One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues

Azeryk`

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea why or how this has happened - but for some reason I'm in the North American Champions League preliminary round to face AD Isidro Metapan from El Salvador....... I didn't even do well last season :eek:

I guess it depends on how well you did in the playoffs...

Won 8-1 on agg.

Group stage I will face:

Arabe Unido (Panama)

Comunicaciones (Guatemala)

New York (USA)

Top 2 go through so am expecting to go through at least :D

All 4 Mexican teams in the North American CL reached the S-Finals of the close season so I guess that explains how I got through.

Season 14 - Open Season

For the new season I tweaked the tactics and made a couple of new signings who would sit on the bench to give me more depth; so I was hoping to be more comfortably in the top 8 and not scrapping in like last season. The first couple of games went well with some big wins and then drastically went downhill until we had hit 10th in the league. My players were good enough so it had to be my new tactics, so back to 4-4-2 we went and things improved. We had no chance of catching top spot America (MEX) who dominated the league, but in the Mexican league the top 8 go into a knock-out system so I still had a chance. We rose to 4th - although three points separated us from 8th so it was close.

mexicanfirstdivisionove.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the Q-Finals we faced Monterrey and after two close matches squeezed through 4-3, then came Santos Laguna and again just made it through 5-4. By this stage I was happy with our performance and with us facing America (MEX) in the two legged final I wasn't expecting to win. We won the home leg 2-0 to give us hope and they attacked us with everything in the away leg and they won that match but only by one goal 2-3 so I won :)

One of the main reasons we won was Fernando 9see below) he was on top form for the whole open season. Strange considering that he was sent out on loan last season before I joined and without a recall clause. If he stays fit for the rest of the season then the North American CL would be a possibility.

fernandooverviewprofile.png

Great job winning the title, hope you can add the NACL to that too :)
21 goals in 23 appearances would certainly help! Congratulations on the League title :)
Congrats on the title win and the best of luck in the NACL in which Fernando could be a big help in winning it :D

Thanks for the comments,

The NACL will depend on luck of the draw I think. All four Mexican sides topped their groups with ease and have avoided each other in the Q-Finals (I face Seattle).

After 4 league games we find ourselves 13th in the league - ooops

If you like a real challenge then go to somewhere in Asia as most leagues have a foreigner limit on them,maybe Indonesia as I think that may actually be one of the most difficult to have a club win the Asian CL!

Unlucky m8 I had the same problem with Tamworth couldnt get any players in on free tranfer because the wage budget was already over so I ended up finishing 10th . But when I got sum decent players in the next season I won the league with ease, its hard when nobody wants to cum either gonna be a long season m8 gl.

Season 14 - Close Season

With how well the first part of the season went I had high hopes for the second half. I was able to fend off the bigger clubs and retain all of my players and with better tactics we were sure to do well. Except that never happened, we never got a run of wins together in the league and infact lost 6/17 games. We played so bad that at one stage we went down to 15th and only reached the top 8 after the final game of the regular season. In the Q-finals of the knock outs we faced Atlas and after a large home win got through with ease and faced Chivas in the S-Finals. We lost 0-1 at home and could only manage a 1-1 draw away knocking us out. Chivas went on to win the final against America (MEX) on penalties.

The North American Champions League was my main goal and as I posted above the group stage was easy. We faced Seattle in the Q-finals and went through easy enough and then we went into the S-Final draw which had four Mexican sides - I guess I picked the easier nation to manage in. We were drawn against Pumas and had a nervy 2-2 draw in the first leg before getting a 2-0 win the second leg. The final was against Atlas, the same club we were facing in the close season Q-finals whcih meant we faced them 4 times in less than 2-weeks. We lost 1-2 in the away leg and used our home advantage to good effect winning 5-0 and getting the CL.

cfpuebladelafranjafixtu.png

It was very pleasing to get the CL win, I've not been enjoying the time in Mexico and for the first time in the game will be pleased to be leaving a club. The Mexican league is by far the strongest in North America, I would have hated to have played in the MLS as it would have been very frustrating facing much stronger sides. Also there is very little different in the quality of the Mexican league clubs players. America (MEX) dominated the open season by far and then struggled like mad in the close season; and the same happened with me too. It seems that luck determines finishing top 8 or not and which Mexican side wins the CL or not. I really don't think any club here could ever retain a league or CL title.

And they only gave me manager of the season runner up - these seems to be a trend :p

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       5th/7th
2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions

It will be off to Asia for me, although having to go to work tomorrow will give me plenty of time to decide which nation I will manage in, am leaning towards Australia as I've never managed there yet most people here seem to have. Although feel free to post an opinion.

Good job getting it done quickly again! Think you may be heading for a record in terms of completing the five continental titles in a short space of time.

