Scottish League Cup - Reach the Quarter Finals

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £497K

Wage Budget - £53.62K p/w

Current Wage Bill - £45.63K p/w

Squad Depth Overview

Transfers

Key additions below :

Fidel - Bought by Sevilla last season for £2.9M, but was released this summer without making a single league appearance for them. His pace and trickery should trouble defences in the SPL.

Mohammed Cherkaoui - Signed from SPL rivals Motherwell. A good young player.

Sano Fernandes - I was in desperate need of a decent centre back and Fernandes should do a good job for us this year.

Olli Mikkola - Needed to add pace upfront so in came Mikkola on loan from West Brom. He didn't have the greatest of loan spells last year at Motherwell, making just 3 appearances and scoring no goals. Hopefully he will make a better impact for us.

Adam Rooney - Returns to the SPL having previously had a very successful spell at Inverness.

You did very well in the MLS and Joseph was absolutely brilliant.Good luck at Dundee :thup:

Joseph really was incredible. I'm pretty sure that we would have won the MLS if he wasn't called up to international duty.

I'm shocked you would step down so early and you didn't even get to go for the CONCACAF Champions League title... :(

But good luck with Dundee Utd, and we await your return to MLS! :D

Thanks!

Maybe I can return on another FM :D

Damn, you got it.

Good luck at Dundee roganp :thup:

Thanks HotChocolate!

Are your rivals Dundee in the SPL? If so, should make things interesting :D.

They've been stuck in the 2nd tier for the entire save :D I would like to come up against them at some point though.

Must say I didn't expect that move, good luck in Scotland :thup:

Cheers City. I like to keep things interesting and I know that this is a 3-5 year job.

Good luck with Dundee, especially if you get a chance to break the Old Firm dominance :thup:

Thanks AK. The aim is to break the Rangers and Celtic dominance, although Celtic are a lot more dominant of the two these days.

Good luck with Dundee! Should be a good season.

Thanks cerud :)

1556.png

Dundee United - 2018/19 Mid-Season Update

SPL - 3rd

DundeeUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

A fantastic start to the season as we sit just behind the Old Firm at the halfway stage. As a team collective we've been brilliant so far, but I have to point out Adam Rooney, Fidel and Olli Mikkola as the main reasons why we currently find ourselves in a title race. I'm not sure if this squad is capable of sustaining a title challenge, but European football at Tannadice next season is looking a real possibility. The key to our success so far has been our home form as we are currently unbeaten at Tannadice, making it a bit of a fortress for visiting sides and long may that continue.

Scottish League Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round

A comfortable victory against Brechin, before a shock defeat at home to Ross County. It was a bit disappointing to go out at this stage, but I can't complaint about having less fixtures.

1556.png

Dundee United - 2018/19 Season Review

SPL - 2nd

DundeeUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

Champions League football is coming to Tannadice! I never imagined at the start of the season that qualifying for the Champions League could be a possibility, but my squad proved they had the quality to do so. One of the main reasons for our success this season, I have to say, was our from against Celtic and Rangers as we lost just 3 of the 7 games we played against them in the league. Celtic were completley dominant in the second half of the season and it will take a lot of work to catch up with them, but I'm ready for the challenge.

Scottish League Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round

Scottish Cup - Winners!

My first piece of silverware as the Dundee United manager and it came at the expense of Celtic. We struggled away at Livingston in the 4th round, before destroying them in the replay. The next couple of ties against Motherwell and East Fife were tight, nervy affairs but a single goal in both games was enough and we soon began to realise that we have a real shot at winning the trophy. The semi-final at Hampden against Dunfermline, for the most part was an evenly matched game. Adam Rooney put us in front from the spot on 38 minutes, before on the stroke of half-time Dunfermline full-back Stoyan Mladenov was given a straight red card. This allowed us to completely control the game and Adam Rooney added a second mid-way through the second half to seal the victory and book our place in the final. In the final I decided to go with a different strategy than we what we had been used to this season, taking a more cautious approach to the game, sitting deep and hitting them on the break and it worked perfectly as we provided a constant threat going forward, whilst being able to successfully deal with their attack.

Final Overview - Video Highlights

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Should be given a massive boost with European Football coming to Tannadice.

Key Players

Olli Mikkola - Was having a fantastic season before suffering a torn calf muscle in late Ferbruary which ended his season prematurely. Despite missing most of the second half of the season, he was named Scottish footballer of the year.

Adam Rooney - A fantastic return to the SPL for Rooney as finished up as the clubs top goalscorer.

Sano Fernandes - A very solid loan spell for the young defender. Another player who's season was ended early due to injury, although his injury was not as serious as Mikkola's.

Mohammed Cherkaoui - Made massive improvements throughout the season and is proving to be a bargain at £130K.

Nigel Hasselbank - Naturally a striker, but he spent most of the season out on the right wing. He's brace in the cup final should mean that he stays in the memory's of Dundee United fans for a long time.

Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners!
2015/2016 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/2017 Ipswich Town England npower League One 1st Promoted as League Champions
2017 New York RB USA MLS 1st Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
2018/2019 Dundee United Scotland SPL 2nd Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL[/Code]

[b][i]Next Season[/i][/b]

After a great season I now get to look forward to the Champions League. Hopefully we get a favourable draw in the best placed playoff, but whatever happens we will be playing some form of European football next season.

