Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

About 95% of my goals are conceded due to 2 reasons

1) Crosses/Corners into the box where the opposition striker gets a free header

2) A shot that is either saved/blocked/hits the post and falls right back at the attackers feet for a easy tap in whilst none of my defenders move.

How can I reduce these happening? I play a 4-1-4-1 FB (S) - CB (D) - CD (D) - FB (S) with a A (D) in front of them. WM (S) are in the LM and RM spots but do not help whatsoever in defending crosses.

2) A shot that is either saved/blocked/hits the post and falls right back at the attackers feet for a easy tap in whilst none of my defenders move.

How can I reduce these happening? I play a 4-1-4-1 FB (S) - CB (D) - CD (D) - FB (S) with a A (D) in front of them. WM (S) are in the LM and RM spots but do not help whatsoever in defending crosses.

What's your corner defending setup? Are your players tall enough?

What's your corner defending setup? Are your players tall enough?

CBs marking tall player, 4 players marking 6 yard box, 1 player upfront, rest on go back. And yeah they are tall for the level I'm at :)

Ideally you focus on the players providing the crosses and either mark them out of the game to be less effective or cut off the supply they receive. Your wide players at LM and RM should be dealing better with marking the oppositions wide players. How come yours aren't helping out?

CBs marking tall player, 4 players marking 6 yard box, 1 player upfront, rest on go back. And yeah they are tall for the level I'm at :)

So nobody marking the posts? If no, then I suggest you put 2 players on the post. And instead of a player upfront, I suggest putting him on the edge. You will need a Pirlo like pass to get the ball to your man upfront. If he is on the edge, he is closer to the passer and can also give you extra protection if the opposition has a man on the edge on the box.

If you think you can be a abit more attacking, you can set up like how I do. 1 on the edge, 1 forward. If there is no opposition on the edge, your player will have more time to pick out a pass to the man forward.

The F9 seems to shoot more often for some reason. Don't matter what version. Hasn't it been fixed for this year's FM?? Don't know but...

Have you tried the "Shoot Less Often" PI??

I have yes, seemed to help as got hattrick in next game and wasn't wasting shots.

Is it even possible to play a 4-2-3-1 this year? Deep or wide...

My team is Chelsea and there's material to play a 4-2-3-1 but every team I'm up against plays the **** out of me! For real? Yes some say, irl teams do that I know but wft?

I don't use some fancy setup with loads of player roles/duties, just a simple setup. I must say the ME is crap all over, crosses like never before and the name should be "hoofball manager". Defenders acting like a chicken on speed, pressing all over the place. Well i'll stop here, so my question is does anyone have a balanced 4-2-3-1 or at least can show me one? Cheers ;)

My team is Chelsea and there's material to play a 4-2-3-1 but every team I'm up against plays the **** out of me! For real? Yes some say, irl teams do that I know but wft?

I don't use some fancy setup with loads of player roles/duties, just a simple setup. I must say the ME is crap all over, crosses like never before and the name should be "hoofball manager". Defenders acting like a chicken on speed, pressing all over the place. Well i'll stop here, so my question is does anyone have a balanced 4-2-3-1 or at least can show me one? Cheers ;)

Start a new thread showing your tactics then people can give you advice on what's wrong.

Is it still possible to set individual training to low/medium/high, or is that option gone this year? Sorry if it has already been asked.

It's removed.

There is also one more big change to this year’s game that many people will have already noticed and that is the ability to set an individual intensity level for a role focus or individual attribute focus. Instead, this is reflected under “Individual Training Workload”(can be seen on both Training > Individual and Development > Training). This will update as you add/remove further areas of training, eg. an additional focus or a PPM.

Those are the two main changes for this year and both are welcome changes by me, especially the squad personality influence because it means you need to focus on squad building and get players with desirable personality types because if they have bad ones, you don’t want them rubbing off on your youth players do you?!!

Might need a bit more detail than that. Open up a new thread and then we'll talk

Hi,

I you player a higher line should you always use offside trap, or will leaving this unticked mean that your defenders concentrate on their attackers rather than playing as a unit and trying to catch them offside.

Thx

Ideally you focus on the players providing the crosses and either mark them out of the game to be less effective or cut off the supply they receive. Your wide players at LM and RM should be dealing better with marking the oppositions wide players. How come yours aren't helping out?

