Here we go...

City2000

With thanks to Pangaea for letting me copy his format

International Roll of Honour

[b]World Cup  European Champs  Copa America  Cup of Nations   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2012              Portugal                       Senegal
2013                                             Ivory coast
2014   Holland
2015                               Argentina     Ivory coast
2016              France
2017                                             South Africa
2018   France
2019                               Argentina     Burkino Faso
2020              Holland
2021                                             DR Congo
2022   Mexico

European Roll of Honour

[b]Champions League   Europa League   
-----------------------------------------------------[/b]
2011/12   Real Madrid        Spurs
2012/13   Man Utd            Chelsea
2013/14   Spurs              Man City
2014/15   Barcelona          PSG
2015/16   Bayern             Spurs
2016/17   Marseille          CSKA Moscow
2017/18   Marseille          CSKA Moscow
2018/19   Chelsea            Valencia
2019/20   Barcelona          Leverkusen
2020/21   Leverkusen         Sampdoria
2021/22   Sevilla            [color=RED]Torino[/color]

Domestic Roll of Honour

[b]England   Spain        Italy      Germany     France     Holland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2011/12   Man Utd   Barcelona    AC Milan   Werder      Lyon       PSV
2012/13   Spurs     Barcelona    AC Milan   Schalke     Lyon       Vitesse
2013/14   Man City  Barcelona    Napoli     Leverkusen  Lyon       PSV
2014/15   Man Utd   Real Madrid  Juventus   Bayern      Lyon       Vitesse
2015/16   Chelsea   Barcelona    Juventus   Bayern      Lyon       PSV
2016/17   Arsenal   Real Madrid  Juventus   Bayern      PSG        [color=RED]FC Twente[/color]
2017/18   Man Utd   Real Madrid  Sampdoria  Wolfsburg   Marseille  [color=RED]FC Twente[/color]
2018/19   Man City  Barcelona    Juventus   Bayern      Marseille  [color=RED]FC Twente[/color]
2019/20   Spurs     Real Madrid  Juventus   Leverkusen  Marseille  [color=RED]FC Twente[/color]
2020/21   Man Utd   Barcelona    Sampdoria  Wolfsburg   Marseille  [color=RED]FC Twente[/color]
2021/22   Man Utd   Barcelona    Roma       Wolfsburg   Lyon       FC Twente

Red indicates team managed by me

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mexico!!!!!!
Qatar would never get any easier chance and they got 0 points. :D
Good to see England win Germany on pens :D
Weakest WC group ever!

Quite enjoyed seeing Mexico beat England, I'm hoping that England keep failing so that in a few years time I can come in like a knight in shining armour, win the World Cup and then ride off into the sunset :D

No breaks for Dortmund on this save either I see.

Haven't had much success thats for sure, they normally finish 3rd-5th although they did finish runners up last year. Also made the CL final only to lose on penalties to Marseille in 2017.

Reckon they could do with your magic touch!

Brazil crashing out of the World Cup without losing a match. That's harsh. Unless the Brazilian FA have been made slightly less mental in FM12, I fully expect their manager was canned after the 2nd group game. Correct?

With thanks to Pangaea for letting me copy his format

International Roll of Honour

[b]World Cup  European Champs  Copa America  Cup of Nations   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2012              Portugal                       Senegal
2013                                             Ivory coast
2014   Holland
2015                               Argentina     Ivory coast
2016              France
2017                                             South Africa
2018   France
2019                               Argentina     Burkino Faso
2020              Holland
2021                                             DR Congo
2022   Mexico

European Roll of Honour

[b]Champions League   Europa League   
-----------------------------------------------------[/b]
2011/12   Real Madrid        Spurs
2012/13   Man Utd            Chelsea
2013/14   Spurs              Man City
2014/15   Barcelona          PSG
2015/16   Bayern             Spurs
2016/17   Marseille          CSKA Moscow
2017/18   Marseille          CSKA Moscow
2018/19   Chelsea            Valencia
2019/20   Barcelona          Leverkusen
2020/21   Leverkusen         Sampdoria
2021/22   Sevilla            [b]Torino[/b]

