Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

My two wing backs Cresswell and Jenkinson are pretty decent in most stats bar dribbling (despite training them on that for two years!) so would you play them as wing backs or complete wing backs? Think I read somewhere a CWB dribbles more hence my concern if they have low dribbling stats, but also read that a CWB also defends more so not quite sure how to use them. So for the sake of argument if you just wanted them to get up field and ping crosses in which role would be better in your opinions?

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My two wing backs Cresswell and Jenkinson are pretty decent in most stats bar dribbling (despite training them on that for two years!) so would you play them as wing backs or complete wing backs? Think I read somewhere a CWB dribbles more hence my concern if they have low dribbling stats, but also read that a CWB also defends more so not quite sure how to use them. So for the sake of argument if you just wanted them to get up field and ping crosses in which role would be better in your opinions?

What's wrong with FB-S?

I've quoted Lines and Diamonds (sticky in this section) so you can get a better idea of what each role + duty does.

I would say you want a FB role and probably Support or Attack duty with PI to dribble less and to adjust the cross from setting depending what you want. Since they can't dribble past players you need to create space for them and a way of supplying them the ball, which depends if you want them crossing from deep or byline.

The Fullback is the more reserved of the generalist roles in wide defence. Rather than taking on defenders directly, he’s expected to play off a wide forward or wide midfielder by providing crosses and overloading runs when the defenders ahead of him are occupied. With a Defend Duty, the fullback will operate in a primarily defensive capacity with a focus on staying deep and ensuring he can quickly consolidate behind the ball. On the ball, the fullback will mainly look to help maintain possession at the back, though when the opportunity arises, he must still be able to carry the ball out of defence and supply a cross from deep.

With a Support Duty, the fullback will provide a more balanced option with a greater willingness to move up and offer support in the final third when the situation allows it. Compared to a defend duty fullback, the support duty version will offer a bit more penetration with an occasional risky pass to players making runs into space.

With an Attack Duty, the fullback will place a much greater emphasis on mobility and penetration with the aim of providing width in the final third. He will look to carry out overlap patterns and create overloads with more frequent forward runs while looking to supply crosses to teammates in the box. Without adequate defensive cover behind him, an attacking fullback’s aggressive movement can leave the team exposed at the back.

The Wingback offers a slightly more attack-minded option in wide defence. He is expected to combine the defensive responsibilities of a fullback with the ability to operate as the main attacking threat from wide positions. Often playing either without a wide attacker ahead of him or with a wide attacker instructed to quickly move into a more central position, the wingback is normally relied upon to be the team’s main source of width on his flank.

With that said, the Defend Duty wingback is primarily focused on maintaining possession and ensuring quick consolidation, though compared to a defend duty fullback, he’ll be slightly more inclined to move up and offer support to the midfield when necessary. The Support Duty wingback, on the other hand, brings a much greater emphasis on mobility with frequent forward runs into attacking positions intended to provide width. He will also offer more penetration via the occasional pass into space behind defenders, though for the most part, the support duty wingback will look to operate as a link-up player in deft combination patterns in and around the area.

An Attack Duty wingback looks to double as an out-and-out winger going forward by combining the supporting wingback’s emphasis on mobility and width with a much greater emphasis on penetration. The attacking wingback will persistently look to run at defenders, beat his man on the outside with skillful dribbling and supply a dangerous cross from the byline.

The Complete Wingback combines the defensive responsibilities of a wide defender with the attacking intent of a modern day winger. As with other free roles, the defining contribution of the role is the high level of mobility. The Complete Wingback will look to burst forward whenever possible and offer width to the attack, but he is also free to drift inside to support the midfield or forwards when necessary. On the ball, he is given more freedom to improvise, and he will frequently look to offer penetration with dangerous crosses from the byline and deft, ambitious dribbling. With a Support Duty, the complete wingback will focus a bit more on offering support to the midfield. With an Attack Duty, he will instead look to overlap at the first opportunity.

What's wrong with FB-S?

