Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Deisler26

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The defence is obviously top-notch, but I'm surprised you can score as often as you do with such a defensive tactic. 1.5 goals a game is pretty decent.

What generally happens is that I get a goal early on in the first, then one late on to seal it.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, February 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Aprilla (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

2-0 up in 5 mins through Pierre Pindi's double, we were crusing. But a 20 yard shot that crept in and a header that looked offside meant that we drew.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Chieti (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We went 0-1 down from a corner, before Andrea Castellano swept home after a great counter-attack move.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Aversa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

This game was against the team with the second best defensive record in the league. We slaughtered them. Goals from Kadir Caidi, Matteo De Paoli, Ivan Graziani and Zlatko Zejnilovic saw us thump them.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Fondi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

We went 2-0 up through goals from Luca Onorato and Kadir Caidi, before we conceded again from a corner and saw Pierre Pindi sent off for a second yellow card.

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, March 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Zlatko Zejnilovic's lw strike gave us a priceless win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Vigor Lamezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Andrea Castellano's return from injury was marked with a double including a penalty. Pierre Pindi got the third in this win which put us top for the first time this season. However, we have now conceded 7 goals in 8 games as opposed to the 7 in 20 earlier!.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Gavorrano (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

This game just painful. Miceli fumbled the ball into the net for an OG before Pierre Pindi equalised with a tidy finish. However, a defensive lapse saw the 18th placed side get a priceless win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Barletta (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Oh God. It's happening again. We were dead and buried at 0-2 down before Luca Onorato scored an 80th minute 'consolation'. This result dropped us into the playoff positions.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

I'd incurred a touchline ban after the Barletta game, so I could only watch from the stands as we ground out a credible draw with the league leaders, Luca Onorato getting the equaliser.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Novese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Ivan Graziani netted to set us on our way, but again we were pegged back by a relegation-haunted side. We regained second on goal difference after this game.

----------------------------------------------------------

I GENUINELY have no idea how I'm still second...

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, April 2015 Review

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Melfi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Pierre Pindi's late strike gave us a priceless point, but we're still stuttering :(

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 1 Monterotondo Lupo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Andrea Castellano's opener was totally overshadowed by Jakob Vojtus' first goal in 15 HOURS! Not only that, it was one of three as he scored a hat-trick of real quality.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 L'Aquilla (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Zlatko Zejnilovic scored the only goal of this tight encounter between promotion hopefuls.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Campobasso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B)

Jakob Vojtus scored twice as we twice came from behind for a tough draw against middling opposition.

------------------------------------------------------------

This left us in 2nd place by a point. With just two games to go and 3rd place to play in my last match...

------------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube_share;bbGcLx6-GZc]

scudetto_santarcangelo.jpgSantarcangelo Calcio, Preseason/August 2015 Review

We had no retirees this season, however I picked up former Santarcangelo player Stéphane Sarni as a scout, thus increasing the number of ex-players in my backroom staff. I asked for and got an increase in Junior coaching. Our budgets were £13.25k wage and £2.85k transfer budgets in our first ever season in Lega Pro Prima Divisione A.

------------------------------------------------------

Results

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Nocerina (Coppa Italia, First Qualifying Round)

They had 11 shots on goal, 0 on target. And won 0-1. Marek Kysela's own goal settled it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Transfers

Only three buys this off-season, all on free's. AMC Gonçalo Brum, SW/DLC Giovanbattista Anastasi and DL Simone Lea all coming in to bolster various areas of the side. However, the real deals were done on a scouting trip to watch Italy U-20's vs Morocco U-20's. I was sat watching the game and two players on the opposition side stood out. On further enquires, they were both available on Bosman frees. Some quick deals later and I would have two cracking players in January. DR Mohamed Abdellaoui and ST Bilal Yilmaz. These two will be vital in January.

Only DM Andrea Consigu left the club, as he was whining about no game time and I had a decent youth in Cristian D'Amico as a third-choice backup.

The Story So Far..

[size=3]2011-12 [b]Santarcangelo Calcio[/b]; [i]12th in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A[/i]
2012-13 [b]Santarcangelo Calcio[/b]; [i]12th in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A[/i]
2013-14 [b]Santarcangelo Calcio[/b]; [i]11th in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A[/i]
2014-15 [b]Santarcangelo Calcio[/b]; [i]2nd in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione B, promoted[/size][/i]

Good table that, pushed the leaders all the way in and well clear of the playoff debacle.

Best of luck surviving next season. Is the stepup big? Don't think I've ever played in Italy :o

In my Trapani career thread I've found the biggest problem is just consistency. I'd say SC1 is pretty even, and I'm sure that Deisler should be able to push on into the top half of the table with just one or two signings.

Quality season, congrats for finally breaking through. Class bunch of home-grown youngsters coming up too.

I'm more intrigued by the tactics, I'd think having so many defensive players and such a defensive line could actually be counterproductive as your team gets pinned back all the time, apparently not. 24 conceded in 38 games is superb.

Archived