[FM12]“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

roganp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice work getting the Russia position. Works well with you already managing a Russian club.

Have to re-iterate what dkpark said :thup:. Always good to manage the national side of which ever country your club side plays in.

You're getting as bad as AK22 signing Egyptians...next thing, you'll be trying to cap one for Russia! ;):D

Have to re-iterate what dkpark said :thup:. Always good to manage the national side of which ever country your club side plays in.

You're getting as bad as AK22 signing Egyptians...next thing, you'll be trying to cap one for Russia! ;):D

I know! I've got another one coming on a free in December and I'm still trying to sign the one I said I've got my eye on ;)

Quality wins over Spain and Argentina, even if they are friendlies they are much more meaningful in international management!

We couldn't quite hold on for the win against Spain ;). It would have been a fantastic first game in charge if had, but a draw was probably a fair result in the end.

1529.png

Spartak Moscow - 2021/2022 Mid-Season Update

Prem'er Liga - 1st

SpartakMoscowFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

So far, so good as we sit at top of the table 3 points of cash rich Anji - a side that I did say I felt were not capable of challenging for the title however, they have proven to be more capable of doing so than Zenit who have faded away after being neck and neck with us at the top for quite a while. With just 11 games left, the destiny of the title is in our hands and as we've already played all the big sides away from home, I'm pretty confident that we can go on to win the clubs first league title since 2001.

UEFA Europa League - Through to the 1st Knockout Round

The Europa League has been pretty straight forward for us so far. We came through the two qualifying rounds without any difficulties before topping our group with ease . The only disappointment was the shock defeat against the unknown quantity of the group, Olimpic Donestk who managed to pick up their only points during the group stage against us.

We have been drawn against Basel in the 1st Knockout Round.

Thanks for all your comments :thup:

As the winter break in Russia has now started, I thought I would briefly talk about some of the players we've agreed to sign.

Ibrahim Ateya(DM/CM/LM) - Another Egyptian ;). Brought in on a free transfer and he's someone who I feel could develop into a decent first team player.

Maxim Laptev(DM) - Brought in for a compensation fee of £6K after I spotted him in the Russia U19's. He has a CA of 1.5* and a PA of of 4.5*.

Bilal Bafa(AMC) - This signing is a lot riskier than the previous two as I've had to splash out £7M to bring him to Moscow. I probably over paid considering his value, however they wouldn't accept a penny less and with a PA of 4.5* he could go on to be a top player.

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-4-5.png

Got a tough decision on my hands here. On the one hand I'm just starting to get into my role as the Russia coach and there a number of benefits to managing Russia while I'm at Spartak. However, the chance to manage your home nation doesn't come along often. What do you guys think?

I've also finished the season with Spartak so I'll try and get a review up some time tonight.

It's a tough call. Managing the nation where your domestic club plays has definite benefits. However, managing your home nation seems to be a matter of duty. I'd go for the home nation.

1529.png

Spartak Moscow - 2021/2022 Season Review

Prem'er Liga - 1st

SpartakMoscowFixtures_Fixtures-2-3.png

A fantastic season. When I arrived at the club about a year and a half ago, I didn't think it would be possible to turn around the teams fortunes so quickly. With Zenit's spending power and CSKA's know-how when it comes to winning titles, I honestly thought that it would take 2-3 seasons to win the league so I'm thrilled to have done in my first full season. In the second half of the season we were formidable, drawing just the 2 games and winning the rest. At the half-way stage it looked as if Anji were to be our main challengers for title however, they quickly faded from the picture and holders Zenit stepped up to try and re-claim their crown but we proved to be far too strong for them. An 88th minute winner in the game against Zenit effectively sealed the title , but we were officially crowned champions after the 3-0 win away to Volga NN. This is the clubs first championship win since 2001. Incredible.