Play a 4312 so they are basically a good line of attack so I need them raiding down the wing,. However if a wing back dribbles less yet defends as much as a CWB maybe they would be better off as wing backs. Plus if a CWB roams more but all I want is them crossing then again wing backs may be better.

DLR roles all track back. Defensively, your concern will be the likelihood that they're caught out of position. CWB are the most likely since they dribble, make forward runs and roam. WB come next. FB are the most positionally conservative accounting for both off and on the ball movement.

Just read this interesting piece on Ander Herrera - http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2584363/ander-herrera-settled-at-manchester-united.

In the middle, there are these two paragraphs:

He began as a holding midfielder - or 'double six' in Van Gaal's double Dutch - in a 4-2-3-1 formation alongside Michael Carrick, before moving further forward to play in the number ten role behind Wayne Rooney as Adnan Januzaj was substituted.

"I felt good as a holding midfielder and as a number 10," he explained, though he long claimed that his best position is No. 8, the same role as one of his inspirations, Andres Iniesta at Barcelona. His former coach Marcelo Bielsa played Herrera as a holding midfielder but also told him that he could become "one of the best players" as a No. 10.

Now, obviously in FM terms a no.10 is someone who plays any role as AMC. But I am not sure what roles best represent a no.6 and a no.8. I would have thought a no.6 would be a DLP (d/s) but the no.8 is a mystery to me - I'm guessing it's a more dynamic CM role.

Any ideas?

I've quoted Lines and Diamonds (sticky in this section) so you can get a better idea of what each role + duty does.

I would say you want a FB role and probably Support or Attack duty with PI to dribble less and to adjust the cross from setting depending what you want. Since they can't dribble past players you need to create space for them and a way of supplying them the ball, which depends if you want them crossing from deep or byline.

Thanks for that, interesting article.

Funnily enough I tried them as FB A, but they didn't play well at all in that position for some reason. After a few experiments I keep going back to wing back attack. It seems a compromise between the two. Maybe add hit early crosses as well because I really don't think you should pigeon hole a player to either cross from deep or cross from the by-line. It should be cross when you have an opportunity. I don't want a player losing the ball because he is on his knees trying to get to the by-line before crossing it!!

The other thing that really intrigues me is "play less risky passes". If your full/wing backs have average passing then you want them keeping possession but if they have good crossing stats you obviously want them crossing the ball. Does a cross count as a pass though? Technically it is so if you apply "less risky passes" does that mean that they will cross less?

Now, obviously in FM terms a no.10 is someone who plays any role as AMC. But I am not sure what roles best represent a no.6 and a no.8. I would have thought a no.6 would be a DLP (d/s) but the no.8 is a mystery to me - I'm guessing it's a more dynamic CM role.

The traditional numerical roles would correspond to several different roles in FM. The #6 would be the holding midfielder, the #8 would be a more mobile central midfielder (anything from a CM-S to a Roaming Playmaker or B2B Mid) and the #10 is a creative midfielder or forward (anything from AP-S to a second DLF). A lot depends on how the roles are intended to interact as well.

Does anyone knows if FM16 will bring us more detailed information about the primary and secondary instructions (to use the concept that HoG presented to us) ?

Dynamic rivalries are the only confirmed feature so far.

The traditional numerical roles would correspond to several different roles in FM. The #6 would be the holding midfielder, the #8 would be a more mobile central midfielder (anything from a CM-S to a Roaming Playmaker or B2B Mid) and the #10 is a creative midfielder or forward (anything from AP-S to a second DLF). A lot depends on how the roles are intended to interact as well.

Dynamic rivalries are the only confirmed feature so far.

Can you give some feedback about defensive instructions in throw-ins ? It seems they are missing since forever and people complain they cannot defend against long throws, but I have read in some thread here that corner's defensive instructions work also with throw-ins.

There's a well documented throw-in exploit used in many downloadable tactics. I'm guessing people are coming up against it online?

In any case, I would expect that to be fixed for 16.1.

