Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

I want to make Pogba unlearn his "dwells on ball" ppm. I asked my coach to do so, and he says he doubts Pogba will be able to unlearn, and that I should rather focus on teaching him "play one-two passes in order to change the pace of attack". Do I listen to my coach?

I want to make Pogba unlearn his "dwells on ball" ppm. I asked my coach to do so, and he says he doubts Pogba will be able to unlearn, and that I should rather focus on teaching him "play one-two passes in order to change the pace of attack". Do I listen to my coach?

I never do...and you shouldn't either. Those guys have the worst advice at times

This is an interesting part of FM16 that I haven't worked out as yet. For example one of my players Manuel Lanzini is down as "accomplished" as a central midfielder. However on all CM roles bar one he is either "awkward" or "unconvincing". Only as a AP is he listed as "competent" but that is as high as his apparent ability in the CM roles go, so it begs the question as to why he is listed as "accomplished" in CM? Time and experimentation will tell I guess.

However obviously this will be the case for many a player in many a role. Does this mean in FM16 that you have to be meticulous in where you play a player and what role you give him? Plus when making substitutions or rotating your squad does this mean that a role change is needed to get the best out of players within a formation>? Obviously a role change could make any tactic or philosophy play totally different!!

So just in peoples early experience of FM how big an effect does playing a player in a role he is not "natural" at have or are we going down the road of having to have at least two identical players for each position if you want a consistent formation, shape and philosophy?

I should know the answer but I'm suffering a memory blank - apologies!!

training for say half back trains all the key attributes for that role - this much I know :)

If you select under additional focus another attribute (whether part of the key role or not) what affect will it have in the main role training ..... If any?

Cheers

How can I analyze my squad stats after a season? In the squad overview I don't see things like mistakes, pass completion, heading won ratio. I only get this in the league player stats, but there only for the whole league and not only for my team. Isn't it possible to get these stats only for the team?

Regards

Volker

How can I analyze my squad stats after a season? In the squad overview I don't see things like mistakes, pass completion, heading won ratio. I only get this in the league player stats, but there only for the whole league and not only for my team. Isn't it possible to get these stats only for the team?

Regards

Volker

Hi mate

You can add these to your squad view - go to the section that displays either stats, contract., general info etc and select the custom option at the top. You can then add whichever stats you'd like to see on your squad page, then put them in whichever order you prefer to view them.

Only just discovered this late into last years game but I now have about 15-20 stats showing which gives me pretty much all I need for an overview :)

Hi mate

You can add these to your squad view - go to the section that displays either stats, contract., general info etc and select the custom option at the top. You can then add whichever stats you'd like to see on your squad page, then put them in whichever order you prefer to view them.

Only just discovered this late into last years game but I now have about 15-20 stats showing which gives me pretty much all I need for an overview :)

Hi,

I can add stats there, I know. But such important stats like mistakes, pass completion, heading won rate are not available. Or I didn't find it?

Sure mistakes is there and heading, definitely pass completion - select stats from the drop down and check there

Which one is better, train player to compliance with tactical role or setting the tactic role according player best role ?

Sure mistakes is there and heading, definitely pass completion - select stats from the drop down and check there

Can you please post a screenshot? Maybe the reason is, I'm playing FM-Touch and there ist is not available?

Can you please post a screenshot? Maybe the reason is, I'm playing FM-Touch and there ist is not available?

That might be it mate sadly - I'm talking about full-fat FM

It's in FMT. If you go Analysis > Players and select the guy you want to look at, that brings up a box of stuff to choose from like Shots, Passes, Crosses and Mistakes is at the bottom of the list. Mistakes include Missed interceptions, lost ball, lost challenge, handball etc.

It's in FMT. If you go Analysis > Players and select the guy you want to look at, that brings up a box of stuff to choose from like Shots, Passes, Crosses and Mistakes is at the bottom of the list. Mistakes include Missed interceptions, lost ball, lost challenge, handball etc.

You mean Prozone - Analysis - Players?

But this is only for one Match available. I wan't a list over a complete Season.

Maybe not a stupid question really, but are inverted wingbacks working as they should be yet?

Maybe not a stupid question really, but are inverted wingbacks working as they should be yet?

Yes, but a wingback who mainly looks to cut inside with the ball just isn't a terribly useful idea.

How much of an effect does playing a central player on his non-preferred side?

I'm fairly certain the side preferences just exist to help the AI accurately portray certain clubs.

Okay cheers.Have to say I don't notice much difference in performance for playing a player on his non-preferred side so that probably makes sense. I can see where it would be an issue (right footed only CB's with low composure and/or decisions playing on the left side maybe?) but the actual side preference doesn't seem to affect their performances, statistically at least.

Is there a Prozone Analysis guide anywhere?

I've watched Foxy's youtube videos and it makes a bit more sense but I would really benefit from a written guide.

