Man Utd - Home Of The Champions

So, there are lots of FMH story threads so i thought i would post up my details of my current game. Hopefully, it may make for some interesting reading! Also, please try not to post in the thread because otherwise it breaks up the story and makes it less enjoyable if you have to keep scrolling rather than going down one post at a time. Thankyou.

Anyway,

----------

End Of An Era - From The Sun (July 7th)

Today, Sir Alex Ferguson, the highly acclaimed and succesful manager has stepped down from his role of Manchester United manager after a turbulent family incident caused him to go into retirement a couple of years earlier than anticipated.

However, it is not all doom and gloom. A rising U19's coach at the club, Matthew Gildea has been given Sir Alex Ferguson's blessing to take lead control after leading the U19 Squad to an unprecedented league winning season, complete with only 4 goals conceded. Ferguson, 67, hopes that Gildea can keep hold of the League Title and Champions League trophy that he strived so hard to regain after the infamous treble winning season of 1999.

Gildea told our reporters

"I'm looking forward to the challenge. It's going to be hard stepping into such large boots as Sir Alex's, but i believe i have adopted the perfect squad".

----------

O'No O'Shea - From The Sun (July 8th)

After the recent employment of Matthew Gildea as successor to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United Football Club, changes are already speculated to be imminent, with the main rumour being that versitile defender John O'Shea will be the first to leave after being transfer listed by Gildea.

Other players extected to leave this summer are Dong Fangzhou; the unimpressive Asian Striker, the injury prone Mikael Silvestre and energetic winger Ji Sung Park.

However, speculation is also rife about new arrivals with whispers of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Lionel Messi at the top of the agenda.

In Out, In Out, Shake It All About - From Sky Sports.com(July 10th)

Matthew Gildea today shook things up in the Manchester Unietd training camp as he placed no less than 4 players on the transfer list, and made another bucketful available for loan.

John O'Shea, Tomasz Kuszczak, Ji Sung Park and Mikael Silvestre were all placed on the transfer list as Gildea looks to make this club his own. O'Shea is being targeted by Manchester City, who are likely to bid in the region of 6 million pounds for the defender. City are also likely to buy Mikael Silvestre from rivals United to help strengthen their defense, with a bid rumoured to be of around 2.7 million pounds.

Elsewhere, the transfer window started hotting up as many clubs start buying and sellnig in order to find the winning equation. Liverpool and Chelsea are both believed to be in contention to sign Dutch Attacking midfielder Rafael Van Der Vaart, with a bid of 13 million pounds being heard around Stamford Bridge as fans queued to by their season tickets.

The Huntelaar Becomes The Hunted - From The Sun (July 11th)

Manchester United today confirmed that they had launched a bid believed to be in the region of 13 million for dutch forward Klass-Jan Huntelaar. The striker, also linked with Barcelona and Inter has recently expressed his desire to play for Manchester United and so the deal looks likely to go ahead, despite Barcelona having a bid of 14 million pounds rejected yesterday.

If the deal does go ahead, it could give an indication of Gildeas desired tactic, as this signing would bring the total number of strikers the club has to 4, with 3 main starting XI players. Tevez, Saha and possibly Huntelaar could all be fighting to get the last stiking position alongside Wayne Rooney, whom Gildea describes as the 'Perfect' player.

Inter Milan are believed to be lining up a 16.2 million pounds bid for the striker, likened to dutchman Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Boo-zy Gildea - From Sky Sports.com (July 11th, 23:53pm)

Manchester United manager Matthew Gildea was spotted leaving a Manchester bar just before midnight tonight after a drinking session left him intoxicated beyond belief. The Manchester United fans are divided with their loyalties, some claiming Gildea is not fit for the job, whilst others believe it shows his down to earth personality.

Gildea is expected to make a statement tomorrow regarding his eventful night. We are sure the fans will give him a boo-zy reception in the pre season friendlies.

Please note : This article is based on me :) Im out in a bar tonight so await for tomorrows updates.

