Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Benevento (Lega Serie Bwin)

Sergio Corallo started the rout with a cool finish early on, an own-goal doubled the lead and, although they pulled it back to 2-1, Francesco Cortini drove home to give us the 3-1 win and put us two points from top spot...

Santarcangelo Calcio p0 - 0 S.S Lazio (TIM Coppa Italia First Round)

We were paired with the struggling Serie A TIM side and on current form, I liked our chances. The game was fairly dull, but came to life in the 88th minute when Marius Lupo headed straight at the prone keeper when he had a gaping open goal in front of him, then he proceded to take the ball round the keeper three minutes later, yet shot wide. The game went to extra time, where I made two subs in order to get in our best penalty takers. It paid off as we scored all of our penalties and Mirco Doria saved 3 out of 4 pens as we went through 3-1 on aggregate.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Torino (Lega Serie Bwin)

Absolutely gutted. Marius Lupo saw a straight red for an elbow on 24 mins and we were up against it from there. we finally succumbed to an 80th minute finish and dropped down the table.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Hellas Verona (Lega Serie Bwin)

Raffaele Terracciano scored the opener and for a while we looked like easy winners, but the ref was conned into a penalty on 78 mins and they netted an undeserved equaliser. .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Three loans came in during January, DR Luca Mazza returning to the club on loan from AS Roma, along with DRC Andrea Raia from FC Internazionale and AML/ST Mohammed Radhouani from Udinese. Finally, I gave a trial to a young English D/MC who'd just been released from Man Utd. I liked what I saw and signed up Larnell Fitzpatrick.

Leaving the club was MC Davide Petrucci for £1.2m to Grasshoppers Zurich. He was doing great for us, but I couldn't deny him a last crack at the Champions League. Also leaving was striker Fabio Aveni for £1.3m to P. Ferreira in Portugal. He was whining about no playing time and the time was right to dump him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Brescia (TIM Coppa Italia Quarter Final)

Sergio Corallo scored the all-important winner on 76 minutes, beating the defender and rifiling home.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Padova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Same old, same old. We're now out of the playoff places.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Ascoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

YES! We snapped our bad run with a first goal for Mohammed Radhouani and a Cristian Pinton header.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Atalanta (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, First Leg)

Raffaele Terracciano's double put us in dreamland, but two goals, including a penalty brought us back to Earth. However, a late winner from Sergio Corallo puts us in a great position for the second leg.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Reggina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Marius Lupo scored twice on his return from suspension and added to goals from Luisão and Çağatay Topraktepe, we ran up a decent score.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Vicenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

Luisão scored two and we were comfortable winners, even if Luca Mazza saw red for a second booking.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Grosseto (Lega Serie Bwin)

Luisão was shown a straight red for a two-footed tackle, but Çağatay Topraktepe scored the all-important winner to see us finish second this month.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Como (Lega Serie Bwin)

Sergio Corallo opened the scoring and Francesco Cortini finished it off. A fantastic run of form at the minute.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Empoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

A timely win over a promotion contender. Cristiano Conversano headed us into the lead, before Marius Lupo made the game safe late on. That was our fifth clean sheet in a row.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AS Bari (Lega Serie Bwin)

Raffaele Terracciano finished low into the corner on 8 minutes and we survived a battering to claim a priceless win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Atalanta (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Second Leg)

We set up to play a very defensive game, even more so than usual, and we came away with the draw which put us into the Final again!.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Varese (Lega Serie Bwin)

A perfect month, no goals conceded, no points dropped. This was completed with a gentle 2-0 win over Varese. Luca Buldrini headed home to give us the lead and Raffaele Terracciano netted the winner late on. This put us 2 points clear with 10 games to go

Out of all your promising youth prospects, I liked the lowest rated one, Venezia, the most. Groppi's got some skills but his physical and technical abilities are worrying.

