Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You write a thread full of 12 pages just for games like the away leg at the San Siro :cool:

Truth. However, I'm a wee bit apprehensive as to what a defeat will do to morale. Also, I would have rather got here when Midtable in Serie A TIM. Whilst it's a great run to the semis, it might impact us next year on expectations...

But still, you're right. An away match at the San Siro where one goal for us could change everything... It's scary, yet mouthwatering...

Best of luck for that San Siro match, could this epic giant-killing saga go even further? Very difficult but there are no impossibles in football.

Just a tip, the updates get a bit confusing because you never post where you're at in the league, simply finishing the update with a "Current league position: xth" would make it easier to follow, people are constantly asking it. The results there are looking a little inconsistent, I'm going to guess you're in a playoff position or only just out of it?

Best of luck for that San Siro match, could this epic giant-killing saga go even further? Very difficult but there are no impossibles in football.

Just a tip, the updates get a bit confusing because you never post where you're at in the league, simply finishing the update with a "Current league position: xth" would make it easier to follow, people are constantly asking it. The results there are looking a little inconsistent, I'm going to guess you're in a playoff position or only just out of it?

Thanks man. Taken on board!

Fantastic stuff. This is what dreams are made of, Serie B team making it to the final. Best of luck in it. Who are you up against and how good are they now?

I actually kind of like not having the position spelt out because it keeps us guessing to the end of the season.

Wow! What a result! Great job!
Fantastic work! Who have you got in the final?
Woah, epic win!
get in there. thats the stuff. Champions?
Fantastic stuff. This is what dreams are made of' date=' Serie B team making it to the final. Best of luck in it. [/quote']
What a fantastic cup run! Giant killing of the highest order :thup:
Damn, great win matey! Could be a promotion + cup double. Straight into Europe. Also, Luciano Roldoni looks rediculous!!
Thats a fantastic victory, congrats!

Thanks guys! Really appreciated! The scoreline doesn't tell you how close it really was.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Hellas Verona (Lega Serie Bwin)

Marius Lupo netted the only goal as we continue to claw back the lead Padova have.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 AlbinoLeffe (Lega Serie Bwin)

Another game against AlbinoLeffe, another spanking. Sergio Corallo's double set us on the road, following Amedeo Del Nevo's clinical opener.

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 3 Sassuolo (Lega Serie Bwin)

NOT a game for the purist. Doubles for Wesley Verbeek and Sergio Corallo sandwiched an own goal from them and TWO from us.

Santarcangelo Calcio e3 - 1 AC Milan (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Leg 2)

The fairytale continues! They took the lead early on, but just before half time, Sebastian Mladen volleyed home from a corner to tie it all up. It really was a midfield battle throughout the second half and neither side could find a winner. Extra-time came and the first half was much of the same. However, on 115 minutes, a long ball out of defence found Sergio Corallo all alone and his emphatic finish into the top corner gave us a priceless lead. Then, with just a minute left, Sebastian Mladen rose highest to head home and give the score a lopsided look, it barely deserved

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Padova (Lega Serie Bwin)

We destroyed the league leaders in this one. Amedeo Del Nevo scored the opener and Francesco Valentini headed home to double our lead. Then, after half-time, our 1-2 punch of Wesley Verbeek and Sergio Corallo sealed the rout and took us top on goal difference.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Bassano Virtus (Lega Serie Bwin)

Amedeo Del Nevo buried a beauty to put us ahead, however a diving header from the Bassano defender beat Doria for pace to drag us back.

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 1 Lecce (Lega Serie Bwin)

Boom! Doubles for Wesley Verbeek and Sergio Corallo sandwiched a great header from Francesco Valentini to give us an emphatic win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Juve Stabia (Lega Serie Bwin)

Not a good birthday treat. We were terrible and paid the price.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Empoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

A Wesley Verbeek hat-trick settled this as we continued inexorably towards the title...

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Nocerina (Lega Serie Bwin)

A really tight game, settled by Wesley Verbeek and Cristian Conversano's goals to keep us on track.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Cremonese (Lega Serie Bwin)

With our TIM Coppa Italia final looming, I played the ENTIRE reserves for this match to rest the guys for it. A penalty from Marius Lupo and a low fizzer from Erik Gambella gave us the win against the league's bottom club

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1e Fiorentina (TIM Coppa Italia Final)

A cold, wet night greeted us in Rome for the TIM Coppa Italia Final. The game was very tit-for-tat, with a lot of long range shots going wide and not much action apart from a (rightly) disallowed goal by Giovanni Cristofari. A lot of yellows were given out and we lost Wesley Verbeek to a dead leg in the first half. Yet again, we took a Serie A TIM side to extra-time, however there was to be no fairytale ending as right on the stroke of HT in ET, a cross from the right was met by a flick-on header that looped agonisingly over Doria and into the net.. We poured forward, but to no avail. we'd lost, but the silver lining was we'd gained entry to the UEFA Europa League because Fiorentina had already gained UEFA Champions League football.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Grosseto (Lega Serie Bwin)

A cup hangover awaited us as we never got out of the blocks for this one.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Torino (Lega Serie Bwin)

This was a sickener. Torino took the three points and with it, guaranteed promotion.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Livorno (Lega Serie Bwin)

PANIC STATIONS!!!

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Crotone (Lega Serie Bwin)

Young midfielder Daniele Moruzzi scored his first senior goal on his senior debut, but that was the only bright spot as three second half goals saw us defeated yet again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That damn TIM Coppa Italia final! Because of the confidence lost after that heart-breaking late defeat, we didn't get a point in our last 4 games and finished 3rd in Lega Serie Bwin. From 1st on the 1st May to 3rd and playoffs by the end. Gutted.

As I was reading through this thread, I found myself thinking 'but could they do it on a cold wet night in Rome?' and I guess that's where it came undone. :p

Seriously though, a great career only beaten in greatness by the quality of this thread. KUTGW :thup:

As I was reading through this thread, I found myself thinking 'but could they do it on a cold wet night in Rome?' and I guess that's where it came undone. :p

Seriously though, a great career only beaten in greatness by the quality of this thread. KUTGW :thup:

Thanks man, high praise coming from an award winner!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Postseason/June 2022 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin Playoff Semi Final, Leg 1)

A Wesley Verbeek hat-trick put us in pole position for the next stage, despite us missing 7 first teamers to internationals.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin Playoff Semi Final, Leg 2)

I played the reserves to keep the returning internationals and top players fresh for the next round. A 0-1 defeat meant nothing,

----------------FINAL-----------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 3 Padova (Lega Serie Bwin Playoff Final, Leg 1)

0-3 down at half time after a woeful display to two 30 yard screamers and an own goal. I was livid. It was slipping away AGAIN!!! I tore into my team and just after half time, Sebastian Mladen buried a penalty in the far corner to reduce the deficit and later on, Wesley Verbeek slammed home from close range to bring the game back to 2-3. We face an uphill climb in the second leg.

Santarcangelo Calcio e2 - 0 Padova (Lega Serie Bwin Playoff Final, Leg 2)

Sergio Corallo; club legend, record league goalscorer, goalless in over 700 mins, rifled the ball past the Padova keeper on 7 mins to bring the tie equal. Game on. We both battled hard, Mirco Doria making three or four unbelievable saves from point blank range. End of 90 mins and extra time beckoned. We'd lost last year in ET, as well as the recent cup final... Could we do better? The answer was "Yes!" as Luca Buldrini, a product of the Santarcangelo youth academy, bulleted home a header on 95 mins to give us the win and finally let us into the promised land!

promotionbaby.jpg

Archived