Personally I'd have gone for the African one first then bed in for a real challenge in Asia - take someone from Singapore or India to the continental championship.

Will it be save over when you've won all 5 incidentally? Any other goals at all?

I picked Asia and I have done South Africa before and found that quite hard so thought that would be the longest of the two remaining CLs. Although after looking at the Asian CL past winners I think that could be just as hard as most winners are from unplayable leagues.

I will continue with the same save until I get bored and go out and buy Skyrim. But until then I'm not really sure what challenge to do afterwards. I could take over Tottenham (my supported team) or Exeter (my local side).

The other thing I've thought of doing is to win a CL with the worst side I can think of - probably a Welsh side. But it will be a long time until that happens.

I picked Asia and I have done South Africa before and found that quite hard so thought that would be the longest of the two remaining CLs. Although after looking at the Asian CL past winners I think that could be just as hard as most winners are from unplayable leagues.

I will continue with the same save until I get bored and go out and buy Skyrim. But until then I'm not really sure what challenge to do afterwards. I could take over Tottenham (my supported team) or Exeter (my local side).

The other thing I've thought of doing is to win a CL with the worst side I can think of - probably a Welsh side. But it will be a long time until that happens.

You've done well so far! I'm trying SOuth Africa right now and you're right...it can be a grind. :)

Great read, great achievements.

Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll continue the success

You've done well so far! I'm trying SOuth Africa right now and you're right...it can be a grind. :)

If I remember right the top South African sides are not the strongest in the African CL making it quite hard to win.

Fair enough, I always assumed the African one would be as simple as being the best team from South Africa, but I guess the Egyptian sides are quite significantly stronger as they tend to keep quite a few of their good players in domestic football.

My end-game plan for my save is to take an Asian nation, manage a club and get the national job, and try and make them the number 1 ranked league and country in the world. Will probably take me far longer than I'd be willing to spend on it, but a goal's a goal :)

Fair enough, I always assumed the African one would be as simple as being the best team from South Africa, but I guess the Egyptian sides are quite significantly stronger as they tend to keep quite a few of their good players in domestic football.

My end-game plan for my save is to take an Asian nation, manage a club and get the national job, and try and make them the number 1 ranked league and country in the world. Will probably take me far longer than I'd be willing to spend on it, but a goal's a goal :)

I know what you mean, even if I do have a goal for afterwards I doubt I will finish it as I won't want to spend time on a long term goal.

Happenings in my save:

Hart, now 38 is still Man City's #1 keeper

Rooney, is assistant manager at Everton

Lampard, is a coach at Newcastle

Gerrard is assistant manager at Birmingham

Ashley Young is a scout for Nottingham F

Brighton are in the Premiership

West Ham have dropped to L1, whilst Truro have climbed to the same league

Tottenham have just moved into the Tottenham stadium

Norway are reigning Euro Champs

England are 13th in the world rankings, behind Belgium and Mali

Argentina are #1 ranked team in the world

Am currently out of a job and I think it will be a few month before an Australian/Korean side will be looking for a manager so if anyone wants a screenshot or an update on a club/player then ask as I'm bored :p

I did the African CL in FM1 with a South African side, but it was mainly down to luck. Both Egypt and Tunisia have strong teams if I remember right.

I would recommend South Korea or China. Both are very fun places to manage.

I have set both of those countries to be loaded so if the opportunity arises it may happen.

A real interesting challenge you set yourself here and you've done a great job so far, congrats!

i'll be interested to see what club you end up at next.

Thanks for the comment :)

And my new club is...........

Melbourne Heart FC

It might have taken 2/3 of the way through the season before anyone was willing to sack their manager but I am pleased with where I ended up - althought going that long unemployed was a right pain in the bum :p

The overall squad looks good although we do need a new DR and MR and our top scorer is on 6 goals in 17 games.

Squad Review:

melbourneheartfcteamrep.png

League: We were predicted 2nd

hyundaialeagueregularse.png

Season 15

Well with me being in-between clubs I was left with just my Brazil matches. We had the Confederations cup to keep me occupied and we did have a good chance of winning this competition although Italy and the USA would provide the main problems. We went through the group stage with ease, winning all three matches easily enough, which were against Mexico, Tunisia and reigning Euro Champs Norway. We would then face Italy in the semi-finals and had a good strong win and due to some luck would face Tunisia in the finals. I was expecting a much easier match than I got, although after they knocked out a strong USA side I should have been more cautious. We had all of the possession and shots and only managed to score in the 119th minute - and with my record in penalties I was starting to get worried. So another trophy whilst at Brazil, a great way to warm-up to the next World Cup which is only a year away at this stage.

