FM12: FC Bayern München - Mission Munich 2012

Finished 3rd Season:

- won Bundesliga

- won DFB cup

- won CL against Barca with 3:1

Noteworthy Developments:

- Gomez was injured for all 2nd half of season. Therefore his rating dropped from 3* to 2*. I really hope this injury didnt kill his carreer (at least with my team). He won the league Golden Boot nevertheless haha

htx9k1uiz3im.jpg

- Robben won Ballon d'Or and World Player of the Year

- Alaba developed very well and has shown Reus to the bench. Reus' performance this year wasnt too good anyway, he missed sooo many CCCs and his passing drove me crazy.

- fiddled around with the tactics and now received less goals. Perhaps it's also the new CB, Phil Jones, who stabilized the defense.

Tansfers end of 3rd Season:

- no transfers in winter window

- no bargain offers (Tevez is available for free...but no thnx)

- ended the season with remaining 20M transfer and 7.5M wage budget (offered 8 players new contracts at end of season, wage budget was at 10M before that).

Upcoming Transfers:

- will take a closer look at Gomez and his attribute development. Perhaps i will sell him :(

- Boateng is coming back from loan at Köln. Most his match reports were really bad. Going to sell him for sure.

- no idea where i could strengthen my squad. As long as i cant get a German International i probably wont be buying anyone this window. Unless someone sees a weak point or has a suggestion where i could improve the squad?

On another note:

I took out the corner bug but there's actually not much differnce, the goals just spread over more players. I already thought this would happen since i tested this in FM11 with the same result.

The reason i scored less goals this year is that i let my talents play the last 5-6 matches (thats where i got 2 of 3 losses and 1 of 2 draws).

mesed3jgd7bk.jpg

ltt7rxzp6y.jpg

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He just turned 25. I hope he redevelops, but since i have my doubts i am looking for an equal/better replacement.

I've tried Götze and Coentrao, but with no success. Hazard just transfered.

Have you (or anyone here) signed Schürrle before? Is he worth the 42M Leverkusen want for him? His attributes actually look better than Reus', but i dont know how well he actually performs (hidden stats?).

If anyone knows a good alternative, please let me know asap :)

Thank you :)

I havent continued my save yet since i'm totally unsure what to do.

Schürrle is too expensive imo. I could afford him, but i will be weakening a Bundesliga team and knowing the KI, Leverkusen would end up spending the ~40M in five mediocre bench warmers.

Then i tried signing Ganso and Douglas Costa...unsuccessfully.

Looked for AML talents...none.

Hmmm... :confused:

Exact same crap as last year with Gomez in a friendly:

gr1972q65ni.jpg

In this case i need to go shopping, i have no talent to replace him.

I just hope his stats dont suffer too much (which i doubt) :(

Now that's harsh. There should be some hope for you if you're playing with the newest patch. The attribute drop still is very big, but at least my Matri regained everything after his 4 month injury. Although it took him about exactly one year to regain everything :(

Oh, and regarding AML's, you might want to try Balázs Dzsudzsák. He's got an excellent and powerful shot. Although I prefer to retrain him as an AMR and put his instructions as Inside forward support.

Thank you for the advise. I'm playing with the recent patch. Perhaps Reus has a chance to recover then. Sadly, Gomez is/was too old to regain his lost attributes :(

Dzsudzsák is playing for Dortmund already...and it's impossible to sign anyone from them.

I think i'll go into the season with my current squad and not sign anyone. Depending how things go, i still have the winter window to adjust the squad.

Gomez is 29. He's back in action since ~2 months now and also played the 2014 world-cup. But the attribute screen is full of red declining arrows :(

I'm keeping him nevertheless, he's a great poacher.

I took a screenshot of Reus' attributes and will compare in 1-2 years time.

I decided against getting an AML, they were all way too expensive. Even though i could afford them i a) dont think it's realistic and b) i'm re-arranging my squad now.

Bought:

- Alan Dzagoev (AMC) from CSKA Mocow for 23.5M. He was the cheapest of them all but far from being a bargain.

Sold:

- Boateng to Köln for 7M (his value was only 3.5M when he returned from loan)

What i will try:

- Play Kroos partly on the left wing, depending if Alaba needs a rest. Will change the tactic that he plays more like a 2nd playmaker than typical winger (he's too slow for this).

- Play Cavani partly on the right. Robben got injured for a month (again) and i only have Müller now.

- Play Badstuber as left FB and see how it goes. Will sell Contento if this works and use Kara as CB backup.

I hope the new patch comes out soon, getting bored of this save :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I'm back for the Bayern thread! I would love to see people reporting on their progress again!

I'm currently in a network game with two friends from uni, that I got to buy the game and so far, they are loving it!!