I've been heavily linked very several big clubs in North and South America such as Boca Juniors and America(MEX), but I do not plan on leaving Dundee United until my aim of winning the SPL with a side other than Rangers/Celtic is completed.

What a great first season, certainly looks a good decision to move to Scotland now!
Pretty good first season.

Thanks guys :D

Excellent first season. Any chance of signing Mikkola on a permanent deal?

I'm not too sure at the moment. There is a future fee on the loan of £5M as he would only join if there was one included however, I won't be paying that much for him. I'll see if he's available when he goes back to West Brom, but I'm sure he will at least be allowed to go out on loan again.

1556.png

Dundee United - 2019/20 Season Preview

Board Expectations

SPL - Qualify for the Champions League Media Prediction - 3rd

UEFA Europa League - Reach the group stage

Scottish League Cup - Reach the Semi-Finals

Scottish Cup - Reach the Semi-Finals

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £1.68M

Wage Budget - £57,428 p/w

Current Wage Bill - £52,428

Transfers

Key additions below :

Gregory Waasdorp - Spent a large chunk of my transfer budget on this lad, but he looks excellent.

Dann Cooper Suka Suka - Fantastic name :D I will be addressing him simply as 'Dan'.

Martin Bjørnbak - Looks a beast of a centre back. Adds some much needed experience to the back.

Joseph Albertini - A gift from from our parent club, Chelsea. Will be competing with Hasselbank for a start on the right wing.

Europa League 4th Qualifying round

DundeeUtdvHSVInformation_Overview.png

HSVvDundeeUtdInformation_Overview.png

Through...just about! Our group is : Athletic Bilbao, Dinamo and Reading(in the Championship). Not the worst group we could have been drawn into. The aim will be to try and finish 2nd.

Very good first season in Dumpdee.

It's a beautiful place :D

Great result against HSV. The group looks manageable too. Waasdorp looks a decent striker, should get a few in the SPL. As for Suka Suka that is a fantastic name. I have an image of you looking like
shouting after him as he runs down the flank. :D

:lol:

Finishing ahead of Rangers in your first season, that's a great start! And a cup win too :thup:

I wouldn't be too disheartened about your European performances; Scottish clubs have been terrible in Europe for years now :D

True. Celtic's 5-0 defeat to Artmedia Bratislava comes to mind when you mention Scottish clubs in Europe :lol:

Congratulations on qualification for group stage :D

Cheers iHeadHunta.

Fantastic result over HSV! Looks a decent group aswell, good luck :thup:

Cheers City :). I agree, it's a pretty good group when you consider we could have drawn against the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Napoli and Dortmund.

1556.png

Dundee United - 2019/2020 Mid-Season Update

- Before I start this, you may notice some slight changes in my save. I've decided to revert back to the dark skin that I've used on previous fm's and I've also removed kits(I figured I don't really need them as I now watch all matches in 3D). Hope this doesn't confuse people :)

SPL - 6th

DundeeUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

An incredibly frustrating start to the season. After annihilating Falkirk on the opening day, we completely fell to pieces and after the home defeat to bottom of the table Hamilton I seriously considered handing in my resignation as at that time my relationship with the board was not at a strong point(probably didn't help that I was showing my interest in other jobs :p). However, I decided to stay mainly as I wanted to see how far I could get the club in the Europa League. Results in the league began to gradually improve, but we really turn't a corner with the 1-4 demolition of run away league leaders Hibs. As you can see, from there we proceeded to go on a run of 5 straight wins which included homes wins against Celtic and 2nd in the table St.Johnstone. Hopefully our latest defeat to Rangers doesn't threaten to derail our season once again and we finish in the top 5 which would ensure European qualification.

UEFA Champions League - Knocked out in the Best Placed Qualifying Round 3

Dynamo Kiev proved far too strong far us, but we were extremely wasteful in both legs. Anyway, I wouldn't have fancied our chances against Fiorentina if he did get through to the Best Placed Playoff.

UEFA Europa League - Through to the 1st Knockout Round!

After our exit from the Champions League we had to play one qualifying round in the Europa League against HSV which scrapped through on away goals. The group we were place into was incredibly tight. Athletic were always going to top the group, which left us, Dinamo and Reading to fight it for 2nd and a place in the knockout rounds. Going into the final match day we found ourselves bottom of the group, 3 points behind 2nd place Dinamo and 2 behind Reading. We beat Dinamo 3-0 at home and Reading were held to a 2-2 draw at the San Mames which meant we finished runners-up of the group on goal difference.

Scottish League Cup - Through the the Semi-Finals

We've come through some tight games so far against 2nd tier side Raith and Hibs. I'm confident of beating Dunfermline in the semi's and progressing to the final.

This just popped into my inbox :

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-2-5.png

I'm seriously considering accepting this offer. Things are not going great with Dundee United at the moment and the only reason I can think of for staying is that we've got the Europa League game against Madrid coming up soon(although, I know we are very likely to get hammered).

I've managed in Brazil before so I can handle the extremely long seasons, and I would be joining right at the beginning of the season which I always think is important. The transfer budget is also 6x what I currently have at Dundee United which is very tempting.

What do you guys think?

Archived