Hitting the bar/post at least once every game

Sometimes i think people are just looking for things to moan about, The woodwork gets hit more than you would imagine, as Hibserpool pointed out the liverpool stat. Although i think every game is a tad unrealistic but for you to hit the bar say 4 games in a row for example would be perfectly normal.

It's not a moan, it's just that the majority of us are social degenerates withdrawn from society who take the game far too seriously :)

If anything, it's a massive compliment to SI for making such a damn good game!!!

Sometimes i think people are just looking for things to moan about, The woodwork gets hit more than you would imagine, as Hibserpool pointed out the liverpool stat. Although i think every game is a tad unrealistic but for you to hit the bar say 4 games in a row for example would be perfectly normal.

This issue has been already discussed here: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...t-the-woodwork

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I'm gonna bump this thread to show you guys this:

24eth1j.jpg

That's 6 times that I've hit the woodwork in one game. Plus one time Hannover hit the post too. Total of 7 times the ball hit the woodwork. Now, I haven't been too critical of the excessive amount of woodwork hits so far (like, 2-3 per game with rare no-post games), but this is just ludicrous! When I have 36 shots in a game, I want a bigger damn return for it than 4 goals and 6 woodwork hits to go into my statistics (admittedly, I average about 25 shots per game, so the chances of hitting the posts are higher too, but still...)! This "artificial difficulty" stuff really breaks immersion.

The chart also shows a problem with scoring one on ones - all shots Gomez (no33) had from inside the box were one on ones, and he's a very good finisher! But that's another problem for another day.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

In the 2012/13 Premier League season Man United hit the woodwork 24 times, about 1.66 per match, so at least once per game isn't unusual.

Hitting the woodwork does happen quite often IF you're a team that spends most of the season being the better, more attacking team getting most shots away. The last 2 seasons liverpool have been post/crossbar crazy. Even this season Sturridge himself must have hit it about 5 times. For top teams it's not that rare. But if you're a lower /mid-table team who average well below 15 shots per games but are then averaging more than 2 or 3 with hitting the post/bar then there is a problem. From what i'm seeing in my games it is about right. I've had games where i have hit the post 2, 3 and sometimes even 4 games but there have been plenty of games where i haven't hit it at all

In the 2012/13 Premier League season Man United hit the woodwork 24 times, about 1.66 per match, so at least once per game isn't unusual.

Wow some awful math there.. try 0.63 if we count league fixtures only.

But maybe Man U had higher than average shots on goal? They were champions after all.

Edit - Maths error aside. :)

What's the stats throughout the league(s), as high? Because if anyone wants a game of crossbar challenge on FM Online, I fancy my chances with my boys pinging them in.

If Man Utd hit the woodwork 24 times in 38 matches that would actually work out at 0.63 per match. Perhaps you got the wording mixed up as it would also work out at once every 1.58 matches or 142.5 minutes, but that's still different to 1.66 per match. Not quite sure how you've got that figure :D

In fact, that was the highest of any team in the 2012/13 season, which even further makes you using it to refute the claims a bit daft!

I am experiencing this problem badly as well, I usually have about 20-30 shots every game with about 15-20 on target and many of them hitting the woodwork, to many I have bloudy lost count its that infuriating. By the way they are not crappy strikers or other players whom are doing this, these are players with exceptionally high finishing and other important stats to bagging goals. I actually find most of my goal funnily enough come from set pieces in where my centers get that opening. In fact in one season my center player Balanta (I know hes a king but he is still a CB), was 1st for some time in goals lol.

So yes I believe this is quite an issue, considering when I let my arse manager take control with all my tactics and stuff and we beat teams with much better figures, I am just baffled and think maybe my team just like showing me how much they can shoot? Haha ah well I am looking forward to the fix! :D

I appreciate that this forum gets cluttered with unnecessary threads, but I really think it's a good thing that this gets its own thread.

It's early days yet, but this seems to be the only problem people (including me) have with the new ME. As people say, if this can be pretty much our only complaint then SI have done a damn fine job... and this certainly seems to be the only real glaring problem. It IS a glaring problem, it's statistically speaking 100% wrong (Seeing as an average of woodwork hits per game for a team is 0.50 and people are regularly reporting 2/3 hits a game, that works out to about 1.00 per game. Hence 100% out). But (hopefully!) it's an easy fix for the next update just by converting a large number of these post and bar shots into off-target shots that go wide or over.

Providing people remain patient and don't get too angry over this, there's nothing to complain about. The issue has certainly be raised and will be fixed. I think we just have to commend SI for such an improvement from the released ME to this patched version... only tiny bits of polish are really needed to make it from great to phenomenal.

I agree when you compare it to the games that have been rushed out lately and then have required so many patches to make it decent enough to play (ie: Rome 2 TW & X Rebirth), SI have indeed done a great job. This is pretty much my main problem and it is forcing me to save the game before I play because of how glaringly bad this can be!

The annoying isn't hitting the bar, its my player consistently hitting it throughout the game, then gets a 5.9 because his finishing was apparently, ****. **** me, time to hoard up all those 20 finishing strikers, then probably watch them do the same thing, cry, sack them and bring in strikers with only single digits in finishing and rule the world.

Archived