brazilfixturesfixtures2.png

After a bit of a wait I ended up at Melbourne Heart FC - who were struggling in 7th despite being predicted 2nd and having a fairly decent first team, which became more evident when I took them to 4th with a good record of 9 games, 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat - and all I did was buy a DR and ST. So I am not sure what the previous manager was doing to have a good set of players do so bad. It was enough to place us in the minor semi-final against Sydney FC which went well and we gained a strong 5-0 win. That put us in the minor final against Gold Coast United. We dominated for the entire game but a quick goal from them in the second half was enough to secure them the win. So there is it, season over for us and no Asian CL next season for us.

hyundaialeagueregularse.png

I think with a couple of signings we should be able to dominate the league next season as did well against nearly everyone since I took over and had some convincing victories, even against the largest side, and club rivals Melbourne Victory.

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       5th/7th
2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final

Seasons    Country             Achievements
2016-2020  England             World Cup 2018 - First Knockouts
                              Euro 2020 - First knockouts
2022       Brazil              Copa America 2023 - Winners
                              Confederations Cup - Winners

'One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues' my first thought was, very interesting challenge should take a good few months to complete. I open it up, start reading, reading, reading, 1 Champions League down, reading, another Champions League down, reading, another one, reading and then onto Melbourne Heart. (I think I got that right, I've lost count of how many CL's you've won! ;))

Amazing read, great career so far. Keep up the good work!

'One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues' my first thought was, very interesting challenge should take a good few months to complete. I open it up, start reading, reading, reading, 1 Champions League down, reading, another Champions League down, reading, another one, reading and then onto Melbourne Heart. (I think I got that right, I've lost count of how many CL's you've won! ;))

Amazing read, great career so far. Keep up the good work!

Haha, thanks. :D I've been quite lucky in terms of opportunities early on in the game as I never expected to be offered the jobs by Burnley and Arsenal.

On a side note - in my Brazil vs Holland World Cup group match, which is being held in Mexico, and only 1,018 people turned up :p

I had the World Cup to occupy me tonight and aside from the low attendance it generallyW went well. The group stage was always going to be easy as we faced Holland, Canada and Japan; where we managed to score 16 goals and conceded zero. The next hurdle to overcome was Uruguay, who have slipped over the past couple of years, so a 3-0 win wasn't unexpected. The Q-Final was going to be a big test, I was to face my previous international side England, with the score at only 2-1 we had Lapa (MR) sent off but still managed a couple of late goals to make it 4-1. The S-Finals was against powerhouse Spain, the whole match was close and tbh either side could have left with the win but luckily it was us. We were into the final.

We had France in the final, again it was a close match with both sides getting similar possession, shots and shots on target. Twice we took the lead in the first half only to have France reply quickly afterwards. I was starting to dread extra time and penalties when Braga (DC) popped up in the 87th minute to get me the big one. I'd won the World Cup.

I would love to pick out a star performer but everyone done well, Jose managed to break several records whilst there for scoring 6 against Japan and is now joint top scorer at a World Cup ever (alongside Baron of France this year as well)

Squad:

brazilsquadplayers.png

Fixtures:

brazilfixturesfixtures3.png

and lets ignore the friendly match against Romania earlier in the year

I did plan on leaving Brazil after the World Cup to move on to new areas, but after winning the last three tournaments with Brazil it's made it too hard to leave, especially as the new country would be weaker than my current team. Plus most countries looking to hire are from Europe and the Americas whereas something in Asia or Africa would have been a big temptation. So maybe I'll stay here and look to retain my crown in 4 years time.

Good to see my Roar still dominant

I challenge you to have a game whilst in the A-League better than this one

Good video and looks like one hell of a match, I beat them 1-0 last season so hoping I can top them this year. They've only won the title twice in my game, in 2024 and last season 2026.

Great World Cup win :thup:

Thats the problem once you've managed Brazil I guess, nearly everywhere else is a step down.

Exactly, and eventually you'd have to face them in a World Cup. At least with my steps down in league teams I don't have to face the former sides. I did look into the England, France and Spain jobs but my current Brazil squad looks much better than those three. I think Argentina in terms of quality are close to me but that is not really much of a move.

This has been a great career and a great story so far - from the Blue Square to the World Cup! Good to see that the remove/add leagues feature works without any problems as well :)

Add/remove has been great so far as it has allowed me to maintain a decent running speed whilst having so many different countries to manage in. The only annoying this is that you can add a league and have to wait 11 months for it to actually be added if you miss the start date.

Well done on winning the World Cup, even though you were Brazil it's still one heck of a challenge :thup:

Thanks - I have the Copa America in 12 months time so going to blend in some youth and look to continue the success.

Congrats on the World Cup win :)

Cheers!

Archived