UEFA Europa League - Eliminated in the 1st Knockout Round

When we drew Basel in the 1st Knockout Round I was pretty confident of progressing without any real difficulties. However, just as they did in real life, Basel proved that they are a side not to be underestimated. Despite a poor performance in 1st leg, we managed to come away with a 1-1 draw and that all important away goal. The 2nd leg got off to a disaster as Basel took the lead early on, but we showed great team spirit and managed to net twice to take the lead on the night and on aggregate. Following our second goal, we became extremely complacent which lead to us conceding a second late in the game and crashing out on away goals.

Rambler Kubok Rossii

This years Russian cup has only just begun(for some reason there was not one last season). We haven't been drawn into the 5th round. I assume the bigger sides will be drawn into the 6th round.

Squad 1 Squad 2

Transfers

Finances

With the payout for winning the league being a measly £475K, Champions League football is badly needed to bring in some cash.

Key Players

Sergey Kokoev(ML/AML) - He could have been phased by being thrust into the first team of one of the country's biggest clubs at such a young age, but he was excellent. He has a fantastic final ball to match his blistering pace.

Sergey Gordeev(CB) - It's great to see a youth product performing so consistently well for the club. As I expected, bigger clubs around Europe are starting to show interest in him but I have no plans to let him go.

Juan Carlos Castillo(CB) - One of my first signings when I joined in January last year, but he couldn't play for us in a competitive until this season due to already appearing for 2 clubs. It was a small gamble however, he's proven to be an excellent signing. An absolute rock at the back.

Oleg Kuslin(DL) - Signed for £5.75M at the start at the season and has proven to be a bargain. A fantastic defender and he's pretty solid going forward.

Takayuki Miyazuki(ST) - I really feel for Miyazuki this season as he's had nothing but bad luck with injuries. He missed the first 2 months of the season due to Strained Knee Ligaments. He came back from that and then gashed his leg shortly after which put him out of action for 9 days. Once returning he struggled for form and fitness, but exploded into life after the winter break scoring around 7 goals in 4 games until he fractured his ribs and only came back with 2 games left in the season. When he was avaliable, he proved he's a top quality striker so hopefully next season he has more luck on the injuries front.

Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners!
2015/2016 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/2017 Ipswich Town England npower League One 1st Promoted as League Champions
2017 New York RB USA MLS 1st Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
2018/2019 Dundee United Scotland SPL 2nd Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
2019/2020 Dundee United Scotland SPL N/A Left 3.1.2020 to join Sao Paulo
2020 Sao Paulo Brazil Brasileirao 1st League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions
2020/2021 Spartak Moscow Russia Prem'er Liga 6th Joined 3.1.2021
2021/2022 Spartak Moscow Russia Prem'er Liga 1st League champions[/Code]

RE the England job : Thanks for all your input. In the the end I decided to [b]reject[/b] the offer from the FA. I feel there's a lot more to build with Russia and there's the also the added pressure of being the England boss(Henning Berg was sacked after losing in the World Cup final) something I don't really need at this stage of my career. If a manager is sacked for losing in the World Cup final, I'm fairly certain the job will become available again at some point in the future.

Great league win but poor defeat to Basel.

Nice to see you stay with Russia :thup:

It was, but I said at the end of last season that I would be satisfied if we reached the knockout rounds as my aim was to qualify for the Champions League, so I wasn't too disappointed when we were knocked out.

Been reading this today, a fine career you got going here. Sure do move around a lot though :D

Sounds incredible England sacked their manager after taking them into the World Cup final. But it means the job will come up again fairly soon. I'm sure you'll get another chance in 2 or four years, at which point you may well have left Russia anyway so it could be good timing. I would have stayed too for what it's worth.

Fantastic first season! Winning the Russian Premier Division with class - bring on the Champions League!
Very easy league win, well done! :)

Will be interesting to see how you get on in the Champions League next season.

Great season to lift the title. Hope you can keep Mitazaki fit. Be good to see what he can do in a full season.
Congrats on the title win :D
Well done on the title.
Nicely done on the title win!

Champion's League next year! Hoo-rah!

Good luck in the champo league!

Thanks for your comments!

Archived