My Bayern side sitting top with 4 matches to go in the season. I'm 12 points clear and should win it, Cup final is against Köln and a bit of draw luck (a group with Shakhtar, Lille and Otelul, Kiev,ManUtd) got me in the semi final of the Champions League against Valencia.

It was a tough season so far though, my friends Doofmund side were really lucky to get away with a draw from AllianzArena in the Hinrunde with a header from Schmelzer in the 93rd and I secured the first place just at the 17th game day.

In the Rückrunde I also lost away to my other friends Leverkusen side unluckily. But then the away match in Doofmund... I had 63% of the ball, 21-15 chances and lost it 3-0! But a tough stretch for them saw me opening up the gap. Hopefully I can get the triple!

I don't know what you think, but I find the network game even way more enjoyable then the SP... Much more rewarding and emotional. I wanted to throw the laptop out of the window, basically after both Doofmund matches and with human managers, you really are put to the test!

My Bayern side sitting top with 4 matches to go in the season. I'm 12 points clear and should win it, Cup final is against Köln and a bit of draw luck (a group with Shakhtar, Lille and Otelul, Kiev,ManUtd) got me in the semi final of the Champions League against Valencia.

Well that's a good team to play the final against. :p

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon guys keep it up! No one playing Bayern anymore?

My network game season ended great, I won both Cup and League but lost to Chelsea in the CL final on penalties after being very unlucky not to score nor get a penalty...

Currently we are in early November and things aren't going that well. I'm sitting top of my CL group with Ajax, OM and Bucarest and play 1860 (away ;)) in the 3rd round of the cup, but the league sees me sitting third five points away from Köln (yes, that Köln-issue gaian :/ ) and three points away from my friends Doofmund side.

I'm still playing my Bayern save. But since i'm in season 19/20 and most my players are newgens now, i see no point in reporting.

Just so much: Reus never recovered from his injury. Kroos got injured for 4-5 months and that killed his career too.

I dont know which (combination) of stats are responsable for this, but it really bothers me.

It's just god given that a player with average determination and/or natural fitness and/or professionalism will have his career killed if injured badly.

Perhaps i start a new save with the next patch and report again :)

I think the effect of injuries on most players is ridiculous... They don't lose a point here and there. They lose what's giving them the edge compared to similar players, at least at Bayern I made this experience with Ribéry, Gómez and Müller.

For the network game we use my set of editor data which has proven to be well rounded. You see some smaller teams surprise (in the two seasons it's been Mainz and Freiburg) and some bigger sides coming close to relegation (Werder, Stuttgart) with the Bundesliga-typical performance changes from one season to another that many clubs go through irl. I also reduced the impact of every injury by 10% or a bit more and the bad ones don't appear as often, which has to do with lowered injury pronenesses as well :p

Heh, so I came back to FM12 and gave my Bayern team a whirl, and immediately remembered why I put the game on hiatus. Weiss gets injured for 3-4 months, Schweinsteiger is sent off for "persistent fouling" (literally two fouls high up the pitch, completely soft but both yellows) and Neuer scores an own goal to give Gladbach a 2-1 win. *sigh*

im about to start a save with bayern, still thinking about the project,

was thinking of getting podolski back atleast if its possible, since i just HATE gomez.

also interested in reus, marin and götze for the wingers, dunno how good ribery is in FM12 but robben is injured all the time atleast.

and just browsing through the team i would have to bring in a center back, aiming for subotic or höwedes

have anyone tested Leitner or gaitan?

btw what facepack are u guys using since u get the face on most players.

Dortmund players are priced beyond your reach at the start at least. Ribery played fine for me, but not good enough to justify his huge wages, so I let him go on a free in 2013 when his attributes started to drop. Robben however has been the best player in the world, absolute titan of a player.

Elsewhere... Gomez is an infuriatingly streaky player, one game he is ***** and then he scores a hat trick again. He is better than his attributes suggest, because he's double footed, but I sold him for 15 million in 2013.

So just started a bayern saved.

players in

Podolski 24.5mil €

luis guilherme 1.7mil €

vertongen 9.25milj €

reus 18mil €

paloschi 4.4milj €

players out

olic 4.3mil

pranjic 5mil

gomez 12mil

van buyten 2mil

still trailing for fellaini but didnt get him before deadline. hopeing to get him in january

I’ve been looking for this thread for ages! I like to start my saves unemployed these days (professional rep) and about a third of the season in I got the Fortuna Dusseldorf job. They were in 14th place and struggling, ended up finishing 5th and romped to 1st place and promotion in Season 2. Unexpectedly I was offered the Bayern job and after some debating the merits took it and loving it!

So, start of season 3 and – at work so no screenshots at the moment – bought Shaqiri (as everyone seems to) and Pablo Piatti (around £19m I think), plus a couple of talented youngsters…one of which is dubbed the “new Michel Platini”.

