[FM12]“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

roganp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Our first competitive game of the season is 18 days away, so this will act as a season preview aswell.

337.png

morumbi_night.jpg

Morumbi

73,500 all-seater capacity

Brief information about the club

It is one of the most successful club in Brazilian football in terms of overall titles, having won a 21 state titles, six Brasileirão titles, a record 3 Copa Libertadores titles, 1 Supercopa Sudamericana, 1 Copa CONMEBOL, 2 Recopa Sudamericanas, 2 Intercontinental Cups and 1 FIFA Club World Cup. São Paulo was a founding member of the of the Clube dos 13 (English: 13's Club) group of Brazil's leading football clubs. Founded in 1930, São Paulo established itself as a major force in both Brazilian and South American football during the 1990s. In the 1990s, the club had one of the best ever teams in Brazil and South America under the coaching of Telê Santana, winning three state titles, one national championship, two Copa Libertadores, two Recopa Sudamericanas, two Intercontinental Cups, one Supercopa Sudamericana, one Copa CONMEBOL, one Copa Masters CONMEBOL. Taken from wikipedia

Competitions History

Previous League Finishes(in save)

Information General

Club Facilities

Squad 1 Squad 2

Key Players

Lucas - Has scored a staggering 231 goals in 383 apperances. He has definitely fulfilled his potential and has become a club legend. I'm surprised that he hasn't been snapped up by one of the worlds elite clubs.

Cicero - Already featuring in the Brazil national team at the age of 20. Will play crucial role in the midfield for many years to come.

Xaropinho - Our best full-back and a player who has a very bright future ahead of him.

Board Expectations

Brasileirao Petrobras - Qualify for Copa Libertadores through league finish Media Prediction - 4th

Campeonato Paulista(State Championship) - Reach the final

Copa Sudamericana - Won't be judged on the teams performance in this competition

Game__journeyman_CustomiseGame_Add_RemoveLeagues-3.png

Forgot to mention this earlier. As you can see I've made changes to my league set-up with Russia, Sweden and Switzerland coming in and the USA going out as I don't plan to return there on this FM.

This is how my league set-up will look when those three nations are added :

Country - Lowest tier loaded

Asia

Australia - A-League

South Korea - National League

Europe

Denmark - 1.division

England - Blue Square Bet Premier

France - Ligue 2

Germany - 3.Liga

Greece - Football League(2nd tier)

Italy - Serie B

Netherlands - Jupiler League

Portugal - Liga Orangina

Romania - Liga II

Russia - Pervyj Division

Scotland - First Division

Spain - Liga Adelante

Sweden - Superettan

Switzerland - Challenge League

Turkey - 1.Lig

Ukraine - Persha Liha

North America

Mexico - Liga de Ascenso

South America

Brazil - Serie B

Argentina - Nacional B

Another very interesting move in your career :thup:

Thanks!

As the seasons are so long in Brazil I will do one more update a season than usual.

Updates

- Season Preview

- After State championship

- Half way through the regular league

- Season Review

Brilliant move. Looks a decent squad and there is usually loads of decent youngsters coming through at the big Brazilian clubs too. Suprised Lucas isn't playing in Europe though. Used to be a case of all the talented players moved very early in their careers. Might be a sign you wont have to keep selling your star players

Definitely the right choice to move :thup:. It looks like you have a chance to really make a name for yourself at Sao Paolo with the squad. Lucas sounds like he's a beast!
Looks like you've inherited a decent squad already. You'll need it as, if you're successful, you'll be playing upwards of 80 games a season. Brazil is fun, but can feel like a battle of attrition at times too.
Brilliant move. Looks a decent squad and there is usually loads of decent youngsters coming through at the big Brazilian clubs too. Suprised Lucas isn't playing in Europe though. Used to be a case of all the talented players moved very early in their careers. Might be a sign you wont have to keep selling your star players

The squad is not bad, but I still feel that we lack quality in a few areas which is slightly worrying as our first competitive game is now just 12 days away. Better get the scouts to work!

ShyBaldBuddist - Regarding Lucas, I was very surprised to find him still at the club. I remember reading a thread not long ago in GD that said when you have the Brazilian league loaded the young stars tend to spend their whole career at their current club(can't remember why. Think it was something to do with reputation). Neymar and Ganso are still with Santos and Leandro Damiao is still at Internacional which seems slightly unrealistic.