Biondi is also going to be a star, and Sessi definitely has the makings of a top flight GK :)

Out of all your promising youth prospects, I liked the lowest rated one, Venezia, the most. Groppi's got some skills but his physical and technical abilities are worrying.

Biondi is also going to be a star, and Sessi definitely has the makings of a top flight GK :)

The problem I have with Sessi, and Visentini and Castellazzi before him, is that Doria is still young and will be my keeper for as long as I can keep him. So the other keepers won't get a look in..

The two AMC's are good, but they'll suffer from not being tutored. And Biondi will be behind a number of DM's in my squad too..

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Mantova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Marius Lupo continued our winning run.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Nocerina (Lega Serie Bwin)

A great win over a promotion contender. Raffaele Terracciano put us into the lead, before Luisão made the game safe late on.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Bologna (Lega Serie Bwin)

Sergio Corallo scored twice as we finished well in control.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Crotone (Lega Serie Bwin)

Again, a perfect month, no points dropped. We conceded our first goal in twelve games after just 50 seconds to go behind, however Çağatay Topraktepe bullied his way past the defence to head home the equaliser and we were stung into life. Sergio Corallo scored next and then proceded to set up Marius Lupo for his two goals to give us a fantastic win and put us 5 points clear with only six games left.

WOW! That's an amazing run in the Italian Cup. Big huge :applause:for winning your first proper trophy. Must feel like a million bucks now. Or a gatrilliziollion lire :D

(if they still had the stuff)

You look virtually ready for Seria A again too. Can't see you losing your way now, unless the players go off the boil after the cup victory. Could be tough to survive next season with a packed schedule though, unless you manage to improve the team enough to easily stave off the relegation ghost.

Like the look of Groppi and there is plenty of room for improvement, but it can be tough to get him up the the needed level physically. Will these kids get a decent look in or are your current players so much better now they'll end up in the reserves and out on loan before inevitably being sold?

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin)

Midfield saved the day. Davide Ranieri scored the first and then Francesco Cortini settled the issue.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Avelino (Lega Serie Bwin)

With the Final looming, I played the U-20's to give the guys a rest and they fought well before going down to a late goal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AC Milan (TIM Coppa Italia Final)

Holy cow. HOLY COW. We were brilliant out there. Our defence held firm and Francesco Cortini broke free to slot home what was to be the winner and give me my first major trophy in my career!.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Cittadella (Lega Serie Bwin)

Davide Ranieri put us in the lead and Marius Lupo hit the winner on 87 minutes. So much for a cup hangover last time.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 2 Piacenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

We went 0-1 down early on and it fired us. Luisão scored twice, added to goals from Sergio Corallo and Davide Ranieri. After the game, we recieved these messages...

winnerwinnerchickendinner.jpg

2024.jpg

Santarcangelo Calcio 6 - 0 Juve Stabia (Lega Serie Bwin)

With the title won and the pressure off, we were free to run up our biggest win of the season. Marius Lupo hit a hat-trick and a first ever goal for Larnell Fitzpatrick, joined goals from Mohammed Radhouani and Davide Ranieri as we romped home.

----------------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Benevento (Lega Serie Bwin)

Cristian Pinton and Sergio Corallo got our two goals in this one as we partied long and hard during and after the game.

So damn happy for you mate, what a victory in the Cup! Hopefully you can make remain competitive on all fronts and keep your core. Chain Doria to the goalposts if you have to, he's not going anywhere :lol:
Fantastic end to the season. Well done. "Now the hard work begins..." and so forth :D
Congrats on a very successful season,I bet AC Milan are really starting to hate you now :D

Thanks guys, it's really appreciated!

We finally have another full international on the books. After Sebastian Mladen got his two for Romania, Çağatay Topraktepe was picked for Belguim's EURO 2024 squad and appeared in every game as they went out 1-2 to England in the Second Round.

Brilliant thread!!

Just read through all 14 pages and I think i'll start a save in the lower reaches of Italian football management and try and work my way to the top. keep up the brilliance!!!!