Domestic Roll of Honour

[b]England   Spain        Italy      Germany     France
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2011/12   Man Utd   Barcelona    AC Milan   Werder      Lyon
2012/13   Spurs     Barcelona    AC Milan   Schalke     Lyon
2013/14   Man City  Barcelona    Napoli     Leverkusen  Lyon
2014/15   Man Utd   Real Madrid  Juventus   Bayern      Lyon
2015/16   Chelsea   Barcelona    Juventus   Bayern      Lyon
2016/17   Arsenal   Real Madrid  Juventus   Bayern      PSG
2017/18   Man Utd   Real Madrid  Sampdoria  Wolfsburg   Marseille
2018/19   Man City  Barcelona    Juventus   Bayern      Marseille
2019/20   Spurs     Real Madrid  Juventus   Leverkusen  Marseille
2020/21   Man Utd   Barcelona    Sampdoria  Wolfsburg   Marseille
2021/22   Man Utd   Barcelona    Roma       Wolfsburg   Lyon

Bold indicates team managed by me

Interesting use of them. Particularly like the international roll as it shows when the same team holds both the European Championship and the World Cup at the same time. Well done France, copying their RL self from some time back.

Unfortunately Bold in coded tables work fantastically poorly. You'd probably be better off using capital letters, colour coding, an asterisk or some other way of easily visualising the teams you have managed. It's hard to spot Torino from the rest now. Just the way the forum software works I'm afraid.

Brazil crashing out of the World Cup without losing a match. That's harsh. Unless the Brazilian FA have been made slightly less mental in FM12, I fully expect their manager was canned after the 2nd group game. Correct?

Interesting use of them. Particularly like the international roll as it shows when the same team holds both the European Championship and the World Cup at the same time. Well done France, copying their RL self from some time back.

Unfortunately Bold in coded tables work fantastically poorly. You'd probably be better off using capital letters, colour coding, an asterisk or some other way of easily visualising the teams you have managed. It's hard to spot Torino from the rest now. Just the way the forum software works I'm afraid.

Silas, the Brazilian manager resigned after the group stage, i'm sure he would have been pushed though if he hadn't. I should have made a note at the time but a good 7 or 8 managers either resigned or got sacked after the World Cup. Incidentally I was offered the Uruguay job after the WC but turned it down.

Yes, i thought the bold looked poor, i'll do some experimenting I think.

Not a bad first season in Italy at all! And you look to be the best in Turin now as Juve flounder in 7th :thup:. A nice Euro Cup win too which is bound to increase morale :thup:.

Thanks Raware :) Was certainly nice to finish above Juve!

Former Club Watch

history22.jpg

FC Twente took down their 6th straight Eredivisie, they also had an impressive Champions League First Knockout Round 3-2 victory over Man Utd before going out to eventual winners Sevilla on away goals after drawing 2-2 in the Quarter Finals.

Well done on a fab season. Good work qualifying for next season's Champions League too; hopefully you should start to get some serious money to invest in the squad now.

Thanks AK :)

Have seen a nice difference with the budgets this year, compared to last year an extra £10m for transfers and £150k for wages. Have enjoyed spending some of that!

Season 12

Pre Season Update - 2022/23

torinobadge1.jpg

Board Expectations

Serie A - Qualify for the Europa League

Champions League - Reach the Group Stage of the Champions League

European Super Cup - Enjoy the experience

TIM Cup - Reach the Quarter Final of the TIM Cup

Supercoppa - Not Important

My Expectations

Serie A- Despite finishing 3rd last year i'd still settle for a Top 6 finish

Champions League - Need to beat CSKA to enter the group stages, will be tough to get through the group as I expect to be a low seed

European Super Cup - Playing Sevilla, have a decent chance I think

TIM Cup - Going for three in a row but I'd be happy with the Quarters

Supercoppa - Vs Roma, would be nice to win this after losing out to Sampdoria last year

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £29m

Wage Budget - £1m - Currently spending £650k

Transfers

tortransfers.jpg

Key Players In

Lucas Mariano Villagra - Marseille - £12.5m - I wasn't desperate for a new AMC but it was tough to turn this player down. Marseille spent £18m on him just two years ago but after playing less than 20 games in those two years he was transfer listed at £12.5m so I decided to go with my gut instinct and splash the cash.

Asanda Ferreira - FC Basel - £8.75m - Was looking for a right winger and came across this guy at Basel, looks a real player and the fact that he is a natural on both the left and right wing made this a must buy for me. Activated his release fee clause to pick him up.

Thierry Cisse - GF 38 - £6m - A quality DMC, again not a priority signing but too good to pass on after he was transfer listed.

Joel - Fiorentina - £3.3m - Decided to activate Joel's release fee after Radim Novak went down for 4 months with a broken ankle. Hasn't set the world alight in his career so far but looks a good deal.

