Prize money

sheeshy

I am in the process of setting up the Oceania leagues, and I wanted 2nd opinions on when setting prize money for a league, what comes into it? Is it the club value, or the league rep that dictates it? The countries standing in world football? Would be handy to know for future leagues too.

I don't want teams sitting on piles of money they can't spend, but I don't want them all struggling either. I am not daft, I know Oceania is hardly the place to find league winners getting 7 or 8 figure sums for coming 1st or 2nd etc.

The bigger leagues tend to have larger pots of gold available to teams who finish at the top. I would personally just copy over the prize money which the winner of the A-League gets for New Zealand, and then scale it down depending on the number of times each country has won the regional champions league.

Of course, if you want to make the leagues competitive in the world market you will need to up the reputation to ensure that teams have a way of spending that money on better talent to ensure the league's development.

Ta for the reply. I'd rather go for realism, and have small amounts made available to the nations I intend to create, like Fiji etc. If they win their champions league a few times, their league rep will go up, which should push the money up.

I found some info on the prize money for the Solomons League - prize money only goes to the League Winner (and the Cup Winner) and in both cases they receive 150,000 Solomon Island Dollars which is eqivalent to about £13,000

That's handy mate. Think I found the page you are looking at, it's about 12.5k. great stuff!

Several "hand-made" new leagues have prize-money in some sort of another.

However some doesn´t

Of course my question would be how this will play out over the years ??

If one can´t be 100% sure what prize-money to set, how would leaving it empty turn out ??

My fear is always that with hand-made prize-money the economy could get out of spin in compare to FM real created leagues.

Looking in the game itself under Rules I can´t see any prize-money for standard leagues, only for these added leagues.

What is the overall result ?

Archived