Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the first time since I took over, seven years ago, we fielded a first XI made up of players purely that came through the youth ranks. I'm so proud! I also had three players in the Italy U-19 side as well!

It'll be many years before I can do that. I'd like to just have 11 Italians to start with!

It'll be many years before I can do that. I'd like to just have 11 Italians to start with!

It's purely because I was only allowed to invest in junior coaching and that SI seem to have fix the whole 'getting 6 wingers in your youth setup when you don't play with wingers'

Everything going well so far! Credible performance against Roma, I'm sure the gate receipts from playing them will help.

I hope so. We are actually attracting bigger crowds now. I say bigger, about 100 more than the capacity of our old stadia.

What did the stadium cost again, was it 8 million? Let's hope they buy a lot of hot dogs and beers.

The bigger stadium will be nice to have when you hopefully get promoted one day. Although it would also have been nice to not have to wait 20 years for the next one. I'm actually very glad my upstairs guys didn't build one early as we now got a 17,500 stadium which can hopefully be expanded. Hopefully yours can at least be expanded a fair bit, in case you need it later.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, October 2018 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Bassano (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

I played this game with a First XI entirely selected from players that had come through my youth ranks. And they battled hard for the draw

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Ravenna (Coppa Italia Lega Pro First Round)

Sergio Corallo netted two and Wesley Verbeek hit the finisher in a dominant performance

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione B)

I've had a good night, but this wasn't it.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Savona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo hit an absolute rocket for us to take the lead and Marcello Ferrentino passed a 20 yard shot into the far corner to seal the deal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Modena (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Battered them, couldn't finish them off.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Wesley Verbeek finished high into the corner halfway through the first and Sebastian Mladen smashed home a penalty to give us a good win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Brindisi (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Second Round)

Sergio Corallo finished low to give us a scrappy win and put us into the Third Round.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B

-----------------------------

Melfi

Rimini

Santarcangelo

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;R0SGcfsUEDA]

What did the stadium cost again, was it 8 million? Let's hope they buy a lot of hot dogs and beers.

The bigger stadium will be nice to have when you hopefully get promoted one day. Although it would also have been nice to not have to wait 20 years for the next one. I'm actually very glad my upstairs guys didn't build one early as we now got a 17,500 stadium which can hopefully be expanded. Hopefully yours can at least be expanded a fair bit, in case you need it later.

£7m. Which has crippled us for the last few years. I genuinely think that if I could have kept the Pindi, Castellano and such that season, we could have gone up.

Can certainly understand the frustration and wanting away, as I did too when things just weren't working in my save. But when you have taken the team that far already I'd stay and see how far you can take them.

If you are to leave, however, I'd prefer a fairly crap team that you can continue to build up, ahead of the Barcelonas, Manchester Uniteds and AC Milans of this world.

Creative name you have picked btw :D

Can certainly understand the frustration and wanting away, as I did too when things just weren't working in my save. But when you have taken the team that far already I'd stay and see how far you can take them.

If you are to leave, however, I'd prefer a fairly crap team that you can continue to build up, ahead of the Barcelonas, Manchester Uniteds and AC Milans of this world.

Creative name you have picked btw :D

The name came from when I used to play CM02/03 on the Xbox. Your name was 'Untitled Manager' by default. So I just changed the last name ending to whatever country I was in. Managerino, Managerez, Manageré... You get the point ;)

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, November 2018 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Ravenna (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo scored in the second minute, but a 91st minute equaliser dented our hopes.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

1-2 punch. Sergio Corallo and Wesley Verbeek gave us a comeback win after the last performance.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Pile O'Sh*ite.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Carrarese (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

An own-goal settled this one.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Rimini (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

Wesley Verbeek put us ahead and a header from Francesco Valentini gave us the win.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, December 2018 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Wesley Verbeek scored the opener and Gianluca Bacchiocci netted the second.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Treviso (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Blunt attack, sharp defence.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Melfi (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round, Group B)

We qualified top thanks to Emanuele Paramatti's opener, despite only getting the draw

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Reggiana (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

No Corallo, no Verbeek, no goals.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Sassuolo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Still no Corallo, still no Verbeek, still no goals.