337.png

Sao Paulo - May 2020 Update

Campeonato Paulista - Winners

SoPauloFCFixtures_Fixtures.png

- I cut out our first game so I could fit the final 2nd leg result in. We beat Inter de Limeira 3-0 at home.

A fantastic start to life in Brazil as I've picked up my first piece of silverware after just 5 months in charge. For those who are not familiar with how the season is set out in Brazil, all states have a league competition before the start of the regular season and the Campeonato Paulista is a league contested by the teams residing in the state of Sao Paulo. Over the 19 games we were formidable, only dropping points against 3 sides from the top tier - Santos, Palmeiras and Corinthians.

After comfortably qualifying for the knockout stage of the competition, we easily dispatched of Ponte Preta and Guarani in the Quarters and Semis respectively. The final was a Norte-Sul Pualistano derby against Portuguesa and after a cagey 1st leg which ended in a goalless draw, we narrowly won the 2nd to lift the trophy.

Copa Libertadores - Through to the Quarter Finals

When I joined the club I actually wasn't aware that the side had qualified for this years Copa Libertadores, but it was a nice surprise. We came through the prelim round pretty comfortably before topping the group with ease. Venezuelan side Caracas gave us our toughest games in the competition so far in the 2nd round, but we proved too strong for them and we will now face Atletico Paranaense in the Quarters.

Transfers

- All these transfers were made before the start of the season, but as I didn't do a proper season preview I've put them in this update.

Martin Basualdo - Signed for £6.75M from Velez. We managed to beat off competition from Lyon and Valencia for his signature. So far he's proven to an excellent investment.

Souza - Signed for £5.5M from Atletico Mineiro.

Tete - Bought from Coritiba for £800K. Has been fantastic so far this season.

Helio - Came in for £2.3M from Guaraini.

Gomes - Bought from Cruzeiro for £900K

Edcarlos - Signed for £65K from AS. Has 3.5* PA.

Total In - £17M

Total Out - £2M

Next up

There's no time for a break as our Brasileiro campaign(regular league) kicks off in just 3 days time. We also have the Quarter Final tie in the Copa Libertadores coming up in a weeks time. Next update will be halfway through the league games.

Well done on getting the Sao Paulo job!

Some cracking signings there :thup:

Thanks, I was particularly pleased about the signing of Basualdo as he turn't down interest from Europe to join us, but so far Tete is proving to be the best signing.

One hell of a good start there - KUTGW

Cheers mate :)

337.png

Sao Paulo - August 2020 Update

Brasileirao - 1st

SoPauloFCFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

It's been easier than I thought it would be as we currently hold a 5 point lead at the top of the table and look on course to win the clubs 10th Brazilian league title. The side have performed admirably so far with the 3-0 defeat to Vasco being the only blip. We've got a few tricky games coming up in the second half of the season such as away trips Botafogo, Corinthians and Gremio, but with the form that we are in, I see no reason why we can't go to all three grounds and win.

Copa Libertadores - Winners!

After defeating Caracas in the 2nd round we came up against division rivals Atletico Paranaese in the Quarters. We looked nervy in the 1st leg away from home and went behind in the 57th minute, but we bounced back with Tete equalising in the 73rd to secure the away goal and we took a solid 1-1 draw back to our place where won 3-1. The semi-final was another all Brazilian tie as we came up against league struggles Cruziero. A 2-0 victory away from home in the 1st leg put us firmly in control of the tie and we booked our place in the final with a 2-1 win in the return leg.

The final was against Argentinian side Newell's Old Boys. They comfortably knocked out Santos in the semi's and I was obviously expecting a tough game, but we were magnificent away from home in the 1st leg as we raced into a 3 goal lead before 2 goals in the last 10 minutes gave them some hope of turning the tie around. With the home crowd in full voice during 2nd leg and the team full of confidence, there was no way that we was going to be beaten and we weren't as we won 5-1 on the night, 8-3 on aggregate to become Copa Libertadores champions!!!

Transfers

Prince Kutsu - Signed for £575K from Vitoria.

Roberto Daniel Barreto - Signed for £800K from Deportes Concepcion.

