refund?

Hi there, I recently sendt an email to steam. Asksing to get a refund on FM2012, but they said i had to ask with you? Who is responsible for the purchase? I bought the game through steam so now I cant get a refund is this the case? I still have the activation code I got from when I bought it, so how do I do this?

The reason I want a refund is that I get error messasges all the time when I try to run it through steam. I dont wanna " verify cache files " every time I want to play the game.

And yes, I have read every guide there for this to change, but no luck. Fed up and want my money back.

Regards

AFAIK Steam aren't keen on giving refunds. They see themselves as providing a service rather than products as per:

Refund Policy

{edit} I'd like to point out, in the interests of fairness etc, that they have made exceptions in the past for some games. I believe GTA4 (?) is one such due to the level of bugs encountered by a large number of people.

Yep, Steam doesn't generally approve refunds, but they do accept refunds if games have too many game breaking bugs and so on. FM is far from that, so I doubt they'd give you refund.

I am not sure why some are having a problem with launching the game tho. I've never had a problem with it.

• Administrators

Try deleting your settings - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

Then verify the cache again - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Follow the instructions exactly as written, when complete run the game and let us know how you get on, thanks.

so if someone brought from a shop they should go to bank they are with for a refund if they paid by cash ?

No. Credit cards (and SOME) debit cards offer a level of protection against goods not being recieved/not as described/not fit for purpose.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 makes both the retailer and the card issuer (where a card was used to make the purchase) both jointly liable for faulty (etc) goods. Therefore it may be worth pursuing a claim with your card company if you paid on card - and I assume a steam purchase, being internet based - requires a credit card.

If you paid cash then your only recourse is through the retailer or manufacturer.

Edit: In this case I can't imagine it'd be successful as it appears that the game works fine and the problem appears to be with the purchasers computer. Although it may be worth it anyway as some card companies don't investigate for low value transactions, they simple refund the money and write it off.

If you bought it on a credit card or Visa debit card it should be quite easy to get a refund, just contact your card issuer.
That will most likely result in an instant ban once the card issuer logs the matter with Valve & I doubt that the card issuer will reverse the transaction after investigating what is a legitimate payment.

Good luck to the OP, hopefully they either get the game working or somehow convinces the retailer to provide a refund

so if someone brought from a shop they should go to bank they are with for a refund if they paid by cash ?

Nonesense - Thats for faulty goods. Its not the case in this instance as we all have the same product

That will most likely result in an instant ban once the card issuer logs the matter with Valve & I doubt that the card issuer will reverse the transaction after investigating what is a legitimate payment.

Good luck to the OP, hopefully they either get the game working or somehow convinces the retailer to provide a refund

This is nothing about whether the payment was legitimate or not, we're not talking about fraud, just failure to provide goods/services, if the game doesn't work despite your computer meeting the minimum requirements and the retailer refuses to refund then you are quite within your rights to seek a refund from the card issuer.

Nonesense - Thats for faulty goods. Its not the case in this instance as we all have the same product
The product may not be faulty on some setups, but it is on others which meet the minimum requirements, so the OP should be entitled to a refund if the game doesn't work as specified despite meeting the minimum system requirements.

odds are steam is not working because of something wrong with your PC. try this

Download the following software:

CCleaner

Malware bytes anti malware

avast anti virus

Do the following:

1 uninstall any anti virus you have on your system. install avast, ccleaner and malware bytes

2 Run a full system scan with avast and remove any threats found. when it promots you to do a boot scan (a full system scan done after you restart) allow it to. restart computer and let the boot scan run fully also deleting any threats found

3 Do a full system scan with malware bytes and delete anything it finds.

4 Run a full system scan with ccleaner deleting anything is bring up. in ccleaner go to the registry cleaner option and scan/ fix all issues. re run the registry scan and fix all issues untill the scan brings back no results.

5 defrag your hard drive

if that fails try this AFTER

uninstall FM, uninstall steam. go to c:/program files/si games and delete the whole si games folder. go to c:/program files/steam and delete that file go to my documents and delete you si games folder in there as well. run ccleaner on a normal scan removing any data it finds. run ccleaners registry scan fixing all issues and keep re scanning till it come sup with no errors.

restart computer

download steam

download fm

play

if that fails, download HDtune pro and scan your hard drive for errors

Archived