Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What language are you using? I'm using English UK.

I believe its fixed in the Comp/Team name fix in http://www.fmformation.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3216

--

What annoys me is that say I open a player profile, go to the report, back to profile, back to report. Then if I hit back twice it doesnt take me back to the squad screen but instead back to the report again... I dont think this problem was in 11, could be wrong tho.

What annoys me is that say I open a player profile, go to the report, back to profile, back to report. Then if I hit back twice it doesnt take me back to the squad screen but instead back to the report again... I dont think this problem was in 11, could be wrong tho.

Yes, yes, Gott im Himmel a fy ddw,, a thousand times yes.

I have no idea why this was changed, and what function it serves. Can anybody explain?

UK English here too. I downloaded a file that changes all of the Competition names to their correct counterparts, but I doubt it was that.

I'm wary of derailing the thread.

So, "Feels that the two of you may become friends." - Seriously? We've known each other for 10 years. I'm not your friend yet? Screw you then.

Edit: Apparently it is the fix, score. I recommend you download it - 'Holland' has annoyed me for years, it's inexcusable.

So, "Feels that the two of you may become friends." - Seriously? We've known each other for 10 years. I'm not your friend yet? Screw you then.

Aw, football friend!

I don't want to be friends with a name on the screen in my game where I try and score as many goals against the opposition as possible. I like it when a manager is fired as a result of me beating his team.

Yes, yes, Gott im Himmel a fy ddw,, a thousand times yes.

I have no idea why this was changed, and what function it serves. Can anybody explain?

This too drove me so nuts. If I hadn't quickly found out how to fix it, it could have ruined the game for me. I look at a lot of players. Most of my game time is spent recruiting.

LiquidFury and BobSardinia That can be changed.

Preferences > General > Untick Full Player Browsing History

thanks from me and all the others who were too lazy to look into the preferences or even complain about this, but kinda wished it'd go away. on closer inspection i can even make "attributes" the default player page. not that i'm nostalgic, but the new profile page doesn't have space for the development arrows. now ii'm inspired to look at all the preferences and inspect the new stuff! thanks again.

Top goalscorer is super excited to play on a "bigger stage" when he signs for a relegation doomed, debt-ridden club. Have fun in Serie C next year while your old team is still doing fine in B...... Regretting you refused to sign that new contract? Well, enjoy your "bigger stage", HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man City bought a young player (£5.5m), he didn't play for them and they sold him to Monaco for a loss (£4.6m). 2 years later he joins Genoa for £33m. The next season Man City buy him for £55m.

I sold a player to Stoke (a newgen) for £4.5m, a year later he goes to someone else - forget who - for £11m.

Another, I sold a player to Man City for £5.25m. A year later they sell him to Wolves for £1.7m, and a year later they sell him to Chelsea for £20.5m.

Huge jumps, and also huge errors by the AI teams. Or team, maybe it's just Man City. I sold the player because I didn't have space for him in my squad and had better players at the time in that position

Playing a match, I get 3 long term injuries in the first half (!) and 3 minor injuries in the second half that cuts the respective players to around 50%. None of the opposing teams players are injured in any way.

I get 5 yellow cards in that game and the opposition only 2....

The referees in this version are really making me fume -.-

cant sort coaches by type for some reason now... ie used to be able to click on their job, and it would group gk coaches, fitness coaches together... now itll do it, but it doesnt stay that way..

and

Player plays well on Saturday, but has a 'mare on weds, so I fine him... News item states he is unhappy about getting warned for bad performance in Saturday's game...

Player indecisive on the ball: Turns his back to goal, looks left, looks right then BAM! opposition player disposses him and promptly begins the most unstoppable counter attack possible.

Urine-poor clearences to no-one/the opposition when there is clearly a simple pass on.

Strikers heading the ball on to no-one.

That general feeling that you know which team is going to 'win' this highlight and therefore you know when a team will be dispossesed/tackled even if it looks like they're going to attack.

Setting two or three players to 'lurk outside area' on corners. Then, instead of spreading out they stand right next to each other.

Defender chasing the ball towards own corner flag after long clearence from opposition; suddenly runs like frightended rabbit towards own six yard-box, leaving the opposing attacker to stroll against goal.