I'm all against exploits, I was just wondering about set pieces because corners and free kicks have offensive and defensive options, while throw-in doesn't. This is why I asked here what was the logic behind throw-in do not have defensive instructions, but then I became more confused because there was some post in some other thread stating that the throw-in defensive instructions are the same from corners.

I'm all against exploits, I was just wondering about set pieces because corners and free kicks have offensive and defensive options, while throw-in doesn't. This is why I asked here what was the logic behind throw-in do not have defensive instructions, but then I became more confused because there was some post in some other thread stating that the throw-in defensive instructions are the same from corners.

There's a difference between long throws into the penalty area and throw-ins further up the pitch. The prior will use defensive corner instructions, but the attacking side will also set up differently. In the latter case, teams don't want to defend in a way where they're going to have to do a lot of reorganization to get back into shape. You need to cut off the throw-in taker's immediate options, but the general rule is that, assuming you don't win back the ball, you want to resume business as usual with your defence. So there's not a lot of room for special instructions like having a DC man mark a "tall player", especially given that you can't see your opponent's instructions and players will need to adapt to the opponent to ensure options are actually being marked.

There's a difference between long throws into the penalty area and throw-ins further up the pitch. The prior will use defensive corner instructions, but the attacking side will also set up differently. In the latter case, teams don't want to defend in a way where they're going to have to do a lot of reorganization to get back into shape. You need to cut off the throw-in taker's immediate options, but the general rule is that, assuming you don't win back the ball, you want to resume business as usual with your defence. So there's not a lot of room for special instructions like having a DC man mark a "tall player", especially given that you can't see your opponent's instructions and players will need to adapt to the opponent to ensure options are actually being marked.

Ok, but isn't that the same logic for example in corners ? Because in corners I can't also see the opponent's instructions, so players will also need to adapt but still, instructions are there to use. Also both in corners and free kicks teams have a lot of reorganization to do but still, instructions are there to use.

Ok, but isn't that the same logic for example in corners ? Because in corners I can't also see the opponent's instructions, so players will also need to adapt but still, instructions are there to use. Also both in corners and free kicks teams have a lot of reorganization to do but still, instructions are there to use.

Inside the penalty area, the defence is already going to be extremely compact and will switch to man marking anyway if the ball isn't cleared. Further up the pitch, you both have to cover much more space in depth and want to reconstitute a balanced and compact zonal shape as quickly as possible, so you would just create problems for yourself by having man-marking instructions ala corner or free kick instructions.

FWIW, I think there should be an option for multiple corner and free kick routines, but I don't really see any point to having individual defensive throw-in instructions given that it's not something real coaches spend a lot of time on and this is an area of the game that is already rife with potential for exploits.

FWIW, I think there should be an option for multiple corner and free kick routines, but I don't really see any point to having individual defensive throw-in instructions given that it's not something real coaches spend a lot of time on and this is an area of the game that is already rife with potential for exploits.

Ok thanks once again (and there aren't enough thank you) for another gold piece of information :thup:

So I had a 442 diamond that was set up like this :

........DLFs.............T..........

................AMCa...............

.......CMs.............B2B........

................DLPd...............

WBs.....CD..........CD.....WBa

Very few TIs & PIs, as I mostly use those as situational tools. Control/Standard and Fluid.

The system was performing very nicely, especially in the attacking side as I was scoring tons. However I found us a little too fragile defensively.

I then decided to switch to drop one of the MCs, making him a DC and consequently move up both FBs. The system looks like this now ( Control/standard - Balanced)

........DLFs............T.........

.................AMCs.............

........B2B............DLPd......

WBs...........................WBa

........DCs.....DCc.....DCs....

Immediately I noticed some huge changes. Mainly, we have a LOT more width and space to work with and we are very solid defensively.

There one major issue however : our shot count has exploded ( I think it has almost tripled) and we score way less than before.

