FM12: FC Bayern München - Mission Munich 2012

Cont:

Transfers In/Out: Summer

TWA9z.png

Found it very difficult to bring in players from rival clubs, Dortmund wanted £56 million for Hummels and £130 million for Goetze? Having a laugh.

Schalke wanted in excess of £40 million for Howedes.

Looks like I'm going to have to bring German players through myself.

Bring on the challenge.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out Götze got a 9 month long injury in my game. Basically he out until his 20th birthday...

The question is - will the probably cut down price for which he'll be available be worth it despite the inevitable and for all intents and purposes, immeasurable decline in PA? Still, a real pity a great talent like that has to suffer such an injury.

Just found out Götze got a 9 month long injury in my game. Basically he out until his 20th birthday...

The question is - will the probably cut down price for which he'll be available be worth it despite the inevitable and for all intents and purposes, immeasurable decline in PA? Still, a real pity a great talent like that has to suffer such an injury.

Think he is still young enough to reach his PA, had he been a bit older then that may not have been the case.

Curse of the freak accidents, Ribery for me is out for 6 months with a broken leg, at the age of 30 this could signal the end, he had just won the Golden Ball and crowned World Player of the year!

Hope he is stats won't dip too much that he is not part of the first team.

NIqqA.png

I think your Ribery could, retirement forbidding, still end up as a great playmaker. His physicals will start dipping pretty soon, but if his mental attributes rise as a result, he could end up as your first option for a trequartista

Never thought of that. Cheers quaazi.

Just wanted to share some of the youth talents that came through the academy last two years:

Best one from the first season:

alenvukovicoverviewprof.png

He came in the second season and will feature as a right back backup this year and maybe more in a few years:

uweriedleoverviewprofil.png

He is the best from the second season intake - touted to be the next Franz Beckenbauer as well...

marouenetrabelsiovervie.png

Season 3 Bundesliga Update 2012/13 Part 1

Bayern Munchen:

Results:

MnKRf.png

German Bundesliga Table:

IQMY0.png

Lost only the once. Had hoped to go the whole distance without losing but its such a hard feat to manage.

Champions League Table:

M4tQ3.png

Some poor performances, against Paris (away) and Salzburg (away) led to me coming second. I have Atletico Madrid in the second round and having won the Champions League last season, am expecting to at least reach the final again.

Hi.

German_wunderkind.

Could you please give a few more pointers as to how you have set up your tactics, especially the 4231 that they play in real life ? I would like to know passing style, creative freedom, closing down, tackling, marking, crossing, roaming, use of playmaker/target man, shouts used, if any sliders are altered, set pieces, set piece takers etc. I am struggling to get a consistent tactic that emulates real life FC Bayern play.

From what I have seen, they try to dominate posession and let the two wingers run at the opposition with the ball. Schweinsteiger dictates play from deep. Kroos runs forward and cuts inside to shoot, Boateng (as DR) runs forward and crosses from wide, and Gomez seems to be able to score with little effort.

Also, Schweinsteiger usually plays on the left in every game I have watched.

My ambition is to do similar to you. I want an entire team composed of German players within 5 seasons. (A sort of five year plan). I would also like to manage the German national team using only Bayern players. My game has them not greyed out currently - however the next steam update may alter that...

I am a liitle frustrated with the transfer system as I believe that the boards of many rivals would not refuse large-ish sums of cash for the players I want. Neuer moved to Bayern, why wouldn't others do this too ?

Also, could you post a link or PM me where to get the team photos and badges for the Bundesliga ?

Thanks. Really well written Team report. I will start some posts in this thread once I get going in my Bayern save.

Steve.

Hi.

German_wunderkind.

Could you please give a few more pointers as to how you have set up your tactics, especially the 4231 that they play in real life ? I would like to know passing style, creative freedom, closing down, tackling, marking, crossing, roaming, use of playmaker/target man, shouts used, if any sliders are altered, set pieces, set piece takers etc. I am struggling to get a consistent tactic that emulates real life FC Bayern play.