Yes, but a wingback who mainly looks to cut inside with the ball just isn't a terribly useful idea.

Tell that to Pep! Oh is it just a with the ball movement? Do they do it off the ball, for example stay in a central area when your play advances further forward or drift wider? I know they'll go back to the more standard FB position when the opposition win the ball back.

Tell that to Pep! Oh is it just a with the ball movement? Do they do it off the ball, for example stay in a central area when your play advances further forward or drift wider? I know they'll go back to the more standard FB position when the opposition win the ball back.

No, love third man FB runs inside and wish it would happen more often in the ME, but the IWB's distinctive behaviour is pretty much totally with-ball.

If you use the More Roaming instruction with a Control/Fluid tactic does it actually increase roaming further or is your roaming at max anyway?

So it's just Mentality that affects roaming? I always thought fluid and very fluid increased roaming.

You learn something new everyday.

No, love third man FB runs inside and wish it would happen more often in the ME, but the IWB's distinctive behaviour is pretty much totally with-ball.

That's disappointing but thanks for the reply THoG! You've probably saved me a lot of frustration!

To what extent does match preparation influence my team?

I mean, if I set match preperation to attacking movement will my team attack noticeably better rather than if I would have set it to some other focus?

Did somebody test it in depth?

You mean Prozone - Analysis - Players?

But this is only for one Match available. I wan't a list over a complete Season.

Can someone please help me. How do I get a complete squad list over the hole season.

I know, I can look at each player, but I want them all in one list.

Thanks

Next questions:

With FMT I can't adjust the individual training workload for a specific player?

Is there a tool to make some notices like, change individual training focus for a player on date x or after two month?

What is the difference between a Central Defender and a Limited Defender?

Primarily the passing settings. Limited defenders are much more direct in passing to clear it out of danger.

I've been playing FM for a long time but I really don't get how play wider and play narrow works. I normally play with wingers so I play narrower because I hear it's more defensive and compact, but since I started playing 4-3-3 narrow, I found that play wider makes sense because it makes my cm and strikers stretch and help defend the flanks. I don't know if it's the case of me believing it makes a difference or it actually works, but my defense looks good and we don't concede from crosses anymore.

Also another related question, what attributes make it easier for a play to give up the ball. I assume first touch, composure and dribbling are important, but what about attributes like bravery, balance, strength etc

Thanks

From the DMC position, what differences would there be between a regista and a roaming playmaker?

In my experience the roaming playmaker is going to run with the ball a lot and he is going to move around the pitch in search of a ball. Think of it like a box to box midfielder with more creativity and more dribbling.

The regista is like a deeplying playmaker with even more creativity and roaming. Like a Pirlo for example. I guess a roaming playmaker would need to have decent ratings for dribbling and stamina, while the regista can be effective without it, although it always helps.

Hello all,

I started this game with Hogaborgs BK, small Swedish club. I have a small question;

In my tactic I use a right full back on support duty. The right full back I have, is a 3 star as a full back. BUT, he is more fond of the defending role then he is of a support role.

Placing him as full back on defensive gives him 3 stars, full back on support 2 stars.

What is the wisest thing to do?

1) Let him stay on the support role, since it is part of my tactic,

2) Give him his favourite role, since it suits him better.

With kind regards,

Werner

Couple of things.

1) Has the ability to determine the intensity of individual training gone now? I can change the intensity of general training on the 'team training' tab but not on an individual player's training screen.

2) Does a player's potential ability fall in FM16? I've never seen this piece of information from my staff in any other FM but 3 of my youths have now reported to have decreased in their potential ability. http://i.imgur.com/tQVQ4GF.png

For #1, you can see it on their individual training screen. It goes up if you give them an individual focus, but you can't set the intensity anymore. It will be the result of your team training + individual training.

In previous versions, there were focus passing options (middle, left, right or both wings), as well as exploit left/right/middle/both wings. The exploit options also changed forward runs for wide players to more and less for central players i think.

Do the exploit instructions still do that?

Is the focus passing options only part of the exploit instructions now?

Kinda dissapointing if the focus passing instructions are gone now tbh, less options isnt a good thing, especially when it comes to tactics.

I'm new to FM and i'd like to know whether these set-ups will be successful, which would be the best and what could i alter to make them better. All 3 have been hit and miss so far through pre-season in my Espanyol save. I would also like to know what instructions would be most suitable, so far i've been switching between a more direct, high-tempo set-up and a slower, more possession based set-up. Thanks.

CF-At/DLF-Su

W-Att/B2B-Su/CM-De/WM-Su

FB-Au/CB-D/CB-D/FB-At

GK

-----------------------------------------------

CF-At

IF-At/AP-Su/W-At

B2B-Su/CM-De

FB-Au/CB-D/CB-D/FB-Au

GK

-------------------------------------

DLF-Su/CF-At

AP-At

B2B-Su/CM-De/DLP-Su

FB-Au/CB-D/CB-D/FB-A

GK

Placing him as full back on defensive gives him 3 stars, full back on support 2 stars.