Team Report

report22.jpg

Next

I think it will be difficult to live upto the success we enjoyed last season, top 3 will be needed to return to the Champions League which will be tough whilst i'm expecting to be seeded low for the CL draw if we can get past a decent CSKA in the Best Placed Playoff. To go three in a row in the TIM Cup won't be easy either, we certainly enjoyed some luck along the way last year.

In terms of the squad i'm still looking for another quality Centre Half, i've struggled to sign my targets so far. I do have a little time before the window slams shut but feel I may now go with what I have until January.

Looks like there are depth problems.

Certainly in defence there are some issues but i've been unable to find quality defenders that I feel offer good value for money. I've gone for ok backups for the time being whilst I wait for the players I really want to become available.

European Update

European Super Cup

supercupr.jpg

Champions League - Best Placed Playoff

cskatorino.jpg

torinocska.jpg

Champions League - Group Stage Draw

cldraw22.jpg

Firstly, delighted with the Super Cup victory although drawing Sevilla was pretty fortunate when you look at most of the previous CL winners. The two games with CSKA were more comfortable than I expected although i'm certainly not complaining about that.

Looking at the draw for the CL Group Stage, we were 3rd seeds but it just had to be Twente, should be interesting!

I often find that DR and DL positions are difficult to fill, and end up training a central defender to do the job. Your back line looks like it might let in some frustrating goals, your defence ratings in the team report looks a bit like my Falkirk one - and we give away soft goals. Good luck for the new season and the Champions League.

I often find that DR and DL positions are difficult to fill, and end up training a central defender to do the job. Your back line looks like it might let in some frustrating goals, your defence ratings in the team report looks a bit like my Falkirk one - and we give away soft goals. Good luck for the new season and the Champions League.

Yes, we certainly let in some frustrating soft goals last year! That's a good shout, one of my Centre Halves (Bayiha) was an accomplished left back role originally so i'll be training him back up as he's since dropped to just being competent.

Looks like some great buys there, and judging by the team report they have significantly improved your team. I'll be surprised if you don't do at least as well as last season. Maybe some issues with quality in depth, but as long as you don't get a ton of injuries (knock on wood), you should be fine.

Good luck :)

Looks like some great buys there, and judging by the team report they have significantly improved your team. I'll be surprised if you don't do at least as well as last season. Maybe some issues with quality in depth, but as long as you don't get a ton of injuries (knock on wood), you should be fine.

Good luck :)

Thanks, yes the players i've added will all be starters so i'm hoping they can help take the team to that next level. I agree, we should be able to match last years efforts but it's certainly a very competitive league compared to Holland so will need to stay clear of those dreaded injuries.

Good early European results.
Good results in Europe,although your group seems to be a bit tricky with Twente and At.Madrid.
That is a tough group but everyone will be saying the same.
Sevilla are the holders :eek:.

Its a tough Champions League group, but every team could be in with a chance of getting through.

Good luck in the champo league buddy!

Thanks guys. It does look a pretty tough group, Twente aren't as strong as they were when I left them but are still a good side while Atletico are better than us on paper so it should be pretty tight I think.

Some really good signings, especially Joel. £3.3m looks like steal :thup:

Yes I was pretty surprised when I saw nobody else had come in for him, I wasn't looking for a striker originally until Novak went down for 4 months but this looked like a deal I couldn't pass up.

Ooohhh, FC Twente! Thats going to be a bitter sweet match, isnt it!

BTW, Joel looks like a monster! I think you mightve have found your new Mendy - he looks capable of pounding them in by the dozens!

It sure is! I was excited to draw them and as they are games 3 and 4 of the group stage they will be pivotal games.

If Joel turns into half the goalscorer that Mendy was i'll be delighted, by the way I did look at Mendy again in the summer but he still has "no intention" of joining Torino :(

• 2 weeks later...

Season 12

Mid season Update 2022/23

torinobadge1.jpg

I'm pleased with the first half of the season so far, I felt it was going to be tough to match last season's 3rd place finish but as we head into the winter break we sit nicely in 4th place 6 points off the impressive leaders Napoli. We have thrown some points away in winnable games but we are in a good position to make an assault on the Champions League spots (top 3 in Italy).

In Europe we started off by coasting past CSKA to qualify for the CL, we then defeated the CL holders Sevilla 4-0 in the Super Cup final. In the group stage we managed to go unbeaten though we could only beat Kobenhavn while we drew all four games against At. Madrid and Twente. Fortunately we got to the crucial 10 point mark and that was enough to see us qualify in second place behind Twente. In the First Knockout Round we will once again face the holders Sevilla, hopefully we can perform aswell as we did when we met them back in August.