From what I have seen, they try to dominate posession and let the two wingers run at the opposition with the ball. Schweinsteiger dictates play from deep. Kroos runs forward and cuts inside to shoot, Boateng (as DR) runs forward and crosses from wide, and Gomez seems to be able to score with little effort.

Also, Schweinsteiger usually plays on the left in every game I have watched.

My ambition is to do similar to you. I want an entire team composed of German players within 5 seasons. (A sort of five year plan). I would also like to manage the German national team using only Bayern players. My game has them not greyed out currently - however the next steam update may alter that...

I am a liitle frustrated with the transfer system as I believe that the boards of many rivals would not refuse large-ish sums of cash for the players I want. Neuer moved to Bayern, why wouldn't others do this too ?

Also, could you post a link or PM me where to get the team photos and badges for the Bundesliga ?

Thanks. Really well written Team report. I will start some posts in this thread once I get going in my Bayern save.

Steve.

Alright.

The formation we talk about is this one right?

fcbayernmnchentacticsov.png

Those are the team instructions I employ:

fcbayernmnchentacticste.png

I have not ticked the box for Schweinsteiger being the primary playmaker, since I believe that he does that as a dlp in his role anyways and Robben and Ribéry might not get enough touches that way.

I use him in the right spot of the two central midfielders since this is the flank he is coming from originally when he played as a right winger and Luiz Gustavo on the left since this is his preferred flank. I also think you can't really say one of them play 'on the right side', because especially Schweini moves around the whole pitch.

I have no further player instructions employed.

P.s.:

If you would go on an experiment to figure out how Bayern plays the same way on FM as in real life, this would be a great contribution to this thread. I do not have enough time on my hands right now, since the university exams will start in a few weeks...

Could be in the style of this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275877-The-Barcelona-Style-My-Interpretation

Not sure what people's views are on Markoutz. I'm trying to get him to his potential of 3.0 but he has such terrible mental/physical stats.

Nb5sr.png

I have managed to get his Determination up but will it be enough?

He has just scored a blinder of a goal, all of 30 yards.

Such a highly specialized player would, if not become a member of your team, fetch a considerable sum on the transfer market.

My advice - tutor him with your best players (looking at his stats, Robben might be a great tutor if he has a high enough determination), loan him somewhere where he can raise his value a lot, and reassess the situation.

Such a highly specialized player would, if not become a member of your team, fetch a considerable sum on the transfer market.

My advice - tutor him with your best players (looking at his stats, Robben might be a great tutor if he has a high enough determination), loan him somewhere where he can raise his value a lot, and reassess the situation.

Thanks quazzi, think i'll loan him out, see how he gets on.

Had him tutored by several different players, can't remember who exactly. Fined him for poor performance once and few weeks later his determination had risen by two.

Never realised fining players had such an influence. Good tip.

What role is everyone using Thomas Müller in? His technical stats are ridiculously underrated. 14 finishing lol.

New youth intake and this is the best of the lot.

Rated at 4.5

The new Gomez?:

Razzi.png

Good bravery attribute and will get him tutored. Hope he lives up to his potential.

This is Emre Can after three seasons for me:

BCdrn.png

Rated still at 3.5 and only at 2.0

Oliver Markoutz after three seasons and he wouldn't go out on loan:

4v7Us.png

Rated at 3.0 and currently on 2.0

So potential in both still to rise.

Scout just came back with this:

pbrIs.png

He is definitely getting bought.

What are your views?

I know its hard, but stick with your original idea. Set you scouts to only search in Germany, Switserland, Austria, Poland and Holland for players under 21. That way you will not get faced with all those amazing South American gems.

I am also on the go with my save now. Loaded without having TB, I am playing a 4-2-2-2 now as I don't feel the squad has any great AMC playmakers. I am going to try the "German way" also. And in the winter these players are allowed to move:

- Daniël van Buyten

- Luiz Gustavo (Arsenal wants him and I am not a real fan of him)

- Frank Ribéry (the little bastard has no work rate, determination, teamwork or what so ever and I am looking to replace him with Marko Reus or Patrick Hermann who I gave a -9 in a earlier edit to my DB.)

