Blue Square Bet North - Win Promotion Media Prediction - 1st

FA Cup - Reach the first round

FA Trophy - Reach the second round

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £5.2k p/w

Current Wage Bill - £3,719 p/w

Transfers

Again, as lots of players came in during the summer I will list the key acquisitions.

Joe Wright - With Mohammed Sylla's attributes rapidly declining, I needed a new right winger so in came Joe Wright.

Mehdi Lazaar - A player Burnley once paid £250k for as a 17 year old. Naturally a striker, but I've been starting him in central midfield.

Michael Noble - Former Rangers trainee. Looks very good for this level.

Neil Yadolahi - Didn't quite work out for him in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, but he's another who should succeed at this level.

Sam Topliss - Young full-back who was released by Hull City in the summer.

That is the pain with the BS, there's little room for error when it comes to gaining a promotion. Things are going well though, so this season could well lead to that first step up. Good luck with it, hopefully injury won't hold you back.

Thanks BadManager. Your right, with just one autmomatic promotion spot it can be slightly tricky, and unfortunately we completely lost it in the playoffs.

It's yours for the taking.

I hope so :)

I thought Joe Wright sounded familiar, I had him for Boston too, 79 games and 16 goals for the club :)

Let's hope he can make a similar impact for my side :)

615.png

Boston United - 2013/14 Mid-Season Update

Blue Square Bet North - 1st

So, we will start the second half of the season at the summit of league table with a healthy 4 point lead over Colwyn Bay(Although, we have played a game more). This season we have been far more resolute at the back, conceding just 12 goals compared to the 31 goals conceded at this stage last season, and I would say that the main reason for this is the switch from a 4-4-2 with the wingers pushed forward, to a 4-3-3 which has given a lot more protection to the back four, whilst still allowing us to look dangerous going forward.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round

Our fringe players looked good in the opening rounds, but we unfortunately came unstuck against BSP side Stockport.

FA Trophy - Into the 2nd round

After a comfortable win at home to Belper, and an Emphatic victory away to BSP side Alfreton, we will meet BSP promotion hopefuls Fleetwood in the 2nd round.

615.png

Boston United - 2013/14 Season Review

Blue Square Bet North - 1st, Promotion!

After the heartache of playoff semi-final defeat last season, I wanted us to go up as league champions and in the end we did so pretty comfortably. We did hit a couple of rough patches during the second half of the season, drawing all 5 league games in the month of January which allowed AFC Telford to come from nowhere to become our main challengers for the title.

Despite their best efforts, Telford were unable to maintain a steady run of form and we were confirmed as champions on the last day of the season after a 4-1 away win at already relegated Lowestoft although, due to our huge goal difference, we would have been champions whatever the outcome of the result.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round

FA Trophy - Finalists!

An unexpected cup run that did the club's finances a world of good. After coming through a hard fought tie against Fleetwood on penalties, we progressed though the next two rounds with ease and there started be real belief that we could make the trip to Wembley to play in the final. Away from home in the first leg of the semi's against Blue Square Bet South side Ebbsfleet the side showed great team spirit, coming from two goals down to earn a draw before winning an edgy game in the second leg 1-0.

Confidence was high going into the final after securing promotion to the Blue Square Premier, plus we already proved throughout the competition that were able to compete with teams in the division above. It was always going to be a hard task beating Grimsby in the final, but it was made even harder when after just 19 minutes right back Sam Topliss picked up his second booking of the game and headed back to the changing rooms for a very early bath. For much of the game we were on the back foot, but we defended well and I still maintained hope of us snatching a goal to grab the trophy. That was until the 77th minute when 17 year old striker Craig Johnson put The Mariners in front which sadly proved to be the winning goal. Despite the result, we can be proud of a great cup run.

Sqaud

Transfers

There was one addition during the season as George Moncur was brought in to strengthen the midfield.

Finances

The FA trophy cup run has given the clubs finances a massive boost, and for the first time since my arrival, we are out of the red.

Key Players

Ross Smith - Another solid season from the vice-captain.

Cristian Baz - Wasn't able to provide anywhere near as much assists as last season, but he still played a key role in our success.

Joe Wright - A very good debut season from the Australian winger, and he was the subject of several bids from Melbourne Victory during the season, but I do not plan on selling him anytime soon.

Mehdi Lazaar - A fantastic first season at the club as he finished top of the league's assists table.

Trésor Kandol - The league's Top Goalscorer and Player of the Year. Another brilliant season.

Year       Team              Country       League                     Position     Important Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists[/Code]

[b][i]Next Season[/i][/b]

I delayed signing a new contract at Boston until the end of the season, but unless I receive an offer from a League 1/League 2 side I plan to stay here for at least another season or two. I have been linked with a few interesting jobs such as League 2 side Bury and Watford who have just been relegated from the Championship.

Congrtaz on the promotion :thup:
Well done after missing out last year.
Congrats on clinching promotion and a well done on having an impressive performance in the FA Trophy :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Well done Rogan Josh, er, sorry P.

:mad:

Well done roganp, good luck in the BSP. I'm sure you'll be fine, there's not too much of a difference between the two divisions :thup:

Thanks AK, I'm hoping our momentum from the BSN can carry us to a top 5 finish. There are couple of tricky teams in the BSP this year such as the MK Dons who have just suffered their 2nd successive relegation.

