Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always sad to see club legends move on or retire. It was impossible to convince him to stay on one more year?

Do your best to keep hold of Doria. He sounds special.

Exactly what is junior coaching? Does it affect the quality of the youths you get. Would think that was youth recruitment, but suppose that just means you have a wider net. Don't think the terms used are the best.

Always sad to see club legends move on or retire. It was impossible to convince him to stay on one more year?

Do your best to keep hold of Doria. He sounds special.

Exactly what is junior coaching? Does it affect the quality of the youths you get. Would think that was youth recruitment, but suppose that just means you have a wider net. Don't think the terms used are the best.

Tried. He turned it down. Sad.

Yeah, Doria will stay until he's ripped from my fingers.

Junior coaching, to me, is what happens at the U-10's, U-12's, U-13's. The basis of all the youth training.

Ive seen it a few times on this seasons. The paying a guys wages at another club thing annoys the life out of me because it never happens when you're trying to sign a player.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Preseason/August 2023 Review

Well, after the major disappointment of last season, we needed to kick on and really try to bounce back. We had the pitch relayed, there was a 3,000+ expansion to the stadium and the youth facilites were being upgraded too. Sadly, club captain Sebastian Mladen retired after 383 games for the club, so I snapped him up for the backroom staff. We were given a £93k wage budget, a £11m transfer budget and a brief to make mid-table. I think I can do that...

--------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Ascoli (TIM Coppa Italia Second Qualifying Round)

Way to hit the ground running! Raffaele Terracciano hit the opener, loan signing Davide Ranieri buried the second and Marius Lupo topped it all off.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Padove (TIM Coppa Italia Third Qualifying Round)

Raffaele Terracciano again opened the scoring before Marius Lupo finished it off. The two who, last season, took 25 games to score and were sent out on loan respectively are on fire!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, veteran German midfielder Thomas Eisfeld came into the club on a free, along with ST Emanuele De Marchi and full backs Gaetano Maurizio Maione & Mirco Cappelli. I also loaned in ST Luisão from Fluminese and MC Davide Ranieri from AC Milan.

Leaving was ST Erik Gambella, after his misfire last season, he was off to £1.7m + 50% to ADO Den Haag. Portuguese midfielder Luca Schwartz was also sold off to Panathanikos for £1.4m + 50%. He was good, but I had enough Italian youth in that position. Finally, AML/ST Eduaordo Andresini was also co-owned by SS Lazio for £1.2m.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Preseason/August 2023 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Torino (Lega Serie Bwin)

Our opening match back in Serie Bwin was a bit of a damp squib as it took Davide Petrucci's 65th minute goal to put us back on level terms, before a 87th minute hooked shot from a corner meleé consigned us to defeat..

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Hellas Verona (Lega Serie Bwin)

A Marius Lupo double saw us bounce back from a disappointing opener.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Padova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Arcangelo Lettieri popped up with a beautifully flighted chip in the second half to save our blushes.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Vicenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

Boom! Luisão netted a penalty to steady our nerves, then an own goal and a Raffaele Terracciano strike gave us the three points in style!.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Ascoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

Ascoli were down to 10 early on, but took the lead from a corner. We battered at the door all game, but couldn't find a way through until the 91st minute when Francesco Cortini slid home to bag us a point that we richly deserved.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Reggina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Two shots, two goals down, three minutes on the clock. That was the situation we found ourselves in. However, a rocket at HT saw Luisão flick home a measured header to put us on the road back, then Raffaele Terracciano dispossessed the defender and fired home low across the keeper. Game on. We had one more chance late on, but Conversano's header went over.

-------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;3-eQZkOyv-4]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2023 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Grosseto (Lega Serie Bwin)

Club legend Sergio Corallo opened his account for the season with a double and goals from Francesco Cortini and Cristano Conversano settled the issue as we romped home.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Como (Lega Serie Bwin)

Raffaele Terracciano continued his great form with the winner in this match.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Empoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

Bad defeat, not at the races.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 AS Bari (Lega Serie Bwin)

The old problems rear their heads. Can't score, concede crap goals.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Varese (Lega Serie Bwin)

Sergio Corallo was the hero early on with the opener. Then Davide Petrucci popped up on the edge of the area to fire home to put us back in the lead. for good.

