FM12: FC Bayern München - Mission Munich 2012

The main reason i bought him: he's German

I'm sure there are cheaper/better alternatives if you dont care about nationality.

I bought him in my first game which i played for 1/2 season. He scored more goals than Robben or Ribery.

He's also very versatile and since Robbery are constantly injured...plus he can play as striker backup for Gomez.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was thinking of getting him because he is German, Just that 15mill puts me off.

Gomez so far 11 games 3 goals & 4 assists. maybe he is having a slow start :/ I have him as a poacher attacking but just doesn't seem to score, he has had 30shots :(

Also my champions league group is Napoli,Shakhtar & Man City

Wow, unlucky with your CL group!

I had the exact same group in my first game and probably wouldnt have made the next stage. City and Shakhtar slaughtered me. But Robbery, Gomez and Kroos were injured in some CL games.

About Gomez: 7 games, 15 goals & 3 assists. I'm using the tactic from FuSS, i really struggle when making my own :(

Gomez hasn't scored in 7 league games uh oh .. This save is one of my own tactics so I hope it can last!! I bat Napoli 2-1 then Shakhtar 6-0 which I was pleased with Gomez got a hattrick in that game. Would love him to score in the league though !! Got super happy before as Schweinsteiger made 121 passes completing 119 of them, Love getting high passes and winning :)

trade you my Gomez for yours! haha

Computer crash took be back couple games only beat Shakrtar 2-0 now

Perhaps your tactic distributes the goals more evenly between the front rows?

In the last game with my own tactic my attacking midfield (AML, AMC, AMR) had much more goals and Gomez didnt score that well either.

With this downloaded tactic everything seems set up for the striker position and my midfield hardly scores.

Gomez after 11 matches: 23 goals & 3 assists :)

Unsure if its my tactic or that my team are just being bad right now.. the depth of quality in defence is worrying for me as when Badstuber players I lose & its not helping me!! cutting edge seems to have gone from the rest of my team that was there early on

Nice transfers :D

Currently in March on my game top of the league by 5 points just beat second place Dortmund 5-0, Gomez missed a pen aswell.

Lahm & Muller get injured alot for me

Signed Marco Reus in Jan for his release fee, half of it over 48months & Kevin Volland will be joining next season

Robben is like god, he was the runner up for world golden ball & player of the year.

editing this in, got Real Madrid first knockout stage of champs league, won first leg 1-0 at home but I can't see the second leg being good

I guess it was just bad luck that it was the same position again.

Usually i always have 1-2 injured players and i find that realistic. It also adds a fun challenge if both 1st team and backup player are injured at the same time :)

Regarding one of your last posts:

Gomez is really bad at penalties in my game too: 0/3. Although he was only 3.-4. choice, I took him off the list now completely.

And Lahm has been injured quite long/often in my game too. Thinking of training Alaba as a permanent backup since i'm not sure how well Contento will develop. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, thats what i thought. Will try to train Alaba :)

Something i've been noticing lately:

My attendance is dropping. It's mid-march, i'm leading the league with >10 points and cruising along. Even my CL game against Villarreal in first knock-out round wasnt sold out. Have you guys noticed the same?

Wouldnt be very realistic, Bayerns games are ALWAYS sold out.

My average attendance is more than the official capacity of the Allianz Arena, so no. :p

I think the board removed the standing areas though, so that might be the reason for that.

How much has your attendance dropped? A couple hundred missing in dead rubber games doesn't seem that unlikely for the game.

The lowest league attendance was ~57k a few matches ago, the last CL game around ~62k.

They arent redoing anything, some matches have regular sold out capacity of 69k, ie. last match against Nürnberg.

If it's only in my game and u guys dont see this occuring, then it's perhaps something in my game i did.

PS: Gomez broke Müller's goal record :)

I quite like Contento I find him pretty useful. Finished my season quite shocked with it will do a better write up on it soon.. I will say that I didn't run away with the league for some reason I struggled! I won but Koln seemed to push me all the way, I had alot of defensive issues & Gomez issues as he was my only real striker.

I recommend Marco Reus,the guy is a genius! also scored the winner in a very important match ;)

I just finished my 1st season. Not sure how to feel about it.

Cons:

- lost to Dortmund already in 2nd round of DFB Cup

- got slaughtered by Inter in CL semi-finals away with 5:2

Pros:

- we really dominated the Bundesliga

- Gomez is a monster: 44 matches, 68 goals & 22 assists !!!

- Robben won "World Player of the Year"

- Gomez will probably win the best player of CL

Conclusion:

The defence is weak and the main problem, i think. Then it could also be the tactic i'm using (FuSS).