I'm managing Braunschweiger Eintracht, currently in the German 3rd Division, which is full of II teams of larger teams. But they're treated like the I team.

i.e. I was just playing Bayern II, 19th in the table, and me, 2nd placed Braunschweig, are always treated huge underdogs against them. Same as we were against Bremen II and Dortmund II. And when we battered them 4-1, 3-0 and 3-1, it was as if it was Ronnie Radford 3 times over.

Meeting a team where you are the favourites, and no matter what you do, your team get trashed soundly...

One match I even got 3(!!!!) players sent off WITHOUT playing hard, just so the opposing team could win....

It's getting beyond 'annoy' and just plain frustrating now...

Edit: Forgot to mention. This is while you trash teams when you are the underdog...

Players who can't tell the difference between a loan contract and a proper contract.

You offer a player a new contract then send him on loan to an affiliate. He rejects your contract offer and signs on loan to someone else. You sigh. You then offer a new contract again and he will accept.

Something that's annoying me with FM12:

So I stride into my office (all good managers stride) and sit at my desk, casually pressing the play button on my antique answering machine.

You have four new messages. *BEEP* "Hi, it's your assistant manager here. Just reminding you that it's three days until our next match, you might want to check on our match preparation. Okay, bye!"

Hmm, that's odd, I'm sure he told that to me earlier and I DID check on our match preparation.

*BEEP* "Hi, me again, sooooooo it's TWO days now until our next match, thought I'd check up on the match preparation thing."

Very strange.

*BEEP* "Yo, it's the ass. man here again. So, we play our league match tomorrow, are you sure you're all hunky-dorey with the match prep? Call me!"

By now, I'm starting to think Assistant Manager Tom Bunn has some sort of strange compulsion and perhaps needs to talk with the team physio.

*BEEP* "Hi there again, boss, we're playing today as I'm sure you are well aware, could you just get back to me regarding one or two points of the match preparation schedule you set out? Ok, see you around!"

There is a frantic knocking at my door, and Mr. Bunn himself dashes in with a worried complexion.

"Boss! We go out in twenty minutes! Don't you want to make sure the match preparation schedule is sorted?"

"Yes, Mr. Bunn, I wholeheartedly agree. That's why I sorted it out THREE DAYS AGO. IT HASN'T CHANGED SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON YET YOU PESTER ME EVERY DAY ABOUT CHECKING THAT THE PLAYERS ARE ENJOYING THEIR "TEAMWORK" PREPARATION FOR THE GAME. ONCE IS ENOUGH. I DON'T NEED MY INBOX CLUTTERED WITH THE INANE RAMBLINGS OF A TRAINING-CONE-OBSESSED LUNATIC WHO DOESN'T COMPREHEND THE MATCH PREPARATION STRATEGY WHICH I OUTLINED AT THE START OF THE YEAR, AND WHICH I SLOWLY REPEAT EVERY FREAKING TIME YOU BOTHER ME. I HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT YOU BEATING ME OVER THE HEAD WITH CLIPBOARDS ON WHICH SQUIGGLY LINES MORPH INTO VISIONS OF YOUR EAGER YET UNCOMPREHENDINGLY BLANK FACE. GO AWAAAAAAAY!!!"

Agreed 100% on this on. It is one of the most annoying aspects of the game because this happens so rarely in real life and yet in the game, it happens dam near every time. Imagine if you are trying to grab a late win or draw and you are putting pressure on your opponent. You get a corner, this happens, and it kills your momentum immediately.

I know that this ME isn't exactly the greatest when it comes to its on field and in match representation animations, but the single most annoying thing in the world today is when your world class striker is clean through on goal and he "decides" to shoot with his weaker foot.

I don't know if this is now more based on the quality of players or not, but last year this did happen to me a lot, even at the highest level. However this season with my League 2 Swindon team, I have my best players on lurk outside and corner taker. The corner taker obviously busts a gut to get back onside if the corner is cleared, my lurks outside player almost always delays the pass until he IS back onside. I only see this happen, maybe once a month. Usually when either of my 2 best players are out.

Or I could just be VERY lucky to not suffer this issue often!

Haha, possibly the best post I've read on this forum ever! Nice one dude.. I totally agree too.

Something that's annoying me with FM12:

So I stride into my office (all good managers stride) and sit at my desk, casually pressing the play button on my antique answering machine.

You have four new messages. *BEEP* "Hi, it's your assistant manager here. Just reminding you that it's three days until our next match, you might want to check on our match preparation. Okay, bye!"