I'm not absolutely sure why this is happening, but I think it is mainly due to the abundance of space and us not using it correctly. In the initial system both strikers were playing very deep and this worked because we were generating a lot of movement in a congested area. Now I feel my strikers are just too deep and by the time they approach the box the opposing defenders have had the time to reposition. Still I still fail to understand how something that worked fine in tight space can fail so hard when there's so much more of it to exploit.

What would you advise here ? I would like to keep the Treq upfront as I have player that is perfect for this role. I'm thinking of changing the DLF however to someone that can exploit the space created by the Treqs movement (I'm actually thinking of using a Poacher).

Brilliant, thanks for responding!

Started with Scunthorpe with the aim to make them the next Swansea with playing the game the right way - Sexy possession football. But the problem is that the squad is built for a 4-4-2 formation.

Is it even possible to play Barcelonistic possession ball with 4-4-2 formation?

I guess this fits in here.

I have a player who should be able to play Regista but when i select that role for him he only gets a yellow rating. His attributes aren't that bad for this role so why does't he get a green rating?

Does he he need exceptionally high attributes to become green at Regista? I'm playing in the Belarus 1st Division so obviously this player isn't too good. It just doesn't make sense to me that my DLP can't play Regista even half as good as he can play DLP.

I have noticed this on other players too for roles such as Roaming Playmaker, Trequerista, Complete Forward.

So I had a 442 diamond that was set up like this :

........DLFs.............T..........

................AMCa...............

.......CMs.............B2B........

................DLPd...............

WBs.....CD..........CD.....WBa

Very few TIs & PIs, as I mostly use those as situational tools. Control/Standard and Fluid.

The system was performing very nicely, especially in the attacking side as I was scoring tons. However I found us a little too fragile defensively.

I then decided to switch to drop one of the MCs, making him a DC and consequently move up both FBs. The system looks like this now ( Control/standard - Balanced)

........DLFs............T.........

.................AMCs.............

........B2B............DLPd......

WBs...........................WBa

........DCs.....DCc.....DCs....

Immediately I noticed some huge changes. Mainly, we have a LOT more width and space to work with and we are very solid defensively.

There one major issue however : our shot count has exploded ( I think it has almost tripled) and we score way less than before.

I'm not absolutely sure why this is happening, but I think it is mainly due to the abundance of space and us not using it correctly. In the initial system both strikers were playing very deep and this worked because we were generating a lot of movement in a congested area. Now I feel my strikers are just too deep and by the time they approach the box the opposing defenders have had the time to reposition. Still I still fail to understand how something that worked fine in tight space can fail so hard when there's so much more of it to exploit.

What would you advise here ? I would like to keep the Treq upfront as I have player that is perfect for this role. I'm thinking of changing the DLF however to someone that can exploit the space created by the Treqs movement (I'm actually thinking of using a Poacher).

1. Are you using the same players? Do they have "shoots from distance" ?

2. Who are taking the long shots? Compare analysis from old games vs recent games.

3. Have teams started sitting deeper vs you as you have had success? This typically results in more space for long shots.

4. AMC-S I think is a major issue. AMC-S will shoot more often (from distance) and less forward runs than AMC-A. You've lost a lot of penetration from that change and will congest the space outside of the box, which might leave no option but to shoot.

I guess this fits in here.

I have a player who should be able to play Regista but when i select that role for him he only gets a yellow rating. His attributes aren't that bad for this role so why does't he get a green rating?

Does he he need exceptionally high attributes to become green at Regista? I'm playing in the Belarus 1st Division so obviously this player isn't too good. It just doesn't make sense to me that my DLP can't play Regista even half as good as he can play DLP.

I have noticed this on other players too for roles such as Roaming Playmaker, Trequerista, Complete Forward.

In my experience, FM seems to use a pretty simple algorithm for calculating player role suitability. Something along the lines of "What is player x's average attribute for the suggested role attributes? e.g. - if it is 10, then colour is orange. 12 then colour is yellow etc." It also takes into account positional suitability and probably the level you are playing at aswell, but in general it is only a suggestion made by the game so I wouldn't worry too much.

The more important thing is what YOU think. The Belarusian league isn't a high quality league so i'd imagine attribute ratings of 12-13+ would be desirable (an educated guess!). If your player is ticking those boxes in what you consider are the key attributes for the role, then you have a quality player for the role regardless of what the game suggests.

I've played players that the game has coloured orange and even red for suitability and they have still performed well. It's all about what you want from the player rather than what the game calculates as his best role.

If a player reaches his full potential (his CA = PA) and if he is still on a, for example, Individual Role training for Inside Forward on Heavy, does it mean - as I am guessing from observing the game - he will try to improve his highlighted attributes on the expense of the others?

My guess is that happens and what I'd really like is for him to stay exactly as he is, can't go up, don't change anything, do not lose any other attributes so others can improve.

What do?

Scoring enough goals - Anyone else have this problem?

I have tried a variety of combinations to try and get two strikers scoring and always tend to have a CF A in there who is always my top scorer. Even recently tried having two SS's behind a lone striker. I'm winning games that's not the problem it's converting enough chances.

I usually have around 20-30 shots a game with anything from a quarter to a half of those on target (which is probably not high enough although unsure of ratios), more often or not around a half. CCC's anything from 1-5 usually although I believe CCC's don't really mean anything.

I have good strikers but whilst watching games the opposition keeper seems to have a wonder game 90% of the games I play. I mean some of the saves would not possible IRL. A cross comes in, a perfect connection two yards out and the keeper saves it. Real life reaction times would not be good enough to keep some of these efforts out seriously.

Another issue is long shots despite perfectly decent passing options available. Have tried PI's and work ball into box but that seems too far the other way, but it generally is opposition keeper performances that keeps the score down. I score between 1 and 4 a game but it gets a bit disheartening when you are having 28 shots, with 17 on target and scraping it 1-0....

Playing FMC so limited to what I can do, but anyone had similar issues and solved it with a lowering of mentality, more movement, less movement, anything?!

Playing FMC so limited to what I can do

Not really. You just can't interact with players as much as in Fat Mode, but the impact of player interaction is often vastly overstated by many.

You mention a system with two SS's behind a lone striker but that just sounds like a recipe to aimlessly overload the AI defence to me. You need balance, not just the cavalry endlessly charging forwards. A question - how many modern day systems do you see with two strikers who both score regularly? There aren't many, are there? And those that there are, how do you think they complement each other?

25%-50% of shots on target is just not good enough. It has to be consistently 50%+ with fewer than 10% long. This too is indicative of too much attacking, not enough patience or composure. Scoring 1-4 per game is more than acceptable. What is your average goals per game figure? Compare that to similar teams in real life.

Not really. You just can't interact with players as much as in Fat Mode, but the impact of player interaction is often vastly overstated by many.

You mention a system with two SS's behind a lone striker but that just sounds like a recipe to aimlessly overload the AI defence to me. You need balance, not just the cavalry endlessly charging forwards. A question - how many modern day systems do you see with two strikers who both score regularly? There aren't many, are there? And those that there are, how do you think they complement each other?

25%-50% of shots on target is just not good enough. It has to be consistently 50%+ with fewer than 10% long. This too is indicative of too much attacking, not enough patience or composure. Scoring 1-4 per game is more than acceptable. What is your average goals per game figure? Compare that to similar teams in real life.

Thanks RT...

Well I play a 4312 usually but tried experimenting with a 4231 with the two SS's either side of an AM S just behind the striker just to see what it would do. Did very well going forward but just two CM's in a 4231 get overloaded.

