[FM 12] James Rodriguez

wanderer89

James David Rodríguez Rubio was born 12 July 1991, he's more commonly known as just James Rodriguez, he's a Columbian left winger who currently plies his trade in the Liga ZON Sagres with FC Porto.

JamesRodriguez.png

Club Career:

He started his professional career with Columbian Second Division team Envigado FC and made 55 appearances & scored 20 goals, he was there for 2 years, before signing for Club Atlético Banfield in 2008, in 2009 he became a first team regular for Banfield, playing every game of the Apertura 2009, helping them to their first Argentine Championship in the history of the club.

On 13 February 2010, James scored a goal in the match against arch rivals Lanús with a left-footed lob to make the game 2-0 in the final minutes. After the game, daily sports website Diario Olé likened his playing and personal style to Cristiano Ronaldo and also nicknamed him the 'James Bond of Banfield'.

In July 2010, he was signed by FC Porto for £5.1m, with 30% registration rights retained by other parties. He signed a 4 year deal with a £30m release clause.

On 18 July he played his first game and scored his first goal in a friendly against Ajax, and in November Porto sold 35% economic rights (half of 70%) to Gol Football Luxembourg, S.A.R.L. for 2.5 million. On 17 May Porto bought the remain 30% rights from Convergence Capital Partners B.V. for £2,250,000.

International Career

: In 2007 he was part of the Colombia U-17 teams that finished runners-up in the South American Under-17 championships. He was also part of the U-20 Colombia squad in the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

On 29 September 2011, James got called up for the first time, to the Colombia's Senior National Team, for a match scheduled against Bolivia, to be played on the 11 October 2011. He was selected as the man of match, having made an impressive performance including the initiation of the goal scored in the last minute by his previous teammate Falcao García, which allowed a 1-2 win for Colombia.

Game Stats

JamesRodrguezOverview_Attributes.png

I've only used Rodriguez a few times, but in those little times, he's always produced the goods, he's got pace, a cracking cross, will nearly always pick out his man in the box, I use him as a winger (A), he's got the stats to be a fantastic winger in future, wouldn't make a bad one now, I do recommend him, but even at the age of 19, if you think he's too young, surely he'll be a very good backup to your main winger, he can be brought relatively cheap, I brought him for £11.25m at the beginning of the season with Man City, he won't move to just any team, he'll only move to a biggish club so to speak.

Anyway, sorry if this thread isn't up to standards, if there's anything I could do to improve it, would take on ideas :) feel free to post your own screenshots of how he is on your save.

Enjoy!

Bought him on FM10 and he was brilliant, wasn't as great on FM11 but this year he has been really good for me so far.

Managed to pick him up for £8.25m for Man Utd at the end of the first transfer window and have been using him on the left wing as either an Inside Forward(A) or Advanced Playmaker(S) but he has played most of his games for me from an attacking midfield position as a slightly modfied Trequarista. Half way through the first season he has 7 goals and 9 assists in about 19 games (Can't remember exactly).

His shoting from long range can be a bit annoying at times but you get used to it after he starts to score a couole :p

Just finished a season with him playing at AML, played 38, scored 14, with 13 assists, not a bad return from a winger, if only I could stop him shooting, he'd get so many more assists, I've asked him to try and stop but it fails, but if he keeps up these kind of performances then I won't mind.

Archived