players, like go back and man mark but the same thing happens over and over again.

And no, i dont have offside trap as a TI and usually plays with a deep defensive line.

How come I cant select PPM training for about half my players? The option is just not there. I am playing as Villareal in the second season.

How come I cant select PPM training for about half my players? The option is just not there. I am playing as Villareal in the second season.

Tutoring could be a possible reason.

Hello everyone.

I have two questions

1) I very often reading about increasing of frequency of forward runs. But with what setting i could achieve this? Get further forward or more attack duties?

2) i read before, that move into channels makes player to look a vertical spaces (between midfield and defence) and get further forward makes players to look a horisontal spaces (between cd and fb). Is it correct?

So if they are tutoring or are being tutored you cant train ppm?

Correct.

Hello everyone.

I have two questions

1) I very often reading about increasing of frequency of forward runs. But with what setting i could achieve this? Get further forward or more attack duties?

2) i read before, that move into channels makes player to look a vertical spaces (between midfield and defence) and get further forward makes players to look a horisontal spaces (between cd and fb). Is it correct?

1 - More than likely, Attack duties, as they will the attempt these runs Often instead or Sometimes.

2 - The other way around. Getting forward should immediately tell you that we're not talking horizontally. The channel is the vertical space between DC and DR/DL. Get Further Forward just asks a player to be further forward though. The instruction doesn't ask him to look for space.

HUNT3R,

Thanks for the answer.

But why Inside Forward or Winger haven't "move into channels" instructions? But BBM or CM have. Opposite situation looks much more logical for me.

Also, it is possible in CM isntructions to turn on at the same moment and "hold position" and "move into channels". What behavior it will be. How he will running between DC and DR/DL if he (CM!) have to hold position?

Does someone know how to achieve a half pitch press in a medium block and how to translate it in fm?

Ty

anyone tried to play with 2 TM? I just swapped to smply 442 with 2 target mans as Aston Villa (Kozak+Gestede) and I smash the league. After implement this tactic in 1st January, I loss one game vs Chelsea away and draw one vs Leicester home. Rest of matches won including away vs Arsenal and United. It seems so overpowered.

just finished a training camp and got a message saying the coaches are worried about a decline in squad harmony during the camp, anyone else seen this?

different coaches with the sam tac know nd JPA give completely different opp instruction, what do people look out for in who to listen to?

HUNT3R,

Thanks for the answer.

But why Inside Forward or Winger haven't "move into channels" instructions? But BBM or CM have. Opposite situation looks much more logical for me.

Also, it is possible in CM isntructions to turn on at the same moment and "hold position" and "move into channels". What behavior it will be. How he will running between DC and DR/DL if he (CM!) have to hold position?

Because they're already wide. You can select Sit Narrower anyway, if you want them narrower.

It does what it says on the tin. The player will hold position (not make runs forward) but still drift toward the channel.

different coaches with the sam tac know nd JPA give completely different opp instruction, what do people look out for in who to listen to?

What do you think is important & why?

Do you think it is always wise to do what your coaches tell you? If yes do you also follow their advice on what formation & team instructions to use or do you create your own system?

What is your opinion in using DLP and AP at the same time in a formation or multiple playmakers within the same formation?

How would you make them fully functional together.

For me, now in 2025 with juventus i see way to many Deep L.playmakers which forces me to either sell, or try and use x2 DLP + 1 advanced playmaker (since i also got to many of those).

I focus mostly on req. youngsters and its because of this i have ended up in this situation. Letting my Dof handle the req of new talents and bringing them to the club seems to have backfired a little

bit now.

What is your opinion in using DLP and AP at the same time in a formation or multiple playmakers within the same formation?

How would you make them fully functional together.

For me, now in 2025 with juventus i see way to many Deep L.playmakers which forces me to either sell, or try and use x2 DLP + 1 advanced playmaker (since i also got to many of those).

I focus mostly on req. youngsters and its because of this i have ended up in this situation. Letting my Dof handle the req of new talents and bringing them to the club seems to have backfired a little

bit now.

As long as the playmakers all operate in their own space, it should be fine. Two DLPs may well not do that though.

As long as the playmakers all operate in their own space, it should be fine. Two DLPs may well not do that though.

Playing with the normal 4231 where the 3 sentral are x2 DPL and 1 APM

What do you think is important & why?

Do you think it is always wise to do what your coaches tell you? If yes do you also follow their advice on what formation & team instructions to use or do you create your own system?

i didn't explain,different coaches are giving me completely different advice even with the same ratings for tactics etc when it comes to opp instructions, how does this work? why do some give advice to close down a certain amount nd another to hard tackle?

i was using the advice last season for opp instruction nd it worked well but now have two coaches with same ratings nd wondering why different advice?

