Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

I've only just downloaded the demo so forgive this dumb question.

I like to play 4-3-3 with the two outside midfield players (mcl & mcr) running wide with the ball, but in FM16 I can just not see that option, has it been removed?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hello guys.

Does these roles and duties distribution work in theory? (same formation as Cleon's in Enganche thread but with some differente roles):

DL - FB attack

RWB - WB attack

DC- CD Defend

DC - CD Defend

DMC - HB

MCL - BWM support

MCR - BBM

AMC - SS

AML - IF attack

STCR - CF support

Thanks!

Would an Enganche through the middle and an AP-S on the flank work together in a 4231 in theory? The other flank will have a IF.

Hello guys.

Does these roles and duties distribution work in theory? (same formation as Cleon's in Enganche thread but with some differente roles):

DL - FB attack

RWB - WB attack

DC- CD Defend

DC - CD Defend

DMC - HB

MCL - BWM support

MCR - BBM

AMC - SS

AML - IF attack

STCR - CF support

Thanks!

Try it and see. I say it all the time but most things look okay on paper, it's not until you try it in game with the players you have if you know if it'll work or not.

Would a Enganche through the middle and an AP-S on the flank work together in a 4231 in theory? The other flank will have a IF.

Same as above. Why deal with theory when it will take you seconds to see in game if it works for you or not?

Yeah I should have probably done that myself. Will post my findings later today!

Thanks Cleon. Yes i will try it when i get home.

A HB will behave like a central defender when the team have the ball, correct? But will he also act like that when defending?

I've only just downloaded the demo so forgive this dumb question.

I like to play 4-3-3 with the two outside midfield players (mcl & mcr) running wide with the ball, but in FM16 I can just not see that option, has it been removed?

Any assistance with the above would be appreciated.

Any assistance with the above would be appreciated.

Yeah, there is no longer that option in the personal instructions.

Stupid question - My English isn't that great, so this is a really dumb one...

"Lateral" movement means side-to-side right?

Is that what Moves into channels encourages?

Lateral is side to side. Move into Channels sort of does this, but really it is more looking for runs in spaces that are open between defenders, which are generally lateral, but don't have to be- it depends a lot on how the defense is set up.

Yeah, there is no longer that option in the personal instructions.
Cheers, thought I was going mad looking for it. Thanks again :-)

What is different between 'move into channels' and 'roam from position'. What would I aspect to my player (who has one of them or both) ? Can anyone explain to me please ? Thank you.

What is different between 'move into channels' and 'roam from position'. What would I aspect to my player (who has one of them or both) ? Can anyone explain to me please ? Thank you.

Roam from position means the player will have a free role and look to find space away from his set position. Moves into channels is the space between the fullback and central defender.

Roam from position means the player will have a free role and look to find space away from his set position. Moves into channels is the space between the fullback and central defender.

Thank you Cleon. So with roam from position player can move backward, forward or sideways away from position, with moves into channels player will be in the space more likely. Am I clear ?

Game 1: I win 4-1. I have 27 shots, 16 on target, 5 CCC's. Opposition has 5 (1) shots. Dominating everything - all good.

Game 2: I lose 0-3. The opposition has 32 shots, I have 4.

I just don't know how to react to things like this. How can your team go from one extreme to another in just a few days? If you any of you guys had these two games back to back, would you change your tactics?

Thank you Cleon. So with roam from position player can move backward, forward or sideways away from position, with moves into channels player will be in the space more likely. Am I clear ?

Yes.

Game 1: I win 4-1. I have 27 shots, 16 on target, 5 CCC's. Opposition has 5 (1) shots. Dominating everything - all good.

Game 2: I lose 0-3. The opposition has 32 shots, I have 4.

I just don't know how to react to things like this. How can your team go from one extreme to another in just a few days? If you any of you guys had these two games back to back, would you change your tactics?

It's an extreme change in fortunes, but without context, it's hard to comment. We'd need to understand who you'd played and where (home or away), and we'd obviously need to see if the system you use has anything which might exacerbate the dramatic change.

If I instruct (via PI's) a WM-S to "get further forward" does he essentially take up the same attacking threat as a WM-A would, who has that PI ticked on by default?

Or does the WM-S with that PI basically play like... somewhere between a normal WM-S and WM-A ?

Cheers.

Hello guys.

What's the point of instruct a IF-A to sit narrower? Wouldn't that be taking away the effectiveness and purpose of that role (explore the space by cutting inside)?

