Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you continue and it crashes, does a box pops up saying Football Manager has unexpectidly quit/crashdump or something along those lines? If so, can you just not ignore the box and continue? It happened to me and I ignored the box (didn't click on it) and pressed continue and it worked for me. The only problem I had with this is that my screen resolution was stretched but I saved the game after I got past the dump, reloaded it and the resoution was back to normal. A long shot, but it worked for me.

When you continue and it crashes, does a box pops up saying Football Manager has unexpectidly quit/crashdump or something along those lines? If so, can you just not ignore the box and continue? It happened to me and I ignored the box (didn't click on it) and pressed continue and it worked for me. The only problem I had with this is that my screen resolution was stretched but I saved the game after I got past the dump, reloaded it and the resoution was back to normal. A long shot, but it worked for me.

Tried that. It immediately shuts down and reboots via Steam. I'

loathe to call it a Steam issue, but as I said, I'll spend a while going through my options!

Tried that. It immediately shuts down and reboots via Steam. I'

loathe to call it a Steam issue, but as I said, I'll spend a while going through my options!

Hmmm, not sure then. Like you say, spend a while going through your options. The last thing you want is to lose this save.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Montichiari (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

A top of the table clash which was chock-ful of incident. Alex Lieti saw a straight red for violent conduct after only 2 mins and we conceded on 14 mins to the league leaders, thanks to a header from a corner. We were given a great chance to tie it up on 46 mins when Graziani was felled in the box, but he skied his penalty. I called Rolando Zarate out to replace Ivan Graziani and his last action on the pitch was to stab the ball home to level it up. 1-1 and I hoped we could keep it like that til the end, but new loan signing Lorenzo Degri had other ideas. Picking the ball up 30 yards out, he steadied himself and thundered a strike into the top corner. 2-1 in the 90th minute. And that's how it ended.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Novese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

This almost seemed routine.. A stooping header from Kaider Cadi put us in the lead on 4 mins. Although we conceded a simple one on 12 mins, an Ivan Graziani double and a Francesco Corapi strike totally took it out of their reach, That win took us top for the first time ever!

-------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

Only players coming in were loans as I gave it all I could to get out of C2/B. DM/MC Lorenzo Degri was the marquee loan signing from Internazionale, along with D/WBL Simone Carminatti from AlbinoLeffe and DR Simone Ceccarelli from Roma to cover our shocking lack of cover at full-back. This however, put us almost £1k over our wage budget...

Outgoing were all my staff that I had brought in during a 'Night Of The Long Crash Dumps' purge, like in 1932 and DM Kuami Agboh, who I fear, was the ringleader/person causing all the trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube;9PuuQ9XwWCo]

Enjoy Degri's debut goal

Whay!

How did you know it was your staff?

I'd be happier with a few more clean sheets - first priority and all that (I can't remember the Italian phrase from the book). Good work though D.

Through one of my experiments, I quit and run the game through past that dump date. It worked. So I retired, added a new manager and that was fine. However, when I clicked on 'Meet Your Staff', it crashed again. So I rebooted the save, dumped the staff and BOOM!

I am trying to concede less, but it seems that it's mainly from set-pieces atm, along with needing depth on the full-back front

I fear this club may be a vicious circle. We need better players to make catenaccio really work. However, they require wages and that is not what my club likes playing. To get a decent wage budget, we need to sell players and therefore get in inferior ones to pay for the good ones etc. I think if we don't make it up this year, we might not for a few years...

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Ebolitana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

We twice had to come from behind in this game. An early one put us behind the eight ball, but Rolando Zárate netted to tie it up. We AGAIN conceded a pen for 1-2, but Nadir Bendahmane struck to tie it up.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Catanzano (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

We AGAIN conceded two goals from set-pieces. This is what is killing us. We just can't defend set-pieces :( However, goals from Nadir Bendahmane, Ivan Graziani and an 84th minute winner from Kadir Caidi saw us cement top spot.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Aprilla (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Another game, another header conceded from a corner. Luckily, a Lorenzo Degeri screamer and a breakaway Ivan Graziani goal meant that we took home 3 points.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Vigor Lamezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

We didn't concede from a header. We also didn't score. Seems to be a trade-off.

Well, this crash dump issue seems to be when I try to sign ANY backroom staff. I've tried 3 or 4 times and every time, it crash dumps.