Crosses typically come in from the opposition's LM/RM and at times from the full backs or a striker running wide. My fullbacks, who are almost always in a decent position, do not block the cross at all whilst my LM/RM are high up the pitch doing nothing :(

Crosses typically come in from the opposition's LM/RM and at times from the full backs or a striker running wide. My fullbacks, who are almost always in a decent position, do not block the cross at all whilst my LM/RM are high up the pitch doing nothing :(

New thread with pictures and some more analysis : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/446511-Help-with-defending-Crosses-Corners?p=10626890#post10626890

Bought a wonderkid in January. Plays like 10-12 games for me, then damages his achilles. Out for 4 months. Since it is near the end of the year, thats really only like a month or 6 weeks or game time, then summer break and a bit of next preseason. How badly will this affect his development?

EDIT: He was 18 at time of purchase, is now 19 come end of the season.

Bought a wonderkid in January. Plays like 10-12 games for me, then damages his achilles. Out for 4 months. Since it is near the end of the year, thats really only like a month or 6 weeks or game time, then summer break and a bit of next preseason. How badly will this affect his development?

EDIT: He was 18 at time of purchase, is now 19 come end of the season.

It can set development back and it can also see an initial drop in attributes. But once he regains full fitness and it playing again, then they should rise again.

Probably really obvious but can't work out how to retrain a players position this year... can anyone advise? Thanks in advance!

Probably really obvious but can't work out how to retrain a players position this year... can anyone advise? Thanks in advance!

On the training screen where it says "playing position" is a drop down menu where you can select all positions and roles from a list. Set a new one and he will begin training both the new position and the attributes for the role you selected.

Hello guys.

Can a CM (a) used in the same side as an IF(a)/Raumdeuter or would they occupy the same space?

Thanks

It can set development back and it can also see an initial drop in attributes. But once he regains full fitness and it playing again, then they should rise again.

Thanks, glad to hear it!

Maybe it's been asked and answered already but I would like to know the following:

What is the default roaming set to when neither "Roam From Positions" or "Stick to Positions" is selected as TI/PI and none of the following roles are chosen - CWB, RPM, RGA, BBM, RMD, CF? Would it be correct to assume that in that case none of the other roles have players Roaming? Then what does "Stick to Positions" do to players with non-roaming roles and players with roaming roles?

I hope it's clear what I'm asking and making sense....:D

Jean thanks for your reply.

Sorry, i didn't get it. You said they could be in each other way or not really?

Thaks.

Thaks.

It can work fine. I have often used a CM(A) on the same side as an IF(A) in a 4-3-3 and didn't see any problems with it. A lot, as always, depends on how you've set up around them and the players themselves. It can work, however, so you might as well give it a shot. As for the RD, he will drift wide a lot, so not a lot of even potential problems with the CM(A).

Thaks.

Not really. Just like Dr. Hook,said

Maybe it's been asked and answered already but I would like to know the following:

What is the default roaming set to when neither "Roam From Positions" or "Stick to Positions" is selected as TI/PI and none of the following roles are chosen - CWB, RPM, RGA, BBM, RMD, CF? Would it be correct to assume that in that case none of the other roles have players Roaming? Then what does "Stick to Positions" do to players with non-roaming roles and players with roaming roles?

Well, try it. I would say the Action and Roaming Radius is very limited ;) With Very Structured and everything stick to position you will have a very stationary tactic i guess ^^

I know this is an often asked question but I always forget the answer... Does the 'width' option in team instructions alter your side in the attacking or defensive phase? Or both?

The description in-game suggests it's regarding when you have the ball but it's not very clear.

I know this is an often asked question but I always forget the answer... Does the 'width' option in team instructions alter your side in the attacking or defensive phase? Or both?

The description in-game suggests it's regarding when you have the ball but it's not very clear.

When you have possession.

I don't feel this deserves its own thread but I'm looking for some advice. I've been having tons of fun with this system, as it started as a possession based thing but I was bored, so decided to make some major changes as I wanted a more aggressive style of football with playmakers transitioning the ball forward or breaking pattern with killer balls against high lines. Now though, I find myself at a crossroads, despite the results being great, I want to tempt faith and change the role of the left wing back, from support to attack. He does make runs forward and participate a lot in the final third already, but I'm finding myself greedy and want him to do even more, at the same time, my two centre back's will most likely be ****ed. I guess what I'm asking is, should I do it and change the Regista to a role that protects the defense more, should I risk it all and change the left wingback to attack and leave everything else as it is, or should I just not give in to my temptations and let it be?

m0rpWUa.png

Why not try it in a match and see what happens? Wait till you have a game against an inferior opponent so you don't get torn up by someone you need points over, and watch a half. You'll see fairly quickly if what you fear is coming to pass, or if the reward is worth the risk.

Why not try it in a match and see what happens? Wait till you have a game against an inferior opponent so you don't get torn up by someone you need points over, and watch a half. You'll see fairly quickly if what you fear is coming to pass, or if the reward is worth the risk.