615.png

Boston United - 2014/15 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Blue Square Premier - Achieve a respectable position Media Prediction - 23rd

FA Cup - Reach the first round

FA Trophy - Reach the second round

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £6.82k p/w

Current Wage Bill - £4.5k p/w

Transfers

Key signings :

Anthony Church - Back for a second spell at the club.

Joe Clarke - Released by Man City. We managed to beat of competition from our parent club Walsall for his signature.

Mark Hickman - A young striker who was released by Norwich in the Summer. He will mainly be used as an impact sub.

Michael Potts - Former Manchester United trainee. Didn't have a great start to life at the club, but he has shown some promise in the last few games.

Just read this from the begging, well done on slowly building a team for promotion! Surely that gives you more chance of staying up/pushing for play-offs as you've managed to build a team that's 'yours'?

Thanks :). It has taken us a little while to settle in a higher division(Took us 6 games to get our first win), but after 3 wins in our last 5 games we are not far of the playoff spots(5 points).

Hopefully your squad will be able to build up on the recent run of form :)

Well, we've just beaten 2nd in the table Aldershot away from home to make it 4 wins out of 6, so it seems things are starting to come together nicely :)

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-4.png

Although Yeovil have given me the chance to work in a higher division and have a wage budget that is nearly 5x the amount I'm working with at Boston, I decided to reject the offer. I've still got plenty of unfinished business at Boston as I would like to take them to at least League 2.

CliveHackettNews_Inbox.png

Although Yeovil have given me the chance to work in a higher division and have a wage budget that is nearly 5x the amount I'm working with at Boston, I decided to reject the offer. I've still got plenty of unfinished business at Boston as I would like to take them to at least League 2.

Yes, but Yeovil earned their FL status on merit, not cheating like Boston did first time. :p

(I am a Yeovil fan IRL and we hate Boston :p)

615.png

Boston United - 2014/15 Mid-Season Update

Blue Square Bet Premier - 9th

It's been a solid start to the season, but I do feel that we could in an even better position. After an initial struggle in a new division we managed to hit a good run of form, beating some of our fellow promotion hopefuls Aldershot, York and Burton away from home. However, we haven't been consistent enough for my liking and we've been too complacent against teams at the foot of the table. Still, we're only 5 points of the playoffs and hopefully with a few more additions we can finish in the top 5.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 2nd round

After comfortable victory's in the early rounds against Non-League opposition, we were given a fairly big tie against League 1 Bristol Rovers. We put in a great performance in the away from home, coming from 2-0 down but unfortunately we could not make home advantage count in the replay and our time in the competition was over.

FA Trophy - Into the 2nd round

We've played just the one game so far, beating Frickley 0-1.

Not the easiest of games those though, still a decent season so far I would say.

What's happened to MK Dons to sink to the relegation zone of the Conference so quickly?

Terrible finances by the look of things. They are valued at £1.3M and are in £43.5M of debt, a huge debt for a club at this level. Thier stadium capacity has also been decreased 3 times.

615.png

Boston United - 2014/15 Season Review

Blue Square Bet Premier - 15th

Well, most of the second half of the season was a complete disaster. After my Mid-Season update we went on run of just 1 win in 16 games which ended any slim hope we had of making the playoffs. Instead we found ourselves slowly being dragged into a relegation battle, but thankfully our early season form was enough to ensure that we were never in any real danger of suffering the drop.

Towards the end of the season our form drastically improved, but we had to settle for a mid-table finish. All in all, I'm dissapointed with our collapse in the second half of the season however, some may see it as a decent season after getting promoted.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the second round

FA Trophy - Winners!

I'll be honest and say that I paid little attention to the FA trophy this year, playing fringe players in most rounds to allow our key players to get some rest for the league games. However, the competition provided an escape from the stresses of the Blue Square Premier and after some great defensive performances (and some luck :p) we soon found ourselves making the trip to Wembley for the second year in a row , but this year was to be our year as we beat Salisbury 2-0 to lift the trophy for the first time in the clubs history.

Sqaud

Transfers

Dominic Iorfa, Elikem Amenku, Villyan Bijev were brought in during the January transfer window. None of them made any significant contribution, although of course Bijev did score both of the goals in the FA Trophy final.

Finances

Looking great at the moment and they continue to improve.

Key Players

Joe Clarke - A solid debut season from the right back.

Joe Wright - Excellent in the first half of the season, inconsistent in the second. However, he was still one of our better performers during our horrible run of form.

Neil Yadolahi - Became the main man in defence this season as the performance levels of captain Ross Smith began to decline.

Mark Hickman - Top goalscorer and he took over the role as the clubs lead striker from Tresor Kandol.

Year       Team              Country       League                     Position     Important Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners![/Code]

[b][i]Next Season[/i][/b]

Similar to this stage last year, I have delayed signing a new contract(it runs out in a months time) but it's very likely that I will eventually put pen to paper on a new deal . Throughout the season I was heavily linked with some high end League 2 jobs and a couple of sides in League 1, but as of yet the only firm offer has come from Yeovil.

Archived