Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Foggia (Lega Serie Bwin)

Wesley Verbeek put us in the lead, before two mistakes lead to Foggia taking the lead. However, Sergio Corallo netted in the 89th minute to give us the draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Novara (Lega Serie Bwin)

Valerio Grassi. BOOM.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Cremonese (Lega Serie Bwin)

We took the lead twice through Valerio Grassi's double and Sergio Corallo's late goal sealed the deal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Mantova (Lega Serie Bwin)

Spmewhat revenge after their thumping of us in the earlier fixture. Valerio Grassi scored the opener, before Wesley Verbeek made the game safe.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Torino (Lega Serie Bwin)

This was the game that could have seen us 6 points clear with 10 games left. Instead, we're tied with 10 left.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Vicenza (Lega Serie Bwin)

Cristian Pinton lashed home to put us in the lead. Valerio Grassi then scored a beauty to give us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Grosseto (Lega Serie Bwin)

Wesley Verbeek's double and a goal from Mario Nosdeo gave us all three points..

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Triestina (Lega Serie Bwin)

A tight game was settled by Mario Nosdeo's goal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Empoli (Lega Serie Bwin)

Mario Nosdeo was again our hero, scoring the winner.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2020 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Nocerina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Davide Ranieri hit the winner in this tight game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Sorrento (Lega Serie Bwin)

Davide Ranieri's opening goal knocked the stuffing out of them and it was only a matter of time before Valerio Grassi gave us all three points..

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Brescia (Lega Serie Bwin)

This was the most important game of the season. Win, and the title was virtually mine. Lose and we were behind, looking up. Valerio Grassi twice gave us the lead before twice being pegged back. This draw meant.....

serieapromotion.jpg

serieapromotion2.png

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Reggina (Lega Serie Bwin)

Understandably, the boys seemed to have their minds on next season and playing in the Serie A TIM next season. Sergio Corallo notched our only reply.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Hellas Verona (Lega Serie Bwin)

Valerio Grassi provided the only goal of the game in this match. Coupled with Brescia's loss, it mean't...

seriebwin2020.jpg

AWWWWWW YYEEEEAAAHHH!!

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Varese (Lega Serie Bwin)

Last game, had won the title, played the kids. Managed a credible draw.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is it. I'm here. I said I wanted to take catenaccio to Serie A TIM and I have, by finishing 1st in Lega Serie Bwin. I'm over the moon. Next season will be a struggle, although I do believe I may ACTUALLY have a budget... *shock*

Great April, must be nailed on for promotion now!

Edit: I was right :D

Well done on an amazing season, winning the title is just brilliant! Can't wait to see what Catenaccio can do in Serie A. :)

Flying up the leagues now!

Brilliant promotion *double thumbs up*

Big congrats on winning Serie B with Santarcangelo.Enjoy next season :D
Wow, brilliant progress. Congrats on reaching Serie A! Can't wait to see how you do there.
Fantastic work. Looking forward to seeing if Catenaccio can work in Serie A
Great stuff. Your in the big time now. Keep it going.

Thank you one and all. It's such a great feeling to get there finally. The personally satisfying thing is I've got there with mainly a youth policy, yes I've bought players in, but I've only spent £250k in 9 years, and that was only 1 player last year!

Great job you're doing with Santarcangelo, especially these last two seasons. :thup: Your youth setup is also quite amazing, Doria was brilliant and it's a shame you lost him, but Mazzanti already looks like a Serie A level striker at 15. If you manage to develop him I'm sure he'll become an Italian international player.

Good luck in your first season in Serie A as well. :thup:

Great job you're doing with Santarcangelo, especially these last two seasons. :thup: Your youth setup is also quite amazing, Doria was brilliant and it's a shame you lost him, but Mazzanti already looks like a Serie A level striker at 15. If you manage to develop him I'm sure he'll become an Italian international player.

Good luck in your first season in Serie A as well. :thup:

Thanks man. It's only because ALL my various boards would let me invest in over the years was the junior coaching.

Maybe Agboh had a quiet word with the chairman about your managerial skills :D

Most definitely a difficult decision to make!

Mirco Doria is there too... I'd have the money to buy all my youth from Santarcangelo as well....

Delighted to see you've made Serie A, man. Even happier to see you remained loyal!

I'm a little fed up with my game, simply because the rules of Serie B squad registrations well and truly caught me with my pants down. Actually considering starting again and trying to develop a team....

Delighted to see you've made Serie A, man. Even happier to see you remained loyal!

I'm a little fed up with my game, simply because the rules of Serie B squad registrations well and truly caught me with my pants down. Actually considering starting again and trying to develop a team....

It's been really rewarding, but it does take some time!

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Preseason/August 2020 Review

Well, here we are. The promised land. Serie A TIM. Given a £63k wage budget and £600k transfer budget, we had the brief to avoid relegation. I approached about trying to upgrade everything and they agreed to upgrade the youth facilities and junior coaching. They also relaid the pitch. We had Kuami Agboh leave us for Fiorentina, so I had to get in a new Youth Coach. But otherwise, we had a quiet period with the club business

------------------------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio p1 - 1 Ravenna (4-3 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia Third Qualifying Round)

Dani Santos netted on his debut as I gave a start to around6 new signings, but it was a difficult display which had me biting my nails until youth keeper Cristian Longni saved the first sudden-death penalty

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)

An encouraging start as we had some chances and defended well

------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, my first proper transfer budget. I almost choked on how much it was. And like normal, I put it all in the wage budget :p. However, incoming were DC Riccardo Bonato; DL Stefano Mercati; DC Raffaele Fiore; AMC Federico Casarini; Russian U-19 keeper Stanislav Matvienko and finally, professional headcase AMRL/ST Mario Balotelli. Coming in for ACTUAL money were MC Dani Santos for £65k from Santos FC. He was out of contract in 6 months, but I felt I needed him now. Also coming in was legend-in-my-own-mind ST Ciro Immobile for £45k from Grosseto. Finally, I splurged £825k compensation on U-19 Swedish DM/MC Gabriel Spångberg from Malmö FF.

Leaving the club were a lot of out-of-contract players who had been with me for a while, such as Kadir Caldi and Simone Rea, but they were just not good enough. DM/MC Andrea Giovanni Maino was co-owned by Sampdoria for £1.8m, along with AMC Antonio Durante (£80k by Carrarese) and AML/ST Francesco Braga (£250k by ChievoVerona). One-time star prospect Francesco Martino was sold to Deportivo Alavés for nothing, as I didn't check his contract clauses.

Looks like some decent business, great to see Immobile back! Interesting how Balotelli never seems to fulfill his potential, and actually ends up regressing from his starting stats. Must be to do with his poor mental stats, although they don't seem to stop him IRL. Might be that SI have to tone down his "bad character" slightly in future.

Wow Fiore looks like he could be deadly at set pieces...20 for heading,18 jumping and he looks like he is going to be a solid DC in the future as well.I hope Balotelli can produce the goods for you :D

Archived