Deisler26

Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

1,585 posts in this topic

You're having an unlucky amount of crash dumps and problems, any add-ons like extra leagues messing it up maybe?

I kinda admire the will to keep going despite having to go a few seasons back, I'd lose all motivation completely.

You're having an unlucky amount of crash dumps and problems, any add-ons like extra leagues messing it up maybe?

I kinda admire the will to keep going despite having to go a few seasons back, I'd lose all motivation completely.

It could be. I have added and taken away leagues for sure. But, equally it could just be a specific thing (i.e the coaching bug). Thanks though, man. I'm enjoying the idea of getting catenaccio up the leagues so this is a labour of love really.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2012 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Andria Bat (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Not a bad performance, but beaten by a superior team who took their chances.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Ivan Graziani lashed home early, only for us to concede again in the last 5 mins. Still, looking up.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Salerno (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

This lack of cutting edge is worrying. The defence seems to have sorted itself out however.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Atletico Arezzo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

CALL THE F****** PRESIDENT!! Ivan Graziani gave us our first win of the season!

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Renate (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Aaaand back to Earth. Ivan Graziani was injured in the match which ultimately saw him out until March :(

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Savona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Nicola Di Pivo hit his first goal of the season to put us 1-0 up. Alessandro Corvesi converted his goal at the near post to put us 2-0 up and not even a late effort which sailed over Rocchi's head from 20 yards could stop us.

-------------------------------------------------------

Due to Graziani's injury, I had to pick up a new striker, 37-year old Ex-Basel, Marseille and Hertha BSC player Christian Giménez.

Just keep the faith - it will turn round eventually. Two wins in three is a good start! It's always horrible being on one of those winless runs where everything seems to conspire against you.

Just keep the faith - it will turn round eventually. Two wins in three is a good start! It's always horrible being on one of those winless runs where everything seems to conspire against you.

It's just disappointing. I'm not doing anything different, yet we're just not able to win. The other problem is Graziani out til March.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2012 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Poggibonsi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A bobbled goal that trickled in was the difference here.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Ivan Graziani lashed home early, only for us to concede again in the last 5 mins. Still, looking up.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Trapani (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Christian Giménez scored his first goal for us, before a mistake and a mishit, floating shot with less than 10 mins to go downed us 1-2.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A slo-mo, agonising OG put us behind the eight-ball and, although Stéphane Sarni headed home an equaliser on 63 minutes, we threw it away again.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Teramo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Another slow, trickling, mis-hit shot found the back of our net early on to put us 0-1 down after 6 mins. However, a great freekick by Kuami Agboh brought us level and finally, we got our own late winner as Stéphane Sarni headed home at the far post from a deep corner

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Couldn't score, neither could they. Happy ending.

----------------------------------------

[video=youtube;V15a7U6mrZ0]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2012 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 AlzanoCane (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Kadir Caldi's two headers from Agboh freekicks and a late one from Pedro Rosario meant we recorded our biggest win of the season against the bottom club.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Ravenna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Nicola Del Pivo fired home early from 20 yards, only for us to concede via a Kadir Caldi OG.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Montichiari (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We were strangely reticient to even attempt to get the ball forward in this game, preferring to play it around the midfield. Result? Bore draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Uniao Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A 30 yard wonder strike from the full back put them up and it was left to Kadir Caldi to rescue us, heading home an equaliser on 81 minutes.

----------------------------------------------------

There will be departures. I'm just not sure who will be coming in...

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Carpi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A few tweaks and WHAMMY! Luca Onorato's two goals and the opener from Nicola Del Pivo meant we started 2013 with a bang!

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cuneo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Two mistakes. Two goals. We were soundly punished against the league leaders.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 -1 Valenzana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Utterly battered them. Result? 0-1 defeat. Arse.

-------------------------------------------------

Transfers

No-one came in, but outgoing were D/WBL Nicolo Bacchiocci for £12k and DM Andrea Bricca for £10k , both to Teramo. Also leaving were D/WBR Andrea Iozza for £18k to Ancona and calamity keeper José Rocchi went on a free to Giacomonese

Bit inconsistent, hope you pick things up.

Me too. We've done better recently, but still wildly inconsistent!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Luca Onorato scored our only goal in the 92nd minute to give us a priceless win!