Domestic Fixtures

torinofix.jpg

Serie A Table

seriea23mid.jpg

European Fixtures + Table

torinoe.jpg

Key Performers

Joel - My new signing back in the summer has been great in an advanced forward role, has notched 13 times in 24 starts.

Michele Marconi - My veteran captain doesn't start every game but when he does play he generally produces, has 12 goals in just 13 starts.

Next

Hoping for a big second half of the season, I certainly don't think the squad is in a position yet to win either the league or CL but i'll be delighted if we can finish in the Top 3 and make the latter stages in Europe.

The transfer window is soon upon us and whilst I don't see any major signings on the cards I may look to add depth to the defensive positions.

Very good start and not too far behind 1st place so definitely winnable.Good luck against Sevilla
A good sign that you did a good job in Twente.
Good first half to the season, bit of a challenge against Seville though.
A solid start to the season with good performances in both the league and Europe. Hopefully you get past Sevilla. Good luck.

Thanks guys :)

Pretty decent start. Funny how your old club comes back to haunt you! At least you still qualified for the next round, though! :)

Indeed, typical that I drew Twente! They nearly knocked me out aswell as they missed a 94th minute pen at my place.

Looking good both domestically and continentally. Bet you wish you could play FC Copenhagen every week? :D

Sure do :D

• 2 weeks later...
My mind is blown how can torino be so good or is it just you being so awesome that they are playing good?

And whoever is manager of AC Milan should get fired! :O Milan should always be up in top 4 ! forza milan

I would love to say it's all been down to me but they had 7 consecutive years in Serie A finishing 6th twice and lifting the Coppa Italia so already a pretty decent squad to work with when I took over. I've probably added 6 or 7 real key players since I took over to take Torino from a mid-table side to (so far anyway) Top 3 or 4 side. We'll see if that can continue.

The decline of Milan is a real interesting story. Under Allegri they won back to back Serie A titles in 2012 and 2013 before finishing 4th in both 2014 and 2015. Allegri then got sacked at the end of the 14/15 season and since then Milan have gone through 8 managers in 8 years and in the last three seasons have finished 16th, 12th and 13th. The squad now looks very poor with their highest valued player coming in at just £3.2m, a truly amazing decline. In a few years time I might have to go and sort them out!

I would love to say it's all been down to me but they had 7 consecutive years in Serie A finishing 6th twice and lifting the Coppa Italia so already a pretty decent squad to work with when I took over. I've probably added 6 or 7 real key players since I took over to take Torino from a mid-table side to (so far anyway) Top 3 or 4 side. We'll see if that can continue.

The decline of Milan is a real interesting story. Under Allegri they won back to back Serie A titles in 2012 and 2013 before finishing 4th in both 2014 and 2015. Allegri then got sacked at the end of the 14/15 season and since then Milan have gone through 8 managers in 8 years and in the last three seasons have finished 16th, 12th and 13th. The squad now looks very poor with their highest valued player coming in at just £3.2m, a truly amazing decline. In a few years time I might have to go and sort them out!

Woah lets hope that dosnt happen in real life with Milan, but i have never seen milan decline in any of my saves! :O thats why this was so intressting

Im a big fan of Joel's ability - he looks like someone who could bang them in every game! I would be surprised if he didnt give you 20+.

I like him aswell, a real bargain at just over £3m. Hopefully he can get those goals over the second half of the season.

Speaking of strikers, here is one of my old ones continuing to dominate..............