So, with a heavy heart, I'm going to quit Santarcangelo at the end of the season. My contract is up anyway and I cannot move on without staff. Not if I want to improve. So I'll let my contract expire and find another Serie C club. Hopefully, I'll get promoted so I can try to go for a C1 club

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Mezzocorona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

An absolute stroll in the park. Ivan Graziani set us on our way, before a Francesco Corapi strike and a Lorenzo Degeri double sealed it. Degeri's second was an absolute peach as well.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Perugia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Honours even in this top-of-the-table clash. Rolando Zárate and Ivan Graziani twice put us in the lead before being pegged back twice.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Neapolis Frattese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Rolando Zárate netted early on to steady our nerves, then Francesco Corapi finished them off, despite a late goal conceded.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Arzanese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Ivan Graziani was our saviour here, as he netted two late on to save us from defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Feralpi Salo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Bore draw

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Brindisi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Antonio Campillo, Nicola Di Pivo[/b] and Giovanni Bianciotto all netted to give us a 4 point advantage at the top

-----------------------------------------------

[video=youtube;jSuMN3M_pXw]

ANOTHER 90th min wonder strike from Degeri. I'll miss him.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Milazzo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Another absolute stroll in the park. Rolando Zárate set us on our way with a double, before an Angelo Gregori header and an Antonio Campillo strike sealed it.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Alma Juventus Fano (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Total misstep. Over-confidence, tired team and bad team-talk all conspired to make us lose.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Siracusa (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

We went 3-0 up before HT with a double from Rolando Zárate and a goal from Ivan Graziani, however Siracusa made it very interesting late on.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 4 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

Totally demolished. It's games like this that make me glad I'm leaving. Lorenzo Degeri with our lone reply.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Fondi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

BOOM! Easy 3-1 win. Rolando Zárate, Ivan Graziani and Simone Lucci, with his first goal of the season with the goals.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Aversa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

An Angelo Gregori header won the first ever title in this clubs history. Ecstatic.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Celano (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione C2)

It was party time at Valentino Mazzola was we dismantled Celano in my last game in charge. An own-goal, a Rolando Zárate double and a cherry on top from Antonio Campillo completed our fairytale season.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.png

A.S.D Atletico Arezzo

Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica Atletico Arezzo (formerly Associazione Calcio Arezzo) is an Italian association football club based in Arezzo, Tuscany. The club was formed in 1923 and refounded in 2010 after going bankrupt, and currently plays in Serie C2, after yo-yo'ing between that and the amateur Serie D league.

The club was founded on 9 September 1923, by a group of friends, and football fans, as Juventus Football Club Arezzo (in honour of Juventus F.C.). In 1930, following a merge with several other minor Arezzo teams, the club became Unione Sportiva Arezzo, which was admitted in 1935 to new-born Serie C division. The team was relegated from Serie C in 1953, following several financial troubles, returning to Serie C division five years later. In 1961, Arezzo started to play its games in the Stadio Comunale, its current venue. In 1966, Arezzo promoted to Serie B for the first time; in order to celebrate the triumph, Arezzo played a friendly match with Brazilian team Vasco da Gama, winning it 2–1. However, the next year Arezzo was not able to remain in the division, and returned to Serie C the following year. But in 1969 Arezzo again won Serie C, and returned to play in Serie B, where it played until 1975. In 1971, Arezzo signed striker Francesco Graziani, who quickly became a fan favourite and a key player for the team.

The third promotion to Serie B came in 1982, under coach Antonio Valentin Angelillo, with Tullio Gritti as striker. The previous year, Arezzo had won its first (and only) Italy's Serie C Cup, defeating Ternana in the finals. In 1984, Arezzo barely missed promotion to Serie A, ending just five points back from the last promotion place. In 1988, despite a team accordingly built to promote to Serie A, Arezzo relegated to Serie C1. Arezzo disbanded in 1993, following financial troubles, being excluded by Serie C1 seven football days before the end of the season. Following the cancellation, a pool of shareholders led by former Arezzo star Ciccio Graziani founded Associazione Calcio Arezzo, admitted to Serie D. In 1996 an unknown coach with a few lower division experiences, Serse Cosmi, was appointed as new manager. Despite his complete lack of experience in the division, Cosmi immediately won hands down Serie D, leading Arezzo back to professional football. In 1998, again with Cosmi, Arezzo qualified to and won the Serie C2 promotion playoffs, gaining promotion to Serie C1. In 1999/2000, despite the contributions of Fabio Bazzani, Arezzo lost promotion playoffs; the following year, after Cosmi left Arezzo for Serie A side Perugia, Antonio Cabrini was appointed as new coach, and Mario Frick replaced Bazzani as forward. The team returned to Serie B in 2004, with Mario Somma as coach; the next season, which saw Pasquale Marino replacing Somma, who signed for Empoli, Arezzo barely maintained a Serie B place.

At the end of the 2009-10 Lega Pro Prima Divisione season the club went bankrupt and a new club with the current denomination was entered in Serie D.

On November 2010 the club was acquired by a consortium of Rome-based enterpreneurs (including popular actor Luca Zingaretti) for a sum of €400,000; the new owners immediately made a number of changes, appointing former Cagliari player Maurizio Coppola as head coach and former Serie A star Abel Balbo as assistant coach and technical area coordinator.

250px-Stadio_Arezzo.jpg

(information from Wikipedia)

Good to see you pressing on with this despite your crash dump issues. :thup:

A shame to be forced to leave Santarcangelo just when it was all clicking, but best of luck with Arezzo!

Probably a club with more potential.

Thanks guys. They used to be in Serie B and apparently missed out on promotion to Serie A by 5 points.