---------------------------------------------------------

We finish 2018 in 1st place in Lega Pro Prima Divisione A, mainly as the other sides are just as inept as I am at trying to kill a game off.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, January 2019 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AlbinoLeffa (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo powered through the defence and slammed the ball into the far corner to give us a double over the ex-Serie B side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Taranto (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Youth striker Cosimo Febbraro netted his first ever senior goal for us to level it all up.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Monza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

3-0 up by halftime and this was settled. Sergio Corallo hit a screamer to start with and finished it off with a tap in, either side of Michele Fiorino's finish from 20 yards.

[video=youtube_share;w8q9X1SytzE]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2019 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 S.P.A.L (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Fuming at this defeat, I was. [/Yoda]

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Bassano (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

What a game for Gianluca Bacchiocci. He scored twice, conceded the penalty that led to the Bassano goal and got himself sent off for a second yellow. In all the excitement, Sergio Corallo hit his record-breaking 21st goal of the campaign and Wesley Verbeek got the fourth

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo netted to give us the lead then, in the 92nd minute, we were harshly adjudged to have given away a penalty and they equalised.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Treviso (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi Final, Leg 1)

Sergio Corallo, Wesley Verbeek and Gianluca Bacchiocci settled this before half time and gave us a commanding lead for the second leg.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Treviso (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi Final, Leg 2)

Francesco Martino hit the opener in this fomality of a second leg and a late own-goal just capped it off. We were back in the Final!.

[video=youtube_share;BoNSennp_aY]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2019 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Savona (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ugh. Thank Christ, the rest of the league as as shi*e as we are

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Modena (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sebastian Mladen headed home to give us a draw against the promotion rivals

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 San Marino (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Francesco Martino equalised in the 87th minute to keep our wobbling title charge on track.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Ravenna (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Ngggh... Down to second

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Mantova (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, Leg 1)

Pietro Amore hit the opener in this tightly-contested final. Although we conceded the equaliser just after HT, the ever-reliable Wesley Verbeek hit the winner to give us a vital foothold for the second leg.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Wesley Verbeek scored the first and an own-goal sealed it. We're back up to first.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2019 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Mantova (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, Leg 2)

BOOM! Cristian Pinton hit his first ever goal for the club to put us in the driving seat, an own-goal and Fabio Saladino's first goal for the club meant that we ran out winners of the cup, 5-1 on aggregate

serieccupwin2019.jpg

recordattend20192.png

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo headed home to give us the edge in the title race as it opened a 4 point gap between us and them.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Carrarese (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Francesco Valentini bundled home from a corner to give us a draw against another of our promotion contenders.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Wesley Verbeek's double gave us a vital win. Still 4 points ahead.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Treviso (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Luca Budrini and Francesco Martino combined to give us a vital win. 4 points ahead, 2 games left..

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, May 2019 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Reggiana (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

BOOM! Sergio Corallo got our consolation in this match. FFFFFFFFUUUU. We're falling apart. A point ahead with a game to go.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Sassuolo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)

Sergio Corallo headed home late on. You know what this means....

c1awinner2019.jpg

iconography.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm over the moon. Literally. We've scratched and scrabbled to get here and finally, I'm taking catenaccio to Serie B!

Sounds very good so far. Could be an excellent season with both promotion and a cup title to your name :thup:

Edit: Heh, I should have refreshed and read I guess. Big fat congrats to both titles. Must feel great to finally be in Serie B after a few frustrating seasons. Well done :thup:

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Postseason 2019 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 5 Sorrento (Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, Leg 1)

Ah, eff this. Wesley Verbeek equalised after a long shot looped in just under the bar, but then they took control. We fell apart and only Cosimo Febbrano stopped this looking as bad as it was.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Sorrento (Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, Leg 2)

Wesley Verbeek scored early and Francesco Martino doubled the lead to give us a sniff of an unlikely victory, but a late goal against ruined it all.

Archived