Hmm, that's odd, I'm sure he told that to me earlier and I DID check on our match preparation.

*BEEP* "Hi, me again, sooooooo it's TWO days now until our next match, thought I'd check up on the match preparation thing."

Very strange.

*BEEP* "Yo, it's the ass. man here again. So, we play our league match tomorrow, are you sure you're all hunky-dorey with the match prep? Call me!"

By now, I'm starting to think Assistant Manager Tom Bunn has some sort of strange compulsion and perhaps needs to talk with the team physio.

*BEEP* "Hi there again, boss, we're playing today as I'm sure you are well aware, could you just get back to me regarding one or two points of the match preparation schedule you set out? Ok, see you around!"

There is a frantic knocking at my door, and Mr. Bunn himself dashes in with a worried complexion.

"Boss! We go out in twenty minutes! Don't you want to make sure the match preparation schedule is sorted?"

"Yes, Mr. Bunn, I wholeheartedly agree. That's why I sorted it out THREE DAYS AGO. IT HASN'T CHANGED SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON YET YOU PESTER ME EVERY DAY ABOUT CHECKING THAT THE PLAYERS ARE ENJOYING THEIR "TEAMWORK" PREPARATION FOR THE GAME. ONCE IS ENOUGH. I DON'T NEED MY INBOX CLUTTERED WITH THE INANE RAMBLINGS OF A TRAINING-CONE-OBSESSED LUNATIC WHO DOESN'T COMPREHEND THE MATCH PREPARATION STRATEGY WHICH I OUTLINED AT THE START OF THE YEAR, AND WHICH I SLOWLY REPEAT EVERY FREAKING TIME YOU BOTHER ME. I HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT YOU BEATING ME OVER THE HEAD WITH CLIPBOARDS ON WHICH SQUIGGLY LINES MORPH INTO VISIONS OF YOUR EAGER YET UNCOMPREHENDINGLY BLANK FACE. GO AWAAAAAAAY!!!"

-Removed multiple selection from the tactics screen, now have to go to the squad screen to rest players or make them available for reserves, a couple more of unnecessary clicks.

-When a player is offered from an agent the price is gone from the right panel? Now i think that every single player i'm offered is a free transfer.

Defenders not marking players on a throw-in because the attacker has taken up a position that would otherwise be offside, he can't be offside you bleeding idiot. :mad:

In the category of "annoying but harmless":

1) Rest superstar player, 25+ appearances this season, for game against relegation fodder sandwiched in between big European clash and top-of-the-table derby. Play squad player, making his third start of the season, instead.

2) Squad player picks up minor injury in game.

3) "The injury to [squad player] must be a major blow to your ambitions" um...no, not really.

4) "Who are you considering as a replacement for [squad player]" er...the superstar who has been in my first team all season and was just being rested for one game?

5) "Do you think there's a chance that [superstar] could put pressure on [squad player]'s first team place?" ...uh...yeah, I'd say there's a chance of that happening.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.*

* - that's not strictly true, sometimes (just for fun) the software pretends that when I've been asked who I will use as a replacement, my answer was 44-year-old scout Roberto Baggio. That's always a giggle. Do I think he could put pressure on [squad player] and take his first team place? Meh, sometimes that's a close call...

* Scouts recommending me worthless players whose only appeal is (I suppose) a relatively high PA but their attributes are so low/uneven they're not even worth a second look.

* 30+ yo non-European stars attracting interest from second-rate league all over Europe.

* Cup draws being so unlucky you could think it's made on purpose... you'll always get a same-league rival despite plenty of lower-leaguers being available, you'll always get the best non-seeded club, you'll likely end up in the worst possible CL/EL group...

* Players getting injured after you've subbed 3 players already

* You get offered a better, previously unknown, candidate for a role just a few days after having spent most of your budget for a player.

* Unreasonable and stubborn players/agents... "I'd rather sit at home doing nothing than signing for your club for a reasonable wage" and "No, I'm not signing a new contract despite this being the only choice I have"

Minor but annoying detail regarding press conferences (that I usually skip anyways):

(player x has scored 2 and had one goal dissallowed for offside):

"Do you think that player x will be uppset for beeing subbed off after having made a hat-trick?"

Actually happens to me a lot, due to the more concerning over-effective pacey strikers... :)

Archived