mendyrecord.jpg

Here is how Mendy looks now at 26

Great to see him still doing well but he still doesn't fancy a move to Torino :(

Season 12

Season Review - 2022/23

torinobadge1.jpg

Serie A - What a title race! Coming back after the winter break we were 4th in the table, 6 points off the top team Napoli and one of five or six teams in with a realistic shot of winning the title. We drew four of our first five games after the break as we lost pace with Napoli but then a fantastic run of Nine wins and one draw from the next eleven put us 2nd with just four games left. We then lost 3-1 at title chasing rivals Juve before a nervy 2-1 win at home to Atalanta to leave us 2nd knowing two wins from our last two games would win us the title as our last game was versus the leaders Napoli at home. In the 37th week Napoli lost 2-1 at home to Milan leaving the door open for us to overtake them with a win at 5th place Udinese, this was a really tight game until Udinese went down to 10 men with 20 minutes left opening the door for us to take the lead with just over 10 minutes left. Then in the 93rd and final minute we gave away a needless free kick around our own box and from that Udinese headed in a last gasp equaliser to stop us going top of the table. Going into the last game of the season we were in 3rd place 2 points behind Napoli and 1 point behind Juve, we could have either won the league or dropped out of the CL places depending on the result. We did our job in beating Napoli 3-0 but Juve cruised to a 3-0 win at Brescia meaning they lift the title while we make do with 2nd place. Napoli who led the league for most of the season went from 1st to 4th on the final day meaning they have to make do with a Europa League spot while Juve jumped from 5th to 1st in the last few weeks of the season. Overall I have to be delighted with 2nd place but I can't help but think what might have been had we not leaked that 93rd minute header at Udinese.

Europe - Earlier in the season we followed up our Europa League win from last year by beating Sevilla in the European Super Cup 4-0. Fast forward to February and the Champions League First Knockout Round and once again we ran into the reigning CL holders. The first leg at home was a tight affair until the 56th minute when at 0-0 a mad 10 minute spell virtually ended our European season, firstly our RW Miroslaw Kucharski picked up a needless red card for a two footed challenge followed quickly by two Sevilla goals on 58 and 65 mins. We went on to lose 2-0 before falling to a 1-0 defeat in the second leg. Not a bad first season in the CL ultimately ruined by a mad 10 minute spell.

Coppa Italia - After two straight TIM Cup victories we once again made it to the semi's after wins against Bologna and Inter. In the semis we came up against Juve who beat us 3-1 at their place before we got a 1-0 win at home which wasn't enough to make a third straight final appearance as we went down 3-2 on aggregate.

Domestic Fixtures

torinofix2.jpg

European Fixtures

torinofixe1.jpg

Final League Table

seriea23.jpg

Key Performers

Michele Marconi - What to say about my 34 year old captain, he led the team from the front this year with 19 goals to belie his age. I didn't expect him to play so many games but he just took his chance when he came him into the team after Radim Novak and Iban Galan both suffered lengthy layoffs meaning I couldn't leave him out even when they both came back. His contract is up now but I will be trying to negotiate a new 1 year deal for sure.

Theirry Cisse - My best player, had a solid season in the DMC role. I certainly missed him against Sevilla when he went off injured in the first leg of my CL game.

Mansour Dieng - Good season from my centre half, even adding 9 goals along the way.

Joel - A 19 goal season from my Brazilian striker Joel.

Next

I'm excited about next season as I enter the last year of my three year contract at Torino. I hope to again challenge for the league title and if I can add a bit of extra quality in the summer then that may well be possible, hopefully we can again make the knockout stages of the CL and see where we go from there.

Career Overview

Season     Club               League                                      Position      Achievements

2011       Jevnaker IF        Norweigan Second Division Group 2           5th           Took over on 6.7.11
2012       Jevnaker IF        Norweigan Second Division Group 2           1st           League Champions, Promotion
2013       Jevnaker IF        Norweigan First Division                    7th           Left Club (didn't extend contract)
2014       Fortuna Sittard    Dutch Jupiler League                        14th          Took over on 26.2.14
2014-15    Fortuna Sittard    Dutch Jupiler League                        1st           League Champions, Promotion
2015-16    Fortuna Sittard    Dutch Eredivisie                            15th          Left Club after 6 games for FC Twente
2015-16    FC Twente          Dutch Eredivisie                            6th           Took over on 27.9.15
2016-17    FC Twente          Dutch Eredivisie                            1st           League Champions
2017-18    FC Twente          Dutch Eredivisie                            1st           League Champions, Dutch Cup Winners, UCL L16
2018-19    FC Twente          Dutch Eredivisie                            1st           League Champions, UCL Quarter Finalists
2019-20    FC Twente          Dutch Eredivisie                            1st           League Champions, Dutch Cup Winners, UCL Quarter Finalists
2020-21    FC Twente          Dutch Eredivisie                            1st           League Champions, Dutch Cup Winners, UCL Quarter Finalists, Left Club (resigned)
2021-22    Torino             Serie A TIM                                 3rd           Europa League Winners, TIM Cup Winners
2022-23    Torino             Serie A TIM                                 2nd           European Super Cup winners, Supercoppa Winners

International

Season            Nation                      Competition                     Position                 Notes

2016              Ivory Coast u23's           Olympic Games                   First Round 
2018-2019         Turkey                      Euro 2020 Qualifiers            4th                      Sacked

Archived