Each coach will have a preferred style & mentality which will affect how they would approach the game & therefore change what instructions they would employ if they were in your position, it's left to you to decide who might be offering the best advice or whether you should choose team, player & opposition instruction that you believe to be more appropriate for the match.

Also for the love the God it's 'and' not 'nd'. :D Please think of the children and those who do not use English as their first language.

Playing with the normal 4231 where the 3 sentral are x2 DPL and 1 APM

On paper that would suggest that they will all look to control the game in similar areas of the pitch, have you tried the setup in a match & if so what behaviour did you see from your midfield three?

It does what it says on the tin. The player will hold position (not make runs forward) but still drift toward the channel.

But in my opinion space between CD and FB is pretty far from CMs. While he will drift toward the channel without forward run, attack comes to end. Where am I wrong?

Key Pass is "the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring. On their own as an isolated stat they tell you nothing about your system really.

So pre-assist figures, for lack of better term?

Im getting like 40-50 a game in my possession asymetric, jsut thought it was high.

Stupid question here.

I'm using a 4-2-4 system, and sometimes my fullbacks have low scores after the match (I've seen 6.4, 6.2 and such). In one of these situations, I warned the player in question and told him that he played badly; the response was something like: "the midfield wasn't helping" -- I wasn't really expecting that.

Now, I'm not looking for something thorough, just some suggestions. I'm trying to put up a system with some emphasis in attack without using any kind of TI, Standard/Flexible:

G(D)

FB(S) CD(D) CD(D) FB(S)

CM(D) BBM(S)

IF(A) CF(S) AF(A) W(A)

I'm using fullbacks on support because I feel that if I change to a more attacking role, the defense suffers a lot. Which midfield partnerships work well with fullbacks on support? Should I change the midfield to the DM strata with perhaps more agressive roles? On the other hand, without a BBM, I might loose the connection with the attack. Any suggestions?

They were probably right, AML/R with attack duties suggest that they will often have been left exposed on the flanks, to achieve a system with an attacking emphasis while protecting your defence from counter attacks you are going to have to consider dropping players back to your midfield line & using TIs & PIs to then add attacking intent when in possession.

Probably not much I can do but does anyone have any ideas about how to stop players running away from a throw in? Too often players back away to receive the ball thus meaning an opponent nips in front and a counter attack opportunity occurs for the opposition, especially because it takes your full back (taking throw in) and usually half the midfield out of the game. Basics really and very frustrating and as far as I can see no way to get them to move towards the ball.

Some of my players dribble the ball too long and get dispossessed. Is there an attribute or PPM that causes this? And is there something I can do to get them to pass the ball before they lose it?

Thanks

Some of my players dribble the ball too long and get dispossessed. Is there an attribute or PPM that causes this? And is there something I can do to get them to pass the ball before they lose it?

Thanks

Maybe tell them to dribble less.

Does player condition take into account sprints vs jogs or is it just based on distance covered (assuming no injuries)?

Thanks

...also there are indeed 'runs with ball' ppms, have you checked the players in question? You'd need to retrain them to stop it if you want them to refrain completely.

Does player condition take into account sprints vs jogs or is it just based on distance covered (assuming no injuries)?

It's just run/walk, a change to account for intensity is on the to do list at SI Towers.

The above was correct as of FM15 however in do to believe any changes were introduced for FM16.

It's just run/walk, a change to account for intensity is on the to do list at SI Towers.

The above was correct as of FM15 however in do to believe any changes were introduced for FM16.

Ah, so there's no different condition penalty for running vs walking? I'm only asking because I switched to a counter formation for a few matches and noticed my WBA constantly sprinting back into position with no real impact on his condition.

There is for running v walking but they are the only states of movement, afaik there is no change in how much it takes out of a player to jog, run or sprint & that a player could do full sprint doggies with no drop in speed until they run out of energy(condition).

There is for running v walking but they are the only states of movement, afaik there is no change in how much it takes out of a player to jog, run or sprint & that a player could do full sprint doggies with no drop in speed until they run out of energy(condition).

Ok, got it.

Ah, so there's no different condition penalty for running vs walking? I'm only asking because I switched to a counter formation for a few matches and noticed my WBA constantly sprinting back into position with no real impact on his condition.

This is one area I hope gets some attention- it is hard to notice ingame condition drops in terms of play which in turn makes it hard to employ strategies to tire out opponents or take advantage of team with a heavy schedule.