Gildea Apologises For Drunken Rant - From Sky Sports.com (July 12th)

Manchester United manager Matthew Gildea has today issued a statement apologising for his drunken night out last night, in which he ranted on about Roman Abramovich and his billions.

"He's not even a good chairman. He, he is RUSSIAN!"

Gildea apologised via the clubs website www.ManUtd.com and also sent Abramovich a personal apology. Gildea was unavailable for further comments.

Reds Get Their Man - From The Sun (July 15th)

Ajax have accepted an £11.5 million pounds bid from Manchester United for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar according to an insider at the club.

"He told Ajax he wanted to leave, and when Man Utd came calling, they couldn't refuse".

Huntelaar, a profilic young striker has long been linked with Inter, who were believed to be making a £16 million pounds bid, but they seem to have given up on the Manchester bound striker.

So Long Saha - From The Sun (July 15th)

While Matthew Gildea claims Louis Saha will have a role at Manchester United this season, fans have been calling for his sale, believing that he is too injury prone to do much good.

"The fans want rid of Saha!" posted one Reds fan on a large footballing message board, expressing the feelings of many. The injury prone Frenchman, who attended the same football academy as Nicolas Anelka and Thierry Henry, was tipped to have been the better o the free, but an injury prone career has seen him never reach his peak.

Transfer Window Overload - From Sky Sports.com (July 17th)

The transfer window is hotting up as the big clubs try to improve their squads for the new season, and money seems to be no object for them.

Of course, the highly publicised move of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to manchester United is the first big money move of the summer, but Man Utd have also been buying a couple of youngsters for use in the future. Victor Moses, a highly tipped 16 year old striker joined from Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee believe to have been around £85,000. Also, young defender Breno Borges, again a highly tipped youngster, this time from Germany, completed a £180,000 move and has instantly been loaned out to Cardiff City.

Sticking with Manchester, Man City made a bid of £2.6 million for Mikael Silvestre of United, which was dismissed as too small a fee for a player of his calibre. Napoli made a bid of £3.8 million for John O'Shea which United have accepted, with Gildea claiming the main incentive for O'Shea leaving at a few million under his asking price was that he wouldn't be in the Premiership, and thus couldn't back to haunt him.

Billionnaire funded Chelsea have had a £6.5 million pounds bid for Aaron Lennon rejected from Spurs, who are holding onto the english winger. Chelsea also had a bid of £7 million pounds rejected for Middlesboroughs Stewart Downing, with Middlesborough wanting a fee closer to £14 million for their prized asset. Chelsea are believed to be negotiating to a price of around £11 million.

Cheslea however did have a bid accepted, this time for Gonzalo Rodriquez from Villareal, and an acceptance of a £13 million pounds bid. This will be the largest transfer of the new season so far, should it be completed. Chelsea's rivals Liveropol have had a bid rejected for an unnamed Mallorca player.

In Europe, AC Milan have beaten Inter in the bidding war for U21 star Giampaolo Pazzini, and outbid Inters £6.5 million pounds bid by more than £3 million more. owever, the bid has not yuet been accepted and Inter could try to outbid their rivals after losing out on Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to Manchester United. Real Madrid, who were also believed to be interested in the youngster have had a £7.5 million pounds bid for rated Werder Bremen defender Naldo rejected, after the club prized the player from Reals grasp.

Ok, sorry guys but at the rate in which im playing FMH, it will take me months to continue writing up like this, so im just going to do old fashioned stats.

Anyway, it's Sat 29 September 2007 on my game and stats so far

Manager Stats

Games Played - 10

Games Won - 9

Games Drawn - 1

Games Lost - 0

Goals Scored - 21

Goals Conceded - 7

League Titles - 0

Cup Titles - 1

Players Bought - 11 / £18.25 mil

Players Sold - 3 / £10 mil

Manager jobs - 1

Manager points - 136

Starting XI

Van Der Sar

Evra

Neville

Ferdinand

Vidic

Giggs

Ronaldo

Carrick

Scholes

Rooney

Huntelaar

Subs

Foster

Wes Brown

Nani

Anderson

Tevez

Other Players

Silvestre

Cathcart

Evans

Hargreaves

Fletcher

Park

Bostock

Cearense

Saha

On Loan (to other clubs)