Future transfers:

- I'd really like to keep Breno/Boateng/Badstuber as CBs. Not sure what to do now, since the defense could use a top-class addition. Boateng looks like the worst of the three, his defensive stats arent really impressive. But i think he has the highest PA of that bunch? And he is very versatile, i like that.

Tough choice! Any advice?

- I need a 2nd playmaker to rotate with Kroos on AMC. Müller is the wrong type of player for my tactic.

- If i have money left over (no idea what my budget will be), i might look for a replacement for Tymo.

Here's some pics:

wya5jm1gspev.jpg

cja9qbmsfxmn.jpg

zccdqydq624.jpg

The thing about Boateng is that he has quite poor training-influencing attributes - determination, work rate and a couple of hidden ones. In all likelihood he is not going to fulfill his potential altogether. However, he also has huge pace and, at least in my suicidally high line, it works wonders (I play with the highest possible line and have only conceded 9 goals in the Hinrunde of my 2nd season, and before an injury crisis hit me in late November, it was only 3). It's a matter of preference, really, there's no sweeping statement whether or not he's a good defender.

A replacement for Tymo could be either of Radja Nainggolan or Kara, depending on what you like in a midfielder. Both are available for around 10 mil. If you want to go for the exquisite option, I managed to pry Khedira away from Real for 40 million. He's been playing fairly well, as much as the underrated MC role can in FM12.

CL Semi final is good though!! Winning the league :D

We have the same cb's in Breno/Boateng/Badstuber & I find Badstuber really bad & the other two get sent off alot for me.. I like Boateng but I think Breno is better but for Boatneg's wages he is on nearly 90k and I think that is very high for a average player when they could be spent elsewhere

Where do you play Muller? he was good for me at cam

Thank your both for your input!

I just looked at their stats but that didnt really help much.

Boateng tackles 71%, headers 89%, passes 71%, but he also had 3/71 mistakes.

Breno tackles 67%, headers 88%, passes 71%, and 0/61 mistakes.

Badstuber tackles 79%, headers 85%, passes 69%, and 1/62 mistakes.

I think i will sell Breno. He's not German and it would be more realistic after what happend in RL. Weird reasons, but i just cant decide lol

@ Wilson7

I play Müller everywhere, but mostly AMR. He's also a good backup for Gomez.

Since there's always someone injured he also gets enough matches. Only AMC i hardly play him, i move Ribery/Schweinsteiger here if Kroos isnt available.

Robben was amazing for me, Ribery played well but I guess I expected more will look at his stats on my game later to decide what I want to do wit him, don't want to sell but he is 30mill and nearly 30 ain't he? aswell as a super high wage

End of season 1.

Kept changing my tactic throughout the year trying to make it right but I guess that was my downfall, I won the league but Koln pushed me all the way.. I don't know how the German league usually develops so I thought it was good that they kept up with me to say the least!! Second season should hopefully be better in league form I hope!

http://gyazo.com/9e7a421c31e573fb6a22ccb3f91ecb0e

Won't say much about the champions league just let the fixtures do the talking, Was very lucky in the second leg V Madrid, they had Ramos sent off and I had about 4 shots

http://gyazo.com/6572c897c29a781c0ff967296f287f88

Final

http://gyazo.com/158893f1666c3b41d0cd04b359192d06.png?1326397710

German cup I completely dominated which I was pleased about, Beat Dortmund 2-1 in the final. Muller & Gomez with the goals, Gotze scored late on for them just shows that he needs to join the best team now ;)

Overall team stats , my players done well I thought. I had alot of injuries throughout the season which lasted months at a time at one point and seems I was playing reserves at one point which was very frustrating!! just need to add more depth to my team and it will become alot better hopefully.. Defence is a key area

http://gyazo.com/a9c605f4aeecc8ae562e8d6306442193

I also found these two regens when I got the youth intake.. Decided to search around abit, they both will join for a combined fee of 3mill

http://gyazo.com/cf67cf2c9725782402e526c79003a912

http://gyazo.com/5901bc412361d908c32df96ee5113441

Thoughts are welcome

edit. images wont load ...

Wow, well done winning the CL!

Your season was much better than mine :thup:

Will be interesting to see how u decide about transfers since we have the exact same team (i dont have Cigerci). Where do u see weak spots besides defence? Which CB are u selling?

I'm really clueless about what to do with my CBs and who i should buy instead.

I've already sold 3 players and bought Träsch since Wolfsburg offered him for market value (they got relegated).

I decided to cancel my offer for Otamendi. His stats look too similar to Breno's.

Sold:

Rafinha <=> Träsch

Petersen

Ribery

Wish i could get Götze, that would solve my playmaker/AMC and Ribery gap :D

@ trivium123

Ribery didnt impress me either. Reus played much better.