Pablo Vallejo - Joined on a free transfer.

Just that one red dot against Vasco to ruin an almost perfect unbeaten season. Looks like you've settled in well :thup:. How are you finding the long seasons? I'm surprised Basualdo turned down a move to Europe...obviously your manager rep that persuaded him to come ;):D.

Thanks for the comments!

Just that one red dot against Vasco to ruin an almost perfect unbeaten season. Looks like you've settled in well :thup:. How are you finding the long seasons? I'm surprised Basualdo turned down a move to Europe...obviously your manager rep that persuaded him to come ;):D.

That and the big bonuses I was offering :D

The long seasons are not too bad at the moment. I was finding it abit boring during the state championship when we were beating most teams by 3 or 4 + goals, but the Copa Libertadores was running during that period, so I had that to keep me focused. Thankfully, the large amount of games haven't taken it's toll on the squad just yet. Alot of players seem to get jaded after playing 2 or 3 games on the trot, but we have a pretty large squad so I'm able to rotate when needed.

Flying high in Brazil.

Brilliant job in a near perfect season :D

Thanks for the comments fellas :D

We lost our 2nd game of the season against Portuguesa in the last match that I played, but we are still very much on course to win the title.

Thanks for the comments :)

Haven't had a chance to play to play FM today, so we're in the same position as when I turn't off last night which is top of the table, 6 points clear of Vasco with 17 games left to play.

337.png

Sao Paulo - 2020 Season Review

Brasileirao - 1st

SoPauloFCFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

As everyone probably anticipated, we went on to win the league, although we ended up stumbling over the finish line rather than race past it. After a solid run of 6 wins in 7 games from early September till early October, we hit a real sticky patch only managing to win 2 out of our last 8 games which I can only put down to fatigue, due to the insane amount of games we had to play throughout the season. Still, during the rough patch where the goals seemed to dry up, we were still putting points on the board by drawing a number of games, whereas our competitors were losing matches and we were confirmed as league champions after the 3-0 win away to already relegated Sao Caetano. All in all it was fantastic season in which we only lost 3 games, one of which was the shock home defeat to bottom half side Goias.

Campeonato Paulista - Winners

See this post for a round-up.

Copa Libertadores - Winners

See this post and this post for a round-up.

Recopa Sudamericana - Lost against Boca

This was a two legged game between the 2019 Copa Sudamericana winners(us) and 2019 Copa Libertadores champions(Boca). We were firmly in control of the tie after a 3-1 victory at home in the first leg, but unfortunately we completely fell to pieces in the return match, losing 3-0 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

Copa Sudamericana - Winners

I'll be honest and say I wasn't too pleased when I found out we were in this competition. After winning the Copa Libertadores, the continents biggest club competition - I didn't see the point of also being entered into the continents 2nd biggest club competition. My thoughts were that it was only going to add more games onto our already packed schedule - something I obviously did not want.

However, this competition was a lot shorter than the Copa Libertadores as there is no group stage - and we also entered it after a few rounds. In the 1st round we easily dispatched of Colombian side Once Caldas winning, 5-0 on aggregate. The Quarter finals against Chillies Colo Colo was a much tougher tie and we showed great team spirit, overturning a 3 goal deficit from the first leg to win the game 5-3 on aggregate. We also had to come from behind against Flamengo in the Semis, although they only lead by the one goal after the 1st leg. The final against Gremio was a lot more straight forward as dominated the 1st leg, winning 4-0 and then drawing 2-2 at their place to seal the trophy with a fantastic 6-2 aggregate win.

FIFA Club World Cup - Winners

Shortly after the climax of the Brasileirao we travelled to Japan to compete in the Club World Cup due to our Copa Libertadores triumph. We went straight into the Semis were we came up against Saudi Arabia's Al-Hilal who proved to be no match for us as we smashed them 5-0, with 4 of the goals being scored by our main striker, Adolfo. I went into the final against Man City with a defensive strategy and we started pretty well, creating a few chances in the opening minutes, one of which was a glorious chance as Lucas burst through on goal 2 minutes in, only to fire his shot straight at Joe Hart.