Thanks man! Much appreciated! Just make sure you work on your junior coaching!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, August 2024 Review

We had our pitch re-laid and work started on our new youth facilities in the off-season. Our brief was to avoid relegation with a £130k wage budget and a £9m transfer budget. I'm hoping for a better outcome this season than the last time we were in Serie A TIM.

---------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio p0 - 0 FC Internazionale (TIM Supercoppa Italiana)

Inter came at us from minute one, pinning us in our own half for the entire first half of the game. 10 minutes into the second half, an Inter midfielder saw red for a two-footed tackle. We gradually came into the game more and late on in the second half, Inter went down to 9 men due to injury. They still threatened us badly during extra time and it came down to penalties. Mirco Doria saved the first penalty and we netted our first four. However, Stefano Guararini put the ball too close to the keeper and we went into sudden death. They missed the second one of these and Andrea Giovanni Maino rammed home the winning penalty to give us the cup.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 FC Sion (UEFA Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round, Leg 1)

Our European adventure started at home to Swiss opposition. On 8 minutes, Amadeo Del Nevo burst through the middle and slipped in Francesco Cortini who rolled the ball into the far corner, via the post. The game was tight up for the longest time until an injured Sergio Corallo rounded the keeper on 84 minutes and slotted home into the gaping net to give us a fantastic opportunity to progress into the Group Stages

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Sorrento (TIM Coppa Italia, Third Qualifying Round)

Loan signing Remo Cristiani scored twice as we coasted to an easy win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 FC Sion (UEFA Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round, Leg 2)

A tough away match in Switzerland was decided by a shot from distance that crept into the corner. However, the only goal in this game meant we'd still qualified for the Group Stages for the first time ever

----------------------------------------------------

Myself and the chairman were sat in Zürich, waiting for the outcome of the draw for the UEFA Europa League Group Stages. We were informed we would be appearing in Pot 3 and we eagerly awaited the draw. When the dust settled, it looked something like this.

Europaleague2025.jpg

The draw had been kind to us, but as a debutant in this level of competition we would still be lucky to finish 3rd in the group

---------------------------------------------------

I wanted to keep the club up without compromising our principles. Much the same as last time, but I know I have to spend a bit of cash here. So first in was Genoa reject ST Davide Cristiano. He'll add a bit of presence up front. Then came in highly-rated starlet DM/MC Lorenzo Paloschi for £500k from Avellino. This is to bolster our midfield in the future. Also one for the future, Polish starlet Janusz Grunt on a free. Returning to the club permanently after spending two recent seasons on loan here was MC Davide Ranieri for £500k from AC Milan. Also coming in on free's were AMC Matteo Colombi and DM Brent Gutierrez. Comically named ST Slim Saidi was picked up for £100k from Stade de Reims and finally, I was offered Italian ST Paolo Sarzi for £2.2m from PSG. His career had stagnated and I needed to upgrade up at ST. No-brainer. Finally AMRC Remo Cristiani and U-19 World Cup Best Player Jean-Pierre Orsini both joined on loan from Toulouse FC and FC Brussels respectively.

First out the door was perreninal underachiever ST Marius Lupo for £2m + 50% to AZ Alkmaar. Proof that the top scorer in a youth tournament can't always translate it to the big leagues. Also leaving was whining GK Matteo Visentini to Sampdoria for £1.5m + 50%. Look, you may be rated as the next Dino Zoff, but Doria is just better. Deal. MLC Mario Nosdeo made 69 appearances over 7 years at the club, but just wasn't good enough and was shipped out Nocerina for £550k. Finally, my other star striker Raffaele Terracciano was the subject of a £4m + clauses bid from Genoa. I managed to negotiate an extra £500k on him scoing 10 goals and a 50% sell on clause and BOOM, the deal was done.

------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;Ccqg5TJy7co]

Archived