Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crocop

extracting data from database

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone here can help me. I would like to extract all fm12 data and import it to mysql in order to create a search and preview web application.

When finished, it should enable us "managers" to search and view players, staff, clubs, competitions and nations with their history, attributes and such common data while we are not at our computer or our FM!

I have always wanted to check a player while I was watching a football match from the stands :) and know there are more of us!

So, I will accept any sort of assistance you can give!

Thank you,

Crocop

LB50 is probably right, not sure about just stuff in the database but what you may be thinking of doing might not be possible.

Anyway, MYSQL is nearly as flawed as doing statistical analysis in Excel :D :D :D

Yeah, as littleblue50 said you'll be violating terms of use and copyrights if you do that and upload it to the web. SI take their databse protection quite seriously as it is really what makes them unique amongst other football management games.

Thank you for your comments!

I was thinking of EULA, but don't all FM affiliate websites violate EULA then? You can find player, staff, club, etc. screenshots on almost every better FM site...

The plan was to generate profiles just like a screenshot would be (attributes, info) from the db. Is that against the rules? If it is, than all of the websites should have a major problem...

Please, could someone from SI comment this! I really want to know more...

Thank you!

Thank you for your comments!

I was thinking of EULA, but don't all FM affiliate websites violate EULA then? You can find player, staff, club, etc. screenshots on almost every better FM site...

The plan was to generate profiles just like a screenshot would be (attributes, info) from the db. Is that against the rules? If it is, than all of the websites should have a major problem...

Please, could someone from SI comment this! I really want to know more...

Thank you!

It's a bit different taking a picture of something compared to creating a complete copy and placing it on the web for all to see.

the point is that all I want in fact are screenshots, but don't want to take them and upload manually one by one...

was thinking more of creating some sort of generator that pulls data and creates ss ;)

the same thing as in FM Genie Scout for example, only this one should be online and not connected to a save. It would be connected to database values and generate profiles from db only.

As a save game scout creator myself I can say that over time I've found that exporting small patches of some stats from search results into csv or something hasn't got me in trouble but I learnt that if we provided the ability to export all data then SI will have alot to say about that. So I could do what you want to do but legally, I can't even in my own scout/editor (fmsx)

Ok, making the whole db available really would be too much.

But what do you think about exporting/generating player profiles from some of the top leagues in the world?

For example: eng, spa, ita, ger, fra. Is it possible to generate screenshots of players automatically while the name of a certain screenshot is his fm ID? What tool do you suggest?

I would be very careful in treading that path and probably ask permission from si (which tbh i doubt theyd give) but in answer to your 2nd question, no tool does that - you'd have to write your own to parse the db.