I want to sell Boateng but he's German which is a big plus!! looking at my reports and other things Breno is the weakest of the three and he isn't German so he might get the cop & look to replace with Howedes or Hummels both will cost alot though ! Another striker for me is key & maybe another left winger but having wingers who can play on both sides helps alot.

Didn't know Badstuber was worth 15mill !!

How much did you get for Ribery ? unsure what to do with him, his 24 assists kinda makes me need to keep him. Gotze would be amazing, not many good German wingers who are good.. Depending how much money I get, I might get Marin

Haha, we have the same thoughts about the CBs :)

quaazi had a good point though that Boateng's speed is very nice to have. Will have to think about this a bit more.

I also doubt i can afford Hummels/Höwedes.

quaazi mentioned Kara as DM, he actually looks like a really good CB too :thup:

I still need one more player for the offense, a super allrounder. Or two for the 4 positions (ST, AML/C/R).

Hazard comes to mind.

I sold Ribery to City for market value, 24.5M. I have to pay 2.5M/year wage though. Even City didnt want to pay his 10M :lol:

But Ribery did really well for u, i think. 24 assists & 11 goals and u're not happy?

To be honest with you, when you look at the stats, Breno is better than him, twice. Don't know how but.. Anyway, I got Vertonghen from Ajax to pair with Badstuber. He is the cheapest world class CB in the game. Plus has the qualities of a leader so he can be your 3rd captain, behind Lahm and Schweini.

was trying to buy as many German players as I can which is difficult all seem to cost alot! might need to look out of Germany for some players .. I can get Tevez for 10mill now but wit his wages and I have a couple youth players in the attacking area I've decided against it right now

Well, I finished my first season and... Wow, just wow. It was incredible really. If someone told me I would be so excited and overjoyed because of a simple game.. We won Bundesliga and Champions League, lost in the finals of the domestic cup (silly, leading 2-0 then conceded two stupid goals and lost on penalties). I am excited because the way we did it, great defence, possesion and almost no tackles, real football. Start of the season was not promising, lost some easy game, barely winning against some Romanian side in qualifications for Champions League, I thought I was doomed. But than I made some changes, I replaced Ribery with Muller and it all started to look like a very good team.

Neuer was amazing, he is the best goalie in the world by a mile. Gomez, 42 goals, unstoppable. Robben became nightmare of many opponents, many goals and countles assists, I wish he was not injured for a 2 or 3 months during the season. Lahm was the best defender and true leader of the team, Bastian was good also, nothing spectacular but I see him as a glue and a man that keeps everything together, he was more than good in that role. And than, the best player of the season, Thomas Muller. He suprised me with his games on right wing, I thought he was better as AMC, but this boy is versatile as a mother******! I think I will sell Ribery (excelent money + I will get rid of his HUGE salary) and put Robben on his spot and Muller on right, Thomas is to good for the bench.

CL final was really enjoyable. Barca fielded 6 homegrown players in their starting lineup and same was with me. They got us with 2 solid goals and I had to replace Ribery who was - again - poor. As the game moved on, I made a change in strategy going to Overload and 'Push higher'. That payed dividends as we stormed pass Barca with incredible attacking display. Leader of everything - THOMAS MULLER! I am sad because we didn't manage to win treble (stupid game against Leverkusen) but anyway, beating Barca in the CL final is the best thing ever.

Some youngsters got their chance this season, Emre Can, Markoutz, Verratti, Henriksen.. Also, I have a real dilemma. Diego Contento played quite a few games for me, he was excelent, he even played in the Finals against Barcelona, I am thinking of selling Rafinha and putting Lahm in his favourite position with Diego on LB. Another German, homegrown boy in the starting lineup - I always endorce homegrown policy and I am big fan of the teams with that philosophy.

Anyway, enough with my ramblings, here are some screenshots from the game and highlights from the Final of CL.

untitled.png

untitledss.png

untitledssss.png

[video=youtube;xeerh-LnayQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeerh-LnayQ

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1r/fP/3zFndwSK/untitledew.png

Was Robben injured for a long time for you, Koma? He looks a bit poorer than he does for me attribute-wise.

Bah, serves me right for looking at pictures first like an impatient kid. :p

To be honest with you, when you look at the stats, Breno is better than him, twice. Don't know how but.. Anyway, I got Vertonghen from Ajax to pair with Badstuber. He is the cheapest world class CB in the game. Plus has the qualities of a leader so he can be your 3rd captain, behind Lahm and Schweini.

I usually don't want to give the captaincy to new guys. I even prefer players with merely decent influence (10-15) over newbies with 20 INF. Players gain influence as captains anyway (Lahm got one influence last year, but then I switched to Schweini).