Rafael

Simpson

Borges

Fabio

Kroos

Bastians

Martin

Fleck

Eagles

Moses

Fangzhou

Brandy

Campbell

Welbeck

Future Signings (Join in Jan Window)

Saivet

Russotto

Enyeama

Lulinha

Ospina

Ben Arfa

Current Results

FR - Man Utd 2 - 0 Standard

FR - Man Utd 4 - 1 Leeds

CS - Man Utd 2 - 1 Chelsea

PL - Man Utd 1 - 1 Liverpool

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Aston Villa

PL - Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal

PL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Stoke

PL - Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle

PL - Man Utd 3 - 1 Tottenham

CL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Lyon

PL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Middlesborough

LC - Man Utd 3 - 2 Bolton

Current League Table (After 7 games)

1st - Man Utd / 19pts

2nd - Everton / 18 points

3rd - Pompey / 16 points

4th - Wigan / 16 points

5th - Blackburn - 15 points

6th - Chelsea / 13 points

Other Info

Liverpool are 9th, with 10 points and Arsenal are 11th with 9 points.

Huntelaar has got 8 goals and an assist in 10 games, is averaging 8.30 and him, Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo already have 16 goals between them after 9 league + cup games (Ferdinand scored in Europe).

You beat Leeds :'(

One less reader!

lol Na I'm kidding apart from that your doing well :D

:D Sorry but i needed to put a dampener on their season. Their fourths in league 1, despite the deduction, and other than the cups, they haven't lost a game!

We want Saha out! We want Saha out! We want Saha out!

Saha actually is doing very well on my game. Averaging 7's and 8's and has 2 goals in 1(5) appearences.

Anyway, UPDATE. And since you last saw me, it's nearing the end pof the season, and the cracks are starting to appear. Wins and draws turn to losses and even Stoke are scoring against me now :(

Date is Sunday, March 2nd 2008

Manager Stats

Games Played - 43

Games Won - 31 (72.1%)

Games Drawn - 8 (18.6%)

Games Lost - 4 (9.3%)

Goals Scored - 87

Goals Conceded - 25

League Titles - 0

Cup Titles - 1

Players Bought - 17 / £27 mil

Players Sold - 3 / £10 mil

Manager jobs - 1

Manager points - 275

Starting XI

Van Der Sar

Evra

Neville

Ferdinand

Vidic

Nani

Ronaldo

Anderson

Dudu Cearense

Rooney

Huntelaar

Subs

Foster

Evans

Giggs

Anderson

Tevez

Other Players

Silvestre

Cathcart

Evans

Hargreaves

Fletcher

Park

Bostock

Saha

Brown

Russotto

Lulinha

Ben Arfa

On Loan (to other clubs)

Rafael

Simpson

Borges

Fabio

Kroos

Bastians

Martin

Fleck

Eagles

Moses

Fangzhou

Brandy

Campbell

Welbeck

Ospina

Saivet

Future Signings (Summer 08 / Free Transfers)

Bojan

Mascherano

Jovetic

Flamini

Baros

Wheater

Prieto

Vonlanthen

Villaluz

Current Results

FR - Man Utd 2 - 0 Standard

FR - Man Utd 4 - 1 Leeds

CS - Man Utd 2 - 1 Chelsea

PL - Man Utd 1 - 1 Liverpool

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Aston Villa

PL - Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal

PL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Stoke

PL - Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle

CL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Lyon

PL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Middlesborough

LC - Man Utd 3 - 2 Bolton

PL - Man Utd 2 - 0 Man City

CL - Man Utd 3 - 0 PSV

PL - Man Utd 2 - 0 Blackburn

PL - Man Utd 2 - 0 Wigan

CL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Stuttgart

PL - Man Utd 5 - 1 West Brom

PL - Man Utd 4 - 0 Norwich

PL - Man Utd 0 - 2 West Ham

CL - Man Utd 2 - 1 Lyon

PL - Man Utd 1 - 1 Bolton

PL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Sunderland

CL - Man Utd 5 - 2 PSV

PL - Man Utd 1 - 1 Fulham

LC - Man Utd 0 - 0 Stoke ( 3 - 0 after Extra Time)