Stats aren't as in depth in FMC but I noted :

Goals/Shot attempts------------------88/979 (9%)

Shots on Target/Attempted----------434/978 (44%)

Passes succeeded/Attempted--------1951/2424 (80%)

In 45 games have scored :

0 - 5 times

1 - 11 times

2 - 14 times

3 - 8 times

4 - 6 times

5 - once

I do note that shorts on target to shots ratio is very good for the first 50 minutes or so. I reckon I am getting 70 odd % on target. As games go on though that drops. Player fitness, opposition tactical changes etc may be the reason. I do play attacking as well and as you say I am possibly overloading and rushing things BUT as I said an awful lot of good chances are saved far too brilliantly by opposition goalkeepers. To be fair if I am getting 25 shots say regularly with 15 on target that compared to real life is too high for a regular occurrence and these super goalkeeping displays mean I score one or two a game rather than three, four or five weekly.

In 45 games have scored :

0 - 5 times

1 - 11 times

2 - 14 times

3 - 8 times

4 - 6 times

5 - once

That's 92 goals in 45 games... that's 2.04 goals per game, which is a decent return.

Are you playing a high tempo style of play? This can reduce the efficiency of your attacks as your players rush to shoot.

Too many long range shots are due to an urgency to attack with players who have low decision making stats.

Would a DLP(D) in the MC position work with a DLP(D) already in the DM position?

Looking for a one of my MCs to drop back defensively but still have a creative influence from deep. MC(D) is another choice but the creative side isn't prominent in that role.

So my team would effectively look like this

WB(s) BPD(d) BPD(d) WB(s)

------------DLP(d)-----------

------DLP(d)--AP(a)---------

W(A)-------------------IF(A)

-----------DLF (s)---------

Also, would a DLF(s) be effective at closing down the oppositions defence when out of possession? Or would it be less effective than say an advanced forward due to the positioning of the role?

That's 92 goals in 45 games... that's 2.04 goals per game, which is a decent return.

Are you playing a high tempo style of play? This can reduce the efficiency of your attacks as your players rush to shoot.

Too many long range shots are due to an urgency to attack with players who have low decision making stats.

Yeah it's a decent return so not over complaining but at times it just feels like, and I shouldn't say this, but some of the AI goalkeepers saves are keeping scores realistic whereas shot counts are pretty unrealistic. Maybe it's the fact that defending in FM15 isn't up to scratch so the ME has got to do something to stop 4/5/6 goals being scored in a match.

Re my midfielders and long shots being down to bad decisions, my midfielders are Romero (16 decisions), Bender, 15, Poyet, 15, Song 16, Henderson 16 and Payet 16 so that's not low stats in decisions and yet too many shots from distance even though with usually an AM and two strikers ahead of them plus two wing backs beside them they have plenty of passing options or at least it looks that way from the match highlights.

The problem is if you put a PI of "shoot less often" it seems to go too far the other way and they then get caught in possession even though again there are plenty of passing options there. I did have them on "less risky passes" as I wanted to keep possession and thought that may add to the long shot problem but even when I removed it the ambitious long shots remained. Mind you long shot issues have been in FM as long as I can remember.

ive decided to star a new save(bayern) and my tactic has only a DL as a wing(david alaba).what role would you recommend as a lone winger for him?

It's impossible to answer this because it has no context whatsoever. What are you expecting him to do within the context of the team as a whole? What is the overall system?

If a player reaches his full potential (his CA = PA) and if he is still on a, for example, Individual Role training for Inside Forward on Heavy, does it mean - as I am guessing from observing the game - he will try to improve his highlighted attributes on the expense of the others?

My guess is that happens and what I'd really like is for him to stay exactly as he is, can't go up, don't change anything, do not lose any other attributes so others can improve.

What do?

Jordan_Henderson_Development_Training.jpg

Typical example of the situation I do not understand.

Fluctuations in the attributes is normal. What you are seeing is just slight gains and drops. If the attribute moves even a 1/10th of a percent you will get an arrow indicating the trend. It surely doesn't mean the player is getting worse in and of itself. Look at the line graphs for the attributes in question and you will see what I mean.

Dr. Hook is spot on.

