Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Ah, nice thread... I fear mine is a stupid question, so I'm happy with this thread. :D

I've read in various threads sentences like these:

"My coaches are all 4.5 stars or even 5 stars."

I just wonder where I can find those stars? :confused: I'm with Man City, and I have for example Mr. Franco Baldini as one of my coaches. His reputation is World Class, so I suppose that's good. But...is he 5 stars? Or only 3? Or something in between??? :confused:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, nice thread... I fear mine is a stupid question, so I'm happy with this thread. :D

I've read in various threads sentences like these:

"My coaches are all 4.5 stars or even 5 stars."

I just wonder where I can find those stars? :confused: I'm with Man City, and I have for example Mr. Franco Baldini as one of my coaches. His reputation is World Class, so I suppose that's good. But...is he 5 stars? Or only 3? Or something in between???

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

Here:

coachstars-1.png

You'll find their "star" rating under the coaches screen, when you go to select what area of training you want them to perform.

Can I get a refund 6 months after purchase for 10.3 ruining my experience? Why can't you choose to upgrade to these patches like in the past, you used to have to start a new game for them to activate, the automatic update is useless to me, its turned my team from a mid table outfit as Barnsley in the Premier League to rubbish, and its the middle of the season. What am I supposed to do?!

Is a coach with a high physio stat of any use?

Seeing as I can't offer him a physio role then I presume he can't do any physio duties. Is that correct?

Seeing as I can't offer him a physio role then I presume he can't do any physio duties. Is that correct?

No, a coach can't perform physio duties unless he accepts a contract to be a physio.

Unfortunately a coach with a high physio stat doesn't offer any benefit to coaching. It's always something I've thought would appear beneficial to a fitness coach and I'm surprised that it's never been implemented in such a way in the game.

Can I get a refund 6 months after purchase for 10.3 ruining my experience? Why can't you choose to upgrade to these patches like in the past, you used to have to start a new game for them to activate, the automatic update is useless to me, its turned my team from a mid table outfit as Barnsley in the Premier League to rubbish, and its the middle of the season. What am I supposed to do?!

Exactly the same mate, I was the highest scorers in the league before the patch but now can't score for ****.

I've tried deleting the game and re-installing but it just continues with the new patch. Very frustrating. I don't think there's a way round it?

does tempo affect the time, players take to pass? or is it time play?

i heard that tempo is responsible for how quick your players move from defense to offense and time play decides, how much time theyll take to give the pass or to hold the ball.

Guys, can somebody tell me what exactly gk communication skill does?? Also is there a way to counter a low value in this attribute? I have quite a good GK but his communication skill is low.

It's pretty much his ability to talk to and organise the defenders in front of him. If his communication attribute is poor, he might not "communicate" with defenders when coming out for a cross or to gather the ball, thus increasing the chances of mistakes potentially.

When I think of goalkeeper "communication", I often think of Peter Schmeichel bellowing at Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister ;)

schmeichel_152231t.jpg

I play with a deep lying playmaker at CM infront of him are 4 very attacking players AMR, AML, AMC and a lone striker. If my deep lying playmaker has a high mentality does this mean he takes a higher position up the pitch or does it mean he looks for more attacking passes?

Thanks heathxxx, the situation is that I am managing NY in MLS and my gk (Bouna Coundoul) has really low communication attribute as well as command of area. But in the other areas is good enough. Well, I think I will have to create a strong defence to counter his weaknesses (dont allow the oppostition many through balls and set pieces).

I wondered if changing a players role during a game is classed as a "tactical change" ? i ask this because (here's an example) when i went to change my winger to an inside forward and the "confirm" was still greyed out.
Anyone help on the above ?

Changing a players role is like any tactical shout, it moves sliders around. So yeah it should be a tactical change. Perhaps you encountered a bug or if you have made some individual changes to the players personal instructions by yourself it could be that the new player role was completely nullified.

Hello everyone this is my first post here.

I was wondering what the element of surprise can do in FM. Would it be smart to suddenly change your tactic for one difficult match? If so, what should I change, should I change the role of my backs? Or my attackers?

Hi all!

I am just starting my adventure with FM2010, after playing a s*itload of time with 2008. So I got like two basic (and somehow stupid) questions:

- Is that new tactical system for any good or the "slider" sytle works better, because honestly so far I suck with this new tactical interface, but that might be my fault...

- Can u give me the actual kick-ass corner routine or a link to the post presenting it, becasue I couldn't find it...

I just want to hear an opinion about the new tactical system (like: it is nice just got to get used to it or don't even try, stick to the sliders) and need the corner routine, every FM got 1, right?

Thanx

Davva

i woudl suggest using the new system to choose a role and then go to advanced to make certain changes if necessary eg change playmaker from taking too many long shots.

There are a couple of dodgy corner tricks but if you want quite a few without it being rediculous set corners to far post and put someone good at heading there.

What are some good defensive tactics against the 4-4-2 and the 4-5-1? Even playing as Barca or ManUtd, I get beat on this tactic or have a draw.

