Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Partly. Partly is that I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had chance to give it the time it deserves. Plus I feel we over-achieved in the first half of the season.

I think it's time to go Fergie on this team. Rip them apart. All foreigners out, try to bring some of the youth through.

You still busy? :(

Kinda miss reading your updates :)

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2026 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 4 AC Cesena (Serie A TIM)

I've never been so humilated in all my career. We conceded all four from the same player from 20+ yards, as he was nigh-on unplayable all game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Cíttí de Palermo (Serie A TIM)

BOOM! Sergio Corallo's grrrrreat finish meant we wiped away some of the bad taste from the previous matchup.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 AS Roma (Serie A TIM)

Roma took the lead on 48 minutes and the game looked to be heading for a routine defeat when Carlo Alberto Vinci lifted a shot into the net on 83 mins. However, Roma again took the lead on 87 mins as they lashed home from the edge of the box. The drama wasn't stopped there either, as Carlo Alberto Vinci bundled home the equaliser on 93 mins to give us the point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)

Paolo Sarzi struck a close-range effort after Del Nevo's dinked cross into the box on 77 minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No signings came in, but I managed to get £5.25m as a co-ownership from Palermo for ST Dani Rodrigues; £575k as a co-ownership for Janusz Grunt from Parma and, because of the new policy, I sold off MC Filipe to FC Zurich for £2.5m.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2026 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 FC Internazionale (Serie A TIM)

A dull game in which we lost our only playmaker left for 4 months. Damn. Time to give the yoof a chance.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)

Not at the races. All the agents of my players hate me and demand stupid contracts daily, I just lost Sergio Corallo to injury and we can't score for toffee.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Empoli FC (Serie A TIM)

Cristian Conversano headed home early on to open the scoring. Then on 93 mins, Ferruccio Sassaroli bundled home the equaliser to give us the point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie A TIM)

We're firing blanks. None of my strikers are coming up with the goods.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Napoli (Serie A TIM)

Federico Macheda got our only goal in a run-of-the-mill defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Udinese (Serie A TIM)

SOMEONE SCORE, FFS!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 1 goal from my strikers this month is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

In fairness, it's much tougher without your playmaker.

I've got a youth player in for him and he's doing well, but I do need Del Nevo back really. They'll be the 1-2 punch in the playmaker position for a number of years.

• 2 weeks later...

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2026 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AC Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)

We lost to an own-goal. It was that kind of game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo put us in the lead on his return from injury and, by the time Cristiano Conversano headed home, we were cruising. Finally, Francesco Cortini sealed the deal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)

Cristian Conversano headed home early on to open the scoring, but we left open a player late on in the first half to only take a point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Nocerina (Serie A TIM)

Federico Sassaroli hit a brace to see off Serie A TIM's bottom side.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2026 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

*rolls eyes*

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

A famous win! Andrea Giovanni Maino put us in the lead with a shot bundled home from close range and, late on, Francesco Valentini headed home to seal the deal and give us three points.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AC Parma (Serie A TIM)

Carlo Alberto Vinci lashed home from two feet away to give me a birthday win, despite being in a suspiciously offside position.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)

Beaten from 30 yards in a dull game, however, we had a 90% home-grown lineup with only Paolo Sarzi a non-academy player.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo streaked through to finish strongly to put us in the lead. Then Francesco Cortini hit a bobbling, miscued shot which trickled home to give us the win.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2026 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AC Cesena (Serie A TIM)

Sergio Corallo slotted home under the keeper late on to keep up our hopes of qualifying for Europe.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Palermo (Serie A TIM)

The death knell for our Europe hopes. This, combined with Parma's win, saw them go 4 points clear with only a game left.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 AS Roma (Serie A TIM)

Team was already on their holidays in this big defeat.

---------------------------------------------------

Well, we finished 7th in Serie A TIM, which is a record high for the club. Next year will see a LOT of player sales as I try to run with just our academy grads, whenever they left.

Fantastic season, good luck reassembling the squad from your academy boys!

Thanks man. Yeah, we're pretty much sorted, with only a few problems up front and at full back depth when the bought in players leave

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, August 2026 Review

We had our pitch re-laid and work started on our new youth facilities in the off-season. Our brief was to avoid relegation again with a £275k wage budget and a £23m transfer budget. After a decent finish to last year, we need to kick on and finish well again. Stage One of the youth rebuild started too.

---------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie A TIM)

A tight game and our first as a youth academy club. We started the game with 11 academy players and we had a tight first half, but goals from Francesco Cortini and Sergio Corallo, playing with a lot of confidence after scoring a goal for Italy on his debut, settled the issue and gave us a great start.

----------------------------------------------------

My first match in charge of Italy was against Ukraine in a friendly. Nunzio Novelli, Francesco Valentini, Andrea Giovanni Maino, Sergio Corallo, Amedeo Del Nevo and Luca Buldrini all made their international debuts (biased? Me?) in a 1-0 win, with Sergio Corallo netting a debut goal.

----------------------------------------------------

First out of the door was DC Cristiano Conversano. Gutted to lose him, but he was brought into the club and that's not the way we're going anymore. So he was shipped off to U.D Logrones for £2m. DM/MC Cristian Pinton was sold to S.C Braga for £1.5m. Despite him being an academy graduate, his agent hated me and wanted a rise for him from £2,300 p/m to £26,000 p/m. AS IF!. I then sold the French Eminem, ST Slim Saidi for £2.4m + 50% to FC Lorient and then main striker Paolo Sarzi for £2.5m + 50% to Vitesse Arnhem, a victim of being brought into the club.

Next lot out were DM Brent Guitierrez to £1.1m + 50% to FC 1.Kaiserslautern, DRLC Andrea Raia was again a victim of being brought in and shipped off to SC Braga for £1.1m + 50% and finally French AMC Johan Dumont was sold to Stade Malherbe de Caen for £1m.

• 2 weeks later...

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, September 2026 Review

--------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)

Goals from Francesco Cortini and Sergio Corallo meant that we had a perfect start to the season and beat a perennial title contender.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Brescia (Serie A TIM)

Terrible play. Not a spark of life in anyone.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Juventus (Serie A TIM)

A good battling draw, however, I'm worried about the lack of goals.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Catania (Serie A TIM)

A great come-from-behind win, with goals from Francesco Cortini and a first-ever senior goal for William De Luca bagged us the points.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Cesena (Serie A TIM)

That man, Francesco Cortini, popped up again with a goal to round off a very convincing win, aided by a first ever senior goal, and his first in over 18 hours of play, for Loris Dossena and a 30 yard wonder strike from Amadeo Del Nevo.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2026 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)

I gave promising youth player Antonello Torricelli his first senior start and he repaid me with two debut goals to see off Lazio.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 FC Internazionale (Serie A TIM)

It wasn't as close as the score suggested. Antonello Torricelli scored our consolation in the 89th minute.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 A.C Parma (Serie A TIM)

Francesco Valentini headed home from a corner to give us the lead and then, the man on a hot streak, Antonello Torricelli, netted late on to seal the three points.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 2 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

That man, Antonello Torricelli, was instrumental. He scored the first, then as Doria dropped the ball at the feet of a Chievo player and the defence melted away, he stood up and scored twice more for his hat-trick and to put us 3-2 up. Finally, Fillippo Cancelli headed home his first ever senior goal to settle it 4-2.

Looks like the summer clear-out hasn't been as catastrophic as expected. Hopefully your good form continues and your strikers stay injury free.

Well, it's been a blessing in disguise as I brought in Torricelli when Corallo was injured and now, he's superceded him.

Archived