That's a rough start. I meant to ask this a while back, but have you stuck with the catenaccio system the whole way?

Every step of the way (sorry I missed this first time around) 1-4-1-2-2 with defensive mentality and shouts 'Get Ball Forward, Exploit The Middle and Hassle Opponents on every game.

Every step of the way (sorry I missed this first time around) 1-4-1-2-2 with defensive mentality and shouts 'Get Ball Forward, Exploit The Middle and Hassle Opponents on every game.

That's really impressive. You're never tempted to change even just the mentality situationally?

That's really impressive. You're never tempted to change even just the mentality situationally?

No, because the way it's set up, to attempt to change a part of it would destroy the rest of the instructions IMO. Can't risk that!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2023 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Mantova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Raffaele Terrancciano's double took all the sting out of the game, rendering Fabio Aveni's late goal almost moot.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Nocerina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Raffaele Terracciano continued his fine form with the opener in this contest, however we conceded from a corner to stumble.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Bologna (Lega Serie Bwin)

Fabio Aveni scored the equaliser in a taut game where chances were at a premium.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Avellino (Lega Serie Bwin)

This game was over after 33 minutes. Two goals from Davide Petrucci were followed by a Cristiano Conversano header to put us 3-0 up by 25 mins! Then Stefano Guararini saw red for a two-footed tackle on 33 minutes and that was it.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Cesena (TIM Coppa Italia Fourth Qualifying Round)

We went one up after 10 minutes through Cristian Pinton. However, they equalised and then went down to 10 men. Sergio Corallo then scored twice in 4 mins as we went 3-1 by 76 mins and four minutes later, Cesena went down to 9 men, with a second yellow being shown to their midfielder.

You play relatively quickly, last time I was here - which wasn't long ago - you were mid-way through a sensational TIM Cup semi-final against Milan, which you'd win. Too bad you then crashed out in the final extra-time, and the season in Serie A looked so promising initially... only to crumble in the very last couple of months. :(

I've been relegated twice in my whole life in FM. In neither occasion I kept my job. The first time they sacked me despite having won promotion the previous season, and supposedly not demanding me to stay up. The second time the club dropped out of the playable leagues. So I've never been in the position you are now, but you're surely looking good to bounce back straight away?

Keep Doria, he seems to be a class player. Have you posted a screenie of him recently? If not I'd like to take a look. :thup:

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2023 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin)

A decent draw against the then-second placed side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Crotone (Lega Serie Bwin)

*rolls eyes*.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Cittadella (Lega Serie Bwin)

The MC(AP-A) held the key here and first Davide Petrucci and then his replacement Davide Ranieri both netted to give us a win to right the ship.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Piacenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

Raffaele Terracciano scored the opener and Sergio Corallo doubled our advantage midway through the second half. A late goal gave us jitters, but we made it.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Juve Stabia (Lega Serie Bwin)

A good win against a fellow promotion contender and a team that we came down with. Raffaele Terracciano hit a double to see us through..

-----------------------------------------------------------

We finished 2023 in 3rd place, two points from automatic promotion. It'd doesnt really show that we were actually 7th at the beginning of the month! I don't think we'll be buying this January, possibly add a loan or two.

I was making some decent headway in my own career until I started reading this... 3 hours later I've got no further in my career but WOW. What a read, congratulations for all the brilliant work so far, and commiserations for the crashes, relegation and chairmen you've had. Good luck getting Santarcangelo back into Serie A and showing the world what Catenaccio's all about!

I was making some decent headway in my own career until I started reading this... 3 hours later I've got no further in my career but WOW. What a read, congratulations for all the brilliant work so far, and commiserations for the crashes, relegation and chairmen you've had. Good luck getting Santarcangelo back into Serie A and showing the world what Catenaccio's all about!

Thanks man, much appreciated

Archived