At the Christmas break all going to plan so far - top of the league at Christmas, 4 points clear of FC Koln (Stolbakken just left for Villa though so that should help), won my champions’ league group and have Valencia in 1st knockout, in QF of Cup. And just convinced the board to splash £19m on Phil Jones…

Something I’ve started doing where possible is putting players in the position recommended by my AssMan (see Muller and Gomez below)

I play 4-2-3-1 in the following manner:

Rigid, Control at home and Standard away. Only changes are Zonal Marking and Pressing More at all times.

Neuer – Sweeper Keeper (support at home, defend away)

Lahm – Right wingback (attack)

Breno and Dede (Brazilian signed by my predecessor) are my CDs, Dede is a Stopper

Tend to play Neuton (another Brazilian CD signed by my predecessor) as a FB support, or Contento as backup playing as a Wingback support

I play Kroos and Schweinsteiger in CM both as DLP (support), Kroos is on left, Schwein on right. Use Alaba and Badelj backup here.

Muller plays AMC as an Attacking Midfielder (attack) as this is what AssMan says is his best/preferred position…he’s scored a lot of goals this season playing there. Alaba plays here sometimes as well (usually as Adv Plymkr)

AMR/AML I play as Winger (attack) and rotate Piatti, Robben and Ribery in here with Shaq as backup, and I tick for both wingers to swap positions as all 4 players I use can play on both sides.

Gomez is my free scoring centre forward, Target Man (attack), he’s Bundesliga top scorer so far.

--

Other players:

Emre Can hasn’t really developed but is decent in my Bayern II side who are now in Division 3 and I’m desperately trying to keep them there so hanging on to him in the meantime.

Bastuber is back up but isn’t as good as Dede or Breno and usually only plays in Cup or when resting players.

Boateng had a dodgy start to the season, and was injured a couple of times and couldn’t get back in the team, and now I have Phil Jones (plus Breno, Neuton and Dede) I’m looking to sell him as his wages are very high.

Olic – decent back up, his mentals and physicals are still insane. Contract runs out (end of 2014) and may give him a 1 yr extension

Petersen – just agreed to join Dortmund at end of season, can’t get in team

Rafinha – backup as I play Lahm on the right, contract runs out at end of season and again I may offer extension as he is decent backup. Jones can play RB though so I’m not too worried.

Alaba – is amazing backup for pretty much every position! Can’t decide where to concentrate his training so looking to make him more of an all-rounder.

Contento – is decent backup and would rather keep him (as his wages are so cheap) but I may shift him and re-train Alaba to be a marauding wing-back.

--

Will try and post some screenshots over weekend...

I also bought Phil Jones in my 12.1 save and played him next to Breno. I moved Badstuber to play left FB. He is a bit slow but i play him very defensively anyway and considering the lack of good/affordable left FBs in the game, he is top, imo :)

Alaba i play as AML but as you said, he's also a great backup for MC and against weak opponents i also play him FB sometimes.

Olic is THE tutor. I should have never sold him :(

Looking forward to some screenshots and further reports!

im into my third season now just wol club world championchip. have wonned the leguea 2times in a row and heading for a third. and won champions leaguea once.

atm its thanks to my super striker leandro damiao , he is just insane. this season he has done 46goals!!! in 25 games, and im just in december.

and he seems to be like IRL messi, doesnt get tired, can play alot etc

Just a quick note - get Stevan Jovetic, at any price. I bought him in before the 2013-14 season and so far, he's scored 7 goals in as many games. And he isn't even a poacher, he helps setting up moves and everything (playing him as a lone trequartista up front in a 4-2-3-1). Just now scored on his 24th birthday against Stuttgart.

My third season with bayern was just a perfect season winning 6trophys total,

German super cup, european super cup, German cup, champions league, first division and club world championship.

fm1.png

there is no words describing leandro damiao, he is just INSANE

fm2f.png

frankly, there was no competion this year. last year dortmund put up a good fight but this was just a joke.

i was unbeaten for 29rounds, but when winning the title so early i let my talents get some more playtime.

now im thinking of what changes i wanna do before season 4.

im thinking of selling lahm, he is on a huge salary, even tho i got ALOT of cash i realy aiming for a plus result every month. so i realy like to think economicly, i just cant find a good player.

porto doesnt wanna sell alex sandro, and zenit doesnt wanna sell criscito, dont think contento is good enough for it. maybe martin olsson but dunno.

also in need of a striker/AR dont think marin has been good enough, neither reus has been good there.

Trying to do screenshots but can't get images that are a decent resolution, so may just put up some links tonight.