Also, I'll show you what I mean when I say that Boateng plays better than his attributes suggest he would:

13z992r.jpg

9j25vb.jpg

Badstuber got a boost to his CA, by the way, and Boateng still played better (I raised Boateng's PA, but he hasn't even come close to fulfilling his old PA, let alone the new one... poor determination and work rate are the culprits). Note Boateng's larger tackle ratio and less fouls conceded. The game really values physicals over mental or technical attributes, and it's visible here. It is important to play a high line with Boateng on "cover" duty, though. Otherwise his huge pace is wasted. So many times I can see an opponent striker seemingly clear through on goal only to have a superb vintage Lucio tackle made on him by Boateng.

That's not to say Badstuber is playing poorly though, in fact his superb positioning is why he doesn't have as many tackles as Boateng. I use him a bit further up the pitch to basically channel the play to the flanks (noone scores from crosses anyway).

Very nice season @ Koma ! :thup:

I was also thinking about playing Lahm on the right side. For some reason i dont like him on left in the game (and RL). I prefer a FB who can cross instead of cutting inside since i already play with inside forwards.

Will have to think about it and look at Contento's stats again. Btw, is there any way to see the stats of the first season once 2nd started?

Funny that u also agree on Boateng having weird attributes. My ass.man and scouts always list him as my top CB though.

I've also looked at Vertonghen and all the other usual recommendations. But same as Wilson, i'd prefer German players. After reading his offers for Hummels/Höwedes, i wont even continue trying though lol

Perhaps i'll just go into the season with the same CBs and try to unsettle Höwedes until winter. Since the OP lists him as a recommended transfer, it must be possible to sign him somehow?!

Has any1 here played a Bayern save before and trained Alaba as a successful AML or FB? Will he turn 1st teamish or more backup? Still thinking what to do with him.

Götze signed a new 5 year contract with Dortmund. I guess i can forget about signing him anytime soon.

Oh well, to sum it up:

i'm totally clueless about what to do lol

Yeah, same old story with Robben and Ribery, injured for 2 weeks, 1 week, couple of days, nothing serious tho', but they did miss certain amount of games. Still, whenever Arjen played, he destroyed everyone.

Well, to be honest, part from Vertonghen, I could not see someone who can lead the team, if van Bomel was still here, he would be my 3rd captain.

Preparations for 2nd season are over, signings I made are talented youth players, nothing spectacular. I also decided to sell Rafinha, put Lahm on RB with explosive Vrsaljko as his main backup, Contento on the LB. Boateng will be backup for fullbacks while Breno and new boy Stefan Bell will act as cover for Badstuber and Vertonghen. One big change was transfer of Luis Gustavo, he is very good DM but I do not use that in my tactic so I decided to get some nice cash for him and put Henriksen next to Kroos and Schweini.

Oh, btw, Adler came for free. It's like having a Spiderman as a backup for Batman.

dddv.png

EDIT

Good stuff for Boateng mate, he will get enough chance this season, hopefully he can improve in my save.

Thanks for thumbs up mate. ;) @supercunk

Considering CB, I also wanted Hummels and Howedes but they are to expensive, I could get Mats for 45m, but there is no way I am going to spend so much money on 1 player. It's the same in the second season, they just won't sell them. Same for Gotze. Maybe it will change in the 3rd year, don't know to be honest.

About Alaba, I didn't tried to train him for any other position because he does well for my BBM style, maybe he would be good as FB but for me, excelent MC.

One big change was transfer of Luis Gustavo, he is very good DM but I do not use that in my tactic so I decided to get some nice cash for him and put Henriksen next to Kroos and Schweini.

Yeah, I sold Gustavo too. But not because he didn't fit in, instead because he is awful when put under pressure (psychological, not pressing in game). If you play against him, bring him up as the danger man/weakest link (not sure which it is for a CM), he's certain to have an awful game.

Has any1 here played a Bayern save before and trained Alaba as a successful AML or FB? Will he turn 1st teamish or more backup? Still thinking what to do with him.

Take a look at my Alaba thread, man! He is overtaking Ribery as first choice LW for me.

Thing about Gustavo is, he has that work rate, stamina and every other basic stat for a solid DM, but he does not have that mentaly strong attitude and composure that the best DM's have. Take a look at M'Vila, de Rossi, they also have work rate and similar basic stats to Gustavo, but they are also brave and they play excelent when under pressure. When player - esspecialy DM - gets under pressure in big games, that's when you need him most. That is when he goes first in the ''battle'' without hesitation. I didn't see that in Gustavo and as quaazi said, he is like a work man waiting to clean the ball, not going for it leading the line.

Archived