However if a player has reached his potential like in your example then if he gets gains in any attribute then the CA for these improvements have to come from somewhere, so it's taken off the other attributes. The visual of 20 we see isn't the real value those and under the hood so to speak its based on 200 rather than the 20 we see. So the CA will be redistributed accordingly to off set the gains he got because no player can ever exceed his PA.

The training you select for a player and the attributes highlighted for it, means the focus will be greater on those attributes compared to the rest. This doesn't mean it's at the expense of the others though, just that the focus is much greater than normal on the highlighted ones.

Hello all. Can you please answe me this 2 questions:

1 - I play with a back 4 and one of my CD is really good with the ball, however if i put the GK ball distribution to him, most of the times he hoofs the ball because that CD is marked. I guess the ball distribution to a CD works much better in a system with 3 CD, right?

2- Does this role distribution make sense or should i switch the midfielders (CM strata) roles? AP(S) behind a Treq/CF(S) and BBM behind an AF?

Thanks!

1 - I play with a back 4 and one of my CD is really good with the ball, however if i put the GK ball distribution to him, most of the times he hoofs the ball because that CD is marked. I guess the ball distribution to a CD works much better in a system with 3 CD, right?

Yes, generally speaking. A back three (a true back three - with either no DL/R or with WBL/R) will fan out wide, making it easier for the keeper to pick one of them out.

2- Does this role distribution make sense or should i switch the midfielders (CM strata) roles? AP(S) behind a Treq/CF(S) and BBM behind an AF?

Hard to say without knowing the formation or players involved. My personal preference is to not have playmaking Roles one behind the other.

Hi

My Players have problems with swapping positions. In my tactic every player has his own player instructions (I don´t use "Any Player in this Position"-Instructions, Example: When Player A plays in left Midfiel he´s allowed to dribble more, close down less etc. When Player B plays in left Midfiel he´s allowed to Close Down more, roam from Position etc.) But in Player Instructions i cannot give the order to swap position with player xy. I only can give the order to swap in "Any player in this Position"-Instructions. Unfortunately they don´t swap position. I read that the personal Player Instructions are "higher" than the "Any Player in this Position"- Instructions. Is that the reason that they don´t swap?

I tried an attempt. I deleted the personal Player Instructions and my players (Left Midfielder and Right Midfielder) played with the "Any Player in this Position"-Instruction. I´ve only instruct them to swap their position. And they swap their position. But when i played with their personla player instructions they don´t swap.

Do you know what i want to say?

My second question:

Is it possible that my save has an winguarantee? Like i can instruct my players a huge number of tactical instructions but the computer don´t use them and win alone because the save is broken and want that i win everything?

Excuse my english. I tried my best!

RTHerringbone thank you for your reply.

About the formation, it is a 4-3-1-2 with the midfielf and attack like this:

MCL- AP(S)

MC - DP(D)

MCR - BBM

AMC - AM(S)

STCL - CF(S)

STCR - AF

It looks OK, though perhaps I'd want the AP (S) to be closing down aggressively as I guess your DL has an Attack Duty? All you need to keep an eye on is the relationship between the AP (S) and the CF (S) just to make sure they don't often occupy the same spaces.

It's impossible to answer this because it has no context whatsoever. What are you expecting him to do within the context of the team as a whole? What is the overall system?

i play dr-dc-dc-dl-dm-mr-mc-mc-amc-st with control,very fluid system possesion football.alaba is alone at left and i want him to be careful,barely joins attacks but because he is my only player i want him to come to midfield for good defensive coverage

i play dr-dc-dc-dl-dm-mr-mc-mc-amc-st with control,very fluid system possesion football.alaba is alone at left and i want him to be careful,barely joins attacks but because he is my only player i want him to come to midfield for good defensive coverage

If he's the only person on that flank, he's the only person who can cause a threat down that side of the field, so if you can get your DM covering nicely, then give him the license to attack. If you want him to defend and stay back then look at using an MC to drift out wide.

Is a player's preferred side actually important? What tangible difference is there when I play a centre back who prefers the left side on the right side for example? Would it affect his decisions attribute, like when a player is played out of position?