- Breno (not good enough imo)

- Pranjic (same)

I promoted Emre Can to the first team squad, he is going to play a lot this season, I got Tymoshuck to tutor him.

I am still looking for a good DM with lots of strengh to cover the midfield area but no German MC/DM's who are strong on the ball (except for Khedira but no option at this stage) and same for the AMC role who I cannot find a good German player for (yes, there is of course Özil, but same story as Khedira). So I thinking of continuing with my 4-2-2-2 as I like both Gomez and Olic and Pederson and Müller are both also good as strikers.

Yann M'Vila is the go-to guy if you need a solid ball-buster for your midfield. If you insist on a German option, either of the Bender bros...?

I have a similar problam with CAM, though. Götze/Özil are too expensive, Reus is a winger, Müller I find works better as a striker, Ribery isn't performing proportionally to his huge wages so planning on selling him in the summer, Robben can't play CAM (and doesn't have the creativity for it anyway), Kroos is my Schweini sub. I have some great prospects in Lucas Andersen and so on, but they won't be ready for at least a few seasons. Have also been playing the 4-2-2-2 for a while now.

Possible options for you could be to retrain Alaba for the position. I prefer him on the left flank as a successor to Ribery though (I also got really lucky with his PA). Future options could include Tolga Cigeri from Wolfsburg, he has a huge PA in my game (I don't remember where in the attacking midfield he played though). You could also add Usami to your save if FMRTE allows it.

BCFC_Mike,

The rules for the Bundesliga changed a few years ago. There are no longer any limits on foreign players. There is however a rule in the Bundesliga where you can only have 4 loaned players per season.

The rules for European competitions do have limits for your 25 man squad of: a minimum of 4 players trained at the club for 3 years ages 15-21 and 8 players trained Germany for 3 years ages 15-21.

Arghh, Ribery's injury history: 8.7.2011 torn calf muscle, 3 months (attributes went down a bit and he never regained them), 7.12.11 pulled hamstring, 3 weeks, 21.1.12 twisted ankle, 3 weeks, and then the worst: 11.4.12 broken leg, 5-6 months. I guess that's pretty much his career then, as the current FM is far too harsh on injured player's CA loss. NOT happy :(. And when he was able to play, he was great: 18(6) games, 13 goals, 7 assists and Av.R. 7.59.

I'm actually quite tempted to edit his broken leg to be less serious. I've no problem with the injury itself, these things happen IRL, but the decline of attributes is way too big, especially because he won't be able to regain them.

:(

I'd managed to sell Ribéry for 35 mil (euro) ... mainly over 48 months, but ok, he is a gone.

Won the Bundesliga with ease, to bad I lost at the final matchday 0-2 to Borussia M.

4ec8e3cb6ac4c-league_%281161_x_315%29.png

Won the DFB Pokal after penalty's from 1. FC Köln while I was the whole match the better team, and this happends often to me this game, that while I am better in everything else, the team I play always manages to get those sneaky goals.

Lost the CL to that damn Barcelona :mad:. I was again the better side, but hey playing against Xavi, Messi and Iniesta ...

Squad at the moment:

4ec8e3d8974ce-team_bayern_%281122_x_359%29.png

Sticking with my "German rule" although I am also open for Austrian and Swiss players. Petersen is on fire this season, but not sure how long that will go on, last year he sucked and he is constaly whining that he wants to be a first team player and is now also transfer listed on request. Looking to offload Olic in the winter transfer window so I can get some money for him. And wanting to bring in Stefan Kießling as his replacement.Also wanted to sign Hummels and Mario Götze, but Hummels would cost me over 50 mil and Götze isn't interested in joining my team :(

Has anyone managed to sign Hummels or Höwedes? I don't know what happened, throughout the first season whenever I scouted them the report said that they were interested, and I kept praising them to create a relationship. But when I reached the end of May, they suddenly aren't interested anymore, according to my scouts, and give negative responses to praise. Can't be a reputation issue, as I won the Bundesliga and German Cup both. Hummels has both me and Bayern in his favourites.

Archived