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Portsmouth

CL - Man Utd 3 - 0 Stuttgart

PL - Man Utd 5 - 1 Hull

-- The Worst Part of The Season --

PL - Man Utd 0 - 0 Chelsea

PL - Man Utd 0 - 0 Everton

PL - Man Utd 0 - 2 Liverpool

PL - Man Utd 0 - 0 Aston Villa

-- Then It Gets Better --

FA - Man Utd 3 - 0 Sheffield Utd

LC - Man Utd 0 - 1 Arsenal

PL - Man Utd 1 - 1 Arsenal

PL - Man Utd 4 - 1 Stoke

LC - Man Utd 1 - 1 Arsenal (Arsenal win 2-1 on aggregate)

FA - Man Utd 1 - 2 Crystal Palace (A late equaliser and an 86th minute Penalty :( )

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Newcastle

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Middlesborough

CL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Real Madrid (1st leg of last 16)

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Man City

PL - Man Utd 1 - 0 Blackburn

Current League Table (After 27 games)(* indicates 28 games)

1st - Man Utd / 64pts *

2nd - Chelsea / 55 points

3rd - Everton / 52 points

4th - Blackburn / 48 points

5th - Liverpool - 46 points

6th - West Ham / 45 points

Other Info

Arsenal are 10th with 35 points.

Man Utd Top Scorers / Assisters

1st - Ronaldo - 12 / 13

2nd - Huntelaar - 21 / 3

3rd - Rooney - 12 / 9

So, as Tevez has been out for four months and is out for another two, he has only managed 7 goals and two assists in 18 games. Ronaldo has played 43 games, Huntelaar 42 and Rooney 38.

Fun Facts

Ferdinand has scored 4 goals and has 4 assists!

My starting four defenders, Evra, Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic have scored and assisted bewtwwen them ;

Scored - 8

Assisted - 11

Which i don't think is bad for a back four!

Oldest Player - Van Der Sar / 37 yrs 124 days

Youngest - Russotto - 17 yrs 107 days

Well, i won the league and champs league double! I will post stats at weekend but anyway.

Champions League was the hardest .

Last 16 - Beat Real Madrid

Quarters - Beat Barcelona

Semis - Beat Chelsea

Final - Beat Valencia, despite Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Rooney being suspended.

NEW UPDATE - This season (number 2) has been very poor. I was top of the league by a point with a game in hand, but then while Ospina was injured, Van Der Sar lost it and conceded 23 goals in 26 games, which has meant i am now third in the league, 6 points off Chelsea with only 7 games to go. Also, i am Holland manager as well as Man Utd.

Also, i have got a glitch in my game! Flamini had only 6 months on his contract with Milan, so it allowed me to negotiate a contract, so i did and he accepted and was meant to join at the end of the season. Now though, he signed a new contract so it says he will join at the end of his contract in 3 years! lol

Date is Sunday, March 29th 2009

Manager Stats

Games Played - 115

Games Won - 79 (68.7%)

Games Drawn - 23 (20%)

Games Lost - 13 (11.3%)

Goals Scored - 242 (2.10pm)

Goals Conceded - 78 (0.68pm)

League Titles - 1

Cup Titles - 5

Players Bought - 33 / £62 mil

Players Sold - 6 / £26.5 mil

Manager jobs - 2

Manager points - 1478

Transfers In

Ayala - £25.5 Million

Ramsey - £1.5 Million

Transfers Out

Ji Sung Park - £6 Million (To Real Madrid lol)

Carrick - £6.75 Million

Fletcher - £3.7 Milliom

-----------------------------------------

Starting XI

Ospina

Evra

Neville

Ayala

Vidic

Nani

Ronaldo

Anderson

Dudu Cearense

Rooney

Huntelaar

Subs

Enyeama

Evans

Ferdinand

Scholes

Tevez

Other Players

Foster

Van Der Sar

Simpson

Silvestre

Cathcart

Evans

Hargreaves

Park

Bostock

Saha

Brown

Russotto

Lulinha

Ben Arfa

Mascherano

Osei

Muamba

Ramsey

Sahin

Preito

Vonlanthen

Baros

On Loan (to other clubs)

Rafael

Simpson

Borges

Fabio

Kroos

Bastians

Martin

Fleck

Eagles

Moses

Fangzhou

Brandy

Campbell

Welbeck

Ospina

Saivet

De Silvestri

Wheater

Haruna

Future Signings (Summer 09 / Free Transfers)

Gerard Pique

Daniel Opare

Ever Banega

Miguel Torres

Salomon Kalou

Current League Table (After 31 games)

1st - Chelsea / 62pts *

2nd - Liverpool / 59 points

3rd - Man Utd / 56 points

4th - Arsenal / 56 points

5th - Aston Villa - 51 points

6th - Tottenham / 51 points

Other Info

Im in Champions League Quarters, won the League cup and in FA Cup Semis. Also, in Champions League last 16, i beat Barcelona on penalties and it took 17 penalties to decide it!

Man Utd Top Scorers / Assisters

1st - Huntelaar - 25 / 12

2nd - Ronaldo - 16 / 15

3rd - Rooney - 15 / 6

Nani has also had a great season with 5 goals and 14 assists. In fact, out of the 26 players who have played in a match, only 6 havn't scored, and that includes my three keepers.

Fun Facts

Since he joined, in only 1.7 seasons, Klass-Jan Huntelaar has the following stats to his name ;

Goals Scored :-50

Assists :- 21

MOM :- 43

Yellows :- 6

Reds : 0

Av. Rating :- 7.87

At lunch time today, the seasons stats will be posted. But here are the highlights.

A touch season saw Man Utd win the ...erm (what are six trophies called) with wins in The League, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Community Shield and Euro Super Cup. Overall, a fairly successful season.

A few outgoings, including Carrick and Fletcher to Blackburn, Ji Siung Park to Real Madrid and a future move for Hargreaves. Also, Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs and neville all retire, making way for he younger squad.

The current average age of the squad, is 23 which is nice and youthful so a good 5 or 6 years before a new squad is needed.

NEW UPDATE - We are now in Season 3 but the stats are from Season two. Despite being 6 points behind Chelsea with only 7 games to go, we won the League!

Date is Sunday, September 20th 2009

Manager Stats

Games Played - 139

Games Won - 92 (66.2%)

Games Drawn - 26 (18.7%)

Games Lost - 21 (15.1%)

Goals Scored - 288 (2.07pm)

Goals Conceded - 101 (0.73pm)

League Titles - 2

Cup Titles - 7

Players Bought - 39 / £78 mil

Players Sold - 10 / £48.5 mil

Manager jobs - 2

Manager points - 2208

Notable Transfers In

Pablo Piatti - £15 Million

Gerard Pique - Free

Daniel Opare - Free

Ever Banega - Free

Miguel Torres - Free

Salomon Kalou - Free

Transfers Out

Van Der Sar - Retire

Neville - Retire

Scholes- Retire

Giggs - Retire

Silvestre - £2.4 Million

Vonlanthan - £4.8 Million

Carlos Carneiro - £4.9 Million

Owen Hargreaves - £10 Million

Starting XI

Ospina

Evra

Torres

Ayala

Vidic

Nani

Ronaldo

Anderson

Piatti

Rooney

Huntelaar

Subs

Enyeama

Evans

Ferdinand

Kalou

Tevez

Future Signings (£25.5 Million Kitty)

None

Current League Table (After 7 games)(* Indicates 6 Games)

1st - Arsenal / 15pts

2nd - Man City / 14 points *

3rd - Aston Villa / 13 points

4th - Chelsea / 11 points *

5th - Birmingham - 11 points *

6th - Everton / 10 points

13th - Man Utd / 7 points (5 Games)

Other Info

I won the Champions League, Euro Super Cup, Community Shield, League Cup and FA Cup

so had a good season.

Man Utd Top Scorers / Assisters (From Season 2)

1st - Huntelaar - 25 / 15

2nd - Ronaldo - 20 / 16

3rd - Rooney - 20 / 7

Fun Facts

I am Holland manager and top of my World Cup Qualifying Group

Current WC Qualifying Table (After 8 games)

1st - Holland / 19 Points

2nd - Poland / 17 points

3rd - Slovakia / 15 points

4th - Austria / 11 Points

5th - Cyprus / 4 points

6th - Azerbaijan / 1 point

I have won all games, includnig 6-0 against Azerbaijan, but drew with Austria and lost to Poland.

I didn't want them to continue though, i had offered them new contracts at a reduced wage, but they all rejected. Giggs wanted 50,000 at 35 so i offered 20 and he rejected so did the rest so i let thm retire. And, none of them pkayed anywa as my squad i full of better quality youngsters.

Because i have Ospina who is ace, and at 21 has all stats dark orange (so 15+) and the only one he doesn't is aggression which i dont mind.

And, i also have Enyeama and Foster who are both better than him, who is 38 now and not so great. Plus, he wanted a new £29,000 a week contract which he has no chance as Ospina is only on £17,000.

I only know that he is on Crickies July 13th update. Im afriad i don't think he is on any of the earlier updates or on the games dataabse. Sorry.

Is he the youngster, around 20 years old. If so, he turns out to be quite good, not a decent player for one of the top four, but a smaller premier league side would use him in their first XI.

Hmm, Anderson from Man Utd is probably the best AMC in the game IMO. He is young, talented and best of all Brazilian :D I would buy him, or Pablo Aimar or Raul Garcia. All good AMC's.

NEW UPDATE - I have literally just started season 4.

Manager Stats

Games Played - 200

Games Won - 137 (68.5%)

Games Drawn - 32 (16%)

Games Lost - 31 (15.5%)

Goals Scored - 428 (2.14pm)

Goals Conceded - 159 (0.80pm)

League Titles - 2

Cup Titles - 8

Players Bought - 45 / £143 mil

Players Sold - 18 / £105 mil

Manager jobs - 2

Manager points - 2666

Notable Transfers In

Micah Richards - Free

Sergio Aguero - £26.5

(Still have £24.5 Remaining)

Transfers Out

Wes Brown - £5.75 mil

Danny Simpson - £8.25 mil + 10%

Louis Saha - Free (Contract finally expired)

Enyeama - £6.75

Rio Ferdinand - Free

Starting XI

Ospina

Evra

Richards

Ayala

Vidic

Messi

Ronaldo

Anderson

Aguero

Rooney

Huntelaar

Subs

Foster

Evans

Nani

Kalou

Jovetic

Current League Table (After 2 games)(* Indicates 1 Game)

1st - Chelsea / 6 pts

2nd - Arsenal / 6 points

3rd - Man City / 6 points

4th - West Ham / 6 points

5th - Man Utd / 4 points

6th - Liverpool / 3 points*

Other Info

Last season, i came runners up on the final day, after i need to beat Arsenal and hope Chelsea lost to Birmingham. Chelsea won and i lost, so i acme runners up in the league.

I won the Champions League against AC Milan 4-1 after extra time.

I got tot he quarter finals of the World Cup with Holland and lost to eventual runners up Ghana. I then resigned and applied for the England job but Gary Neville got it.

Man Utd Top Scorers / Assisters (From Season 2)

1st - Huntelaar - 22 / 11

2nd - Rooney - 15 / 10

3rd - Jovetic - 11 / 11

4th -Ronaldo - 14 / 8

LOL :D Overall, during my managerial career (3 and a bit seasons) Saha had these stats

Played : 9 (12)

Goals : 4

Assists : 2

AV Rating 6.84

Not great.

Anyway, I've got the day off work (Woo!) so im hoping to get another few months done whilst im not on Rainbow Six or packing for my holiday.

Archived