What is the wisest thing to do?

1) Let him stay on the support role, since it is part of my tactic,

2) Give him his favourite role, since it suits him better.

this is really your choice

you may find that you're conceding a few goals down that flank, and then turn him into a more defensive-minded player

or you may want him to be on a support duty, in order to assist with your attacking threat

also, it depends what you're doing ahead of him - a marauding winger (Hazard) will probably leave some room there, whereas a workhorse type (Ramires) will probably be more inclined to track back and help with the defence

I know you don't have that kind of quality, but you understand the point

2) Does a player's potential ability fall in FM16? I've never seen this piece of information from my staff in any other FM but 3 of my youths have now reported to have decreased in their potential ability.

Potential ability is a static thing (it will always be a fixed value), but whether they can reach it or not is another question entirely

In this case, your staff member doesn't think he can reach his proper PA

uggh.... I did say [in a different thread] that basically he won't develop enough to fully reach his PA (because not everyone does) but Cleon didn't like my way of saying that he won't reach it, creating a new maximum CA possible (which you're seeing here)

basically saying that the PA is fixed, but he may not get to the number, due to factors (like quality of facilities, lack of gametime, injuries, whatever) rather than a variable PA in game

^PA isn't fixed. It can drop, usually after a serious injury and you usually get notified of such. I've never seen PA rise however.

PA is fixed, just the reachable potential of the player is variable

as per Cleon's postings

as I posted in it, the PA isn't a 100% certainty to be achieved (as shown in the quoted post above) but the number itself doesn't change, only the players maximum potential CA

PA is fixed, just the reachable potential of the player is variable

as per Cleon's postings

as I posted in it, the PA isn't a 100% certainty to be achieved (as shown in the quoted post above) but the number itself doesn't change, only the players maximum potential CA

Cleon most likely didn't mention it because it's a very rare thing for an injury to be that serious to cause a PA drop.

See this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/388202-Potential-Ability-isn-t-static

Does changing individual position training from default playing position to a new position/role increase the players workload?

Just noticed a change to Closing Down instructions (I'm sure others have already, I just can't play too much at the moment).

In previous versions, I could set the Team Instructions to, for example, Close Down Much More and set a Player Instruction to Close Down Much More.

For FM16, if I set the TI to Close Down Much More, some player roles (eg., an Inside Forward) will only allow me to set the closing down PI to a maximum of "Sometimes".

Alternatively, if I change the TI to "Sometimes" I can now change the relevant PI in the same player role to Close Down Much More.

So given these two scenarios, which would make my Inside Forward have the most closing down?

Just noticed a change to Closing Down instructions (I'm sure others have already, I just can't play too much at the moment).

In previous versions, I could set the Team Instructions to, for example, Close Down Much More and set a Player Instruction to Close Down Much More.

For FM16, if I set the TI to Close Down Much More, some player roles (eg., an Inside Forward) will only allow me to set the closing down PI to a maximum of "Sometimes".

Alternatively, if I change the TI to "Sometimes" I can now change the relevant PI in the same player role to Close Down Much More.

So given these two scenarios, which would make my Inside Forward have the most closing down?

How big is the bar underneath the word sometimes?

How big is the bar underneath the word sometimes?

When the TI for Closing Down Sometimes is selected this is how the PI looks:

fdvnk5.png

When the TI Close Down Much More is selected, here is the PI:

2vjr95j.png

It can't really get much higher than that. he player is being told to close down loads either way.

The language used is needlessly confusing, just focus on the bar and what it's showing.

Just also noticed that the amount of closing down set in a PI will be affected by the height of the defensive line.

If the def line is set to Normal or higher with a TI of close down much more, the closing down PI changes to "Less" - overall length of green bar remains the same, but only "less" or "much less" can be selected.

If the def line is set to slightly deeper or deeper, then the closing down PI will show "Sometimes".

So again, when now factoring in the def line, which scenario will give my IF (for example) the most closing down? :-

TI close down much more + TI def line slightly deeper + PI closing down sometimes?

TI close down sometimes + TI def line slightly deeper + PI close down much more?

TI close down much more + TI def line normal + PI close down less?

TI close down sometimes + TI def line normal + PI close down more?

To what extent does match preparation influence my team?

I mean, if I set match preperation to attacking movement will my team attack noticeably better rather than if I would have set it to some other focus?

Did somebody test it in depth?

Can someone answer please?

Can someone answer please?

It gives a very slight boost for the next game that is all. It's minimal at best.

Does changing individual position training from default playing position to a new position/role increase the players workload?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

It does not appear to, because it is still the same amount of training, just a different position/role. Either way, the player is still training only in one category. It used to be that training a new position was an added training load, but now positions are the default training mode for team training. The workload will increase for the player I think only when you add a focus and/or a ppm