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Andria Bat (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

What a win against the league leaders! New signing Andrea Castellano got the ball rolling with a delightful chip and then a double from Luca Onorato sealed the deal

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 -1 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Club captain Ivan Graziani made his long-awaited return from injury, but couldn't help us beat the opposition.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 -1 Salerno (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We're playing quite impotently, something needs to be mixed up.

Transfers

I picked up MRC Andrea Castellano on a free after he was released by Serie A side Catania

[video=youtube_share;OJxPDd8xMM4]

Just catching up, great to see you up and running again.

Hopefully you can get some consistent form to finish the season off.

Send 'em off to the dole.

Maggie would be proud!

Yep, I'd be binning every single one of those youngsters, shattering their football dreams, and telling them they'd be better off getting a job in a drive-thru restaurant of their choice :D

Not a vintage year

I think that's putting it mildly.

Yep, I'd be binning every single one of those youngsters, shattering their football dreams, and telling them they'd be better off getting a job in a drive-thru restaurant of their choice :D

I wonder what the Italian equivalent of that is? :p

Maggie would have them executed :D

"These youngsters are not for signing"

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Arezzo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

This is officially a slump and I am worried. Graziani, Giménez et al couldn't hit a bull in the arse with a bass fiddle!

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Renate (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

We had two games called off due to snow so we ended up with a huge backlog. Ivan Graziani equalised after we went down to a 25 yard rocket. However, a late strike condemmed us to our fourth defeat in a row. This defeat dropped us into the relegation playout.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 -0 Trapani (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A win is a win. And I'll take it any way I can. We triumphed with an own-goal early on.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Savona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Two in a row? Am I dreaming? Nicola Del Pivo stabbed home to open the scoring and FINALLY Christian Giménez scored, after 15 HOURS without a goal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A great, battling point against a promotion-chasing side.

--------------------------------------

After the Renate game, both Christian Giménez and Kuami Agboh announced their retirement. Agboh will stay on as our youth coach and I will be looking to sign up Giménez to try and create a 'Boot Room' atmosphere at the club.

grazianibye.jpg

This isn't as bad as it could have been, simply through thr emergence of Luca Onorato.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Poggibonsi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Christian Giménez seemed to react to his impending retirement with gusto, netting two in this contest, including the game winner as Poggibonsi came from two behind after Kadir Caldi headed home the opener

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Teramo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Another game, another two goals from Christian Giménez. Add to that, goals from Luca Onorato and Luca Graziani and we had a good old fashioned spanking.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 3 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

This game had everything. Mantova had a player red-carded early on, but proceded to take a 0-2 lead over us by HT as we also lost a player to a red. Fabio Cozza dismissed for a two-footed tackle. Angry, I tore into the team. Luca Onorato then proceded to score a second-half hat-trick to put us up 3-2 on 88 mins. However, the Mantova striker complete his own hat-trick on 92 mins to cap a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 AlzanoCene (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Christian Giménez netted another two and Luca Onorato scored his fourth and fifth goals in just two games as we hammered the bottom club

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Ravenna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Christian Giménez continued his remarkable scoring form (when it doesn't matter!). Nicola Del Pivo poked home for the third and Ivan Graziani lashed home the fourth into the top corner.

---------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;w05fkXUKvYY]

Wow, definitely flying now.

When it doesn't matter :(

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Montichiari (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Luca Onorato scored our only goal as he rounded the keeper and slotted home just after half-time!

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

A disappointing end to the season. We conceded a freak goal and just couldn't break through.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well, we finished 12th again. A terrible start, inconsistent middle and good ending saw that we would at least have another season above ground. A few decisions need to be made in the off-season/pre-season though and another run needs to be taken at the board for training/youth upgrades.

--------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;XvOM4HpFnEw]

I've signed Agboh on multiple occasions (indeed, he's in my Trapani side in my latest career) and he's always been a bit of a legend for me.

Hope you won't miss him too much!

I've signed Agboh on multiple occasions (indeed, he's in my Trapani side in my latest career) and he's always been a bit of a legend for me.

Hope you won't miss him too much!

I fear I will...

2013-14 Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E

-----------------------------

Ancona

Prato

Santarcangelo

San Marino

Savona

Winning a game. My only hope.

Solid season which hopefully has laid the foundations for a improvement for you.