After a good opening 10-15 minutes we began to fade away, City began to control possession and it was only going to be a matter of time before they took the lead - and they did on 37 minutes. I made the change shortly after to a more attacking strategy and we started to gain more control of the game, our passing game was more fluid and we could sense that there was a weakness in their defence and we exploited that weakness just after the hour as star striker Adolfo majestically skipped past both City central defenders and fired past Joe Hart to put us on level terms with plenty of normal time left.

We dominated the rest of the game, but it seemed as though the game was heading for penalties, until, in the 89th minute of the game, Lucas pinged a ball from just inside our half out to the right wing which Adolfo, who had drifted from his normal central role, latched onto. He drove past the City left back and put a magnificent cross into the six yard box where right winger Tete was patiently waiting, sandwiched between two defenders to calmly slot home the winning goal and he did. I won't lie, there was some pumping of the fists at full-time and the victory was made even sweeter by the fact that I am a Manchester United fan.

Match Overview

Squad 1 Squad 2

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Adolfo - A fantastic season for the young striker. He played a pivotal role in our record breaking season as finished up the league's top goalscorer.

Tete - An incredible season and to think that he was my 2nd choice right wing target when I was searching for one at the start of the season. At the end of the season he was named Player of the Year.

Helio - Solid at the back and chipped in with a number of crucial goals.

Lucas - He wasn't as great as I thought he was going to be, but the legendary attacking midfielder still played a key role in a our success.

Xarophino - A great season for the young full-back. I'm sure he will play in Europe in the future.

Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners!
2015/2016 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/2017 Ipswich Town England npower League One 1st Promoted as League Champions
2017 New York RB USA MLS 1st Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
2018/2019 Dundee United Scotland SPL 2nd Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
2019/2020 Dundee United Scotland SPL N/A Left 3.1.2020 to join Sao Paulo
2020 Sao Paulo Brazil Brasileirao 1st League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions[/Code]

[b][i]Next Season[/i][/b]

I feel that a season in which we won the domestic title, the state championship, 2 continental titles and the Club World Cup would be extremely hard to top, which is why I have decided to [b]resign[/b] from my post as Sao Paulo manager. I could stay to try and win the Copa do Brazil(Brazilian cup) and have another crack at the Recopa Sudamericana, but I don't really want to go through another insanely long season just to try and win 2 trophies, which in all honesty, are only minor trophies to me.

I'm not surprised you resigned. You'd won basically everything and then after that there is nowhere else to go. Top job in Brazil though!!

Where you looking at going next? :thup:

I will probably be heading back to Europe. There's a few teams I would be interested in managing who's manager status is listed as insecure so I will just have to wait and see what happens with that.

1529.png

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-5-2.png

luzhniki-stadium-1.jpg

Stadium - Luzhniki

Capacity - 89,318 All Seater

I join with the club currently struggling domestically(see league table here), although qualification for the Champions League could still be a possibly as we are only 10 points Lokomotiv Moskow, but I think a more realistic goal for the this season would be to try and qualify for the Europa League - a competition that we are currently in. Infact my first game in charge is in just over a months time against Bordeaux in 1st Knockout round of the Europa League.

This was probably the perfect time for me to come in as the Russian league is now on a break until early March which will give me a chance to have a good look at the squad and see what areas need strengthening and what players will need to be moved on in the upcoming transfer window. My first task will be to reduce the wage bill, but that shouldn't be an issue as I've identified a number of high earners who can be sold.

Key Players

Sergey Gordeev - Came through the clubs youth system and is already the clubs best defender at the age of 20. He will probably go on to be one of the best defenders in the world.

Jose Antonio Hernandez - In his first year at the club having signed from Chivas for £7.25M. Currently the clubs best striker, but I will be on the look out for a new number centre forward in the transfer window.

Andrey Kustov - Another player who's come through the youth system and has gone on to be a first team regular.

Sergey Parshivlyuk - Vastly experienced full back who has spent his whole career at the club and will probably retire here.

The Youth

Maxim Bychkov - 1* CA, 5* PA. Looks a fantastic prospect.

Yury Nizovtsev - 1* CA, 4.5* PA.

Evgeny Kalashnikov - 1.5* CA, 4* PA.

Gennady Sergeev - 2* CA, 4* PA

Igor Savichev - 2* CA, 3.5* PA

This is a club with a great set-up and hopefully I will eventually be able to deliver their first league title since 2001.

Archived