Sad news D. Wishing you good luck at your new team.

What are your first impressions of the team, Catenaccio suitability, faclities, finances etc?

We're on a £600k balance, a £10k wage budget, of which I was only using £4k of, and a £50k transfer budget. The problem is that because they've just been promoted from Serie D. They have NOTHING. No staff and just a first team of players.

A better club, but like anything, they can be moulded.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, August 2013 Review

2013-14 Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F

-----------------------------

Foligno

Poggibonsi

Arezzo

Gubbio

Pisa Calcio

-----------------------------------

Results

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Foligno (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F)

An Andrea Venneri header was the first competitive goal scored by my team, cancelling out an early lead. Lucas Pusineri netted a penalty to put us 2-1 up. but we were pegged back and it finished 2-2

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Poggibonsi (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F)

Lacina Keita lashed us into the lead on 2 mins, his first goal for 8 hours, stretching back to last season and Lucas Pusineri made it safe late on with a cool finish.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Gubbio (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F)

Diego headed us into the lead early on, however a defensive lapse let the C1 side back in. But, that man Andrea Venneri, headed us back into the lead where we stayed.

------------------------------------

Transfers

The squad was threadbare when I arrived, so I set about strengthening it, catenaccio style! DRL Giuseppe Dipasquale was one of seven players to come in on a free. The others were DC Andrea Venneri, D/WB/M/AMR Cristian D'Alessandro, ST Lacina Keita, DM Boris Nkoa, GK Mirko Pigliacelli and DC Diego. I then got in another 7 loans from parent club Juventus. They were D/WBL Matteo Liviero, DC Davide Ferrero, DM Gabriel, ST's Guilherme and Alberto Libertazzi, D/WBR Roberto Crivelli and DC Simone Di Dio. Other loans were MC Dmitri Bisoli from Bologna; AMRLC/ST Filippo Taleto from Padova and finally MC Giancarlo Rosaia from Fiorentina.

A lot of dead wood left on free transfers with only GK Matteo Lancini leaving for a fee. £26k to Portosummaga.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, September 2013 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Pisa (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group F)

A beautiful Guilherme goal settled this tie on 44 minutes, after turning the defender and rolling into the far corner. We even survived a late dismissal of Boris Nkoa for a second yellow

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Reggiana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We went behind on 3 mins to a fizzing free-kick from 30 yards. However, Alberto Libertazzi restored parity on 15 mins, rolling it under the keeper and it was Guilherme who sealed the points late on with a sharp finish.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Ravenna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We again went behind early, this to a comedy own-goal after a good save from the keeper which, in the attempt of clearing it for the line, was stabbed in by Marco Pecorari. However, that man Guilherme took center stage and netted a double

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Boris Nkoa was the hero here, slamming home underneath the keeper on 77 mins.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Carrese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Alberto Libertazzi got fed up of being upstaged by his striker partner and hit a double himself.

Phew!! So glad this save survived. I hadn't been able to get on the forums for most of the week and I was holding my breath when I got to the crash dump part! Excellent start with Arezzo - are you using more or less the same tactics as you were at Santarcangelo, or have you tweaked a bit?

Phew!! So glad this save survived. I hadn't been able to get on the forums for most of the week and I was holding my breath when I got to the crash dump part! Excellent start with Arezzo - are you using more or less the same tactics as you were at Santarcangelo, or have you tweaked a bit?

Exactly the same. I may have to tweak at points as I find weaknesses and strengths of this side. But as it stands, nothing yet.

100px-ACArezzoBadge.pngAtletico Arezzo, October 2013 Review

Results

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Avelino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We went ahead with a Lucas Pusineri penalty, but were pegged back by a 20 yard rocket into the top corner on 85 mins. This game also saw loan striker Alberto Libertazzi suffer a bad injury that would keep him out for 4-5 months

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Treviso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A bore draw, from a team in 20th place and resulted in Treviso sacking their manager.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Avelino (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, First Round)

Andrea Venneri headed our consolation as we were taught a lesson by Avelino and knocked out in the First Round.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Teramo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We're firing blanks badly. Libertazzi's injury is really hurting us in the goals department

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Capi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Shocking. Pigliacelli had a schizo game, making several great saves and getting the MOM award, however he allowed a terribly weak goal to consign us to defeat,

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Salerno (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Finally! We broke out in this game and probably broke the frame of the goal after hitting it four times. Guilherme ended his goal drought and with a Diego header and a fizzing daisycutter from Boris Nkoa to add to it, we ran out 3-0 winners against the league leaders.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Another game, another game against the league leaders. Diego headed us into the lead on 36 mins and we looked very comfortable in a tight game. Finally, in the 95th minute, Andrea Venneri scored his first league goal for us to round off a 2-0 win and put us top.

Glad you returned to form at the end of the month there - two nice wins. :thup: Any idea what changed in the Salerno match that made your players start finding the target again?[/QUote]

Had a chance to tell them we were the underdog and not to worry. After that, bang!

Archived