Absolute cracking thread :thup:

Can't believe I missed it! I spend a good half hour in college reading it all. It is brilliant :D:cool:

Solid season which hopefully has laid the foundations for a improvement for you.

I hope so. The lack of rep and my insistance in trying to buy Italian means we're not picking up much in the way of bargains/talent.

Absolute cracking thread :thup:

Can't believe I missed it! I spend a good half hour in college reading it all. It is brilliant :D:cool:

Thanks man! Much appreciated!

Been following for a while, but didn't post here yet.

Hopefully you can get a good start in the next season and progress up the table. :thup:

And that intake is horrible! :D

Been following for a while, but didn't post here yet.

Hopefully you can get a good start in the next season and progress up the table. :thup:

And that intake is horrible! :D

Thanks man! Yeah, me too. I'd far rater try to stop sinking from 6th than 14th! :p

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Pre-season/August 2013 Review

Pre-Season

Well, pre-season arrived and I had some work to do. Kuami Agboh and Christian Giménez did retire and became part of my backroom staff. The first thing I then did was to approach the board for some youth funding, both at junior and youth recruitment level. Both times I was laughed out of the office. I also requested some extra coaches and was given that. This resulted in an extra GK Coach and Fitness Coach. I also replaced my Ass Man with a better version. I took a long time scouting this season, so much so that we only started doing deals in the back-end of August. We were given the brief of making mid-table again and given a £1k transfer budget and a £6.25k wage budget, again £2k down on last season's totals.

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 San Marino (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E )

Ivan Graziani twice gave us the lea, before being pegged back by wondergoals each time. We lost debutant Marek Kysela to a torn hamstring until the New Year as well.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Ancona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

In the battle of Valentino Mazzola, we triumphed thanks to a Luca Onorato finish that was called dubiously onside! There were 13 yellow cards and one red, for Ancona, in this battle royale.

Transfers

I tried to keep the main core of players together and I succeded in the main. Free transfers in were ST Pierre Pindi, ST José, DC Marek Kysela and DC/DM Thomas Battaglia. Along with that, the usual assortment of loans; DR Francesco De Prosperis, DL Gugelimo Amendola and DM Francesco Liotti from AS Roma; DL Nicolo Belloti, DM Andrea Congiu and AMC Nicolo Lini from Brescia Calcio and finally, DC Luigi Dalla Libera from Padova.

Leaving the club was one solitary player, MLC Pietro Panico who was sold to Turris for £30k, all of which was shoved onto the wage budget

in2013.jpg

Hooray! From bottom two years in a row, to this!

Good news on many fronts there. Good luck for the new season. Let's hope this is a good omen for what is to come.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2013 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Savona (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E)

Juuuust couldn't get going.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 3 Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Goals galore in this one. Luca Onorato put us ahead after a minute, then levelled it up at 2-2 on 56 minutes. Andrea Castellano then bulleted home a header to make it 3-2, but we again failed to close it out late on, conceding in the 85th minute.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Prato (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E)

We needed to win to get past the Group Stage for the first time in 3 years. And win we did, with goals from Nicola Del Pivo, Ivan Graziani and Paolo Beatrizzotti. This win, coupled with an Ancona loss, meant we qualified in first place for the First Round.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Como (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Impotent display against the recently-relegated league leaders.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Ancona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

The own goal decided this as José's shot came back off the post and then in off the keeper's head

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)

Nicola Del Pivo bundled in from close range early on, but a shot that barely cleared the line and another late goal sealed our fate.

injuriesoct13.jpg

I now don't have enough players for 7 subs....

Ouch.

Is Italy renowned for injuries in FM, or is this simply coincidence?

Ouch.

Is Italy renowned for injuries in FM, or is this simply coincidence?

I struggled terribly in my first season. Second wasn't too bad. Seem to get a lot of in-game injuries.

biteme.jpg

Seriously, is this what I'm doomed to? A constant cycle?

Administration for less than a million quid? Seems a little extreme!

I can see either a fire sale or a mystery businessman on the horizon. I hope for your sake it's the latter.

Administration for less than a million quid? Seems a little extreme!

I can see either a fire sale or a mystery businessman on the horizon. I hope for your sake it's the latter.

I had this in my first season. The big problem is the club came up from Serie D, so there's no fanbase to speak, I'm not doing well, which means no promotion and cash and my best players would not cover even half that debt..