@superscunk I gave Alaba his first league start at AML in the second game after the winter break, humped Schalke 5-0 and he tore the right -back apart...moved 9 points clear thanks to results elsewhere. Looks like he could be my ace in the pack for the run-in...

Shipped Boateng out on loan to Inter Milan now I have Jones, haven't conceded since he joined either (only 2 games though!).

I believe i read somewhere that Jones got a boost in 12.2. He already was awesome in 12.1, so great buy for your team :)

Alaba was really great as AML, unfortunatly he got injured badly in my save and permanently lost 1/2* CA. He wanted a new challenge when he turned 28 so i sold him. He had reputation worldwide at that time.

If i should start a new 12.2 save i will try to develop Carn. Has anyone been able to get the best out of him?

well it was time for a change. need some motivated players for my 4e season

so i sold

Douglas costa £ 25mil

rafinha £ 5mil

lahm £ 26mil

boateng £ 7mil

guilherme £ 100k

and bought

jonjo shelvy £ 7mil

yann sommer £ 6.75mil

jose angel £ 15 mil

and i think i lowered my yearly wage bill there by over 10mil

closing in on Barcelona as the richest club in the world

Argh, Muller out for 3 months with a torn hamstring. Same game Lahm is out for 3 weeks with a pulled hamstring. Next game, Muller's replacement (Badelj) out for 3 weeks...

Time for Breno to come in and Jones to move to full-back I think, esp for next away game in Champs League (Valencia).

I've never been affected too badly by injury crises in the past so I quite enjoy them when they happen in a weird kind of way...gives me a chance to really try out the rest of my squad.

Not really. I've got 3 feeder clubs at the moment, the japanese club and one from 2. Bundesliga and 3. Bundesliga.

If i ask for a merch club they NEVER find a suggestion, if i ask for a regular feeder club i only get offered clubs from Germany.

I'd really like a club from a foreign first league (Austria, Portugal, etc). It was possible in FM11, i gave up now in FM12.

Not really. I've got 3 feeder clubs at the moment, the japanese club and one from 2. Bundesliga and 3. Bundesliga.

If i ask for a merch club they NEVER find a suggestion, if i ask for a regular feeder club i only get offered clubs from Germany.

I'd really like a club from a foreign first league (Austria, Portugal, etc). It was possible in FM11, i gave up now in FM12.

I've got NAC Breda, so it must be possible...maybe there's a limit on 3

I am starting a new game as Bayern.

Signing Ze Roberto to tutor David Alaba, good idea? It looks like he will be a useful man for the job.

I want to get some decent staff in, does anyone has any ideas who to get? Defence coach especially!

I am starting a new game as Bayern.

Signing Ze Roberto to tutor David Alaba, good idea? It looks like he will be a useful man for the job.

I want to get some decent staff in, does anyone has any ideas who to get? Defence coach especially!

Dave Parnaby (youth coach at Middlesbrough) is a 4.5* Defence Coach who signs for any Premier League team. I imagine getting him at Bayern will be very easy.

I'm going to start a Bayern save. I'll report in here when appropriate. I'll no doubt post something later tonight :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 3 which was my first with Bayern. Pretty good all up, won the league by 9 points and beat Division 2 Hoffenheim in German Cup Final, lost to Real Madrid in the Champions League semis 4-2 on aggregate which the fans were NOT happy about.

Scoring for fun in the first half of the season then lost Muller AND Piatti AND Robben to torn calf muscles meant a lot of grinding out of results but happy with how the likes of Alaba and Shaqiri stepped up. The loss of these 3 probably cost me the Champs League as I didn't have enough firepower to beat Madrid.

Kroos won Footballer of the Year although he was dead on his feet by the end of the season.

Looking forward to having a clear out, think it's time to get rid of Ribery as he is on 165k a week and is rapidly losing his physicals so don't think I can justify keeping him. Getting rid of Petersen, Milevsky and Balotelli going back to City so I need another couple of strikers. Gomez ran out of goals in the second half as well but I think that was partly due to the lack of service from behind from the stand-ins, and also I had to keep chopping and changing the team to keep everybody fresh.

My defensive record was good all season, only 18 goals conceded in the league. Phil Jones turned out to be a great signing as he was always a goal threat at set-pieces...

The season of 2016/17 will be my 2nd season at Bayern. Anyway, I have a question. I just activated the German Third Division and my U23's will be participating in it. What happens if I register my entire squad for the Third Division? Will my first team players be selected by my Assistant Manager, or only the ones I make available for the U23s?

You will be asked which players from your first team you would like to make available for your U23s just like you would with a normal reserve team. Mine were in Third Division as well and got relegated! Was a very young team though as I didn't have a big enough squad to support them, not enough decent early-20s players and had a big gap between first team players and u19s.

Hoping they come straight back up though and I'm shaping my u23s/u19s accordingly...

Archived