Pre Season Update - 2024/25

torinobadge1.jpg

Board Expectations

Serie A - Challenge for the Serie A Title

Champions League - Reach the First Knockout Round of the Champions League

TIM Cup - Reach the Semi Final of the TIM Cup

Supercoppa - Not Important

My Expectations

Serie A - Minimum is too challenge for the title but with a stronger squad I should be looking to retain it

Champions League - Been disappointing in the CL so far, hoping to make L16 as an absolute miminum

TIM Cup - By no means a priority but looking to make at least the Semis

Supercoppa - Vs Roma, will use as a friendly game

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £25m

Wage Budget - £1.2m - Currently spending £900k

Transfers

torinotransfers2.jpg

Key Players In

Andrea Pagano - from Lazio for £22.5m - My big money signing of the summer, I have been looking at Pagano develop since he joined Lazio after being released as a youngster by Juve for a few years now and after last season in which he was the Serie A top scorer with 24 goals I decided to pounce as I look to bolster my striking options.

Haim Mualem - from Porto for £3.5m - My only concern with Mualem is that i will be his 7th club already at age just 23 but I have bought in him for the fact that he can play naturally at either CB or at DMC, won't be good enough to crack the starting lineup initially and has mainly been signed as a backup.

Petteri Tahvanainen - from HJK for £725k - Signed as a backup GK but looks to have enough about him to play in Serie A, my scouts rate him highly. Was needed mainly for when I lose my number 1 Zerrouki to the African Nations.

Key Players Out

Emerson to Real Madrid for £8.75m - It just never worked out for Emerson here, signed a year ago for £8.75m he struggled to hold down a starting place due to the impressive form of Takac and Joel. With the addition of Pagano I decided to move him out for the same fee I paid.

Mansour Dieng to Frankfurt for £7.5m - A shame to see Dieng leave, one of my first signings at Torino and a loyal servant but only started 8 games last season. I decided I couldn't justify turning down £7.5m for him.

Moussa Kone to PSG for £6.5m - Another of my early signings but Injuries got the better of Kone here and after a couple of lengthy layoffs he fell down the pecking order.

Fabio Mena to Corinthians for £5m - A £5m offer for a pretty average backup DMC was too good to turn down, played nearly every game in my first season here but has been behind Cisse for the last two.

Team Report + Tactics

teamreport.jpg

tactics24.jpg

Next

Really looking forward to this season as I look to defend my Serie A title, I feel I have a stronger squad than last year although I haven't been able to bring in a right winger that I really wanted to add. I will have to look into that again in January. My only concern is that an injury to either my star winger Ferreira or AMC Villagra could leave me in a bit of trouble.

The draw for the Champions League group stage sees me matched up against Real, Frankfurt and Panathinaikos which whilst it could been easier I feel 2nd place in certainly up for grabs. I haven't yet beat a higher seed than me with Torino in two previous campaigns but having been made a second seed this year should help me out.

Hopefully another good season with Torino is on the cards.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived