Italian Serie A challege recommendation?

I want to take over a Serie A club with the following criteria:

"Must be a bottom 5/6 club in real life with ambitions to reach at the top in the next few years. (Ambitions of just staying in the top flight do not meet my requirements)"

Can anyone recommend something?

Why are Siena building a new stadium then?

siena,novara, cesena, lecce, bologna... these teams all play only for survival, every year they do transfers to stay in the seria A. last season bologna secured survival with around 10 games to go and they lost 7-8 of those 10 last games. most of these clubs will never reach the top in real life because they are simply too small and do not have the fanbase( unless they get a man city like owner). so if you are going to go for one of these clubs, i say go for bologna as they have a rich history and a decent fanbase.

and where did you get that siena are building a new stadium?

To me, Novara is the most interesting Serie A team to play right now. Their recent history is like someone playing FM in real life. As recent as 2001 they were Serie C2, then they went back to C1 and then since 2009 they've run straight up through Serie B and then this year they kicked Inter's ass at home for their first Serie A game in 55 years.

Lecce, Siena and Cesena are others I would look at or even Sampdoria who got relegated to Serie B last year.

There`s no small team of Serie A whose goal is to become a major force of the league, no team has the same financial means as Inter, Milan, Juve, etc..but what you can try is to emulate what Udinese is doing: find talented young players to achieve good results and sell them for a lot of money while remaining in the top 5, until one day you'll find yourself in the top positions like it`s happening right now for Udinese.

For this challenge I would pick Novara, Atalanta or Siena.

By the way, if you mean one of the bottom 5/6 clubs of THIS season that wants to win Serie A then I would pick Inter :p

• 5 weeks later...

Archived