That's what I normally do but so little time this week, thought I'd ask for advice until I can actually test it out.

It's probably been asked a thousand times over already but is there any way to stop conceding goals from crosses?

Example:

West%20Brom%20v%20Liverpool_%20Pitch%20Full_zpss3gqs1fb.png

The man in question is Martin Skrtel. Here's a screenshot of his attributes:

Martin%20Skrtel__zpslt1d4opk.png

As you can see from the above screenshot, he's not even goal side of his man. Trippier put the ball into the box and Sessegnon scored a tap-in to equalise for West Brom. I'd like to have seen Moreno close down more, especially with the 'Close Down More' TI active.

Seriously though, when will this be fixed?

Can anyone address this? Cleon? Dr. Hook? RTH?

Can anyone address this? Cleon? Dr. Hook? RTH?

As I understand it, the default is loosely stick to positions, so as to allow an amount of roaming within a small area related to the position. I am not 100% on this from empirical testing, but I believe it is the case.. If the role already has roaming, then roam from position TI won't do anything more. If stick to positions is selected, then player without roaming will very rigidly stick to their defined play area, while TI and PI are cumulative. So, a PI of roam, with a TI of stick to positions should see, based on my belief in the first sentence, some roaming, but not as much as usual. It is kind of weird, but I think that is what you are asking, and hopefully someone can be a bit more clear than I am on this.

That's what I normally do but so little time this week, thought I'd ask for advice until I can actually test it out.

Fair enough, so based on what you write, is how confident are you in your back two? I would opt for the risk if I thought it was going to add something to my attack- I regularly tempt fate with attacking fullbacks because I like what they do in that duty. If you are questionable about the back two against stronger opponents or certain shapes, then switching to an anchorman or DM(D) would certainly give you a bit of extra protection. What I might consider, in your shoes, since you are doing well, is leave the DM as a regista with the two attacking backs against weak teams, or teams that lack attacking width, and against the strong sides, or ones who major heavily on wing play, switch him to the more defensive DM role.

As I understand it, the default is loosely stick to positions, so as to allow an amount of roaming within a small area related to the position. I am not 100% on this from empirical testing, but I believe it is the case.. If the role already has roaming, then roam from position TI won't do anything more. If stick to positions is selected, then player without roaming will very rigidly stick to their defined play area, while TI and PI are cumulative. So, a PI of roam, with a TI of stick to positions should see, based on my belief in the first sentence, some roaming, but not as much as usual. It is kind of weird, but I think that is what you are asking, and hopefully someone can be a bit more clear than I am on this.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I think you answer is somewhat in the right direction of what I'm looking for. I think we need more understanding about Roaming because it is a bit unclear and confusing. There are still some instructions like those that are confusing me. Maybe I'm thinking too much and over-thinking it........

I would still be interested to hear from the others what they think on the subject.

Fair enough, so based on what you write, is how confident are you in your back two? I would opt for the risk if I thought it was going to add something to my attack- I regularly tempt fate with attacking fullbacks because I like what they do in that duty. If you are questionable about the back two against stronger opponents or certain shapes, then switching to an anchorman or DM(D) would certainly give you a bit of extra protection. What I might consider, in your shoes, since you are doing well, is leave the DM as a regista with the two attacking backs against weak teams, or teams that lack attacking width, and against the strong sides, or ones who major heavily on wing play, switch him to the more defensive DM role.

Something to think about until I can dive in again. Thank you, perspective appreciated!

My AP has an Attack Duty and get futher forward but drops deep when I'm in posseion. I don't know why.

Then he is often beside the DM.

image.png

My AP has an Attack Duty and get futher forward but drops deep when I'm in posseion. I don't know why.

image.png

What are his PPMs?

image.png

Do you have any roaming instruction ?

Hi everyone. I wonder what if I choose work ball into box when I use a CWB ? He normally a lot crosses and I can not reduce it with PI but what if I use work ball into box ?

Hi everyone. I wonder what if I choose work ball into box when I use a CWB ? He normally a lot crosses and I can not reduce it with PI but what if I use work ball into box ?

Why not use the wingback role? I believe with the PIs, he can be customised as a CWB too.

I'm sorry but I need a place to vent without drawing too much attention to myself

y1nFoG3.png[/img]

just when you think you have a tactic sorted...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not use the wingback role? I believe with the PIs, he can be customised as a CWB too.

CWB is just an example. WB also has cross more often. What I asked here, work ball into box affect to them ?

Work Ball Into Box reduces crossing tendencies for all players.