If you get beat by powerful attacking sides using these formations then consider using your own wingers as man markers on their wingers and keep your fullbacks free to cover gaps/double up/maintain possession. Pay attention to where their greatest threat against you is likely to come from and try and force them in the other direction. It also a very good idea to find their key creative player and shut him out of the game with a man. Relatively easy if it is Arsenal and Fabregas, significantly more difficult if it is Barcelona with Xavi and Iniesta.

If you get beat/draw against "weaker" teams playing these formations then you are very likely losing the midfield battle, or contriving to play into their defensive/counter-attacking hands in some other fashion. Failure to win the ball back and failure to use it wisely and skillfully and intelligently are common causes of frustration against "weaker" sides.

Guys, can somebody tell me what exactly gk communication skill does?? Also is there a way to counter a low value in this attribute? I have quite a good GK but his communication skill is low.

Think passbacks, defensive mixups, or Centreback and Goalkeeper going for the same ball. Higher levels of Communication in Goalkeepers will reduce the frequency of these defensive errors.

Could i ask here if people have problems with prtsc? Im trying to take a screenshot but all i get is i picture of all the browsers that are up, and not of the f.eks league table.

Do you have anye suggestion?

Could i ask here if people have problems with prtsc? Im trying to take a screenshot but all i get is i picture of all the browsers that are up, and not of the f.eks league table.

Do you have anye suggestion?

Press ALT+F9 instead.

It should produce a picture in your Documents/sports interactive/pictures folder (not sure if its the correct path, but should be in your documents folder)

Press ALT+F9 instead.

It should produce a picture in your Documents/sports interactive/pictures folder (not sure if its the correct path, but should be in your documents folder)

Thank you very much, really appreciate this!!:):):)

Is there any way to get my team to work a corner rather than whipping it into the box?

I'd be happy with a pull back to the edge of the area, if there is a way of doing that without using the bug. The other option in my mind is playing it short, but is there any way to get the player who receives it to do something other than immediately cross?

Hey, i am completly new to the PC game as always played the PSP games so please be gentle! (PC game is beyond belief! awesome)

My question is: Some very kind people have made tatics and have put a link to download them, i have done this and it has given me a http link. How to i put this into my game?

Also all the teams in english game have there club badge except the Premiership clubs, is there anyway to get the premiership clubs to have there club badge?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before, and thank you very much in advance for any help people could give me.

Thank you.

Has anyone had any success with a 4-6-0 or can link me to a thread that discusses this. Just lost my star striker for too long and don't have a good enough replacement so thinking of slotting an extra AMC in instead. Thanks.

Can you play a 4-6-0? I thought you could only play a 5-5-0

Course you can, fairly sure that there is a default version.

Would just like to thank all the helpful T&T people for their overwhelming responses to my question :rolleyes:

Course you can, fairly sure that there is a default version.

Would just like to thank all the helpful T&T people for their overwhelming responses to my question :rolleyes:

Why not post your question at FM-Britain? There are more guys active there.

Is there any way to get my team to work a corner rather than whipping it into the box?

I'd be happy with a pull back to the edge of the area, if there is a way of doing that without using the bug. The other option in my mind is playing it short, but is there any way to get the player who receives it to do something other than immediately cross?

Try using a player on "attack from deep" and set to "penalty area". The player won't be able to shoot as easily as a lurker would.

Has anyone had any success with a 4-6-0 or can link me to a thread that discusses this. Just lost my star striker for too long and don't have a good enough replacement so thinking of slotting an extra AMC in instead. Thanks.

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=184714

That was the best discussion I could find. I remember a better one that I contributed a lot to, but it wouldn't show up in the search. Sorry.

The "Wide Play" instruction, is that to do with players WITH the ball, WITHOUT the ball, or both?

Cuts inside- primarily with ball, though it also increases the tendency to do it without ball too.

Hug touchline- both.

Moves into channels- without ball (the movement needs to come before the pass is received)

I've searched and searched, but does anyone know a link to a thread with the explaination of al the skills? Like what Excentricity etc means ...

I know it sounds daft, but a friend of mine says that very high Excentricity is good for a goalie ( of course its debateble ) ...

I've searched and searched, but does anyone know a link to a thread with the explaination of al the skills? Like what Excentricity etc means ...

I know it sounds daft, but a friend of mine says that very high Excentricity is good for a goalie ( of course its debateble ) ...

I've never seen high eccentricity as being good for a keeper. Also, if you look at a keeper with a high rating using the tactics creator, it will be highlighted in red, just as a low attribute for handling might be. Game therefore agrees... one to avoid ;)

Is it true that a faster tempo may result in more missed chances since the players will rush to finish it?

I have my tempo in the first notch below quick and while i'm creating loads of clear chances and have good strikers they miss lots of them.

A higher Tempo can lead to missed chances, missed goal creating opportunites, poor decisions, reduced composure and sometimes even blind panic.

Depending on precisely how/where your Striker is missing chances, you can use the HUB instruction on him to effectively tell him to take a touch/take his time if he lacks composure. Players running onto a throughball and ballooning first time shots into the stand are better candidates for HUB in this specific manner than players involved in link-up play or trying to dribble past defenders.