Guest El Payaso

Does dribble less instruction affect also on those files that are hard-coded to dribble lot?

Does dribble less instruction affect also on those files that are hard-coded to dribble lot?

Are you talking about the PPMs? If so, then no, the PPM is a tendency that overrides player and team instructions

Hello guys.

What's the point of instruct a IF-A to sit narrower? Wouldn't that be taking away the effectiveness and purpose of that role (explore the space by cutting inside)?

Not really. If you are using a wide formation to start with, then you could be looking for him to occupy a space between defenders. He will still be out wider than a central AM, so will still cut inside, but he won't be coming in from as far. It can be a useful instruction if there is a specific area of the pitch you want to exploit.

Guest El Payaso
Are you talking about the PPMs? If so, then no, the PPM is a tendency that overrides player and team instructions

No I mean the team instruction "dribble less".

I didn't know where to put this!

How about a sticky of threads which emulate real life tactics? I know I'm always searching the forum for historic tactics and such and I can't always find them, it'd be nice to just be able to check a sticky for the style I wanted to read about. Maybe up to the discretion of the moderating staff as to what gets added.

I'm thinking threads like Barcelona my interpretation, Sacchi, the magical magyars thread that kind of thing. There's a lot of great threads which are long off the first page.

Not really. If you are using a wide formation to start with, then you could be looking for him to occupy a space between defenders. He will still be out wider than a central AM, so will still cut inside, but he won't be coming in from as far. It can be a useful instruction if there is a specific area of the pitch you want to exploit.

Thank you.

I want a striker who scores a lot of goals, but also holds the ball. The crosses should come from the backs.

I currently have this setup but my striker doesn't score a lot.

GK (D)

WB (A)

CD (D)

BPD (D)

WB (A)

RGA (O)

CM (A)

AP (A)

IF (O)

IF (O)

DLF (O) - dribble less, move into channels, shoot more often

Fluid, Controlling

Normal tempo, wide, defnsive line little higher, offside yes, close down more, prevent shot gk distribution, tigther marking, get stuck in, play out defense, pass into space, shorter passing, retain possesion, look for overlap, work ball into box, mixed crosses, run at defense

I asked in Cleon's possession thread but didn't get a good answer - what's the difference between a Regista and a Roaming Playmaker other than you can use RPM as a MC and RGA only as DM?

So, I'm under the impression that compared to former games in the FM-series, this years copy is by far the hardest one, thanks to the tactics part, I'm not a player who wants to spend 5 mins before each games contemplating how my team is going to play and what role is player is going to have, simply because I don't find this very amusing. I prefer to play in a faster tempo and develop talents and buy/sell players. Call it a cheat or not but I usually download others tactics and play with the instant result button. It has led me to very enjoyable saves on FM14 and FM15. Currently no matter what I try I end up getting sacked before 2015 turns into 2016. I was just wondering I guess if there is any words on the difficulty of the AI this year and if it's possible to play like I did on the earlier games or if the future is that you have to put so much focus on the tactics?

Sorry for my ignorance but whats the meaning of attribute numbers like 14-17 for example? I've never played FM2015 till a few days ago and that attribute numbering is confusing me.

Does it mean it needs scouting to know the exact number?

Thanks.

I asked in Cleon's possession thread but didn't get a good answer - what's the difference between a Regista and a Roaming Playmaker other than you can use RPM as a MC and RGA only as DM?

The games descriptions give you a great idea of how the roles differ and what they offer. The Regista is a Pirlo type of character pulling the strings from deep and looking to play the ball to the attackers. A Roaming Playmaker is like a box to box midfielder but one who is creative. They offer a passing option and also drive forward with the ball. They're a lot more attack minded than a Regista and can often be found in and around the oppositions area.

Sorry for my ignorance but whats the meaning of attribute numbers like 14-17 for example? I've never played FM2015 till a few days ago and that attribute numbering is confusing me.

Does it mean it needs scouting to know the exact number?

Thanks.

That's down to scouting yeah. It's because you have fog of war enabled.

If i ask a coach to start a ppm on a certain player and he comes back to me with the answer"I don't see player x capable of doing that, he would be better trying this instead" If i ignore his advice and tell him to go ahead with the ppm that i need for that player will he gain that ppm or will he always fail.

Example,I want my striker to learn "comes deep to get the ball" but my coach doesnt think he is suited to it (what does he know anyway!!)and he thinks he should learn some other ppm that isnt suited to my tactic.

I've told him to go ahead with my request anyway but he doesn't think it will work.

If i ask a coach to start a ppm on a certain player and he comes back to me with the answer"I don't see player x capable of doing that, he would be better trying this instead" If i ignore his advice and tell him to go ahead with the ppm that i need for that player will he gain that ppm or will he always fail.

Example,I want my striker to learn "comes deep to get the ball" but my coach doesnt think he is suited to it (what does he know anyway!!)and he thinks he should learn some other ppm that isnt suited to my tactic.

I've told him to go ahead with my request anyway but he doesn't think it will work.

It's just advice at the end of the day it doesn't mean he is right or correct. There's still a good chance he will learn it.

Lateral is side to side. Move into Channels sort of does this, but really it is more looking for runs in spaces that are open between defenders, which are generally lateral, but don't have to be- it depends a lot on how the defense is set up.

Thank you.

Is it possible to save opposition instructions? if so, then how is it done?

How important in FM is percentage of shots on target? Stupid question I know as obviously the more shots on target you have the more chance you have at scoring "but". I have read many times on these forums in some opinions that if you have less than around 50% of your shots on target then you are not creating enough good chances. Fair enough you would think but is that figure an unnecessarily high guess or is it a sensible marker for chance creation in FM? The reason I ask is that I have kept an eye on real life Premier League Match stats in the last few weeks and a team having 50% of their shots on target not a regularly high occurrence. In fact in the last two weeks of Premier League matches prior to today's Newcastle v Liverpool game only 11 teams out of 36 actually had 50% of their shots on target or around about that total. So within the game is 50% an unrealistic target to aim for?

So within the game is 50% an unrealistic target to aim for?

It's a figure that Cleon and I have always had in our heads. It's not a "rule" or anything, but feels like a decent benchmark to aspire to; Cleon tends to aim beyond 50%, whilst I'm happy with 50% and lazily include Blocked Shots in my total.

It's a figure that Cleon and I have always had in our heads. It's not a "rule" or anything, but feels like a decent benchmark to aspire to; Cleon tends to aim beyond 50%, whilst I'm happy with 50% and lazily include Blocked Shots in my total.

Guess it's where they come from as well. I'd be happier with 5 in the 6 yard box than 25 from outside the area!!

Is it possible to save opposition instructions? if so, then how is it done?

Go to tactics then select opposition instructions from the menu bar.

You have a list of every position and can add as many instructions as you wish.

With regards to shots on target, If I'm creating good chances inside the box but my players are not even hitting the target what can I do.

I know subbing them off is an option, but that isn't really viable 30 minutes into the game, Should I be using touchline shouts to encourage them/calm them down? remove work ball into box/add shoot on sight?

Go to tactics then select opposition instructions from the menu bar.

You have a list of every position and can add as many instructions as you wish.

Thanks, I did try that but when it comes to the game it hasn't saved the instructions for some reason or other.

If I instruct (via PI's) a WM-S to "get further forward" does he essentially take up the same attacking threat as a WM-A would, who has that PI ticked on by default?

Or does the WM-S with that PI basically play like... somewhere between a normal WM-S and WM-A ?

Cheers.

Reposting for clarity. Quite confusing this.

Reposting for clarity. Quite confusing this.

The difference in Mentality is more than just vertical positioning; risk taking as an example. So a WM (S) will Get Further Forward if instructed to, but won't just become the same overall as a WM (A) on the basis of that PI alone.

I posted earlier in the thread a similar question about shots on target, I also posted a screenshot of a game where I had 100% shots on target against chelsea. I cant remember the answer I got, but following on from going a fair amount of games with 90% + shots on target not including blocked shots I got fed up, dumped my tactic,went onto ignore stats and just play something that probably shouldnt work but wins me games.

I guess i'm trying to support that it isnt a definite rule to aim for the 50% but it is nice to see over it and with more shots on target the more goals do tend to be scored.

I can't help with that, never use them.
No probs, thanks for your reply regardless :-)

To anyone else that can help, is it possible to save OI's?

Never mind, I asked this on Twitter and you cannot save OI's. Pointless having the option on the tactics screen imo.

The difference in Mentality is more than just vertical positioning; risk taking as an example. So a WM (S) will Get Further Forward if instructed to, but won't just become the same overall as a WM (A) on the basis of that PI alone.

Cheers! Thanks RTH for clearing that up.

How do I cancel PPM training for a player?

Sure there used to be a red dash in last years game ... Seems like the only way to cancel is if the player gets injured